Pryd & Excal Down. GOA Aware and working on it.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Xalin, any chance you can roll the servers back to just before I respecced? :D

[17:56:06] You use your free realm respec.
[17:56:07] Your realm abilities have been stripped.
[17:56:12] You spend 5 realm skill points and learn the First Aid ability to level 1.
[17:56:12] You learn the First Aid realm ability!
[17:56:14] You spend 10 realm skill points and learn the First Aid ability to level 2.
[17:56:14] You learn the First Aid realm ability!
[17:56:19] @@[Guild] Utilitious-Excalibur: "right gonna log off as I need to go do a arty raid on alb at 7 so need an hr log off time"
[17:56:26] @@[Guild] Utilitious-Excalibur: "catch u later tonight"
[17:56:35] @@[Guild] Fergusrua-Excalibur: "bb Bo, see ya later"
[17:56:36] @@[Guild] Nightbred-Excalibur: "bb mate"
[17:57:54] @@[Guild] Fergusrua-Excalibur: "f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
[17:58:09] @@[Guild] Nightbred-Excalibur: "what up?"
[17:58:12] @@[Guild] Fergusrua-Excalibur: "clicked wrong skill in window, first aid 2"
[17:58:17] @@The ancient bound djinn says, "Greetings, great one." (is there a font for sarcasm?)
[17:58:18] @@[Guild] Nightbred-Excalibur: "lol"
[17:58:22] @@[Guild] Fergusrua-Excalibur: "hehe i know"

I meant to get TWF2 on my cathal valley wardy
So a rollback to 17:55 would be great :wub:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
This thread is "Need a life" V "Have a life"

Lovely :)

p.s I told GOA I am in no rush for them to fix the problem - only Lvl 19 on WoW so wont be back for awhile - servers might be down til November at least then they said so they can givf some techie's a bit of a holiday as they are upset as they read all teh whine on here !

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
It means that there is a big problem thats why we have no information.

I sure hope its not like the last one we had and i HOPE they put some effort in this weekend to resolve the problem as at the end of the day we are paying customers and with out us lot's of them would be out of a job.

Im sure they should have some information tho atleast u are talking neally 24 hours and all they can say is that on web page

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
to all the peeps saying the poor techies etc .. its their job guys n gals !
if they werent fixing problems then they would either be just sitting round drinking coffee(easy money) or sitting at home coz they were told not to come to work 2day coz they werent needed (no money)

but also to the other peeps QQin .. there are boundaries and getting really pissed at the personal trying to fix the problem isnt helping ..
helping = emailing goa saying oh whoops .. i just happened to find this weird bug at X location and then all of a sudden i was kicked from game :S .. :m00:

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
omg it looks like your weekend is ruined !!1 How the fuck can you possible survive 3 days w/o daoc ?! :rolleyes:

your supposed to go out in the weekend or smth :eek:

its funny you say that, i havent been online since last week tuesday, thats 9 days, while i imagine you have been on a lot more, mr. iamacomputerzombiebutiactlikesomeonewhoisnot. /rofl :kissit:

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Blow said:
That mean that the technical team havent indentified the source of the problem yet?
Cheesus read up before you post and you wont stand out as stoopid and ignorant.... :twak:

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Xalin i think a lot of people would relax if you can clear up the two big fears most people have currently:

1) Are we talking an item database problem in any way shape or form?
2) Will this mean a relic/etc reset?

I understand that its hard to give out info sometimes if youre not in a position to eveal details - but in this case "Bad news" is better than "No news".

Edit: Personally written my DAoC day off - been playing CSS and watching anime inbetween the joys of teleworking!

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
question : how does a relic reset effect a server were everyone owns their own relics ? :p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
hrala said:
the way you are talking here,, and in your other posts, i would think you work for goa or are trying to get a job there..

it´s so.

i pay my subs and would like to get the service due for my spent money,

they should have a back up server if one breaksdown they run the backup system.

this shit mostly happens on goa european servers..

well subs are cancelled and ive DL´d the ami version so cya goa

i guess u have no clue about servers and stuff working on it or behind it....
one thing ppl have to understand is that nothing and i mean NOTHING works 100% all the time regarding to computers, servers and the rest of the junk that surrounds it. yeah, i know it sucks big time but thats how it is atm. so these kind of crashes will probably happen again, you can get rid of them 100%, you can only reduce the chanse of that happening
yes, i do allso pay my subs, like evryother person who plays this game, ur not allone here.
the way i post about these things is couse i kinda know how the servers work (not exactly how in GoA, but i can immagine how), i work in the computer industry, and allso im studing computer sience and developement in uni....

and no, im not trying to get a job there nor work there....

Sorin

Banned
they better not turn the server a week or more back...
i made 300k rps in that week ffs!!

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
TheBinarySurfer said:

1) It is in no way related to any of the problems we had before. So there is no reason to fear a database problem (I've had nightmares about it trust me).
2) No. As it stands we are not looking at a rollback or a change from the situation as it was when the servers were shut down around 2 o clock last night.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
Xalin i think a lot of people would relax if you can clear up the two big fears most people have currently:

I understand that its hard to give out info sometimes if youre not in a position to eveal details - but in this case "Bad news" is better than "No news".

Edit: Personally written my DAoC day off - been playing CSS and watching anime inbetween the joys of teleworking!
its a tehnical prob... atleast tahts what they sayd. so probably some hardware just died or fried :p

Hauwyth

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
its a tehnical prob... atleast tahts what they sayd. so probably some hardware just died or fried :p

And its taking so long because they didnt have back-up equipment and the pet shop was closed.

Sorin

Banned
Xalin said:
1) It is in no way related to any of the problems we had before. So there is no reason to fear a database problem (I've had nightmares about it trust me).
2) No. As it stands we are not looking at a rollback or a change from the situation as it was when the servers were shut down around 2 o clock last night.

Thank you man!! thank you!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
They aren't committing themselves because sometimes it's hard to pin down errors exactly, one error can hide others.

My gut feeling is that what we were seeing last night was something like a cascading network failure. The network not only is how we get to the servers, but also how the servers communicate internally (one Camelot server is multiple physical servers - hence why if you recall TOA server issues, you could have laggy main TOA, then zoned into a dungeon on another server, and get no lag).

Cascading network failures are horrible, as they take out all of a network stack, can take a while to appear, and can come from any one port misbehaving badly, or from power fluctuations. Because they take the network stacks down, there often isn't any diagnostics available. I recall one that brought a network stack down about 5 minutes after a port was plugged in. Had to plug in one device, wait 5 minutes, plug in the next, etc, til it stopped working. Took a while with 96 devices!

Darzil

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
:worthy:

Nice one bud :)

For the updates you most certainly have no obligation to post here but do anyway.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Hauwyth said:
And its taking so long because they didnt have back-up equipment and the pet shop was closed.

specialized equipment is not easy to get :p

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
givf chooseable compensation this time(finally) imo, and everyone's happy ... depends on when we get the server back up, but it would be cool to choose between 10p, 1 level of exp, 100K rps.. and compensation is something that's meant to be for the player base, why not make them feel really good hehe ;)

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
if we got to choose compo i would choose ml1 to 10 free so i do not have to do um on my bard cos they sux

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
atleast patcher works for me now. no longer the gay 201 error :p maybe servers get up also soon :D but off to watch prison break

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Righthandof said:
givf chooseable compensation this time(finally) imo, and everyone's happy ... depends on when we get the server back up, but it would be cool to choose between 10p, 1 level of exp, 100K rps.. and compensation is something that's meant to be for the player base, why not make them feel really good hehe ;)

Yet more crap. Mind you I guess 100k rps would double yours.:touch:

snoepie

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:

hugs to j00 Beeksie! (stop ignoring me :x)

anyway , chances of servers being up today?
as my body is starting to show very weird signs !

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:

gratz on not being able to read a simple signature.

anyway, why would you mind the 100k? that should be the ammount id got in 1 day, so it seems fair to me.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
German GM :
Basically saying it might be up around 16:00 CET. Let's hope he's right :)

What I dont understand is why the German GMs are giving out so much more specified information that the English ones? (All we get here is "we dont know when it will be up". I mean, dont they have the same sources of information ?)

(This time it happened to be wrong, its 16.00 cest now, but thats beside the point. Id rather have information on what they "believe" and for them to be abit wrong rather than not having any information at all...)

/Charmangle

Genedril

Part of the furniture
charmangle said:
What I dont understand is why the German GMs are giving out so much more specified information that the English ones? (All we get here is "we dont know when it will be up". I mean, dont they have the same sources of information ?)

(This time it happened to be wrong, its 16.00 cest now, but thats beside the point. Id rather have information on what they "believe" and for them to be abit wrong rather than not having any information at all...)

/Charmangle

Because if they missed the time they stated here then all & sundry would flame them for it. It's happened before so who can blame them for being vague & nebulous.

My standard reply for when is the SQL server coming back up as it holds all our important data is: "As soon as it's fixed, which will be quicker if you stop bothering me. After all you don't think I find it fun for it to not be working & me having to drop everything to sort it out do you??" Thankfully it goes wrong about as often as the GOA servers. Try explaining that there's no such thing as 100% up time unless you fit redundant kit for roll over (which the Finance Director refuses to pay for).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom