Next Gen Buffbots and RP fat infis

A

alb_dot

Get ready Hibs and Mids, they are coming, 7.30am this morning, a /who barrows revealed no one in there...So I trundled on down and advisers were camped by a fire wizard and a sitting grey con infi... phantoms were camped by a lvl 50 armsmen and a sitting infi.... vigis were camped by a lvl 50 wizard and a sitting grey con cleric. Couldnt be arsed to look elsewhere, was quite dissapointed tbh.... andyway Get ready you enemy realms, these infis are on there way...(dont worry they wont know how to kill, theyve been sat down for 40 odd levels)

O

old.windforce

this has been going on for ages now.
this is what happenes when 1 class is insane overpowered (infiltrators) and another class being leveled for buffbottage (cleric)

at least i am making a speedbot :p

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by alb_dot
Get ready Hibs and Mids, they are coming, 7.30am this morning, a /who barrows revealed no one in there...So I trundled on down and advisers were camped by a fire wizard and a sitting grey con infi... phantoms were camped by a lvl 50 armsmen and a sitting infi.... vigis were camped by a lvl 50 wizard and a sitting grey con cleric. Couldnt be arsed to look elsewhere, was quite dissapointed tbh.... andyway Get ready you enemy realms, these infis are on there way...(dont worry they wont know how to kill, theyve been sat down for 40 odd levels)

For your next report, alb_dot, check out the tanglers ;)

Lin

ps. You should be glad that these people were PLing in non-peak hours, btw. Thats very good manners.

A

alb_dot

all very well PLing but I learned how to play my class by PvE, sitting down doesnt really teach you anything.... fair enough for the buff bots not like they matter, anyway... whatever.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

It took me weeks to get from 47 - 50 because of inconsiderate people power lvling at advisors, so eventually I had to resort to going back to Lyonesse <shudder>

O

old.Cyric

Fair enough I guess, they'll learn the hard way.... get to Emain and realise the error of their ways and level another character the proper way... Or they'll come on here, and scream words like "gimped" and "nerf". :)

Mostly likely though, they're alts, and don't really wanna do the boring XP treadmill again for the n'th time. The standing irritation is that small groups level faster than bigguns, and there are only a pretty small number of places to XP effectively in small groups... Pretty frustrating when they're all camped :/

O

old.Sko

Only thing you learn as infi in pve - "dont take freaking aggro"
that's all.

O

old.Jadow

I agree. Being powerlevelled in PvE has virtually no bearing at all on RvR. ANYONE who hits 50 and heads to RvR has a big learning curve ahead of them.

If they are alts then it's likely that a lot of the more important RvR lessons have already been learned. However, all classes in RvR are different, and assassin classes are more different than most.

How do you gauge whether or not to stay with the zerg, or sneak through the mile gate?

If you decide to sneak through, how do you time it? Do you wait for the enemy to open it, or do you do something else?

Personally I, being a heartless bastard, would wait for the mids/hibs to charge and start chasing the albs, then when the albs were leading the enemy to the APK I'd saunter through without a care in the world. It worked about 90% of the time.

That's just one example of something you need to learn for RvR. There are thousands of other little tricks. What's TWT? Where do you camp if you want to safely camp MMG<>MPK? What's 'Tree'? There's so many it's unreal :)

Good luck to them, if they kill the enemy that's fine with me :D

J.

D

Danya

Big groups are more efficient, but only if well balanced. To get decent xp you really need pbae though, which often isn't an option in albion.

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by old.Jadow
I agree. Being powerlevelled in PvE has virtually no bearing at all on RvR. ANYONE who hits 50 and heads to RvR has a big learning curve ahead of them.

Aye, timing is of essence, and knowing habits of your opponents is important. Just an example -
Yesterday we were running in team of 3, moving amg-silo-hib macha entrance-amg. After killing certain luri in briefline (dot charges rule ), i tell -
"Lets move, as far as i know hibs there will be loads here in a few minutes"
Healer runs past and my companion cannot resist temptation. I jump into fight, healer dies and lo and behold - we're overrun by hib zerg :)

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
It took me weeks to get from 47 - 50 because of inconsiderate people power lvling at advisors, so eventually I had to resort to going back to Lyonesse <shudder>

49 was a breeze at advisors at 5am, 64million per kill when camp bonus was up :)

A

Anikaa

the way i look at it is this... let people do whatever they want to do and have fun with the gameb but as soon as it starts to interfere with other players (like in DF) then it needs to stop. if you are going to PL a character at least do it when people are at work like around 10 am or something. or 1 am when most are RvRing. but dont be jerks about it. if a group is wanting to take a camp that you are at pling a bot or another person who is grey or green. then leave and go craft or go do some RvR until group leaves. or just take some pulls while group is resting or going to go sell.

P

- Pathfinder -

Noone actually xps in barrows these days anyway :) Wizards used to enjoy the advisor exploit to PL to 50, and even though they've been fixed it's still a great xp spot for a solo wiz (at least past 47). It's also a good spot to PL your alt (while this may seem slow; and compared to a good group it is; it is infinetely better than normal low lv soloing/grouping), although I personally would recommend the priests in Lyonesse (higher level caster mobs).

As for interferring with other players - a lower level group does not have any inherent "right" to claim a spot simply because someone is PLing his/her alt there - there are plenty of XP spots to go around; find another.

A

Anikaa

hrmmm... i'm sorry but if i were pling an alt of mine and i saw a group that was looking for a spot i would give them it. then I would move to a diff. spot. My alt or Bot can wait 1 hour or 2 hours to get some exp. but if you be a jerk and don't let groups do what they want you'll get a bad rep for PLing and not being considerate of other people. just an opinion.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by Anikaa
if you be a jerk and don't let groups do what they want

So if I keep what is rightfully my camp by virtue of being the first to arrive, I'm a jerk? I see :m00:

you'll get a bad rep for PLing and not being considerate of other people.

I pity the poor cabalists of Lyonesse - they must be shunned by the whole of Albion :m00:

All things being subjective - if I have to cater for some low levels in order for them to like me, I'd rather have them whining about my ewulness :rolleyes:

O

Olgark

There is no rule to say who ever gets to a camp first owns it for the time they are there. Its just being polite to ask or to move on. There is nothing in the Rules of Conduct saying you can not fight monsters in the same camp where others are. No matter how long they have been there.

M

minnie

the whole issue of these damn bots needs to be addressed by Mythic IMO.

People take their bots around and level them up and deprive other players of a place in a group. also finding them camping to plevel is bad news for the rest of us.

Go to apk in emain and there are usually about 5 bots for cleric and damage buffs :(

It's only sad lazy people who use bots and I reckon those people are as much use in RvR as a chocolate fireguard after all those levels of learning nothing about the capabilities of their chars.

E

Euthanasia.

Originally posted by minnie
IMO.
yes but as you can see noone gives a fuck about your oppinion.
after all those levels of learning nothing about the capabilities of their chars.
yes but the funny thing is even though they will not have played there character at all untill lvl 50 they'll still probly have more knowledge of their characters then you do of yours:(

O

Olgark

Originally posted by Euthanasia.

yes but as you can see noone gives a fuck about your oppinion.

yes but the funny thing is even though they will not have played there character at all untill lvl 50 they'll still probly have more knowledge of their characters then you do of yours:(

Everyone has a right to their opinon, what I want to know who died and made you god ?

E

Euthanasia.

dunno but i'm guessing alot of people died? , noone made me god , i took that role on myself

S

Sigurd

the whole issue of these damn bots needs to be addressed by Mythic IMO.

People take their bots around and level them up and deprive other players of a place in a group. also finding them camping to plevel is bad news for the rest of us.

Go to apk in emain and there are usually about 5 bots for cleric and damage buffs :(

It's only sad lazy people who use bots and I reckon those people are as much use in RvR as a chocolate fireguard after all those levels of learning nothing about the capabilities of their chars.

I have to disagree there. These people must have surely levelled a character, or more than one, to a high level, or they wouldn't have anything to act as a buffbot. Chances are they know as much about RvR as your average player who levels solidly to 50.

O

Olgark

Originally posted by Euthanasia.
dunno but i'm guessing alot of people died? , noone made me god , i took that role on myself

Oh well not only are you a crettin you are also arrogant to go with it.

E

Euthanasia.

Slightly ironic how you call me a "crettin" yet you can't even spell the word properly, surely that would indicate that it is you who's the cretin?

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by old.Sko
Only thing you learn as infi in pve - "dont take freaking aggro"
that's all.

Nothing tanks better then an inf with 6sec PBT :D
I regularly need to take agro, because your average tank takes too long to react. Of course I can drain alot of mana, but it causes less down time then a dead caster.

As for uneducated players at lv40+... there're a whole lot of them these days and I don't think it's down to PL'ing. Some people, just don't have a clue.

D

DocWolfe

why are you attacking people for no reason... theres no need for it ffs. The only thing its going to get you is a bad rep, not that your rep aint bad enough already naj. And I'm sure no one gives a fuck about your opinion either.

G

Garris-

NB: Naj. Why the holy fuck haven't you been banned yet. I'd say more, but I fear you might.. ooh. pull my hair or call me names. I don't think I could take it.

On PLing.. I don't like it. Always struck me as cheatish and exploity.. but each to their own, I guess. I don't think that getting one character to 50 gives you a "get out of treadmill free card" for your alts. But hey.

I hope Mythic do something about it.

Soonish the classes'll probably end up divided into too groups - the classes that you do to 50, and the classes that you PLevel. I hope it doesnt end up the norm that people make their main a wizzard, get them to 50, then do the class they actually want - an inf or scout or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread