Pryd & Excal Down. GOA Aware and working on it.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
What I dont understand is why the German GMs are giving out so much more specified information that the English ones? (All we get here is "we dont know when it will be up". I mean, dont they have the same sources of information ?)

(This time it happened to be wrong, its 16.00 cest now, but thats beside the point. Id rather have information on what they "believe" and for them to be abit wrong rather than not having any information at all...)

/Charmangle

Basically it's a load of crap, this is not a scheduled downtime so there is no way they can know. If you plan a downtime and plan the upgrades to achieve during that time you can get a god idea of how long it's gonna take. If, however, you are performing emergency fixes then it will simply take as long as it takes. Any ETA will be a rough estimate at best as chances are the more you fix, the more problems you are going to find.

Patience everyone, if they throw the servers back up without properly addressing the issue it may lead to longer downtime in the long-run.

If they spend 3 days fixing the problem, then throw the servers back up and almost immediately they fall apart again, then you can moan justifiably ;)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
givf chooseable compensation this time(finally) imo, and everyone's happy ... depends on when we get the server back up, but it would be cool to choose between 10p, 1 level of exp, 100K rps.. and compensation is something that's meant to be for the player base, why not make them feel really good hehe ;)

do you know how hard it would be to implement ?

first of all... they will need to manually open the db... add the reward and bs for evry damn char enybody chooses.... now... there are about 30-40k ppl playing this game.... now lets say it takes about 5 minz per char, to find it... add the stuff and so on

now thats 100 days or so of work if i calculated right.... whitout sleep, stops, and stuff like that... now take 4-5 gms to do the work... u get a months worth of work just giving out compensation.... mean time they need to work on patches... mybe fix something on the server

pft.... funny when u ppl think of things, but dont think them through enough

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Today, 01:48 PM
Righthandof said:
its funny you say that, i havent been online since last week tuesday, thats 9 days...

Today, 03:00 PM
Caledwyn said:
Roope Renegade lvl 50 Paladin R 7L2 LWRP : 0 ^^

its pretty hard to earn rp while not accessing the internet, dislexic idiot smartboi.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
charmangle said:
What I dont understand is why the German GMs are giving out so much more specified information that the English ones? (All we get here is "we dont know when it will be up". I mean, dont they have the same sources of information ?)/Charmangle

Golden rule of customer support, never make a promise unless you are 110% sure you can deliver it. Break that simple rule and you loose trust and possibly customers.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Took a while with 96 devices!Darzil
Hehe yea I recognize that, had a similar problem, but with longer time for the problem to appear, between 20minutes-an hour or so per port. (Only had about 30 ports to check though!:)

But in general to most, chill, the technicians are most likely doing all they can, and GOA are probably as concerned with this as you are. (It is expencive for them to give back time even for the english server)

Its annoying as hell and we all know we feel like we lost precious planned fun time due to this, but thats life with computors, suck it up and go out into the (atleast in sweden) nice sunny fall weather. :)

Think ill take my own advice on that!:) A beer in the warm sun cant hurt!

Genedril said:
(Tallen & Hawkwind too:)
Because if they missed the time they stated here then all & sundry would flame them for it. It's happened before so who can blame them for being vague & nebulous.

Ofc I understand that, if the same goes for the whole community. But apparently the German GMs feel they can give more information than the English ones. Do the English speaking community really whine that much more?

/Charmangle

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
its a tehnical prob... atleast tahts what they sayd. so probably some hardware just died or fried :p
Certain technical problems can fry the database - also technical problem can be extended right across the board to mean anything - hence why they say that a lot.

Cheers Xalin, think people might chill out now especially after point 1) has been ruled out.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:

its pretty hard to earn rp while not accessing the internet, dislexic idiot smartboi.

Girls, put down the handbags before someone gets hurt... :/

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
From every time this has happened before, if it isn't up by Midday on a Friday, you can forget DAoC for the weekend.
It'll be middle of next week before its fixed now, so time to get those Single Player games out :(

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Guess I'll go work on my BR in PS....woa cool slang :wanker:

Have a good one all.

/Dracus

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Drusus said:
From every time this has happened before, if it isn't up by Midday on a Friday, you can forget DAoC for the weekend.
It'll be middle of next week before its fixed now, so time to get those Single Player games out :(

if they give compensation for the time, we have really nothing to worry about.. do we :D

now some fresh air and mybe some games i have bought that i havent played along time :p

Bladze

Fledgling Freddie
Little bit less whine/spam/whinge in this thread tbh, then maybe we wont need to wade through 11 pages of BS to find the 2 or 3 posts that contain the lmited info available.

Knothead

Fledgling Freddie
seems all servers are down not just exca/pryd i know i'm a little late but been working(and drinking) a lot last day or 2

Nate

FH is my second home
would be nice if the gm's had their own section where they only had the rights to post for important info, or made a post and locked it for them only etc ;p

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
log in servers are back up but all game servers are still showing as down...still its a step in the right direction...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Oh well patching GW in case i got some addictions problems in the weekend cause situation starts to get darker and darker xD

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:

but u havnt been playing so what make's u think u would have been able to make 100k yesterday/todat, if u didnt intend to actualy play... ?

Hauwyth

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:
log in servers are back up but all game servers are still showing as down...still its a step in the right direction...

Shame that GOA take two steps in the wrong direction after taking one in the right direction :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Hauwyth said:
Shame that GOA take two steps in the wrong direction after taking one in the right direction :)

That makes no sense...they have the patch server back up, they have the login server back up, now only the game servers are down....how exactly are they taking two steps back and only one forward?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
trycorn said:
but u havnt been playing so what make's u think u would have been able to make 100k yesterday/todat, if u didnt intend to actualy play... ?

i wanted to play; got home yesterday late afternoon and was just about to log in when i noticed servers were down... i had freetime yesterday evening, whole today, and tomorrow morning, and than another 1 week break/away from home/daoc, thats why this stop really annoys me.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
feel free to tell us about a server that stays up 24/7 365 days a year. stop whing and get a life, there is more to do than daoc.

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
feel free to tell us about a server that stays up 24/7 365 days a year. stop whing and get a life, there is more to do than daoc.
load's of pinball server's r running 24/7 365, or so i hear anyways :eek6:

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Righthandof said:
i wanted to play; got home yesterday late afternoon and was just about to log in when i noticed servers were down... i had freetime yesterday evening, whole today, and tomorrow morning, and than another 1 week break/away from home/daoc, thats why this stop really annoys me.

You were pretty much unlucky then, as I, I'm able to play every other week, as my parent's times split 50/50. And this weekend I had also taken a "studyday" (Freeday) from school at friday, to relax and play some. Just unlucky I guess:(. Hope they'll have the servers up by the end of today atleast:(

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Kaun_IA said:
if they give compensation for the time, we have really nothing to worry about.. do we :D

now some fresh air and mybe some games i have bought that i havent played along time :p

Pffft, more likely you'll go play EVE online more :eek7:

And Raven, I'm similar to Righthandof - as it happens I have been working hard all week and I use Thursdays as a 'definitely DAoC' night so I'm at least a bit disappointed and it makes your 'get a life' comment unfair, still that's life....

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Raven said:

Student.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
its funny you say that, i havent been online since last week tuesday, thats 9 days, while i imagine you have been on a lot more, mr. iamacomputerzombiebutiactlikesomeonewhoisnot. /rofl :kissit:

I wasent gonne reply on this but just got back from work.
Its indeed funny since I havent played the game for like 3 months and enjoyed the summer. Lol at computerzombie tbh, my life is prolly 100 times better then yours.

So yes your so right about me and I dont really care about you anyway, now crawl back into your trashcan crybaby

Blockus

Fledgling Freddie
Just out of Interest what time do the Techs in France knock off for the weekend ..... :clap:

Hauwyth

Fledgling Freddie
Blockus said:
Just out of Interest what time do the Techs in France knock off for the weekend ..... :clap:

11am i would imagine, unless there is a strike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom