patch 1.1 highlights

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
from the vault:
VN Boards - Patch 1.1 - Highlights and More

Folks,

Patch 1.1 is going up on the PTS later today and after some more internal testing, we hope to open it up to the public tomorrow morning. So, as usual, here are the highlights. Please keep two things in mind before commenting on the highlights:

1) This patch was in development before 1.0.6 went LIVE so don't expect to see a lot of changes to 1.0.6 in there yet. We'll continue to hotfix whenever possible and possibly patch 1.1 with changes that have arisen because of the 1.0.6 patch. Again, let me say again that 1.1 has been on our internal servers for a quite a while because of the delay in getting 1.0.6 out the door and as such, doesn't have all the latest additions/changes we are working on.

2) As of now the complete patch notes are at 14 pages so the highlights do not even come close to representing all the fixes/changes in the game. This patch touches on more aspects of the game even than 1.0.6.

So, without further ado, here are the highlights from 1.1.

Open RvR Influence System – As part of our ongoing effort to encourage people to take part in oRvR, we are pleased to announce the release of an influence system geared solely to oRvR. Players who participate in this part of WAR will now have additional incentives for fighting for their realm. As part of this patch we have also made quite a number of changes and fixes to oRvR settings and NPCs as well. And as always, we have a lot more going in for oRvR over the next couple of months as well.

New Careers For Everyone - With this version the Empire’s Knight of the Blazing Sun, and the Dark Elf’s Blackguard are available for all players!

Easy Public Quests – PQs are great but sometimes it’s hard to get enough people together to complete them, especially in the lower tiers. So, we are redesigning one PQ per chapter so that it can be completed by 1-3 people.

Chat Hyperlinking – One of the most requested features by the community has been adding the ability to hyperlink items, abilities and quests in the chat window and now it has been added.

Armor Set Rebalance – After scrubbing through our armor sets we’ve made a lot of changes to ensure to various armor sets in the game to make them more useful and prized by the players.

Main Assist – RvR is exciting, chaotic and always challenging but this feature will make it just a little bit easier to help your group fight the good fight.

Player Statue System – Nothing says “you’ve made it” more than having a statue with your name on it in the capital city of your realm.

New Content – Whether it is new lairs, new quests, new drops in dungeons, new PQ rewards and changes to items (such as cloaks), this patch is full of lots of fun new content additions to the game.

User Interface – Lots and lots of fixes, changes and new additions to our user interface and API functionality, new additions to the chat system and graphic options incorporating community requested features such as a chat channel flashing on activity, the ability to turn the chat bubbles on/off, a gamma slider and so much more.

Lots and lots of Bug Fixes - 'Nuff said.

The full notes will of course cover all of these highlights in greater detail. happy

Mark

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ah well, full on assist trains will be back in force. I haven't missed these. Dying in 2 seconds without getting a chance to fight back is less fun than a very un-fun thing.

Fixing the armour stats will be more than welcome. I find weapon skill really quite a numb nuts stat for a Magus.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
I agree Main assist sucks bigtime, its what ruined some of the RvR joy for me in DaoC :(
Now people dont have to think them self, just click mainassist and follow the other people, foolproof. Very sucky. Other than that sounds ok. Gotta work hard to get me statue up in capital, holding BANJO the Deity of Puppertering.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The /assist thing is not something that bugs me even tho I wouldn't want to see it, but seeing that there are mods and macros that allow players to assist it's no biggie. Regarding the rest... remains to be seen.

Talking about orvr, well I really hope they do something. Scenarios are boring (they're ok for leveling, tho the same thing could have happened with daoc-like BGs as it's been mentioned many times already) and as it stands at the moment they do take out something from the end-game. Then again, I don't know how it's going to work. The lack of realm pride which is simply not promoted the way the zones are made can be a bit of an issue.

To promote orvr I'd love to see things like more quests in those areas that will make people go there. It would be also nice to see that when a zone gets locked, the realm that loses it will also lose it's warcamps, or the quests associated with these zones, anyway, something that will push people in the rvr lakes.

Too early in the morning to write more, still on my 1st coffee

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Sigh, main assist is lose.
Hopefully there will be enough people who say how shit it is on the pts, but I doubt it.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Actually, one thing I hope they do is to retroactively apply the armour changes to existing armour pieces. I got the rep piece from Bastion Stair and have diligently kept it in my pack hoping the stats get changed. Potentially a decent epic, currently less use than green items from random drops or quests.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
main assist is fail

rest looks promising, can only hope

and Roo, why would you want a decent bit of armour ? might people then be misled into thinking you are able to do something competent and useful for once ? ;)

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I still have horrible visions of Troll assist trains from DAoC.

Now it will be replaced by half-naked elf trains which is atleast some improvement :sex:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Can't see all tis fuss, there are already AddOns out there doing pretty much the same thing.
Fluff Notes ... waiting on the actually real ones.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Can't see all tis fuss, there are already AddOns out there doing pretty much the same thing.

yes but those were addons, and while they were bad enough in themself, having Mythic add it to just screams "inc /stick and /face"...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
main assist is fail

rest looks promising, can only hope

and Roo, why would you want a decent bit of armour ? might people then be misled into thinking you are able to do something competent and useful for once ? ;)

Now they've buffed Magus a bit all kinds of expectations are on me. I have to find something else gimped to re-roll on to hide my general uselessness behind.

That said I took great pleasure last night in watching Bright Wizards die by the truckload. It was a bit of a bugger though as Mythic have changed a lot of the icons for my mastery spells and I kept hitting the wrong thing. At least thats what I was telling other people. I eventually remembered to slot my tactics after dying for the umpteenth time.

Loving the 1.06 changes so far and the brief RvR I got to do last night was great fun. Nice turnout on Karak-Hirn in Dragonwake from both sides. Some nice zerg on zerg action as well as smaller skirmishes here and there.

Ayam Ganbatte

Fledgling Freddie
Assist trains are horrid, they were no fun in DAoC. An organised group can take down a less organised group without /assist anyway. Why make that process less fun for both sides by making it such a dumbed down process?

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
There are several addons that create main assists allready so it's not that big a difference...

Though I have to say I dislike assist trains as well, and with the healing in WAR being as it is, it's just plain depressing being a healer

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
All its doing is giving everyone an even playing field.

/assist wont be as bad as DAoC becasue theres no /stick, /follow is near on useless in rvr. Its the /assist RDPS classes that going to do the damage now i reckon.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sadly the game is dying a death for me at the moment and 1.1 looks like the killer blow, full on assist trains are the last thing this game needs when the DPS is so inconsistently spread across the classes. I thought 1.06 was bad enough but combine it with 1.1 assist trains and I think I will be done with the game early 2009. :(

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Really don't see what 1.1 has to do with your dislike for assist trains.

You can /assist and macro it now.

You can make it even easier by installing ISAssistTracker

There's been assist trains going on since the game came out, fought against them, and been part of them.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Improving the armour sets is a good idea...
/assist...well I hate it, but as people already said, there are tons of mods that have exactly the same effect, so it's ont like it's going to change much in RvR...except evening out the playing field between those that use mods and those that don't...

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If I had my way I'd remove any form of /assist /follow etc. They're for lazy players and on raids tend to lead to people being afk or not paying attention.

By all means have them in PVE if we really, really have to but don't let them work in RvR zones, scenarios or RvR targets.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Anyone decent can assist without a macro anyway. Surely it equals out the playing field a little?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Sadly the game is dying a death for me at the moment and 1.1 looks like the killer blow, full on assist trains are the last thing this game needs when the DPS is so inconsistently spread across the classes. I thought 1.06 was bad enough but combine it with 1.1 assist trains and I think I will be done with the game early 2009. :(

Papa Cho, what was bad in 1.06?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Papa Cho, what was bad in 1.06?

I don't really want to get drawn into a long rant bud, I will say this though. Casters have never been squishier than they are in WAR (ask Afran when he drops me in 2 hits for over 6k damage) and so when they introduce a patch that effectivly kills a casters only chance to survive (knockback off a crit) I just don't see the point in carrying on. The DPS reduction I could take just about, losing my chance to push tanks away I cannot and that is effectively what 1.06 did to Sorcs when they changed the Dark Magic mechanic.

They didn't just hurt me in RvR either, without the higher crit rates all my damage lines just tickle PvE bosses where before I hit them hard. A rebalance I can accept, I smash in the face with the nerfbat I cannot. Sorcs were hardly top RP earners to begin with, the rankings prove that but they felt compelled to nerf us inline with the Bright Wizard. Thing is, my Sorc never did the kind of DPS over time that Bright Wizards do and still doesn't after 1.06 so how is that a rebalance of ranged casters? All they did was make the Bright Wizards a little bit worse and in doing so made the Sorc a very very inconsistent DPS caster.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
why worry about assist, everyone is just zerging all the time anyway

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
dislike main assist but it's just levelling the playing field.

Give me voice binds for calling targets ala BF2142 now and we're sorted ;)

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
If I had my way I'd remove any form of /assist /follow etc. They're for lazy players and on raids tend to lead to people being afk or not paying attention.

By all means have them in PVE if we really, really have to but don't let them work in RvR zones, scenarios or RvR targets.

Was just about to post exactly this

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
You cannot opt not to have /assist. To say that it ruins the game is the same as saying ventrilo and logitech g15/g11 ruins the game too. Technology and technique evolves and games must evolve with them. Soon we will have head mounted trackers that we can replace wasd and then we use keys for even more finetuned mayhem.

/assist will make it less of a problem for a new player to feel they can contribute and that is a good thing. It will also even the odds for those with low framrates and high pings to server, which is also a good thing.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
i prefer some form of assist when in a pug against some guild group using vent are then actually able to compete.
Assist is overrated, if your group knows what targets to choose then you should all be choosing the same target anyway.
Id like to know how an assist train will work though with the current problem of friendly players being an obstacle and /follow sucking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom