[RP] Searching

N

-Nxs-

Heavy rain thrashed against the old oaken sign, with every gust of wind the remaining hinge screeched in pain as it retained its grip to the wall, the words "Ye Stone" barely visible through the dense rain that poured from the heavens.

Inside, a group of weary adventures reaped their rewards of a hard day’s work, various parchments detailing their journey soaked up the small pools of ale carelessly spilt on table. Four piles of coins began to tower as each member argued over how much he should receive, the piles remained fairly even, maybe they were please to be in the comfort of the tavern, its roaring fire glowed a bright shade of orange which pacified the occupants of the tavern, safe from the harsh weather outside.

Without warning, a loud crash echoed around the room, the large door which to now had provided a barrier from the storm was no longer performing its function, the parchments soaked in ale flew violently circling the room, rain lashed through the now open door soaking those foolish enough to frequent the tables close enough, the carefully stacked coins toppled as one of the parchments smashed into its side. Looking towards the entrance to see who had interrupted the tranquility of the tavern, all eyes fell on a small boy of no less than 15 winters, his rags drenched in rain gasping for breath, his entire body week from the lands he had crossed to reach the city of Camelot.

The rather stocky barkeep rushed from the safety of his counter and battled with the wooden door, using his entire weight to force it back to its intended position, sealing the rain once again on the outside. His attention then fell to his new customer, "child" he stated in a rather calm soothing voice, as he helped the youngster to a nearby chair "on such a harsh night, the streets of Camelot are no place for such an adolescent, what brings you here?”

The child struggled to his feet "Leave.... me.... alone", as he staggered to a rickety desk that filled the void beneath the steps to the upper rooms, "I..... must.... find him", his small fingers scanned down a list of names entered into the guest book, frantically turning the pages, looking for someone, a single name, just the one name “…. please…” he cried “….please be here….” but alas the name he was seeking was not to be found. Realising no matter how hard he looked the name would not appear, the young child, exhausted, collapsed to the floor, everything went dark...................

N

NiTr0z

erm, what was the kid doing looking for him. i dont get it... is there nehting to get or am i stupid?

N

-Nxs-

maybe theres more to come later :) ever heard of suspense

O

old.mattshanes

Nicely written, ignore the idiots, they are just jealous they can't write/type like that.Not seen shaeffer do any lately, where has he been?:(

N

-Nxs-

MODS - please please please restore the RolePlaying forum, let us express our imagination free from the idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread