[INFO] Patch V1.03

AureliusAmbrosius

Fledgling Freddie
The (majority) of other healers all got decent renown, why was it just you?

No idea pikeh wish i could work that out aswell tbh, maybe its they have direct heals and not having to work via hots/group heals .Or might be they are only healing inside there group where as i heal every char i can if needed .
Tbh thats all just guessing thou , i really dont have a clue :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
im not to happy with the changes to healer renown as cant seem to get any vaguely decent renown at all now even thou im doing my job and healing everyone.

couple of examples linked below, to me they just dont look right at all highest healing and highest involvement in kills or near to highest and i get the least renown in scenario.

This was grouped aswelll not running solo.

Thats pretty horrific tbh :(

pikeh

Resident Freddy
No idea pikeh wish i could work that out aswell tbh, maybe its they have direct heals and not having to work via hots/group heals .Or might be they are only healing inside there group where as i heal every char i can if needed .
Tbh thats all just guessing thou , i really dont have a clue :)

Aye its frustrating. Was in a few scenarios earlier, BW's getting 1.1k for around 50+ dmg done, I'm stuck there getting 150 rps for 60+k healing. Needs urgent balancing imo.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to stop healing cos I dont get "TEH ARPEES", but would be only fair to be duly rewarded.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Also, another patch tonight?
logged off a few hours ago, logging back on now and just dl'ed 6mb of files.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
Renown gained from healing players was granting more renown than intended over long periods of time. Players who heal other players will still earn renown for aiding their friends in combat, but large heals or repeated heal-over-time spells will result in lesser renown gains than before.
While going over the data collected for renown gained by healing, we discovered a few incorrect values that led to players earning far more renown than designed. To ensure equal renown gains for players regardless of their chosen career and whether they group or not inside scenarios, we have made several adjustments to the way renown is granted from healing other players:
Earning renown from healing players was erroneously granting renown while outside of RvR. This has been adjusted so getting renown for healing players outside of RvR or from a player that is not RvR flagged will occur less frequently.
Healing players will grant renown correctly if the healed player has earned renown from killing other players recently.

well all i have heard tonight is how few healers people are seeing inside scenarios, how our guilds healers are getting less than a quarter of the renown they were getting, and a hell of a lot less than all the other classess in the scenario.

seems it went a bit kaka

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I don't mind getting less than before, it was kinda silly sometimes, but getting less than the majority of the scenario else when I do 200k+ healing is a little unfair. :(

DPS spec inc i think for a while :D

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Personally - not playing a healer (yet) in this game, I think this was one "bug" which did not need to be fixed.
Healers should IMO be very rewarded for healing, and not just be on par - or worse, below - DPS classes in "contribution".
Healers are needed, and the players must be rewarded when they actually do heal .... IMO.

I hope more fixes come to this, so healing will be worthwhile again, and not just damage. It is boring to play RvR/scenarios without healers.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Personally - not playing a healer (yet) in this game, I think this was one "bug" which did not need to be fixed.
Healers should IMO be very rewarded for healing, and not just be on par - or worse, below - DPS classes in "contribution".
Healers are needed, and the players must be rewarded when they actually do heal .... IMO.

I hope more fixes come to this, so healing will be worthwhile again, and not just damage. It is boring to play RvR/scenarios without healers.

The out-of-group thing was an exploit, plain and simple and needed fixing.

It promoted healers not to heal in combat but sit and wait for the surviving players to walk out and then heal those for maximum RP's, it also led to exploiting healers not healing other healers to help eliminate the competition :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They might better explain how it works in details, cause yday night i saw horrific things going on, from Healers dropping from group and forming theirs (Hello i can't guard you if you are outta group, the group buffs don't work hence we are weaker and we gonna lose), from Healers going solo and dps (Hello roll a Bw).
I can't understand all this selfiness, i play def tank hence i, honestly, get less reknown than all (typically) but i play the game for fun and to try and win scenarios not for Rps grinding.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
The out-of-group thing was an exploit, plain and simple and needed fixing.

It promoted healers not to heal in combat but sit and wait for the surviving players to walk out and then heal those for maximum RP's, it also led to exploiting healers not healing other healers to help eliminate the competition :(

Wow you must be on a crappy and not very friendly server ;)

On Burloc that have never been the issue, here we work together to beat up Order, that is main priority :clap:

Belsameth

Tainted
Thank god I have my own pet healer. Sounds horrific otherwise.
(and I don't care if I loose. As long as I get a good scrap :D)

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I didn't notice anything change yesterday in SP other than the fact that I lived longer when GReaper was in the same group ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
im not to happy with the changes to healer renown as cant seem to get any vaguely decent renown at all now even thou im doing my job and healing everyone.

couple of examples linked below, to me they just dont look right at all highest healing and highest involvement in kills or near to highest and i get the least renown in scenario.

This was grouped aswelll not running solo.

bear in mind your healing RP are shared with your group. This is why running solo was getting so much RP. Seems a bit broken though if the RP gain from the damage your groupmates do isn't then shared back with you...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Aurelius - were you grouped in that scenario?

Looking at the stats - Jettesnell did pretty good for RP though not nearly as good as the level 40 damage dealers (normally you see the level 40s at the bottom of the pack for RP)

Were they solo? or were they grouped?

Something not right with how that's working out - if it was set up to share with the group properly I'd have expected whoever was grouped with that witch elf (Pakssenarion) to also get high renown, especially if they'd been healing them...

Smerf healed less than you, did less damage than you and got way more renown - I'm assuming he was grouped with the level 40 damage dealers?

The way the renown's being given out there doesn't seem right.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Because white lion/turrent on you means 100% sure death :m00:

No wonder Destro is so keen of bug abusing if you have reasons like that.

Oi don't generalise..i do not and have not exploited or bug abused.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Remember your renown rank also affects Renown gain, the higher Renown the lower you get. Or so i heard somewhere :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH

Getting the same thing;
Outside of a group healing
Healing in a group

Of course it has something to do with renown rank and probably also your level.
Healing is already quite a thankless job and as a healer you get abuse quite a lot of times (atleast on KEP) even if you heal like a maniac on crack, that's also why I am glad they fixed the /ignore command as my list is slowly growing to 50 people already.

Problem is if they don't fix this I see no reason to play in a group as a healer with completely random people who take the piss out of you even if you do your job right for as little reward you get at the end.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Your rank have a high impact on renown gained, and lower (trivial or effortless) players will yield only very little renown pr. kill. Therefor a lower level healer(or any other player for that matter) will have an advantage in scenarios and where ever, since he will gain maximum renown pr. kill, and a higher level player will risk a heavy reduction from the same kills.

AureliusAmbrosius

Fledgling Freddie
Aurelius - were you grouped in that scenario?

Looking at the stats - Jettesnell did pretty good for RP though not nearly as good as the level 40 damage dealers (normally you see the level 40s at the bottom of the pack for RP)

Were they solo? or were they grouped?

Something not right with how that's working out - if it was set up to share with the group properly I'd have expected whoever was grouped with that witch elf (Pakssenarion) to also get high renown, especially if they'd been healing them...

Smerf healed less than you, did less damage than you and got way more renown - I'm assuming he was grouped with the level 40 damage dealers?

The way the renown's being given out there doesn't seem right.

yeh i was grouped fing, and the part i couldn work out i was grouped with the WE and and the sorc and squiq who all got decent renown .

These are not only a one off either got loads of screenshots similiar.

Had it before being grouped with 3 sorcs /magus +maurader so cant get much higher dps group and still ended up with a 1/5 of there renown.

Dont know why really i can only think that using group heal is just pretty much worthless , pity its the only decent direct heal for a dok .

Did a couple of test runs yesterday and if i want to gain renown im better of soloing an doing a 1/4 of that healing by just throwing a few hots on people and doing some dps .

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin;3444448 The way the renown's being given out there doesn't seem right.[/QUOTE said:
Maybe he's much higher renown rank than rest and that scenario was also full of low renown rank guys since you get lower renown for killing guys much below yours.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Wow you must be on a crappy and not very friendly server ;)

On Burloc that have never been the issue, here we work together to beat up Order, that is main priority :clap:

It's only a few players who do it and i'd be amazed if your server doesn't have players who exploit as well. Perhaps you just don't realise they are doing it :)

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
It's only a few players who do it and i'd be amazed if your server doesn't have players who exploit as well. Perhaps you just don't realise they are doing it :)

Its true im an optimist i always expect people to play fair and be nice to each other....stupid character flaws i know :p

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Just for the record, they did not fix healing out of group.

You still get more renown for healing out of group than in a group.

You now just get less renown either way, so there is probably a stronger reason for healers to disband now, if they stay in group they get less RP than the rest of the scenario. They fixed the wrong problem, if they had an issue with healing out of group they should also be looking at XP out of group probably as a higher priority.

I can still pull in 2k+ renown solo, rather than they 8k that was possible before which is fair enough, but only just breaking 500 in a group when the DPS classes are getting far more is unfair. I didn't used to disband much before, but will do now if I keep a healing spec.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Might just be a coincidence but since the last patch my FPS in rvr has taken a huge hit, going to download a new client and reinstall as I was on the open beta client install. I have a feeling it won't help much though.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I think the rp thing is just that dps gets you RP, nothing else. Unless you group with some high DPS classes even if you're healing your heart out you'll not get nearly the same reward.

Hopefully they'll tune that.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Just for the record, they did not fix healing out of group.

You still get more renown for healing out of group than in a group.

You now just get less renown either way, so there is probably a stronger reason for healers to disband now, if they stay in group they get less RP than the rest of the scenario. They fixed the wrong problem, if they had an issue with healing out of group they should also be looking at XP out of group probably as a higher priority.

I can still pull in 2k+ renown solo, rather than they 8k that was possible before which is fair enough, but only just breaking 500 in a group when the DPS classes are getting far more is unfair. I didn't used to disband much before, but will do now if I keep a healing spec.

Healers are so scarce on Order on my server now that i doubt anyone would mind them exploiting the solo thing :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
I'm getting 900-1.3k renown a game if I'm grouped as DPS and around 16-18k xp. However if I solo I easily get 2k+ renown and have even gone over 3k some games, whilst getting at a minimum 22k xp with average 25k. Do I solo? hell yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom