Paris shootings

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Over on reddito..which is surprisingly quiet, a Christian posted that they are taught to love Jesus more than themselves, which is scary shit and the very basis of a cult...if Christianity was just around 50,000 people we would round them up and shoot them.

Gwadien

Frankie Boyle on the mark... again.
10924774_10153062443184309_1275217608118254085_n.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Scouse I'm not interested in your view on any topic containing religion so not getting into it with you its a waste of energy.
Cogent argument posted in a video that directly rebuffs what you said about religion not being a factor, in a calm and respectful way = you put your hands to your ears and go "la la la".

Someone else's argument at that. But furry muff...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Religion is the excuse, not the cause.
I agree. And I've said that many times in this thread. Even attempted to provide details of some evidence to support it - that was blocked by a paywall.

But religion is the lubricating mobilising factor nonetheless.

In this specific case - take away the Islamic dictact that you can't depict big bad mo in cartoon format then why would they choose to shoot comic writers?

Religion doesn't have clean hands. Not at all. And as Hitchins makes perfectly clear in the video I posted - not all the bad shit currently going on associated with religion is down to "extremists" (or muslims).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
As George Carlin said..'500 people were killed today in Pakistan...fuck Pakistan, I want it nearby so I can go see the bodies'

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That Hitchens video Scouse posted is right on the money; the problem is, its all very well saying "they're extremists, they don't represent the majority view" (although 20% of 1.3 billion do share those views, which is the same as the entire population of Britain, France and Germany combined...), but if those extremists win, and set the agenda for how we engage with Islam (which is what's happening), then the views of the majority become irrelevant.

What do you think is going to happen in the media after the Paris shootings? A proud show of defiance and determination to protect free speech? Yeah, right. There will be lots of bluster and talk, and in the background editors will do exactly what the extremists want. You'll never see anti-clerical satire in mainstream media. And it will be justified as a duty of care to staff, blah, blah. Its already happened, and that's that. Terrorists Win.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
PC here. You press "post reply" and it hangs for a bit and nothing changes. Seems OK today mind so may have just been last night.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The problem is at least as much cultural as religious. Many Muslim countries have societies which simply do not do pluralism. It just isn't seen as the norm. Whereas Western Europe and consequentially the USA and Canada benefitted from the Enlightenment which set pluralism (including religious pluralism, namely secularism) as a core value of society and largely ended the religious oppression which had blighted Europe for centuries, the Enlightenment in the Eastern countries had happened much earlier but much had faded away due to dictatorships and theocratic movements. The Muslim world had had its own version of pluralism for centuries, albeit never with full equality but functional enough nonetheless.

Nowadays though very few Muslim countries have functioning pluralism although that isn't necessarily the fault of the religion itself. Look to the house of Saud and, on the other side, the Iranian revolution, and dictators in North Africa for this change.

Most Muslims in Europe are happy to either accept gladly the pluralistic view or at least put up with it as a condition of residence but a few do not.

Almost all religions espouse that other religions are wrong. It's a value largely of the society in which people reside that gives them direction as to how far they should go in imposing their values on others.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Sounds like they've killed the bastards who did this. Almost a shame, I was hoping they could be taken alive, then left in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives, with nothing but Charlie Hebdo comics and pork scratchings for company.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Really disappointed they didn't get them alive. Could of been stoned to death as punishment, just like they would have in an Islamic country.

Gwadien

Really disappointed they didn't get them alive. Could of been stoned to death as punishment, just like they would have in an Islamic country.
That's what they want though, surely we should do the opposite, give them 25 years, then have them surveillance for the rest of their lives so they can't do anything.

Show them our integrity and way of life hasn't got a price.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Stick them in landfill, don't give them a grave.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That's what they want though, surely we should do the opposite, give them 25 years, then have them surveillance for the rest of their lives so they can't do anything.

Show them our integrity and way of life hasn't got a price.
Buh? That's sensible! Commendable even.

<shatner>
World... Turned... Upside-down... Expectations... Shattered...
</shatner>

Seriously though, exactly right. In fact France is treating the whole thing the right way. No knee-jerk security measures. No declaration of war. Just treating it as a criminal act. No more.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well perhaps I'm out of touch but I'd rather murderers were captured, incarcerated and studied so we can learn more about their reasoning and use that knowledge to prevent similar occurrences.

Gwadien

Well perhaps I'm out of touch but I'd rather murderers were captured, incarcerated and studied so we can learn more about their reasoning and use that knowledge to prevent similar occurrences.
When you want the po-po to blast them away and/or get executed you're no better than the ones committing the crime to be frank.

But hey, I'm Alex.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
When you want the po-po to blast them away

France is not the US. I read an article on jaywalking in the US where some guy got violently arrested by several armed officers for crossing the street where he shouldn't have.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I agree with what the muslim fella in @Mabs video said.

Now people either have to agree with judging the shooters, and with that agree with a muslim and worse yet, me. Or, say the shooters were right. I might've just invented world peace o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom