[INFO] Patch v1.0.4

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
104.jpg

highlights.gif

• The Witching Night live event has begun! For details, see the Warhammer Online Herald.
  • With the arrival of 1.0.4 we are now one step closer to offering Character Transfers from low population servers to medium population servers and the final stages of testing have begun. We’re excited to share all the details, keep an eye on the WAR Herald for more information and to find out how you can help us test the Free Character Transfer service in the coming days!
  • We have added three new guild rewards in the form of dungeon teleport scrolls. Each scroll can be purchased from a guild quartermaster, and is a single-use item that will teleport the player to a dungeon:
  • Gunbad Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 29, and will teleport the player into the entrance lobby area of the Gunbad Tunnels.
  • Bastion Stair Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 32, and will teleport the player into the entrance lobby area of the Bastion Stair.
  • Lost Vale Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 35, and will teleport the player to just outside the entrance to the Lost Vale.
  • Once a city has become contested, the attacking realm will now have 6 hours to capture it. If the invaders do not conquer the city in that time, the defenders will be declared victorious and the campaign will reset.
  • Pets set to follow will now path properly to their master, and will no longer teleport instantly to their master's side.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing pets to stop attacking their current target and return to their master's side. This issue would occur when a pet was ordered to change targets in mid combat, and the previous target subsequently died.
  • Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause trainer icons not to appear on the minimaps.
  • The successful capture of an enemy battlefield objective now rewards the capturing players with experience.
  • In response to player feedback, the amount of renown earned from healing players has been increased slightly.

campaignadjustments.gif

Tier 4 zones now require fewer scenario victory points to be captured. The mechanics of capturing a zone have not changed however. Zones which have no scenario opposition can still be captured if players join the queue for scenarios based on that Zone. Victory points towards zone control will be granted if a realm has enough players in the queue to launch the scenario and the other realm doesn’t. If players in those queues join a launched scenario or leave the queue, the victory points towards zone control will be forfeit.

In other words, using “Join All” to queue for all available scenarios is still the fastest way to get into a scenario, but joining the scenarios in a specific zone will have the greatest impact on control of that zone, and by extension the greatest impact on the campaign in that pairing.

general.gif

• Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause monsters to improperly flee at full speed. Monsters will now flee from combat at a more appropriate speed.

capitalcities.gif

• Adjusted the text messages that display when the capital cities become contested, to make them more appropriate.

combatandcareers.gif

ARCHMAGE.jpg

Balance Essence: The damage of this ability has been increased.

content.gif

• Additional polish has been applied to monster pathing and behaviors in the Lost Vale to improve the overall gameplay experience.
  • The Bastion Stair dungeon boss Kaarn the Vanquisher will no longer erroneously give "Target is Retreating" messages when attacked.

rvr.gif

• # The Statue of the Everchosen battlefield objective in the Chaos Wastes will no longer spawn guards of the wrong realm.
  • # The guards at the Maiden's Landing battlefield objective in Avelorn will now spawn at the appropriate level.
  • # Fixed an issue which was causing the RvR campaign to reset prematurely while a capital city was still contested.
  • # Fixed an issue which sometimes caused keeps and battlefield objectives to forget which realm and guild last owned them when the server was reset.
  • # The minimum number of players required to launch scenarios in Praag, Dragonwake and Thunder Mountain has been equalized to ensure even population distribution between all scenarios available when the campaign is in its default state.

tomeofknowledge.gif

• Tooltips for Tome of Knowledge tactic rewards have been revised to be more clear and helpful.

userinterface.gif

• Fixed an issue that sometimes caused trainer icons not to appear on the minimaps.

eksdee

FH is my second home
In response to player feedback, the amount of renown earned from healing players has been increased slightly.

woo!

Nate

FH is my second home
Wonder if Archmages will be loltapping there way to rr80 now! :D

They'll still look like level ones though :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Still no white lion pet pathing fix? No subs for another month :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Still no white lion pet pathing fix? No subs for another month :(

I see 2 pet "fixes" in there?

"Pets set to follow will now path properly to their master, and will no longer teleport instantly to their master's side.

Fixed an issue that was causing pets to stop attacking their current target and return to their master's side. This issue would occur when a pet was ordered to change targets in mid combat, and the previous target subsequently died. "

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thats not the problem, the problem is the fact that when running in a straight line the pet just goes bat shit and starts zig zagging through mob camps, up hills, underground, pulling everything around you meaning in some zones its just a waste of time having the pet out until just before you pull a mob.

Or when you set it to attack a mob even when you have a direct line of sight with the mob the pet runs off at weird angles through mob camps to get to it (though these changes may fix that)

Its the same pet issues that were around in DAOC but were not as bad because the areas were more open and you could give yourself more room between the mob camps, you weren't as funnelled as you are in WAR

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Thats not the problem, the problem is the fact that when running in a straight line the pet just goes bat shit and starts zig zagging through mob camps, up hills, underground, pulling everything around you meaning in some zones its just a waste of time having the pet out until just before you pull a mob.

Or when you set it to attack a mob even when you have a direct line of sight with the mob the pet runs off at weird angles through mob camps to get to it (though these changes may fix that)

Its the same pet issues that were around in DAOC but were not as bad because the areas were more open and you could give yourself more room between the mob camps, you weren't as funnelled as you are in WAR

Admittedly only level 15 my Wl and low level HE areas are a bit more spreaded but i never had probs with pet pulling mobs when moving between camps, can be tricky avoiding aggro inside camps aye.
The most annoying thing for me was the pet going mad and not deciding wtf side to get when fighting a mob, hindering the chance to land positional sides.
Gonna have a look and tell ya if it's any better.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Dear GOA
Please employ Penlid to be the English speaking community manger. If this is not possible can I suggest you at least learn from him.

Thanks

Cadelin

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
YAY Finally we are allowed to get renown for healing, was tired of getting low renown just because i healed everyone but the top killer apparently :D

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Good to see there is going to be more renown from healing.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
''The mechanics of capturing a zone have not changed however" - zzz still need to pve pqs to capture a zone then =\

aika

Can't get enough of FH
too late to edit:

"K mates lets grind those PQ's while queueing for a scenario"
30 mins later
"zomg mates we captured the zone by pveing mobs!"
Its like CM again ;(

xDD

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The teleport scrolls as rewards for guilds seem a bit annoying, by the time our guild reaches guild rank 32 we probably won't need to visit Bastion Stair so often!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The teleport scrolls as rewards for guilds seem a bit annoying, by the time our guild reaches guild rank 32 we probably won't need to visit Bastion Stair so often!

I was wondering the same in fact xD

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Tier 4 zones now require fewer scenario victory points to be captured. The mechanics of capturing a zone have not changed however. Zones which have no scenario opposition can still be captured if players join the queue for scenarios based on that Zone. Victory points towards zone control will be granted if a realm has enough players in the queue to launch the scenario and the other realm doesn’t. If players in those queues join a launched scenario or leave the queue, the victory points towards zone control will be forfeit.

In other words, using “Join All” to queue for all available scenarios is still the fastest way to get into a scenario, but joining the scenarios in a specific zone will have the greatest impact on control of that zone, and by extension the greatest impact on the campaign in that pairing.

I might be reading this wrong. Is this saying that scenarios can in effect be won by just having a larger population. So if Dest has 24 in the que and Order has 14 in the que then the VP will go like this :-
Whoever wins the sc that pops gets VP's
Dest gets VP's because they won by default

If thats the case then the lower pop side might as well just open the gates up. If both sides are out rvring and both sides are also joining SC ques then the outcome has alreay been decided by numbers.

Nate

FH is my second home
Yeah, they should probably give them 200foot range on Chaotic Rift ;)

Battleboobs

Fledgling Freddie
will be fun to see how many cheaters they catch now when they have punkbuster bundled :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Yeah, they should probably give them 200foot range on Chaotic Rift ;)

<slaps Nate with a wet kipper>

Hey look, you took just as much damage as you would have in game from a magus :D

Anyone not interested in Magus stuff, stop reading here. Get a coffee and go look at a more interesting post :)

Magus is frankly dreadful for most things. Low survivability negating its use as a utility class, sub par DPS negating its viability as a cloth DPS class. Its a fun playstyle, but really its less popular than genital warts. A shame, because I love the playstyle but you need to have a huge amount of patience to put up with the combination of bugs and design issues.

The chaotic rift ability allows you to pull 12 players on top of you who then beat the crap out of you. You die. Such ownage. Ok thats slightly facetious, but you get the picture - more commonly than not, Chaotic Rift is a suicide spell which is great for everyone around you but for the magus is a bit like lighting a blowtorch behind a sumo wrestler thats been eating cabbage for a week.

Personally I'd like to see Chaotic Rift teleport the Magus to the summoning circle where his pet is when the spell is cast so long as its in Line of Sight but before people go ape, I accept that would be too open to abuse and non-viable (Magi would be able to use it to get to geometry-defying places I'm sure). Something would be nice though, even if its a 3-second immunity bubble so the Magus can get away from that pissed-off dorfs biting his ankles. 3 secs is only 2 instas with their global cooldowns. Long enough to get out of the centre of furious enemies thats just been created, not long enough to run off cackling into the distance.

People pick a class for one of several reasons - it either appeals to them playstyle-wise, or (more commonly) some aspect of the class "pwns".

The Magus has a skateboard. And someone stole the wheels.

(Sorry for going off topic a bit. Like Scorge, I'd kinda hoped there'd be a little bit of lovin' coming. I could ramble a lot more on this potentially excellent class but I'll put it more appropriately into the Destruction Careers area).

rynnor

Rockhound
no magus love yet :-(

:m00:

One fluff thought - it would be cool if they could always choose to fly to a warcamp or city since they are pre-equipped with their means of flight :)

Nate

FH is my second home
One fluff thought - it would be cool if they could always choose to fly to a warcamp or city since they are pre-equipped with their means of flight :)
Nah they're like the Hoverboards in Back to the Future 2, they can't fly!

And Roo, careface for you and your wall of text which crit me, then I died..maybe thats what you Magus's do, you get wall of text abilties. Wait for 1.1

Oh wait, I forgot..you don't have to, you have Chaotic Rift ;) Why not go with the flow like all the others and use an overpowered ability while it lasts? ;o

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
<slaps Nate with a wet kipper>

Hey look, you took just as much damage as you would have in game from a magus :D

Anyone not interested in Magus stuff, stop reading here. Get a coffee and go look at a more interesting post :)

Magus is frankly dreadful for most things. Low survivability negating its use as a utility class, sub par DPS negating its viability as a cloth DPS class. Its a fun playstyle, but really its less popular than genital warts. A shame, because I love the playstyle but you need to have a huge amount of patience to put up with the combination of bugs and design issues.

The chaotic rift ability allows you to pull 12 players on top of you who then beat the crap out of you. You die. Such ownage. Ok thats slightly facetious, but you get the picture - more commonly than not, Chaotic Rift is a suicide spell which is great for everyone around you but for the magus is a bit like lighting a blowtorch behind a sumo wrestler thats been eating cabbage for a week.

Personally I'd like to see Chaotic Rift teleport the Magus to the summoning circle where his pet is when the spell is cast so long as its in Line of Sight but before people go ape, I accept that would be too open to abuse and non-viable (Magi would be able to use it to get to geometry-defying places I'm sure). Something would be nice though, even if its a 3-second immunity bubble so the Magus can get away from that pissed-off dorfs biting his ankles. 3 secs is only 2 instas with their global cooldowns. Long enough to get out of the centre of furious enemies thats just been created, not long enough to run off cackling into the distance.

People pick a class for one of several reasons - it either appeals to them playstyle-wise, or (more commonly) some aspect of the class "pwns".

The Magus has a skateboard. And someone stole the wheels.

(Sorry for going off topic a bit. Like Scorge, I'd kinda hoped there'd be a little bit of lovin' coming. I could ramble a lot more on this potentially excellent class but I'll put it more appropriately into the Destruction Careers area).

Just a idea. Have you tried running while peeps fly to the spot?:)

No idea if they follow you after you cast as ive never played one :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Its castable, you gotta stand there to make it happen. Enemies pulled in are snared for a few secs and a good healer with a tank can help you get out alive but more often than not you're chewing a dirt-burger. It is wickedly funny though at times and creative use of the spell can (for instance) pull attackers off flag carriers even if it means the aforementioned snack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom