Good Infis and Poor Infis

T

Trelawney Hope

First - I am seldom seen flaming or 'having a go' at players but after today, I just had to post and speak my mind.

My definition of a Good Infi vs a Poor Infi

Good Infis:-

- Rambo - Fights out in open. Takes on tanks and casters alike in open RvR. /respect.
- Gwendel
- Jadow
- Liste
- In fact quite a few esp. 'old school' Infis, but i'm in steam-blowing mode - apols to those I miss.

Poor Infis:-

- Niar (truly surprised and disappointed at you)
- Estaban
- Heartless
- Rhodry

Spend an inordinate amount of time attacking crafting casters in the hope of easy RPs. Sure it's everyone for themselves in the Frontier - and it's a great way to suicide at the end of a session, but to come back time after time after time just to kill one caster is just - well pathetic. Apart from being very inefficient way of getting RPs - it's just .. well lame. Have I really done something to deserve what I put up with at DC today?

Niar - you have really gone down hill mate - I really used to think you were a good player. But you made a bit of a laughing stock of yourself on your 4th death trying the same tactic at DC today. I'm not even RvRing and just standing there unbuffed and crafting. So what do you do? Come back and try again and again. Well golly you got your 2 kills and your RPs. Pity you made yourself a bit of a joke now among Hibs. Good reps are hard to earn and easy to blow.

Estaban - Just plain weird. 5 or 6 times you tried the same thing? You seem to do well for a Blue Con Infi, but enough is enough. Coming back to do the same thing with your mates, and failing - on the same people, same tactics, same failures - can't you take a hint and camp an MG or something? Y'know REAL RvR..?

Heartless - I know you like buddying up with other Infis e.g. Rhodry today. It's a good tactic. I recommend killing someone when you do it. Again - another situation of 3 dead infis, and a load of bewildered crafters chuckling. First time it was vaguely entertaining and broke up the tedium of crafting for a few mins.

To be fair - yes in the 8 hrs of crafting I did today just for a change, was attacked 11 times inside DC courtyard. 9 of the times from Infis, 2 from SBs. The difference? The SBs were suiciding and weren't seen again. To come back like some of you guys is like frankly grating, and at worst an inconvenience.

Has RvR really gotten this desperate? Not once did any Infi or SB survive. You can't expect to. The keep guards are tougher now if you hadn't noticed? So why do it? - What a waste.

I've got to ask in fairness - do Nightshades do the same to Albs?
1 year on of DAoC and i've never seen it as bad as today. Please - give it a rest guys?

/rant off - thank you for listening.

==========================
Trelawney Hope
Eldritch
Prydwen
==========================

W

wyleia

hmm only 11 times pretty decent... i get attacked at LEAST once an hour when im at beno.. by both SB and NSes.. this calmed down a bit when SoTL owned beno and keep was level 10 but when another guild claimed and couldnt keep it at level 10 they came back :/

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Trelawney Hope
[B
I've got to ask in fairness - do Nightshades do the same to Albs?
1 year on of DAoC and i've never seen it as bad as today. Please - give it a rest guys?

/rant off - thank you for listening.

[/B]

To be honest i can't think of one decent one:D

S

Sharma

the only single decent SB ever to walk midgard, is Death, unbuffed, un powereleveled, was not a noob, played his class when they wernt FoTY, death picked his targets in a decent way and knew when hes gonna loose, he never had the chance to use IP afaik either.

in other words

Death > powernoob Infils/SBs/NSs

k?

K

klavrynd

being buffed to the rim does not equal skill

L

Luz

I have to be fair and say I thoght of the same thing during my NS leveling. But there´s a few things I would take in consideration..

1. I would, if I made it inside the keep, attack different characters each time. No point in herasing one character over and over!

2. Give it up after 2 attempts if it´s pointless, witch, after consideration, it is.

3. Not waiting to port over and over again several times just to get killed over and over again, and if lucky, get 300? RP..

Yes, it´s a nice way to suicide at the end of a run, but...
nah I´ll just leave it at that..

K

Krillin.

Originally posted by Trelawney Hope

Niar - you have really gone down hill mate - I really used to think you were a good player. But you made a bit of a laughing stock of yourself on your 4th death trying the same tactic at DC today. I'm not even RvRing and just standing there unbuffed and crafting. So what do you do? Come back and try again and again. Well golly you got your 2 kills and your RPs. Pity you made yourself a bit of a joke now among Hibs. Good reps are hard to earn and easy to blow.

It's not the old Niar. The one I levelled with and exp'd with stopped playing along time ago so when you see people giving kudos to niar they are all referring to him. Don't tarnish his reputation as he was an excellent infiltrator. This player is a new one and has been for some time.

And as regards Nightshades there are very few i have respect for in hibernia. Most also seem to use buffbots and have adopted a hit and run tactic. My recent record is being attacked with poison and then seeing the ns run off ns restealth. Did it 6 times in the end. Must have feared my uber powerful smite and mad melee skills :/

I have more respect for someone like Bfr and Lourker than your NS

O

old.Revz

The original Niar sold his account 6-7 months ago as Krillin points out. The original Jadow is playing AO but the difference here is that he donated his character to the guild instead of selling it so someone with half a clue is playing it (I think).

M

-mk-

taking on tanks etc would not be my definition of a good infiltrator.... rather one uberbuffed infil with a truckload of RAs

taking on crafters in DC fits more into the spirit of a mean assassin :D even killing the same person over and over just for fun and causing a thread on BW seems more appropriate than getting buffbotted and going to odin's/emain/whatever.....

and for the RP part: if i wanted to get loads of RPs fast, i would have rolled an enchanter. if i wanted to grief people, i would have rolled an infil

O

old.Patrick-S

actually only 2 ns i know of use buffbots and i use the restealth tactic on albs/mids just to see how many infils pop it gets boring when u jump an armsmen make him ip then get 2 buffed infils jump you :rolleyes: and rambo wont be a good player ever imo till he stops using a buffbot..
also kindve annoys me that people who played longer think they are better than people who leveld quickly i played a nightshade after being told they were gimps and hardest class in the game to level because heard they were needed and yes i leveld fairly fast because pve on daoc as a shade at any rate is immensly boring imho and i wanted to play with a friend who was already 44 :) but yea people churning out one class because its overpowered (hmm chanters seem an example.. and smite clerics were plentiful at one point) is pretty annoying specially if they are powereleved by their main
edit: typo :)

L

liste

taking on tanks etc would not be my definition of a good infiltrator.... rather one uberbuffed infil with a truckload of RAs

wrong.

I attack any solo i meet, and usually any duo as well.
Berserkers will win 99% of the time, but other than that, i have a very good shot at winning (the solo ones, that is. the duo, i usually lose to the second one :) ).

I am unbuffed, does not have IP, does not have FA2, does not have Dragonfang, am still too lazy to use potions, and i very seldom travel in stealther packs (Duoed with Derric a few days ago. apart from that, its at least 3 months ago). on top of that, i only have about 400k RPs, which gives me only 4L7, so no uber RA spec. Infils can take on most targets and have a valid chance of winning (I will get you some day, Kalgarn, my Arch Nemisis :D ).

Thank you for your words, Trelawney :) Reserved a poisoned tip of my swords. Just for you :D

H

Happlo

Re: Re: Good Infis and Poor Infis

Originally posted by old.mattshanes

To be honest i can't think of one decent one:D

Trad? Maedhros? Luon? But to name afew.

Most NS's I know (which would be most of them since there aint exactly many lvl 50s) are UNbuffed most of the time unless grouped.

I've fought most of the regularly RvRing Infs/SB's now and won/lost against most too. Rambo seems to always be with Diaz and i gotta say they really work well together, and when they die there is usualy alot of buffs fall off em for a 2 man stealth group. But buffbot or not they play with tactics which is always worth /respect.

Another person that i have had afew run ins with and usualy came out worst is Cylain an SB, she hits hard!! :D

Point is, there are plenty of good NS's out there, you just dont see them as often cause there aint as many of us as the hordes of Infs/SB's that your used to ;o)

T

Trelawney Hope

Thanks for not slamming me here guys.

I am -really- pleased to know it isn't the same old Niar - as I mentioned - good reps are hard to build up and easy to blow, but I guess that's the danger with players using well established characters names. You have to maintain the reps.

Phew.

Lakarell - don't know if he still plays, but he's another of the good players in my book. /hello if you're still out there there.

Regarding my rather simplified version of good or bad - Yes - I absolutely agree there is a lot more to it than just attacking tanks, being buffed or not - I guess i'm referring to repeated cheap tactics.

As a caster - I expect to go down faster than Monica Lewinsky at a Presidential Rally, but I prefer to do it in a bit more style. I think i'd be mortified if this was the way it was going to be in the future.

If you see me crafting in DC and are about to log - try some of the new emotes - and give me a sporting chance at least ;)

cheers

K

knudden

esteban deserve credit
but for now i guess he must settle with taking rp's
solo from chr's 5 lvls and many rr's higher then him

and dont begin that i saw esteban with bla bla
ofc he dont solo all the time

O

old.Anpu

Iguk certainly is a poor Inf, someone give him some cash to buy real weapons. :p
He misses me more than Morpheus with his bardiche :D

/Anpu

S

succi

sorry for all those perf chains knudden ; i love you really :)

J

Jupitus

Re: Re: Good Infis and Poor Infis

Originally posted by Krillin.

It's not the old Niar. The one I levelled with and exp'd with stopped playing along time ago so when you see people giving kudos to niar they are all referring to him. Don't tarnish his reputation as he was an excellent infiltrator. This player is a new one and has been for some time.

Sorry Krillin, but you can hardly complain about Niar's reputation going to shit. If Niar wanted his reputation to remain the good one it once was, he shouldn't have breached the CoC and sold his account to some goon who (seemingly) doesn't know how to play the class.

Anyone wanna buy my level 50 infil? Comes free with a guild and alliance?

Exactly :rolleyes:

Now piss off... he's not for sale :p

H

hrodelbert

Originally posted by old.Patrick-S
actually only 2 ns i know of use buffbots and i use the restealth tactic on albs/mids just to see how many infils pop it gets boring when u jump an armsmen make him ip then get 2 buffed infils jump you :rolleyes: and rambo wont be a good player ever imo till he stops using a buffbot..
also kindve annoys me that people who played longer think they are better than people who leveld quickly i played a nightshade after being told they were gimps and hardest class in the game to level because heard they were needed and yes i leveld fairly fast because pve on daoc as a shade at any rate is immensly boring imho and i wanted to play with a friend who was already 44 :) but yea people churning out one class because its overpowered (hmm chanters seem an example.. and smite clerics were plentiful at one point) is pretty annoying specially if they are powereleved by their main
edit: typo :)

Slobodan or whatever he's called failed to kill me when he was fully buffed and i was unbuffed picing daisies in emain. thats lame btw :)

S

succi

Tip knudden - dont purge my bs2 , its 1.5 sec stun ;p

K

knudden

Originally posted by succi
Tip knudden - dont purge my bs2 , its 1.5 sec stun ;p
miss read it :D
normaly i dont purge backstab chain
i dont remember doing it
but im sure there was a reson if i did like
1) i saw something unpleasent comeing towards me
2) i dident have a spare sec
3) i was getting fire debuffed
4) or maybe it was just a brain fårk ;)

A

Aravis

Originally posted by wyleia
hmm only 11 times pretty decent... i get attacked at LEAST once an hour when im at beno.. by both SB and NSes.. this calmed down a bit when SoTL owned beno and keep was level 10 but when another guild claimed and couldnt keep it at level 10 they came back :/

When did SotL own Beno? Must have missed it :D

GoP have pretty much held beno since before Christmas, and it's been at level 10 for nearly a month now (we have the anti GBP bug, 1.8 billion when last checked)

D

DocWolfe

well tbh I've only ever been killed by a ns once but been killed by sbs god knows how many times, but that might be due to a population problem.

I

iguk

Heheheh Anpu true true:)...I do miss my PA alot but yesterday was horrible 1 PA hit and around 25-30 missed, even backstabb missed alot yesterday, didnt matter what I tried :(

E

Ezeine

The chap playing Niar is like the 10th owner atm. Some guy from T30.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Well, I killed Glithantis yesterday in MMG, mocc'ed him to death. Shame you just unstealthed without attacking me really :p

You s00k Glithantis!

Only joking

/thread hijack ended

Users who are viewing this thread