[INFO] Patch V1.03

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
So us healers wont heal the tanks or other healers as they dont get the kills. We'll just heal the class that do high dps and get kills. :m00:

Hintshigen

Fledgling Freddie
That's what the healers get for exploiting.

Exploiting? Hardly. First to be targeted, first to be killed by the assist train. Healers should get what they can, you don't earn renown for your HoT's or exp while your waiting to respawn.

And from the reports from the NA players, it seems like you can devote yourself to doing your job, i.e., healing, and be punished for it through less renown than before in group. Doesn't really seem to be worth it to have to put in extra work for a thankless job and virtually no reward.

I'll just go back to playing my dps until this gets fixed.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
So us healers wont heal the tanks or other healers as they dont get the kills. We'll just heal the class that do high dps and get kills. :m00:

It's all relative, if you don't heal your group/realm mates, they wont kill much and no-one will get many RP's.

Healers worthy of the name won't be thinking about the small-gain RP's, they will be thinking about keping players up and winning the scenario.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
That's what the healers get for exploiting.

Just a bit worried that some "healers" find it obviously difficult enough to heal now (difficult, as in, can't be arsed), and then they are going to be getting less RP's for their efforts.
It dosent really bother me on a personal level.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Doesn't bother me too, but scoring best RPs by healing out of groups, bragging about it and qqing about solo players before who couldn't be reached by group spells = The Hypocrisy Nerfbat.

Seems like this game is a Scenario Race to level 40/rr 40 for now, players don't play for good random fights, but chose the best static exp/renown route.

Sad.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't bother me too, but scoring best RPs by healing out of groups, bragging about it and qqing about solo players before who couldn't be reached by group spells = The Hypocrisy Nerfbat.

Seems like this game is a Scenario Race to level 40/rr 40 for now, players don't play for good random fights, but chose the best static exp/renown route.

Sad.

Thats only true for a very small number of players thankfully. Most players don't give two hoots about rp's or levelling, they are just enjoying smashing their enemy into a bloody pulp :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Thats only true for a very small number of players thankfully. Most players don't give two hoots about rp's or levelling, they are just enjoying smashing their enemy into a bloody pulp :)

Why is everybody playing the scenarios with best exp/renown over time like MT and KA on Orrud and Eight Peaks for example?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Good patch btw, seems they're listening. Let's hope the more serious issues will be fixed fast.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
I'll still heal as normal anyway, i dont like seeing low health bars but, i'd wish they'd make our purge cure all types ie. Hex, ailments etc.

Why split it over 2 classes. I also think heals need a boost. Hots are usless on someone in combat.

Belsameth

Tainted

Sad.

Seems true sadly.
Luckily, even in TA there's fun to be had if you ignore the masses and just do your own thing :D

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
As of 1.03 you still get around 3 times as much RP healing outside of the groups, nice fix.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Why is everybody playing the scenarios with best exp/renown over time like MT and KA on Orrud and Eight Peaks for example?

Well, Mourkain Temple is a lot of fun and probably the best tier 2 scenario for players who like to just beat the nuts out of each other, which is probably most players.

Whats KA?

Also i can't comment on Orrud or Eight Peaks as i don't play those servers.

Belsameth

Tainted
Mourkains Temple is a lot off fun, yes. I really miss it.
TA is not tho (compared to the others, at least) but that's also almost exclusively played.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
As of 1.03 you still get around 3 times as much RP healing outside of the groups, nice fix.

I'm not surprised at all, a lot of mythic's patching so far has been extremely bad quality.
Cloaks on/off/white, emblems showing/not showing, ghost mounts, postern doors in fortresses, chat boxes resetting - to name a few.
All claimed to be fixed but reality has said something else.

Hopefully Mythic will focus on endgame content soon, cuz personally I think endgame is pretty broken atm. Dungeons, itemisation, RvR mechanics, zone control mechanics etc....

My god the list is endless......

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Well, Mourkain Temple is a lot of fun and probably the best tier 2 scenario for players who like to just beat the nuts out of each other, which is probably most players.

Whats KA?

Also i can't comment on Orrud or Eight Peaks as i don't play those servers.

ford_ka.gif

MinT

Fledgling Freddie

Are you sure about that - virtually all the threads on the other forums suggest there is a huge renown drop for healers both out and IN groups from this.

Aa a healer - I heal anyone who needs it - why should I get decent renown only if they have just killed someone ?

Why should healers be satisfied with low reward for "doing their job" when other classes get to do theirs and get fully rewarded for it ?

Seem like this change is a badly thought out knee-jerk over-reaction to something that was not hugely broken in the first place - last time I saw that was Funcom/AOC.......

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Are you sure about that - virtually all the threads on the other forums suggest there is a huge renown drop for healers both out and IN groups from this.

Yeah the renown has dropped for healing I didn't say it didn't but you still get 3 times more renown for healing people while not being in a group.
Tested it quite a bit today getting 800 renown for a grouped scenario that we won or 2400 for a lost one but not grouped.

Belsameth

Tainted
Hmm. Shame that. Healers in groups should get good renown.
Outside of group however.... Cap em at 2 or 3 renown :)

civy

One of Freddy's beloved

Aa a healer - I heal anyone who needs it - why should I get decent renown only if they have just killed someone ?

Why should healers be satisfied with low reward for "doing their job" when other classes get to do theirs and get fully rewarded for it ?

Seem like this change is a badly thought out knee-jerk over-reaction to something that was not hugely broken in the first place - last time I saw that was Funcom/AOC.......

If the drop is to bad then the only peeps getting healed will be guild/alliance. I'll be pew pewing in PUG's

AureliusAmbrosius

Fledgling Freddie
im not to happy with the changes to healer renown as cant seem to get any vaguely decent renown at all now even thou im doing my job and healing everyone.

couple of examples linked below, to me they just dont look right at all highest healing and highest involvement in kills or near to highest and i get the least renown in scenario.

This was grouped aswelll not running solo.

Hintshigen

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed this patch did not address the issue that everyone complained about. Instead they punish you for healing outside of whatever group you happen to be in, regardless of whether or not they're in your warband, scenario party or whatever.

Also the timer to determine when a player was last in some form of actual PvP combat is far, far, far to short. All the other class types get their full rewards for doing their job but now if you aren't in an immediate fight, I'm not wasting action points on you. Just die and come back.

Hopefully this is given another look as at this rate, every other class will be leveling their renown almost twice as fast as me.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
The (majority) of other healers all got decent renown, why was it just you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom