[INFO] Patch V1.03

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
patchv1031.gif

highlights.jpg

• We're pleased to announce the addition of a new regional chat system. This item has been one of our most requested features, and you can find the details below.
  • We have made additional improvements to the functionality of the /ignore command. This command should now work more consistently.
  • A “new mail” icon has been added to the edge of the minimap to alert players when new mail messages have arrived.
  • We have made some additional improvements to the handling of NPC speech and action text in an effort to reduce the amount of chat players see from NPCs.
  • In order to provide a more challenging and rewarding experience, we have adjusted the overall speed at which players can gain control of zones and move the campaign.
  • Pet behavior has been improved and should act more naturally when changing between passive and defensive modes while the pet is fighting multiple enemies.
  • The war against the gold sellers continues! We have introduced a new "report gold seller" command that works as follows: when you type /rg, the game will automatically fill out a gold seller appeal using the name of the last player who sent you a tell. If you get an unwanted /tell from a pesky gold seller, type /rg to start an appeal and get them busted!
  • We have added a new option to the user settings that will allow players to enable or disable shader caching. This is a graphical performance option, and for a full explanation, players can hover their mouse over this option in the user settings window. This should help improve performance on many systems.

Regional Chat System:

• Chapter-based chat channels have been replaced with a farther reaching chat system, referred to as Region Chat. A region is defined as the contiguous zones that make up a tier-based racial pairing area. For example, Blighted Isle and Chrace make up one region. Region Chat consists of two channels, Region and Region-RvR.
  • Region encompasses the entire region area.
  • Region-RvR encompasses the RvR-focused areas, such as the Plain of Bone.
  • How to use the Regional Chat System:
  • To type in the Region channel, use /1 [message]
  • To type in the Region-RvR channel, use /2 [message]
  • Note: You must be in the RvR-focused region to use the Region-RvR channel. Players on Open RvR servers will have access to Channel 2 at all times.
  • To disable these channels right click on the proper chat tab, go to "Tab Options" then "Filters." Scroll down to Region and Region-RvR and uncheck the channels you no longer wish to view.
  • If you have disabled either channel and wish to re-enable them simply return to the "Filters" menu and re-select the appropriate channels.

general.jpg

• In order to ensure that the Apothecary skill remains a valuable crafting profession potions will no longer drop as frequently.
  • Seeds for Cultivation will no longer drop as frequently throughout the world.
  • Monsters should no longer disappear and then reappear when attacked at range by players.
  • In some rare cases, the game would leave "ghost images" of NPCs who had moved away or de-spawned. As a result, players would see NPCs that were not actually there. We have taken steps to correct this issue, and players should see far fewer of these phantom NPCs.
  • We fixed an issue that would sometimes cause monsters to break off in mid-combat and attempt to walk away.
  • We have made some additional improvements to the pathing and behavior of monsters. These fixes should reduce pathing issues sometimes seen when pulling monsters at range.
  • Nurglings will no longer continue to make aggressive sounds after they have been killed.
  • Fixed a crash-issue that sometimes occurred when entering city dungeons.
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when searching the Auction House.

content.gif

• We have made some adjustments to the Hydra boss in the Sacellum dungeon to bring this encounter more in line with the original design and difficulty.

rvr.gif

• Reduced the interaction time required to deploy a guild standard
  • Reduced the interaction time required for players to pick up standards that they own. Please Note: This does not include the capturing of enemy standards.
  • Capturing an enemy standard will now reward the capturing player and his nearby allies with renown.
  • Players can no longer be queued for a scenario while they already have an invite pending to a different scenario.
  • Attempting to join a scenario that has already ended will no longer send players to the character select screen.
  • Renown gained from healing players was granting more renown than intended over long periods of time. Players who heal other players will still earn renown for aiding their friends in combat, but large heals or repeated heal-over-time spells will result in lesser renown gains than before.
  • While going over the data collected for renown gained by healing, we discovered a few incorrect values that led to players earning far more renown than designed. To ensure equal renown gains for players regardless of their chosen career and whether they group or not inside scenarios, we have made several adjustments to the way renown is granted from healing other players:
  • Earning renown from healing players was erroneously granting renown while outside of RvR. This has been adjusted so getting renown for healing players outside of RvR or from a player that is not RvR flagged will occur less frequently.
  • Healing players will grant renown correctly if the healed player has earned renown from killing other players recently.

Poag

m00?
Regional Chat is good, hopefully this will mean more people forming groups now :)

In order to ensure that the Apothecary skill remains a valuable crafting profession potions will no longer drop as frequently.

Eep!

Seeds for Cultivation will no longer drop as frequently throughout the world.

Yay!

Renown gained from healing players was granting more renown than intended over long periods of time. Players who heal other players will still earn renown for aiding their friends in combat, but large heals or repeated heal-over-time spells will result in lesser renown gains than before.

hmmm, i dont like the sound of that.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie

YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYA So happy now reduce number of watercans from Scavenging also.

Also the reduced renown for healers i dont like, i get little enough as it is :(

Firedog

Fledgling Freddie

YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYA So happy now reduce number of watercans from Scavenging also.

Also the reduced renown for healers i dont like, i get little enough as it is :(

Ye i dont like the idea aswell..

Nerf healers in RVR.. bah.. i dont get the thing with HoT and Big heals.. why do u get less for Hots and Big heals?? As Hots dosnt stack, so whats the problem??

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
In order to ensure that the Apothecary skill remains a valuable crafting profession potions will no longer drop as frequently.
Guess that's good news for my crafter. Now if everyone can start scavenging and butchering and give stuff to me, i can make potions for others. :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Hmm not sure I like that less rp's for healers.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Not a bad patch, but I was expecting a bit more to arrive.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I like the fact that healers will benefit from throwing a heal at a realm mate who has come back out from the middle of the fight after killing someone.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Heal changes : to be checked how it will swing healing habits.
Regional Chat : was much needed.
Crafting Skills : i sincerly don't know if i'd focus on em at the actual state of the game.

Where the heck are the much needed hotfix to all the bugs plaguing T4/Keep Takes atm?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Hmm not too happy about the healer RP changes either, may lead to healers just keeping their own group up rather than trying to heal the whole scenario for RPz ;D

Kinda suprised they changed RPs out of group for healers, but did not touch on XP out of group for DPS classes.

Overall though a good patch I guess, it's all progress in the overall game design.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Heal changes : to be checked how it will swing healing habits.
Regional Chat : was much needed.
Crafting Skills : i sincerly don't know if i'd focus on em at the actual state of the game.

Where the heck are the much needed hotfix to all the bugs plaguing T4/Keep Takes atm?

I think the healing changes will be less than people think. They are reducing the renown gained from healing the same person over and over again.

Crafting changes are important. While the game is RvR focused that doesn't mean alot of people don't enjoy the PvE aspects of the game.

The bugs to T4 should be fixed with hotfixes if they are minor and if they are major like things going through walls then I expect it will take Mythic more than a week or two to write proper code to prevent this.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I think the healing changes will be less than people think. They are reducing the renown gained from healing the same person over and over again.

Crafting changes are important. While the game is RvR focused that doesn't mean alot of people don't enjoy the PvE aspects of the game.

The bugs to T4 should be fixed with hotfixes if they are minor and if they are major like things going through walls then I expect it will take Mythic more than a week or two to write proper code to prevent this.

It sounds like they are making healing in group give just as much renown as healing out of group. Personally I think this gave reason for healers to heal the entire scenario rather than just their own group/friends

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
The healing change wont affect anything, it just means you have to heal multiple people instead of chain healing 1 person, and let's be honest if your farming RPs you are already doing that.
Personally I'd rather see the total RPs and exp to be divided at the end of the scenario based on a participation percentage, this would kill AFK'ers as they gain 0% participation and thus 0% exp/RPs and would sort people out that join a solo group (or leave groups all together) as while they still would be able to do so but they wont gain the group benefits would mean they would preform less than a grouped person and get (a bit) less exp/RPs in total.

Makes people work as a team and if your team is really bad and is losing the scenario a good player would still be able to get quite alot of RPs/exp due to his participation that would be alot higher than the other people on his team.
Would make people work for their gains and we might actually see alot more close games comming up.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
If you already stay in a group as a healer rather than going solo the changes wont affect very much the renown you receive; they are primarily aimed at healers who went solo and so were able to in tier 4 to often get 6k-8k or above renown when everyone else was getting much less.

This isnt to say you wont see any change at all if you group; it will be reduced (but then also for the groupas a whole) but not by anything like as much as compared to the soloers who are going to receive far far less than before

It needed to be done as you were getting many healers close to rr 50!! due to soloing when non-healing classes are no where near this

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
It sounds like they are making healing in group give just as much renown as healing out of group. Personally I think this gave reason for healers to heal the entire scenario rather than just their own group/friends

Admittedly I'm on a RP server, but healing anyone on 'our' side who looks damaged is precisely what I already do - in scenarios, I'll tend to heal party members more since there are big shiny indicators on my screen when they are hurt, but I hugely prefer soloing, so I'll stick to not being in a group or warband most of the time, and heal anyone who looks hurt.

Better solution to the seed drop rate would have been a switch on looting so you could choose not to take crafting materials when you auto-loot, I can see it being a lot harder for non-guilded folks to get the seeds needed to level up cultivating after this patch.

I'm much more disappointed there's no mention at all of the problems of building walls not working in any rational way, or the loss of LOS or 'out of range' errors that plague me every time there's the tiniest difference in elevation levels between me and the opponent, but those are such fundamental coding problems I'm not holding my breath for a quick fix.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
I bet maguses like to think thats "ability" too.

It is and i use it as much as I can because turrets and white lions are able to fire/attack through doors etc ... so its there and I'm not going to stop using my spells just because somone happens to be too close, which may or may not have them being pulled through a keep door or a wall!

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
It is and i use it as much as I can because turrets and white lions are able to fire/attack through doors etc ... so its there and I'm not going to stop using my spells just because somone happens to be too close, which may or may not have them being pulled through a keep door or a wall!

Because white lion/turrent on you means 100% sure death :m00:

No wonder Destro is so keen of bug abusing if you have reasons like that.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
so will we get this patch till Christmas? :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Thats a fucking broad statement to make....

It's hard to avoid since Destruction seems to be going altdorf all the time even thought they know we can't even defend it since if we win it still does not close the city.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
wish rp would go up on the amount of dmg you do, i can do a shitload of dmg with my aoe attacks being a maurder, always running into enemy casters causing havoc with the aoe interupt from range, the aoe knockodown, and the aoe attack, but eventually getting killed. im often near the top of the total dmg in a scenario but i get fuck all renown if destruction has lost "most often hehe"

Succi

Fledgling Freddie

Yeah, until a CSR tells you to stop (which has been happening to those involved)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom