Ps3

Aada

Part of the furniture
Had a go on Resistance:Fall of Man on saturday night, was well impressed. The graphics were stunning for a launch title and the gameplay seemed spot on too. Can't wait to see the games when the developers have learnt how to get the most from it.

I am now frantically trying to get £425 for a kidney. Anyone interested?

Not thought about getting a job then?

Aada

Part of the furniture
A bloke i work with picked one up today after reading about Linux on it and how that makes it the cheapest high performance media center on the market, with Blu Ray. So he is buying one just for Blu Ray and a Media Center thats is prolly bad new for Sony still as he has no intention of buying any games :)

You just summed up why alot of people aren't buying a PS3.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
A bloke i work with picked one up today after reading about Linux on it and how that makes it the cheapest high performance media center on the market, with Blu Ray. So he is buying one just for Blu Ray and a Media Center thats is prolly bad new for Sony still as he has no intention of buying any games :)

It's actually not all bad for them - it's another sale to plump up their figures. The higher the sales, the more they can brag about shifted units = more developers will want to make games for their machine because more people have ps3's.

soze

I am a FH squatter
You just summed up why alot of people aren't buying a PS3.

Why, because for the £150 more than a 360 you get a built in Blu Ray player and a high end media center?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Had a go on Resistance:Fall of Man on saturday night, was well impressed. The graphics were stunning for a launch title and the gameplay seemed spot on too. Can't wait to see the games when the developers have learnt how to get the most from it.

I am now frantically trying to get £425 for a kidney. Anyone interested?

I hear your liver and kidneys are fucked with all the heavy boozing and a heart is out of the question because you are a heartless bastard! My right wrist is knackered though from excessive masturbation so if they can transplant your wrist in place of mine you have yourself a deal!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

The brother of a good friend bought one yesterday, he doesn't intend on buying any games either, just wants a nice media centre and a hack so he can pirate all the games he wants :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
The brother of a good friend bought one yesterday, he doesn't intend on buying any games either, just wants a nice media centre and a hack so he can pirate all the games he wants :D

I wonder how long it will take also you will need a Blu Ray Recorder or a bloddy big harddisk to store you copies :) Will be interesting

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I wonder how long it will take also you will need a Blu Ray Recorder or a bloddy big harddisk to store you copies :) Will be interesting

90% of current PS3 games come in at under 7gb when you remove the dummy files, downsampling movies would help reduce that further. In time I am sure it will get harder as the games get bigger but the bulk of Blu-Ray game storage at the moment is being taken up by FMV which can always be ripped or downsampled to get the games down to more reasonable sizes. 2 years down the line I am sure Blu-Ray burners and media will become much more affordable to the mainstream as well.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
It isn't true bud, Sony are quoting units shipped and not actual units sold at retail. Under those conditions Wii is showing the strongest sales at the moment, 360 second marginally ahead of PS3.

The sad fact is that the console is overpriced, even in the U.S. and it has stalled PS3 sales badly, 5 months in and it hasn't sold 2 million units at retail really does indicate that there is a pricing issue. Sony will have to address it that the next 6 months or face losing serious ground in the console market, the Wii has already split the market somewhat and a price drop by Nintendo next October will only make things harder for MS and Sony if they don't respond with some seriously large price cuts themselves.

I expected my post would be misread and it seems you have done ;)

I am sure the PS3 is selling the least right now, that's nothing to do with what I was saying.

At this stage of release (x months after release), the 360 was selling less units than Sony is after the PS3's release.

So say, 3months into the 360's life it was selling 1000 units a week, 3months into the PS3's life it is selling 1200 units a week or whatever (this is just an example, fuck off fanboys who want to whine).

It highlights that despite the much higher cost, and the fact it's competing against two other next generation consoles who got a head start, the PS3 is selling better at this stage.

I really don't want to have to explain this again.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi I'll give you a fiver towards IF you say Fusion is by far the worst of the series and mean it.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I expected my post would be misread and it seems you have done ;)

I am sure the PS3 is selling the least right now, that's nothing to do with what I was saying.

At this stage of release (x months after release), the 360 was selling less units than Sony is after the PS3's release.

So say, 3months into the 360's life it was selling 1000 units a week, 3months into the PS3's life it is selling 1200 units a week or whatever (this is just an example, fuck off fanboys who want to whine).

It highlights that despite the much higher cost, and the fact it's competing against two other next generation consoles who got a head start, the PS3 is selling better at this stage.

I really don't want to have to explain this again.

You have to take into account just how hard it was to get a 360 when it was first released though, you weren't able to walk into a store and pick one up till May/June.

Oh and I have a 360 and will be getting a PS3 the thursday before easter so I have a nice 4 day holiday to play with it so I ain't a fanboi ;)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Bodhi I'll give you a fiver towards IF you say Fusion is by far the worst of the series and mean it.

Hardly. I could never get into Wip3out. Fusion also has Zone mode, which is clearly the greatest thing in any racing game ever. Oh and the best soundtrack and graphics.

Sorry that won't happen. Fusion is still one of my favourite 3 PS2 games. Please note I didn't say the best 3, just my favourite. Each to their own mind...I mean I think Halo's a big bag of wank, but a lot of people seem to like it. That's life innit.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
I didnt like what they did with fusion style wise and the tracks were no longer roller coasters that you just hung onto for dear life by the tip of your wings. But yeah assholes n that.

I did hear they making a Wipeout with motorstorm the potential engine. Thats exciting. But please more corkscrews, 90 degree airbrake turns at the end of massive long straights. Didnt fiddle with fusion much, Zone mode was just a continually accelerating checkpoint kinda thing wasnt it?

Wip3out looked the best imo, had the best style. Oh shit yeah i remember why i didnt like fusion the most, no designers republic doing the art.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Each to their own mind...I mean I think Halo's a big bag of wank, but a lot of people seem to like it. That's life innit.

No no. no no no. Halo is a big bag of wank. The people who like it are wrong and/or confused.

Aada

Part of the furniture
No no. no no no. Halo is a big bag of wank. The people who like it are wrong and/or confused.

Thinking Halo is wank is the cool thing to do nowa days isn't it?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
halo is good to play with mates of a dreary day, sitting inside and getting merry.

single player though, i cant see much point in playing it.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Halo = one big giant yawnfest.

It was the only thing any Xbox owner clung to in the face of PS2 domination and it wasn't terribly amazing.

Oh wow, vehicles.. omg you can use two guns at once! even different ones! omgomg!..

Seemed the only people who got excited about Halo effectively lived in a game proof box until it came out because they would act as if Halo is the first true FPS to grace the world and had all new 100% unique features!

The way pople speak about Halo as if it's the Messiah come again only serves to make Halo even more dull.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Halo = one big giant yawnfest.

It was the only thing any Xbox owner clung to in the face of PS2 domination and it wasn't terribly amazing.

Oh wow, vehicles.. omg you can use two guns at once! even different ones! omgomg!..

Seemed the only people who got excited about Halo effectively lived in a game proof box until it came out because they would act as if Halo is the first true FPS to grace the world and had all new 100% unique features!

The way pople speak about Halo as if it's the Messiah come again only serves to make Halo even more dull.

As i said it's the cool thing to hate Halo these days.

soze

I am a FH squatter
As i said it's the cool thing to hate Halo these days.

No the cool thing to do is to hate Sony and make pointless statements sticking up for Microsoft as often as possible.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I've never liked Halo. Therefore I was cool before all of you.

Aada

Part of the furniture
No the cool thing to do is to hate Sony and make pointless statements sticking up for Microsoft as often as possible.

You'll find that has been going on since the Playstation launch.

soze

I am a FH squatter
You'll find that has been going on since the Playstation launch.

Since the Playstation 3 launch yes :)

I have said the worst thing Sony ever did was become the best as just like Microsoft people seem to hate who ever is on top so for me the 360 is a Mac :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Since the Playstation 3 launch yes :)

I have said the worst thing Sony ever did was become the best as just like Microsoft people seem to hate who ever is on top so for me the 360 is a Mac :)

Since the original.

Enjoy your ports and none exclusives except FF/GT.

End of chat.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Since the original.

Enjoy your ports and none exclusives except FF/GT.

End of chat.

So people have hated Sony since the original PS One? Then how is the PS2 the biggest selling Console?

I will thank you very much.

Thats a shame i wanted you to show me how i missed on hating Sony for so long :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Cool to dislike halo? What sort of crack are you smoking? It's just a crap game man :\

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
it's actually the fps I've enjoyed most, and also my number one reason for getting a xbrick in the first place.
And no, I'm not unaware of the other great fps' out there. I've played games since the C64. Halo just did it for me.

soze

I am a FH squatter
it's actually the fps I've enjoyed most, and also my number one reason for getting a xbrick in the first place.
And no, I'm not unaware of the other great fps' out there. I've played games since the C64. Halo just did it for me.

My favorite would have to be farcry i loved that game

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have also always hated Halo, it really is a poop game. I tried playing it many times and it always failed to impress me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom