Pryd & Excal Down. GOA Aware and working on it.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Xalin said:
Servers are coming up one by one. If you can get to your character screen but not log in your character it means the zone it is in is not booted up yet so give it a minute or two.

News will be up on the website any moment now.

Any rollback Xalin??

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Servers are coming up one by one. If you can get to your character screen but not log in your character it means the zone it is in is not booted up yet so give it a minute or two.

News will be up on the website any moment now.

Does that mean u found the problem , and 100% solved?
AS atm i see a lot op ppl dropping out those servers and italian server is down again.

Also, just wondering, Why always the french/german/spanish/italian server first ? ;)

greets,
vav

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Righthandof said:
i wanted to play; got home yesterday late afternoon and was just about to log in when i noticed servers were down... i had freetime yesterday evening, whole today, and tomorrow morning, and than another 1 week break/away from home/daoc, thats why this stop really annoys me.

Well boo fucking hoo.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
calhoon said:
They have got you like a fish on a hook , your just begging to get back on, and when you do all is fine again. they will most prob give you 1 day free sub, but think about it your there puppet and they can do what they want.

I don't care.
I want my fix.
<shakes uncontrollably>

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Trolling? I haven't been on here in over a year lol :eek7:

I'll try and explain:

A- You don't play
B- You haven't been here in a year

But yet you did just post something intentionally inflamatory for absolutely no reason on a subject you presumably know nothing about having been away for a year.

There's usually a reason players get banned and it often reflects the personality rather well which is rather confirmed by your attitude here, getting banned twice and still being unable to leave this forum alone might well logically lead others to think you have "issues" ;)

Not me tho, I love everyone :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Any rollback Xalin??
I'm not going to promise anything as there's no way that I can possibly take into account every potential problem that might have been caused by this issue, however we have absolutely no reason to believe that there will be any need for a rollback.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
I'm not going to promise anything as there's no way that I can possibly take into account every potential problem that might have been caused by this issue, however we have absolutely no reason to believe that there will be any need for a rollback.

Thx again for the speedy reply.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, hands-up which sad-acts are sat waiting for their server to come back up at the login screen? :)

calhoon

Fledgling Freddie
Anarawan said:
kiss asser
No tbh i dont know much about servers , but one thing i do know about is money, and if i pay for a service i expect it to perform, if not i want to know why (but im not with out reason i know things go wrg. And grats on your uni coarse i bet you impress all the girls at your uni bar with your exstensive knowledge (you stud you), but me i am a realist and expect the service which i pay for, and if not a bloody good reason why im not getting it.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Tallen said:
Ok, hands-up which sad-acts are sat waiting for their server to come back up at the login screen? :)

Me but i'm playing xbox 360 while i do it, gotta love saints row and dead rising :D

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Hauwyth said:
And what a fantastic year it has been here without you :clap:
Not from what I heard :D

Requiel said:
Good news :)

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
vavires said:
, just wondering, Why always the french/german/spanish/italian server first ? ;)

As explained before no-one decides in what order to boot the servers. They get randomly turned on after situations like this. However even if the cluster is turned on first it will still open as one of the last since it takes longer for the cluster to go through it's boot processes as unclustered servers.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
the fact the servers now seem to be going down again after being up for 10 or so mintues is a bad thing no? :>

Keitan

Banned
First Time Banned
Mid - Prydwen
Gimmly - Warrior - 26/03/2002 - 10/05/2005 < Banned >
Second Time Banned
Penetrating - Fully Temped ML10 RR4x SM
Gimmli - Fully Temped ML10 RR4x Savage
Hib - Excal
Unknown Bard - Fully Temped ML10 rr6x Bard

< All Banned >
Death To GoA?

how banned so many time?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
As explained before no-one decides in what order to boot the servers. They get randomly turned on after situations like this. However even if the cluster is turned on first it will still open as one of the last since it takes longer for the cluster to go through it's boot processes as unclustered servers.

Is there a reason they are up and down like rabbits in the mating season? :)

Keitan

Banned
Arumos said:
the fact the servers now seem to be going down again after being up for 10 or so mintues is a bad thing no? :>

Pffft when they up get on ure rm imo : P

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Toel said:
You were pretty much unlucky then, as I, I'm able to play every other week, as my parent's times split 50/50. And this weekend I had also taken a "studyday" (Freeday) from school at friday, to relax and play some. Just unlucky I guess:(. Hope they'll have the servers up by the end of today atleast:(
Think thats the fustration of a lot of people tbh - those of us with lives and jobs / children / white picket fence + wife + dog don't have 24/7 to play - we have to fit DAoC in around RL and when you have some RL time free to use on DAoC and the servers are down you can't just "shuffle" that time across to another day.

Hence personally free days subscription has no compensatory value for me as it'll be another 2-3 days before i can play again now (can't play tonight - off out for food + alcahol!).

It'd be nice to know exactly what went wrong though (unless i missed a post in the scrolling). Btw by exactly i don't mean "Hardware / Technical Issues" ;)

Bladze

Fledgling Freddie
Services fail erros occur, this is to be expected. The camelot chronicles showing Camlann and Glast servers as being up from 13.00 hrs today is not acceptable. GOA has had the better part of the day to identify the problem, resource a fix and estimate roughly how long it will take to implment the fix. Stop ignoring your consumers and learn from previous mistakes, what we want is clear direction. We pay for a service and when the service fails I expect to be informed of how long I can expect it to take before service will resume. Not exact numbers, neither do I need to know the technical details of the problem. Some kind transparency within the process would however be greatly apreciated.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Hauwyth said:
He used a few exploits and sold those exploits on ebay if my memory is correct :)
<Puts on Chris Tarrant voice> Guess what, you've just one ONE MILLION POUNDS!
<Puts on other Chris Tarrant voice> Hey babeh, yes im married, it'll be fine, honest!

Edit: Buggering off out for food and booze now, enjoy the DAoC (if the servers stabilise) people!

Keitan

Banned
Hmm so since we getting a free day or 2 will my inactivate acc get it aswell ? or just the ones activate at the moment ?

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Hauwyth said:
He used a few exploits and sold those exploits on ebay if my memory is correct :)
That was the first time(such a stupid thing to do), the second time was just utter bs and gm abuse :) but I am not going to turn this wonderful GoA whining thread into my life story though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom