Ps3

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Not at all - though I think the PS3 looks spangly and in a year or two there'll be no contest - I still think the Wii looks like fucking good fun.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
I for one will enjoy watching the PS3 claw back on the 360 and Wii and see all the Xbox fanboys eat their words after spending the best part of 2 years abusing Sony like crazy.

I believe all three manufacturers made fuckups this round and I am not terribly impressed with what is on offer.

The Wii looks fun, it's a Nintendo console, you will go to your friends and play it and have a laugh, it's not serious it's just a laugh. Although if someone really tried I'm sure it could pull off some nice serious content.

The PS3 is clearly the best package, it looks to have the brightest future of the three right now and despite the huge price point it is actually good value right now (assuming you are an HD goon).

But honestly if I had to buy one now it would be the 360, purely because it has more games that I find appealing right now (only natural after being out so long), I love the control pad (MS did great on this one) and everyone I know has one so it would be a lot of fun to play online and at LAN's together.

However, I am getting none ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Not at all - though I think the PS3 looks spangly and in a year or two there'll be no contest - I still think the Wii looks like fucking good fun.

It's a 10min gimmick you love then never play again.

I haven't played my Wii since around December 15th and i don't ever plan on doing so again and am seriously considering trading it in atleast i would get something for it rather then what it is now, a dust collector.

Should have trusted my judgement on the last 2 ninty consoles i bought.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I for one will enjoy watching the PS3 claw back on the 360 and Wii and see all the Xbox fanboys eat their words after spending the best part of 2 years abusing Sony like crazy.

I believe all three manufacturers made fuckups this round and I am not terribly impressed with what is on offer.

The Wii looks fun, it's a Nintendo console, you will go to your friends and play it and have a laugh, it's not serious it's just a laugh. Although if someone really tried I'm sure it could pull off some nice serious content.

The PS3 is clearly the best package, it looks to have the brightest future of the three right now and despite the huge price point it is actually good value right now (assuming you are an HD goon).

But honestly if I had to buy one now it would be the 360, purely because it has more games that I find appealing right now (only natural after being out so long), I love the control pad (MS did great on this one) and everyone I know has one so it would be a lot of fun to play online and at LAN's together.

However, I am getting none ;)

Won't happen because it's the games that make a console and nothing apart from MGS4 stands out i'm afraid.

PS3 online is also piss poor even for being free.

Most of the good games will come to the 360 first because it's easier to develop for :D

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Won't happen because it's the games that make a console and nothing apart from MGS4 stands out i'm afraid.

Most of the good games will come to the 360 first because it's easier to develop for :D

The PS3 will most definitely claw back any advantage the 360 has taken, it may not overtake it or get completely equal, but it will get a whole lot closer than it should have/closer than the fanboys thought.

There are not many games on any of the consoles that stand out, MGS4 would definitely be one since it is always a gem of a game so far, but I still find it a shame to have so many people dependent on sequels, where are the innovative ideas? and don't say Wii, because while the hardware is innovative, not many of the games are... yet.

Ease of development sounds good when you're EA and want to port yet another useless title for more revenue, but I don't think it will make as much difference as market penetration. If the PS3 gets market penetration like the PS2 has had, then it doesn't matter how hard it is to develop for, it will get the games and even more exclusives.

A lot of 360 games will be a case of "we just made a PC game, oh lets just knock out a quick 360 port to boost our revenue", rather than "lets make a quality game for the 360 and show everyone what we can do".

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
JUst spent 1 hr bashing my mate at VF5. He went home crying but hell tell his mates how nice 1080 p is when games talk happens again. Inevitable but a goood step in my book. Anyone that has sexual feelings ffor a console needs to go take a bath, maybe have a nice chilling can of beer whatever.

STFU. Enjoy the games. And stfu/

Message brought to you by lover of games, not chips.

soze

I am a FH squatter

The being hard to code for would be a thing if it was only going to last 1 year. But just like the PS2 befor it over the years as developers find out how to get the most of the machine the exclusives will come to the PS3. Any developers saying its too dificult to code for so we made a port seem like lazy cost cutting shit heads as well.

You forgot Armoured Core 4 stand out game of the year ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It's a 10min gimmick you love then never play again.

I haven't played my Wii since around December 15th and i don't ever plan on doing so again and am seriously considering trading it in atleast i would get something for it rather then what it is now, a dust collector.

Should have trusted my judgement on the last 2 ninty consoles i bought.

So why do you feel the need to post on Wii topics if you have not played it since then?

Personally I think you are talking horse shit and the real content you are missing is that you do not actually have any rl friends to enjoy the console with.

Aada

Part of the furniture
So why do you feel the need to post on Wii topics if you have not played it since then?

Personally I think you are talking horse shit and the real content you are missing is that you do not actually have any rl friends to enjoy the console with.

The best game we played was Madden the rest have been tripe to say the least.

Zelda was good but got pretty boring since you would have thought by now there would be voice acting instead of the 90s text reading all the way through.

It's a gimmick at the moment until they release a game that is not a port with the motion controls tacked on.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
I think the main reason Zelda is text is because of localisation, it's far easier to translate text into various languages than to cast and hire voice actors for each role in every language and then proceed to spend weeks recording all of the dialogue in every single language to a high standard.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I've yet to see the ps3, but out of all the consoles it's the one i'd probably buy, but that's because the 2 series i've played more than any others on a console are Gran Tourismo and Final Fantasy and those ain't ever coming out on the x-box or wee. Although that said, as usuall i'll wait till the price drops by half and decent games come out :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH

People aren't going to make a game 360 exclusive based on how much their programmers whine about code.

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
I think I shall be buying a ps3 when Rock Band comes out as it sounds friggin awesome: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6168398.html hopefully it'll keep its projected release date of nov 1st or at least by christmas! I've got GH1 and 2 for the ps2, hopefully i'll be able to use those guitars, but if not, screw it, wireless ones'd be better anyway. Its mostly this and Force Unleashed I want, as annoyingly it isnt coming out for the wii! :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well I got one, it is sexeh. I have got it for blu-ray rather than gaming, but are any of the launch titles actually worth playing?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Depends on what games you like of course. I got Tekken 5: DR from the PS Store and have played it until my fingers bleed.

You can get demos of some games from the PS store (at least Resistance, Ridge Racer, maybe Motorstorm but I didn't notice since I bought it already). Try 'em out. Wish they had demos for all games ¬_¬

Yaka

Part of the furniture
stay the fuck away from resistance fall of man, uber short fps with extremly shit level desgin

motorstorm ins extremely good, and add me to the friends list.

my nicks Yaka

if you got it for multimedia stuff the get vilvic media center, you can norty things like transfer blu ray films to hdd and play em

oh and god war2 is out this weekend, ps2 game but a fucking immense game none the less

Aada

Part of the furniture
stay the fuck away from resistance fall of man, uber short fps with extremly shit level desgin

motorstorm ins extremely good, and add me to the friends list.

my nicks Yaka

if you got it for multimedia stuff the get vilvic media center, you can norty things like transfer blu ray films to hdd and play em

oh and god war2 is out this weekend, ps2 game but a fucking immense game none the less

So all in all then not worth buying one atm? unless i want to say i have a PS3 with Linux installed?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Aada will you stay the fuck out of threads that have nothing to do with the 360, that way you wont have to make the same comment over and over again.

You really are the biggest fucktard I have ever seen on the internet. Give it a fucking rest.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
listen to wise old ch3ts

tbh this happens when ever a console is released,

when first ps2 came out not much was out for it, same with xbox, jsf pgr and halo was about it. with 360 pgr3, dead rising was all that was worth getting
same with ps3. its nothing new yet peeps who dont buy a console on release like to always point out its not worth getting to peeps who own em from day 1. tbh who gives a shit

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Warhawk looks like it will be great fun, I love that type of gameplay.

(Battlefield e.g Planes,Tanks, Solider) You can also customize your Warhawk.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Motorstorm is a hell of a lot of fun.

Resistance fall of man may be sort but playing co op with a mate is alot of fun as well i spent most of yesterday playing it 2 players so i would still say its worth the money.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Resistance: Like I said, get the demo from the PS store before buying or listening to anyone. I didn't buy it with my PS3 (being an experienced PC FPS player, I thought I'd hate it). Played the demo levels once through... then again... then.. well played through the demo levels like 5 times and decided to buy it :D Online is a bit dodgy though. Most games I joined gave free bazookas to everyone when you spawn = not a fun match.

Motorstorm: I loved it at the start, but there are a whole bunch of bugs and annoyances that stopped me playing it.

- Having your bike/ATV explode on invisible or miniscule nicks on a flat path.
- Rubber-band AI (catchup blah)
- Infinite turbo glitch ruining online games
- All AI opponents going out of their way to destroy you rather than trying to win (happens a bit later in the game)
- No split-screen multiplayer?!?!?! WTF?!!!!!!!!!!

Formula 1:CE: Any F1 fan will love it. Anyone else probably won't.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
motorstorm won me over witht he mp mode, yes the boost glitch is pain but ive not come across it much

soze

I am a FH squatter
If any of you guys with a PS3 did not get the bond film free and want it let me know and i can send it to you i have ended up with it twice. :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Aada will you stay the fuck out of threads that have nothing to do with the 360, that way you wont have to make the same comment over and over again.

You really are the biggest fucktard I have ever seen on the internet. Give it a fucking rest.

So you have Linux installed?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have no idea how linux works and no need for a second computer. I got it for a cheap blu ray player and the occasional game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom