[INFO] Patch V1.0.4b - Patching Wednesday?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
highlights.gif

• When conquered, Keeps will always provide three gold loot bags and Fortresses will now offer six guaranteed gold loot bags as part of the chest loot.
  • Rally Masters have been added to all warcamps. Now, players can set their rally point in a warcamp in the same manner as binding in a chapter hub.
  • To promote population balance among the various scenarios, we have added a feature that reduces the number of times a specific scenario can launch in a short period of time. This will give scenarios which are launched less frequently an opportunity to catch up in the queue population and launch more often.

general.gif

• Fixed an issue that prevented grouped players from earning influence if the group's leader was in a different zone.

combatandcareers.gif

ENGINEER.jpg

• Electromagnet: This ability has undergone significant changes. The cost of the ability has been significantly reduced while the cooldown has been increased. In addition the build time has been increased, the ability can no longer be cast on the move, and the maximum number of targets affected by this ability has been decreased and it can now be defended against. Lastly this ability will grant immunity to knockback effects.

MAGUS.jpg

• Chaotic Rift: This ability has undergone significant changes. The cost of the ability has been significantly reduced and its cooldown has been increased. In addition, the build time has been increased. The ability can no longer be cast on the move, the maximum number of targets affected by this ability has been decreased, and it can now be defended against. Lastly, this ability will also grant immunity to knockback effects.

items.gif

• In addition to reducing the amount of damage received from high-level encounter NPCs, each Ward on high-level armor set pieces worn will now affect the amount of damage players are able to do to those NPCs. Players not wearing any pieces of the appropriate armor set will see their damage greatly reduced. For each piece of the appropriate armor a player wears, their damage against the boss monster will increase.

Source: Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Realm War

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Mmm weird patch eh.
Oh well, its a little bit of the stuff expected with 1.05 anyway.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Seems like they are the bits of 1.0.5 they think don't need testing. We'll see if it actually works in practise but yay for the scenario fixing.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
bah

If they nerf nordenwatch pops I won't be happy. I've got a rake of lvl 1-11 chars for nordenwatch when I'm sulking after being fetched for the umpteenth time :)

M

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Do you reckon people will still hang around Avelorn waiting for scenario pop or actually go quest some more/ Orvr, therefore interacting more?

I hope so. Interesting to see if it will have an effect.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Do you reckon people will still hang around Avelorn waiting for scenario pop or actually go quest some more/ Orvr, therefore interacting more?

I hope so. Interesting to see if it will have an effect.

I hope there won't be any whine threads where people complain that they now actually have to move from Tor Anroc.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I hope there won't be any whine threads where people complain that they now actually have to move from Tor Anroc.

If one thing is certain in the internet, than its the occurrence of whine threads in forums no matter what subject...

Afran

Part of the furniture
People will whine that they "have" to fly from warcamp to warcamp after every game for the scenario quest, especially those on shitty PC's, and they'll ask for all such quests to be available at all warcamps!

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
People will whine that they "have" to fly from warcamp to warcamp after every game for the scenario quest, especially those on shitty PC's, and they'll ask for all such quests to be available at all warcamps!

They should solve that by making the scenario quests a one off and not repeatable - the xp you get within scenarios is plenty reward anyway.

So much nice content to see it's a shame people miss it all sat in Warcamps.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
They should solve that by making the scenario quests a one off and not repeatable - the xp you get within scenarios is plenty reward anyway.

Actually I agree. It's much better just trying to do something else while waiting for a pop than sit on a war camp. On the other hand there's the xp part...

Oh well ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy

Agreed. Once I hit T4 I didn't do scenarios quite so much and went around doing more PvE content since I am going to see the T4 RvR content rather a lot anyway :)

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
To answer the question in the title: Yes we're patching to 1.0.4b early tomorrow morning.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
thank the gods
NO MORE FUCKING TOR ANROC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:iagree:
hateful place !

oh and NicGOA, can u please not patch for a few weeks at least? we dont want the "waa waa goa are so far behind" people to run out of things to whine about

:twak:

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
:iagree:
hateful place !

oh and NicGOA, can u please not patch for a few weeks at least? we dont want the "waa waa goa are so far behind" people to run out of things to whine about

:twak:

Or better yet - GOA could just step up service level to match the US one, so there is nothing to complain about because things run as they were promised to run. :twak:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Or better yet - GOA could just step up service level to match the US one, so there is nothing to complain about because things run as they were promised to run. :twak:

Or maybe people would find something to complain about anyway.
Gotta admit, whatever happens someone whines about it.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Can see why they've done this one. It's got all the things that are safe (people haven't challenged in large numbers) and that address daily annoyances (same old TA day in day out, increasing numbers of rift groups).

Nice decision to do this one.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Or maybe people would find something to complain about anyway.
Gotta admit, whatever happens someone whines about it.

No - don't have to admit that at all, cause it is just you downplaying peoples complains. It is a fallacy.
Simply because you dislike people complaining about the lack of service, doesn't mean the complains aren't legit and indicating that people just "whine to whine" is about as unproductive fanboy'ism as you can get.

There is nothing wrong with expecting a company to make good on its promises stated numerous times, and then complaining when they fail to deliver.

But let's for a moment follow your "reasoning" and then argue what would be best for the community and the game overall:

1) Some people complaining just because they want to complain, while we receive the quality of service we were promised.

2) Or people complaining about not receiving the service, while not receiving the service.

Shouldn't be outlandish to expect GOA to follow through on their promises within the time frame they have been functioning in.
I do fail to see where it became a problem with expecting the level of service instead of bending over and just accepting the status quo.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
/edit cba, made the point several times before. Xandax, it wasn't a comment about level of service.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Sweet! I was getting sick of only playing 1 scenario per tier. But yeah also I would rather open rvr than scenarios at all.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
No - don't have to admit that at all, cause it is just you downplaying peoples complains. It is a fallacy.
Simply because you dislike people complaining about the lack of service, doesn't mean the complains aren't legit and indicating that people just "whine to whine" is about as unproductive fanboy'ism as you can get.

There is nothing wrong with expecting a company to make good on its promises stated numerous times, and then complaining when they fail to deliver.

But let's for a moment follow your "reasoning" and then argue what would be best for the community and the game overall:

1) Some people complaining just because they want to complain, while we receive the quality of service we were promised.

2) Or people complaining about not receiving the service, while not receiving the service.

Shouldn't be outlandish to expect GOA to follow through on their promises within the time frame they have been functioning in.
I do fail to see where it became a problem with expecting the level of service instead of bending over and just accepting the status quo.

How about

3) People getting the most out of the game while providing constructive feedback through the right channels (e.g. in game feedback mechanism)

and

4) People losing their obsession with "BUT YOU PROMISED ME A PONY" and like some kind of demonic debt collector insisting that a games company dots the i's and crosses the t's of every single thing it ever said pre-release. What about letting the vendor look at *GASP* what would be the most beneficial way for their staff to spend their time today.

GOA provide sub-par service, that's true. Does it actually have a meaningful effect on my in game enjoyment at the moment? No. Would I like to see people at EA or Mythic addressing it? Yes. Will I see results overnight, EVEN IF I MENTION IT TWICE A DAY ON THE FORUM? No.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
How about

3) People getting the most out of the game while providing constructive feedback through the right channels (e.g. in game feedback mechanism)

and

4) People losing their obsession with "BUT YOU PROMISED ME A PONY" and like some kind of demonic debt collector insisting that a games company dots the i's and crosses the t's of every single thing it ever said pre-release. What about letting the vendor look at *GASP* what would be the most beneficial way for their staff to spend their time today.

GOA provide sub-par service, that's true. Does it actually have a meaningful effect on my in game enjoyment at the moment? No. Would I like to see people at EA or Mythic addressing it? Yes. Will I see results overnight, EVEN IF I MENTION IT TWICE A DAY ON THE FORUM? No.

Might not having meaningful effect on your enjoyment - but could on others. And well - the forum is about the only proper channel we have for feedback about GOA's "service level".
The in-game channels are regarding, well - the game.

And frankly - the only success we've had with getting changes/acknowledgments out of GOA was because people started mentioned it "TWICE A DAY ON THE FORUM" (see, I can use caps to).

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie

In addition to reducing the amount of damage received from high-level encounter NPCs, each Ward on high-level armor set pieces worn will now affect the amount of damage players are able to do to those NPCs. Players not wearing any pieces of the appropriate armor set will see their damage greatly reduced. For each piece of the appropriate armor a player wears, their damage against the boss monster will increase.

Can someone explain to me why people are crying about this?

Post 1.0.4b it's
0 ward = 0% damage
1 ward = 20%
2 wards = 40%
3 wards = 60%
4 wards = 80%
5 wards = 100%

So basically if you have 0 lesser wards and go to post-BS dungeons, you do like 1 damage. Ok I understand that's huge dmg decrease compared to how it was before but now people treat this as the new ToA.

1) Why do people forget that you can get Annihilator from RvR?
2) Why such big whine about gear that currently has crap stats for RvR? Do people really treat this as another PvE game?

Ok I have to admit that I have never been to non-BS (or even BS) dungeons myself so in that way I don't feel the pain as someone else might.
I have however 3 pieces of Annihilator from minimal RvR so based on that chart, I do 60% of my normal damage which sounds fine enough to me.

Any thoughts?

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Ok I agree that the below is an oversight with the pet classes and they should fix it:

Quote from WHA:
I have 2 annihilator and 1 bloodlord so i have 3 set pieces so i do 60% dam. My pet has 0 set pieces cause i cant armor my lion so its just 1 DPs for him. Im guardian so my pet does 40% and i do like 60% of the dam. so i loose 40% cause the lion has no wards and does 1dps and my 60% that i do is being nerfed to 60% cause i have only 3 wards. So im only at about 35% off my regular Dam.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Can someone explain to me why people are crying about this?

Post 1.0.4b it's
0 ward = 0% damage
1 ward = 20%
2 wards = 40%
3 wards = 60%
4 wards = 80%
5 wards = 100%

So basically if you have 0 lesser wards and go to post-BS dungeons, you do like 1 damage. Ok I understand that's huge dmg decrease compared to how it was before but now people treat this as the new ToA.

1) Why do people forget that you can get Annihilator from RvR?
2) Why such big whine about gear that currently has crap stats for RvR? Do people really treat this as another PvE game?

Ok I have to admit that I have never been to non-BS (or even BS) dungeons myself so in that way I don't feel the pain as someone else might.
I have however 3 pieces of Annihilator from minimal RvR so based on that chart, I do 60% of my normal damage which sounds fine enough to me.

Any thoughts?

You really have no idea about the requirements for fortress/city siege do you?

Annihilator/BS is only the stepping stone to get you into Warpblade/crypts.
For fortress sieges and lost vale, you need the wards that they provide, cause now you can't not only not tank them, but also not damage them.
For the city instances you need the lost vale wards.
For the King fight you need the wards that the city PQ's give.

Then factor in the extreme stupidity of the loot drop system, the lock outs and you have a grind on your hands that puts all of ToA to shame.

Danita

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
You really have no idea about the requirements for fortress/city siege do you?

Annihilator/BS is only the stepping stone to get you into Warpblade/crypts.
For fortress sieges and lost vale, you need the wards that they provide, cause now you can't not only not tank them, but also not damage them.
For the city instances you need the lost vale wards.
For the King fight you need the wards that the city PQ's give.

Then factor in the extreme stupidity of the loot drop system, the lock outs and you have a grind on your hands that puts all of ToA to shame.

Danita

I'm well aware of the "different wards for different encounter" system. I just used Annihilator as an example because people cry about grinding BS.

Regarding the Lost Vale set:

Superior Ward
Darkpromise Armor Set
Found in: Lost Vale
Requirements: Rank 40

Invader Armor Set
Found in: Invasion PQs
Requirements: Rank 40 and Renown Ranks 55-60

Both sets can be used in any combination to offer the Superior Ward, which is required for Sub-Boss PQs. The Darkpromise and Invader sets also provide the effects of the Lesser Ward and Greater Ward. There are six pieces of armor in each set.

As I haven't participated in these Invasion PQs, are the items harder to get from these than they are from Lost Vale?

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
I would say so, as Invasion PQ's only happen when a City is being invaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom