Prydwen current RvR situation

robbe

Loyal Freddie
problem is leet guilds think 'they add on us we add on them'

no manners left on any side:<

robbe

Loyal Freddie
rly how many of you let enemies rest after they killed another fg?

not add 2 sec after fight when all oop and shit..

Azraeth

Fledgling Freddie
my opinion is that neither the zergs or the time makes rvr suck....

its just that many of the old school players left the game cause of toa/grapple/whine etc and we got many noobs running around in random grps and getting easily killed!
those noobs are the problem imo! when they see 1 grp with pets and a couple of add stealthers they go " AMAGAD,THEY R ZERGING CALL FOR BACK UP,KEEL EM,ITS A RELIC FORCE" and the rest of the crap we see every day in game or forums :(

all the realms zerg and its not always intentional cause when they port they all leave in massive numbers for safety etc after buffage,thats just the way it is!

NF wont change a thing if this situation keeps going cause more and more players will leave the server by having to keep up with all that crap every day and night....

have fun :confused:

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
RvR is silly atm. Less Cgs, less Mids, unless you want to fight yourselves of course. I heard 50 Mids emain about an hour ago and BO went for dinner... Emain was empty for a few mins, then got zerged again.

Seriously why is it like this? Why do Mids insist on only going emain when there's 3-4 fg of them in CFH range? Ask yourselves that. Cos no point Hibs going rvr, all that happens is u fz die to either a) the initial group, b) the add group c) the 2nd add group d) if unlucky some hunter fz's you.

Keeps are waste of time, all that does is show bored mid zerg emain = don't bother.

If Hibs get some more guild groups back to emain, all that happens then is someone whine and Mids then instead of 3 x 1fg in 5 sec cfh range, its 2fg on stick and 1 fg 5 sec add range.

Server will completely die soon if it hasnt already.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Only been back on pryd for a few days so dont know what rvr has been like.

My experience on alb is that people just dont seem to have the urge to RvR much atm, maybe the game has just lost its appeal to an extent, dont really know.

Have found it hard to get the needed classes for a group that can compete and so find myself milling around at apk alot of the time with a few others waiting for mids to pass by. The game just feels a bit stagnant atm with not much really happening.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I think ToA killed the game for many. they feel like they need alot of artis, ml´s etc to compete and if they don´t have it they don´t go RvR

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Eroda said:
Only been back on pryd for a few days so dont know what rvr has been like.

My experience on alb is that people just dont seem to have the urge to RvR much atm, maybe the game has just lost its appeal to an extent, dont really know.

Have found it hard to get the needed classes for a group that can compete and so find myself milling around at apk alot of the time with a few others waiting for mids to pass by. The game just feels a bit stagnant atm with not much really happening.

That's because in alb you need at least 4 high rr/ml people with toa sc in your group to compete decent against at least 75% of groups and only a few groups are suited to do well(alb caster fg doesn't do well vs good hib caster fgs unless they interupt good somehow and hibs have no GP up) whereas mid/hib have it easier to make them, everyone basically knows that by now though.

Pryd has few players because it's an english server too which is a problem because there isn't many uk players due to it not being advertised here and sold in very few computer shops.Pryd been dead a while anyway, i am happy to see more enemies but not happy when i see 2-3fgs high rr mids stampeding over me often but then again we do it too so does everyone really.

I think NF will kill the server too like shike said, areas seem too big for prydwen to contain much action.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
I think ToA killed the game for many. they feel like they need alot of artis, ml´s etc to compete and if they don´t have it they don´t go RvR

agree

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
Remem said:
Last days on prydwen been really shit RvR ,... emain is zerged to fuck by idiot mids campin mg with every bd and other idiot char they got...

I feel gilty, but just a bit :D

But I wanna rvr, I dont wanna exp an alt, so I go emain regardless who and how many are there.

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
yada yada

Old.Ilum said:
Reason I left Prydwen is because of this trend - RvR tends to be good 20% of the time and crap 80% of the time.

--------------

1 Bodyrot [Phoenix Knight] 50 Inconnu Cabalist 1.571.472 6L7
7.786 Outcast Prydwen

Seems you are playing prydwen (last week 7.786 rps).

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Heheyougotboned said:
Old.Ilum said:
Reason I left Prydwen is because of this trend - RvR tends to be good 20% of the time and crap 80% of the time.

--------------

1 Bodyrot [Phoenix Knight] 50 Inconnu Cabalist 1.571.472 6L7
7.786 Outcast Prydwen

Seems you are playing prydwen (last week 7.786 rps).
Or of you read the information GOA posted up you'd know that they only recently fixed XML and that they stated that character would need to log in before it's stats would update. More likely Bodyrot's information is out of date by a long shot, my druid was showing 17k LWRP earn't and I've not RvR'ed him for over a month, but oh hum.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
PE will be back on Monday, I think. Quite a lot of ppl MIA atm and ppl PvE'ing etc. Hopefully RvR gets better then, cos more Albs come Emain when we are clearing the path or something.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Less PE guildgroups imo. Dreami shall never get no.1 merc spot :<

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
I think NF will kill the server too like shike said, areas seem too big for prydwen to contain much action.

If I would listen to certain ppl, all normal servers will die in NF and only worth playing is ze PvP.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
For me the zerging and camping is awful yes.. but thats not the sad part about RvR. these days the sad part about RvR is the CS leet attitude must pwn everything or its not fun that every player seem to have caught. my last fights in emain with Faravid or Mattis. Early morning RvR got 2 kills 1 pally rr3 (nice fight and all) and second kill invisibul.. well he sat down after my 2nd arrow.. well thats fun isnt it.. Then i met a Pally and a sorc twice, think sorc name was weggedk or something. both time i have sorc on real low hp and in melee then all of sudden i get msg is to far away. ok use sprint and hunterspeed so my char is pressed against the back of mr.sorc. still get the msg to far away nice leet haxxing bye him TWICE!
Lets see later on go to brief camp it for a while Baltazard and succi inc i think balth didnt have IP last time I fought him so start attacking him. He run out of range maybe afk or tactics who knows succi attacks me and i got both IP and ap2 available so i start meleeing, balt comes back for arrow range i put pet on him and continue melee with succi im on 70ish hp and succi on about 20% then ZEE strafe starts... real fun... not that it would have matterd since hibs these days are worth 1rp. Last night, very late, mids bash down 3 hibs in baltazards little trio at mmg all worth 1rp/each... thats whats wrong with RvR these days.. people go to anylength to win including our free from grapple realm mates..

Mince

Fledgling Freddie
Guess I'll risk the flames as a nobody and post my 2p <eek>

Is it any different on other servers?

My experience of RvR since coming back is

1) wait 40 mins for a group
2) spend 10 mins buffing and arguing over who MA is etc
3) Leave apk make it thru amg and get ganked somewhere between there and mmg
4) port back - half grp gone - wait 40 mins etc etc

I dont give a toss about rps etc I just want to have some fun and be at least slightly competitive rather than being farm material.

I'm resigned to the fact thats not going to happen but what do I do? Re-roll another server only to find its the same? Or just just keep turning out time after time to be farmed and listen to the same old whines again. Really at a loss with the game at the mo and struggling for direction.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I just hope PE gets out soon again. Atleast we knew we had PE to fight everytime we had our RvR evenings.

And the trend has always been PE RvRing more albs will also come out and RvR.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Mince said:
Guess I'll risk the flames as a nobody and post my 2p <eek>

Is it any different on other servers?

My experience of RvR since coming back is

1) wait 40 mins for a group2
2) spend 10 mins buffing and arguing over who MA is etc
3) Leave apk make it thru mmg and get ganked somewhere between there and mmg
4) port back - half grp gone - wait 40 mins etc etc

I dont give a toss about rps etc I just want to have some fun and be at least slightly competitive rather than being farm material.

I'm resigned to the fact thats not going to happen but what do I do? Re-roll another server only to find its the same? Or just just keep turning out time after time to be farmed and listen to the same old whines again. Really at a loss with the game at the mo and struggling for direction.

afaik Excal is one big zerg. Dunno about the german and the french servers

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
Early morning RvR got 2 kills 1 pally rr3 (nice fight and all) and second kill invisibul.. well he sat down after my 2nd arrow.. well thats fun isnt it.. QUOTE]

Probably cos i was getting zerged, so whats the point in wsting time trying to fight :)

Anyway :)
Didn't read every post, would take me too long but i'll say this.

RvR atm is really crap, i've 2 screenshots where albs had all mid keeps, then went and got all hib keeps, this was end of december last year 2 months b4 ToA, since then alb rvr has literaly become non existent. Except for the likes of Public Enemies, Forgotten Legends, Outcast, Angels of Darkness and The Last Watch (maybe some more, sry if i dont say), who really only run 1 maybe 2 grp's at any one time, the rest of alb have been non existent in RvR except for stealthers and really, this is appauling. Apart from the occaisonal alb zerg in emain you all have to agree that midgard dominate rvr atm.

I hope and pray that Albion sorts itself out intime for NF or we gonna say good bye to all relics and probably some of our best and oldest players, even more than we've already lost since ToA release.

Or maybe i'm just talking jibberish, all i ask that every guild evaluates their RvR status and tries harder to organise rvr groups, this will stop the lame no skilled random groups that quite a few people have to join, they then get bored of it and can't be bothered.

Anyway, think i've said enuff. Take it as you will, no flames plz :)
Only trying to help, you've probably heard it all before but if people keep whining about it, maybe, just maybe Albion's RvR presence will change for the better.

Cheerio for now.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Invisibul said:
Probably cos i was getting zerged, so whats the point in wsting time trying to fight :)

a hunter and his pet is a zerg these days?? no wonder you go out in large nr in albion if a hunter+ pet is zerg :clap:

Solthyann

Fledgling Freddie
Invisibul said:
Or maybe i'm just talking jibberish, all i ask that every guild evaluates their RvR status and tries harder to organise rvr groups, this will stop the lame no skilled random groups that quite a few people have to join, they then get bored of it and can't be bothered.

...and there you have it, you've hit the nail on the head, and now it's me opening myself up to flames. The "lame" random groups are what is missing in this game on Pryd - due to population issues - and that is why NF could have a disastrous impact on this server.

The whole point of DAoC (in RvR terms) is for large scale running battles, watch the vids from the US servers and see how often you get a three-way battle with 3, 4, even 5 groups from each realm - hell the original game manual even suggests that such joys will await players. That is how the game was intended to be, but for some reason (particularly on Pryd) people got it into their heads that RvR should be only for the opted, maxed & capped, tight-as-a-drum fixed groups.

This is not a flame against Invisibul, this is not a whine about the server, this is just a simple statement of opinion and fact - the game was designed for large scale two-way and three-way battles and our server simply doesn't support that because it became the home for the 'hardcore' RvR teams and they took over the frontiers. People say ToA killed RvR? I say it died before then, RvR (for the masses) was killed with SCing and Alch, and the ability for those determined enough to "own all" to be running around in 100% MP kit with stats and skills maxed to the limit

Discuss.....

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Remem said:
the reason why we take keep is to make u come out RvR. No other reason . Speakin for myself i rather watch Buttman 7 backwards then raidin keeps. But doin it cause hope u might come out someday :X

Oki im gonna spell it out for you and the others:

HIBS DONT COME OUT WHEN 12 FG'S MIDS ARE CAMPING, ADDING, ZERGING JERKING OFF IN EMAIN; EVEN IF YOU TAKE KEEPS. SINCE TAKING THOSE KEEPS RESULTS IN ZERGING AND THATS SOMETHING THE SMALLEST POPULATED REALM WILL NEVER WIN RESULTING IN ALOT OF FRUSTRATION SO THEY DONT EVEN BOTHER TO LEAVE THEIR BORDERKEEP ANYMORE

You want Hibs in Emain; or Albs? Simple: For starters do not add on the enemy fighting the useless idiotic bonedancers camping AMG (your own words xD). That way you lower the 'race for a share of the RP' between your own realm too (since Mids will die and if they get killed a few times in a row they will leave since loosing is no fun to those randoms) while promoting more Hibs to come to Emain since there is confidence in it because there are others.

By adding on the useless bonedancers idiots camping AMG you only strengthen them in camping it and you demotivate Hibs (or Albs) to come to Emain.

Now go take a keep in Breifine and add with 2-3 fg as soon as someone hits the guards there and kill those 5 Hibs and 2 stealthers and you understand why nobody fucking bothers to go out anymore :O

leviathane

Part of the furniture
well said tbh pupp, ive moved to Excal for some zergier RvR :m00: but atleast its better RvR, compared to the 1 sided ness prydwen always seems to have.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Solthyann said:
...the game was designed for large scale two-way and three-way battles and our server simply doesn't support that because it became the home for the 'hardcore' RvR teams and they took over the frontiers. People say ToA killed RvR? I say it died before then, RvR (for the masses) was killed with SCing and Alch, and the ability for those determined enough to "own all" to be running around in 100% MP kit with stats and skills maxed to the limit

Discuss.....

I totally agree.

I quit the game a long time ago for the reasons you state, plus more. My favourite classes were deemed unworthy (friar and wizard) and I spent a long time standing at APK watching the opted groups and their buffbots prepare for battle. When I did get a group we would invariably be surgically taken apart by 3 savage/3 healer/skald/shaman teams. Not fun at all...

I recently renewed because of NF: I want the large scale battles you mention and proper keep warfare. These big skirmishes are great fun and allow any class to make a contribution.

I went out to Emain this morning in a reasonably balanced group, but got steamrollered 5 times by 2fg mids + stealth adds camping AMG. Guess what...I logged. Of course I want big fights, but 20 versus 8 doesn't fall into that category imo. I respect the right of anyone to go to Emain, but those milegates are horrid chokepoints that focus the RVR to a few places. Hopefully their removal in NF will help.

As for keep takes to generate opponents, well I don't see why mids and hibs take so many keeps, as you can see from this thread that people are reluctant to retake, especially albs who have no relics. Hibs are reluctant to retake keeps for fear of the midzerg, so why do mids bother trying to own 11 keeps all the time? Do they really want DF that badly? DF can have good RVR too btw but only if DF changes hands a lot. So stop being so god-damn keep horny. All realms want DF and are more likely to enter the frontier to open it if they need one keep.

I hate the way some regard this game as a 1fg uber-groups playground. I for one will raise a glass if NF means the end of the eight man gank-squad mentality.

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
a hunter and his pet is a zerg these days?? no wonder you go out in large nr in albion if a hunter+ pet is zerg :clap:

Are you joking or realy that... erm.. stupid?

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Solthyann said:
the game was designed for large scale two-way and three-way battles and our server simply doesn't support that because it became the home for the 'hardcore' RvR teams and they took over the frontiers. People say ToA killed RvR? I say it died before then, RvR (for the masses) was killed with SCing and Alch, and the ability for those determined enough to "own all" to be running around in 100% MP kit with stats and skills maxed to the limit

Discuss.....

You hit it 100%. We (Exilium Lograsae) had some fun in RvR and we came out a lot. But the groups got better and better while we stand on our "rank". There was still some fun fighting these Midtankgroups, but since all realms seem to only run with castergroups that kill our whole group in less then 5 seconds we nearly don't move out anymore. There is nearly no fun in the "must have" of full optmized group to stay a chance.

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
lol such useless whines...if i had 10fg random hibs/albs farm everyday i d be more then grateful..

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:

nah, cos u see, if i was being shot at by sum1 and they were alone, i'd run at em, i only goto sit down if i'm outnumbered 3:1 or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom