Pryd & Excal Down. GOA Aware and working on it.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel says:
basically, we know about it and the techs are working on fixing it

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
was just about to tell ya to remove the email addy ;)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
kinda glad, ive been awake 26hrs now, need to sleep.

And no not 26hrs on Daoc

just the last 14 lol

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Tesla Monkor said:
Requiel says:
basically, we know about it and the techs are working on fixing it

Thanks for the info :)

That said, announcing "we're aware and we couldn't give a sh*t" isn't an answer I'd expect from any wily organisation or person with responsibility so I'll just cross my fingers instead :eek7:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:

That said, announcing "we're aware and we couldn't give a sh*t" isn't an answer I'd expect from any wily organisation or person with responsibility so I'll just cross my fingers instead :eek7:

Strangely enough that wasn't what they said. They said they were working on it, eh? :)

That means we know GoA are aware, hey, we even know they work on it. Instead of being left in the dark.

Thanks for the info Tes. :)

Sorin

Banned
Oh no!!
what am i going to do?
now i don't have an excuse for ma girl! :eek6:

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Just to confirm. We're aware of this and are working on getting them back up. For now don't insta log in when you see the server is up as we might bring it down several times again before opening it again.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
kiliarien said:

Nobody likes being dumped out of the game - don't see the need to be a dick about it though especially given Requiel had an E&E put a post up within FIVE MINUTES of the servers going down...

leviathane

Part of the furniture
TheBinarySurfer said:
Nobody likes being dumped out of the game - don't see the need to be a dick about it though especially given Requiel had an E&E put a post up within FIVE MINUTES of the servers going down...
the reson to be a dick about it is the fact that it's ALWAYS the fcking english servers that gets fcked. Make it cheaper for english server players to play for such crap service or soem shit :)

Sorin

Banned
Xalin said:
Just to confirm. We're aware of this and are working on getting them back up. For now don't insta log in when you see the server is up as we might bring it down several times again before opening it again.

Yeah, but whats wrong?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel Says:
there'll be news on the main site soon, the techs are keeping us updated and as soon as we know for sure what is happening, we'll post it

Sarisir

Fledgling Freddie
the reson to be a dick about it is the fact that it's ALWAYS the fcking english servers that gets fcked. Make it cheaper for english server players to play for such crap service or soem shit

Its always the english server ye... If this happened to a french or german player, they could always just log on to another server to play a diff realm or summit...

People playing the english server(s) can only play 1 realm, unless they play on the, almost deserted, classic server... yet we have to pay full sub price... 1/3 product for the same price as the rest of the european community pays.

I've noticed the spanish server over the last couple of weeks, and it NEVER exceeds 200 players... as I remember it, the reason for the english cluster, were low population on the servers... how can they justify running a spanish server with those numbers then??

If GOA is all about accomidating diff nationalities, where's the servers for: norway, sweden, denmark, holland etc etc?

And why is it always the english server(s) that take a swing?

Tomehb

Fledgling Freddie
Sarisir said:
And why is it always the english server(s) that take a swing?

Maybe because we have a lower population so were not as important :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Just to be fair not like we give a toss about what's happening on the French and German servers. I always log on a character so I don't even see the server selection list and as far as I'm concerned they can be down every day.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
the reson to be a dick about it is the fact that it's ALWAYS the fcking english servers that gets fcked. Make it cheaper for english server players to play for such crap service or soem shit :)

I obviously don't have the numbers, but I doubt it's "ALWAYS" the english servers.

What IS obvious is, that you notice 100% of the times the english servers have trouble. And, you notice 0% of the times some german server have issues.

Hence it seems to you that 100% of the trouble are with english servers - which obviously is not true.

Sarisir

Fledgling Freddie
I obviously don't have the numbers, but I doubt it's "ALWAYS" the english servers.

What IS obvious is, that you notice 100% of the times the english servers have trouble. And, you notice 0% of the times some german server have issues.

Hence it seems to you that 100% of the trouble are with english servers - which obviously is not true.

But if english players had another toa-enabled server, or if the cluster hadn't happened, we could just log onto the other server and play a diff realm...

But because of the cluster, and the apparent low priority of the english cluster, we're left with a classic server or a pvp server... neither very compelling to the majority of english speaking players

Yet we still have to pay the same amount of money as the french and the germans, who have alot of options open to them

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
As they said, overall i don't see the need to get bent out of shape about it as its the perception that its us every time whereas in reality its evenly spread problems. I think part of the issues with the english servers is that a lot of people (suprise) play from the UK on them - and the main internet route between the UK and the servers is well dodgy within OT's sector of responsibility. Someone did a test a few mins ago and was getting 80% packet loss at some of the OT main steps

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
hmm

from prydwen.net shoutbox :

Today 20:19] Requiel: Just so you all know,we're working on the issue and there'll be news on the main site about it soon.
[Today 20:20] Requiel: We've rebooted the server but there's a larger issue which is causing the problem. As we know more it will be on the news page

Sorin

Banned
[21-09-2006] Prydwen/Excalibur cluster issue

A technical issue is currently keeping the Prydwen/Excalibur cluster down. Our technicians are working on the issue but it will most likely not be resolved until later in the night or tomorrow.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
-

camelot-europe.com

such crap.. i was having gg rvr tonight :(

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Just hope all your items are still there when you log back on ;)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
All we need now is a french server to drop and it will all be fixed within the hour including pizza break.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom