Patch 1.1.2

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be damned... looking really good... Seems like they catched a big amount of bugs in this one.. Can't wait til it's implemented :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Wow they actually nerfed Run Away for the SH, one of the funnest abilities I've used in a game ever.
That fecking sucks.

All new nice changes though I guess, cba reading em all.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy

You know you will. There'll be a quiet moment some time in the day and you'll just start idly nosing through then suddenly you'll be at the end of the notes :D

This isn't what happened to me. Nuh uh.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
<Roo Says Something in a language you dont understand>
Stupid Kobbie...
But yes i ended up reading it all as well
Here are some highlights for me.

* When instructed to attack a target on the other side of a closed door, pets will no longer run through the door.

* We have added two additional mount variants for each race. These have been added to the Stable masters in the capital cities.

The World Tab:
This is the new Looking for Group / Looking for More system. This tab allows parties and warbands to specifically set the activities they are interested in doing. Players or parties can use those same interests to search for other players or parties interested in doing the same things. Interests are selectable and sortable by Tiers, Zones, PQs, Dungeons, Scenarios, and PvE. Players can be as specific or general as they like when selecting their interests. Want to do anything in Tier 4? Then just select Tier 4. Want to do any one of four specific dungeons? Then select those dungeons, and let the party finding commence! /lfg and /lfm will also bring up this tab.

Other than that lots of great fixes, will be great to the game :)

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Excellent stuff! Wonder what those new mounts will be, especially for dwarfs.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
runepriest "Fixes" are utter wank, and TE with 1 sec cast on the move? i'm lost for words
Still WE nerfs :) but i still cant see the casting bug fix which tbh is more important than some tool tip changes

Gahn

Resident Freddy
TE and Fetch in their current form won't make it outta PTS i hope...

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
On a hardly relevant note: I'm pretty sure Mythic calling it 1.1.2 is a typo as in all the internal documents they're calling it 1.2.

Confusion inc!

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Excellent stuff! Wonder what those new mounts will be, especially for dwarfs.

Palanquins carried by whipped and beaten High Elves which they goad into greater feats of speed through the application of pokers, tongs and brands bearing the Rune of Shame, plucked straight from the onboard forge.

Hopefully.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Palanquins carried by whipped and beaten High Elves which they goad into greater feats of speed through the application of pokers, tongs and brands bearing the Rune of Shame, plucked straight from the onboard forge.

Hopefully.

Nah. The new mount is just another dwarf called "The Beast With Two Backs" ;)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Having a quick look I couldn't find where they fixed the end game, making it so the end game in this supposed RvR game isn't PvE. These dungeon fixes, new classes are all nice, but if you want to play a PvE game WoW does it so much better. I think most people wanted to play WAR for RvR.....:m00:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Having a quick look I couldn't find where they fixed the end game, making it so the end game in this supposed RvR game isn't PvE. These dungeon fixes, new classes are all nice, but if you want to play a PvE game WoW does it so much better. I think most people wanted to play WAR for RvR.....:m00:

Checkout the new Domination System, there lies the RvR.

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Overall I like these changes. Think that the reduction i CC will help my AM more then the actual boost of the AM abilities.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH

I saw that, it really is a small band-aid fix to try and eradicate the cycle of BO/keep circling.

The main questions are:

Is the end game still PvE PQ in cities?
Is character progression still based on PvE gear? ala WoW
Are the renown abilities still very poor and almost add nothing to character progression?

If yes is the answer to any of the above then these "nice" changes really don't change the fact that the end game is still very very poor, and the main reason why so many people have left.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I saw that, it really is a small band-aid fix to try and eradicate the cycle of BO/keep circling.

The main questions are:

Is the end game still PvE PQ in cities?
Is character progression still based on PvE gear? ala WoW
Are the renown abilities still very poor and almost add nothing to character progression?

If yes is the answer to any of the above then these "nice" changes really don't change the fact that the end game is still very very poor, and the main reason why so many people have left.

Tbh after seeing what's IC i can quite declare that my main end game is RvR full stop.
In Daoc i wasn't that excited for Relic Raids either and they were mainly PvEing guards also.
All that it get introduced to promote small scale warfare and, generally speaking, to incentivate ppl to actually fight over objectives is good and the new Zone Domination system seem a right step in that direction to me.
As for the Ras not adding much to the table, it isn't necessarily a bad thing for me.
PvE Gear and RvR Gear are getting normalized (go see inf rewards and Conqueror sets), in 1.3 they gonna rework contribution system, all in all to get Annihilator set you haven't to get mad and it comes naturally, i really don't see THAT much of a diff between that and the Conqueror one.
Then again in Daoc you had to PvE also to get best gear, so it's an evolutionary step.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Read it, think DAoC's shitty AC raiding, read it again, consider players propensity to rve and realise it will probably promote more rve than pvp. With no VP's, you don't need to kill a single enemy player to access the forts, you don't need to do scenarios either.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Is the Domination system completely replacing the current system or is it sitting alongside it?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Is the Domination system completely replacing the current system or is it sitting alongside it?

Alongside and i don't agree with Tallen also, it is in fact a good opportunity for Fgs.
In fact it does only prevent ppl to not showing up defending and in scenarios to avoid the zone lock, couple that with the timers and you got the whole idea.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Alongside and i don't agree with Tallen also, it is in fact a good opportunity for Fgs.
In fact it does only prevent ppl to not showing up defending and in scenarios to avoid the zone lock, couple that with the timers and you got the whole idea.

Maybe im missing something, but the notes seem pretty clear.

Right now capping a zone requires pvp, you cannot cap a zone by just taking all the BO's and keeps, you have to engage the enemy in some way or form to achieve it (or mindlessly grind PQ's..not even certain that works anymore tbh). Domination will make it possible without killing a single enemy or doing any pve. All it needs is an organised guild/alliance to arrange mass rvr wb's during off-peak hours, exactly the same as what happened in DAoC.

6 control points = cap, it's that simple. If one side has enough players it's possible to open-up the enemy fort without killing a single enemy on the way (or certainly avoiding resonable resistence). It just takes time, thats all.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
...and if someone takes a keep back during it you are set back 2 hours + the time it takes to retake the keep again.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Maybe im missing something, but the notes seem pretty clear.

Right now capping a zone requires pvp, you cannot cap a zone by just taking all the BO's and keeps, you have to engage the enemy in some way or form to achieve it (or mindlessly grind PQ's..not even certain that works anymore tbh). Domination will make it possible without killing a single enemy or doing any pve. All it needs is an organised guild/alliance to arrange mass rvr wb's during off-peak hours, exactly the same as what happened in DAoC.

6 control points = cap, it's that simple. If one side has enough players it's possible to open-up the enemy fort without killing a single enemy on the way (or certainly avoiding resonable resistence). It just takes time, thats all.

6 control points within a certain time that you hold em all, 30 mins for BOs, 2 hours for Keeps, that's where the key is.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Wow they actually nerfed Run Away for the SH, one of the funnest abilities I've used in a game ever.
That fecking sucks.

Problem with Run Away! is you can knock yourself off of any height and therefore survive falls that are meant to kill.

Which is fun, but imbalanced ;) I should probaly respec to quick shooting just to play with that before it gets nerfed.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Problem with Run Away! is you can knock yourself off of any height and therefore survive falls that are meant to kill.

Which is fun, but imbalanced ;) I should probaly respec to quick shooting just to play with that before it gets nerfed.

quick shooting is where ALL the fun is. splinterin' arrers is so much fun in keep defense/assaults.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
uncle_chop_chop_34681764.jpg

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Patch 1.2 ATM just feels like a band-aid for two of the classes i play (SM/AM) instead of addressing the root problems. It also does nothing to change the fact it's a pve endgame to a supposedly pvp game. If i buy a Sports car i want something that goes fast and corners well, not an old banger that can barely do 30mph. Sell something as something it's really not and you're fucked - applies in all walks of life Mr Jacobs!

I mean come on - over 40% of votes on the WHA "Most underperforming class" poll from both order and destruction went to the AM. If that doesn't scream "fucking fix me" i dont know what does.

SM came a close second - they seem to have buffed SM damage when tbh that wasn't what it needed. Fixing of the 2/3 bugged/useless spec trees would have been a good start, buffing the rather buggy balance mechanic and giving us abilities closer to our mirror would have been even better!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
SM came a close second - they seem to have buffed SM damage when tbh that wasn't what it needed. Fixing of the 2/3 bugged/useless spec trees would have been a good start, buffing the rather buggy balance mechanic and giving us abilities closer to our mirror would have been even better!

One of our guild members said the exact same thing about his SM. Scary how similar everyones comments are. How long does it take for Mythic to actually see this as a valid issue

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Have they fixed the pet pathing yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom