Good Infis and Poor Infis

K

knudden

Originally posted by succi
sorry for all those perf chains knudden ; i love you really :)
sorry for all the times u failed btw :)

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by Azal

so mebbe i should tell ppl not to buff me so i can scout?
this is the part that implies what I said indicates you shouldn't be buffed in a group.

O

opoc

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Tbh i have killed many sbs but not so many ns maybe because of such a low population to sbs,out of those ns i have only found 2 unbuffed that was trad and drizt(fought you in df,good to see an unbuffed assasin).Maybe the other ns were grouped i dunno but sometimes it seems like they weren't,think the game will come to a stage when everyone walks around buffed sadly:(

Dunno how that works since if you ever go by ligen or anything theres hardly any buff bots whatsoever.

M

maleniel

Hey ^_^ I remember you Trelawney, Hi :). I've just been away a long time ( 5months :S ) but kinda back now.
Lotta new stealthers around nowadays, can't keep track on names so .... -

Good Infs - Maxlight ( as hes crazy ).
Good SBs - Tjalfe ( dunno if he still plays ) and Azal
Good NSs - Instagib ( I think his name is )

L

leviathane

Originally posted by succi

Im solo when my regular group isnt on

hehe shouldnt run from sorc's with pets :wub: :wub:

A

arawn

Hm..

Very lame imo to post it here but anyway..

So u mean all infils should play after your advice?

I mean..As a infil i would be dumb to target a zerker and not wait for a class who cant defend themself aswell to an asn..

I wonder why they gave asn´s ability to climb.. Hm ?

As a crafter you are an easy target for an infiltraitor/SB/NS

Thats the way of the game m8...So plz dont whine about it here and hope u get some support..coz i wont give u any..

Just accept the fact that crafters are easy targets and stop bs about it..

Stay to the truth next time..

W

wyleia

Originally posted by Aravis

When did SotL own Beno? Must have missed it :D

GoP have pretty much held beno since before Christmas, and it's been at level 10 for nearly a month now (we have the anti GBP bug, 1.8 billion when last checked)

they owned it when SC first came out or so.. i remember clearly because GoP owned it before... i would get attacked and die... keep was level 5/6.. then SoTL retook it from whoever when it fell once and set it at level 10, the few stealthers that did try to get me in there died to guards quicker than they culd kill me... then we lost again back to GoP and back to level 5/6 again.. Good job if you guys keeping it level 10 now :) That helps all us cloth wearing afkish casters out :))

C

chretien

It's got so bad at Benowyc with opportunstic Shadowblades (and it is mainly the mids, rarely hibbies) trying to stab me up at the forge that I have Purge in all my crafting quickbars. . .
Thing is, I get attacked 6-7 times a day there and despite the fact that I must be a green con to a 50, I've only been killed once - and that was after the Nightshade had been killed by the guards so he didn't get any realm points off me that time either. On the other hand if I can get a quick swipe in before the guards finish 'em off, I get a few extra realm points whilst I'm sat crafting. Terribly nice of these Norse to be so obliging I think.

K

klavrynd

pluizige haarbal

where does it say i speak dutch?

Many posters (especially from other realms) indicates tha tthey know if someone is buffed or not.

How can you tell?

when they suddenly start hitting harder then you do and when you nearly ld due to the spam generated by them losing all buffs if they die

can someone tell me who's that Klavrynd guy ?

someone that doesn't abuse lousy engine coding like some people do ...

U

umilard

Sb's :
Azal, Emma, Zapsis, Rayzer, Avonlyah, Blod

Seriously? Rayzer??? The guy that just unstealth and start hitting you with anytimestyle.. He's _the_ prime example of powerlevelled shadown00b with buffbot.

O

old.mattshanes

LOL rayzer is the most buffed sb i have ever seen.....

I

ignore

Originally posted by klavrynd
where does it say i speak dutch?

i'm an inf my job is to collect data and info, i even know in which cave you went to school :p

M

~Mobius~

haha ok Trew,u think i suck,i will never claim im a uber player either,however,cant see how u can say that,ive hardly jumped you alot of times since im specced 50 thrust 50 dw and id rather jump melee chars then casters tbh...i cna understand your frustration if u got killed in dc a couple of times but what should we do ? when emain is zerged i tend to look for solo targets and if you sit in dc solo its not my prob =P
like i said,casters isnt my main target but tell all your friends not to run around in 2 fg then so you can craft in peace :)
have fun////Rhodry

I

ignore

aah little mobius got so big, wheres the time i killed him and freia i think it was ? :) in yggdra, gah i wish i knew how to take screenshots baack then :(

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
LOL rayzer is the most buffed sb i have ever seen.....

Lies.

/em points to his sig.

M

~Mobius~

hmm

aah little mobius got so big, wheres the time i killed him and freia i think it was ? in yggdra, gah i wish i knew how to take screenshots baack then

did you not notice the /////rhodry ????

i havent got my own bw acc so i borrowed mobius

L

Levin the Blue

Buffs

Would just like to add that when i hunt alone in the frontiers as Ehlias, i always bring stat buff potions. I don't have a buffbot, but i'm seriously addicted to potions of might and potions of deftness now. :) Expensive but fair. Healing potions are nice too. Trying to get quick enough with them to use them in mid combat, as a poor man's FA.

So just because you see buffs falling off me when i die (which happens a lot), please dont assume i have a buffbot. Thanks. :)

O

old.Cher

Difference is when 10 odd buffs fall off a person, normally if u are in a group and buffed u have maybe 6-8 buffs top, i know people will point out the fact that sometimes u may have two buffing classes in a group but when you fight someone often and always observe the same buffs falling off them, then u get the idea that they are a buff bot user,

i personally do not know of many ns buff bot users, i guess this is due to the fact that we don't have many ns's, and the ones we do have normally stick to our morales.

i was in a keep taking group with 7 ns's, and i was happy to see that everyone of those ns's did not have a buff bot.

And as for ns's kiting people, we generally don't do as much damage as the other assassin classes in melee, and as far as i'm concerned our poison is one of our best weapons, so please don't get pissed off when we actually use tactics rather then just standing there letting the cleric smite,mezz,stun, and just generally beat the hell out of us.

As regards to the good ns's
Spivvy
Spiff
Instagib
Succi
Rami
Basil

and as for the bad ones

of course i'm only taking into consideration those that i actually have played with

and levin use your caster more! i never did get the chance to kill you :rolleyes:

H

hangianix

Originally posted by old.Cher
cleric smite,mezz,stun, and just generally beat the hell out of us.

Guess how many clerics are capable for those atm... :D

O

old.Cher

the two i attacked in my ns career, and because of those two i never attack clerics unless i come accross them in a group vs group battle, where there too busy healing to do anything :p

P

- Pathfinder -

the two i attacked in my ns career, and because of those two i never attack clerics unless i come accross them in a group vs group battle, where there too busy healing to do anything :p

You must be, like, a greecon :m00:

S

svartalf

There are ways to prevent assassins from.. er.. assassinating you.

I think you have to remember that recent patches have hit assassins, even infiltrators, hard.

I don't think it's fair for an Eldritch to comment on how people play infiltrator. It's a bit rich for anybody to claim that it's 'lame' to attack someone else who's in the frontier. Weak classes not moving in keeps are especially vulnerable and should expect to die. You went there, you were not pushed.

H

hangianix

These numbers are correct, maybe you can find 2 active smiters in albion. :D

T

Trelawney Hope

Well seems quite a discussion - Svartalf and Arawn have the most critical feeback which in summary is "It's the frontier, get used to it." Fair comment guys.

Why does it have to be a whine Arawn? It's a point of view - and one maturely discussed by most who have posted here. The dictionary defines a whine as "To complain or protest in a childish fashion". Did I?

Rich for me to call it lame? I disagree there. "Lame: Weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory". Attack me once maybe or twice, or even 10 times by different players - but the same players over and over (and failing most of the time) just seems a bit obsessive, RP desperate and well...as I said lame. Glad we cleared up the who plays who these days.

When I die in combat or active RvR - I can sit back and admire the other player - or think that I could have often done better. No hard feelings there - and if I get time I /bow /clap /salute to show respect. I don't have to - I choose to. I have had some stealthers attack me as I do this - but not the good ones. Again their choice.

I can't feel the same about the above fixation though - which i'm pleased to say seems to have gone since this post started, and I have just had the odd attack - which is perfectly fair. Strangely I seldom see who I regard as good stealthers (Alb and Mid) use this tactic anything more than a suicide with style.

I've even danced and sat with stealthers inside DC - neither of us attacking each other and just using gestures - and it's moments like that which make DAoC special to me.

So don't get me wrong - It's what Infis and SBs do - it's one of their abilities and casters are the perfect prey. I'd much rather get owned when I am in RvR than crafting and often semi afk. It's a calculated risk for sure before you say - but I just needed to post my tuppenyworth here which i've done - and it seems it made a decent thread judging from the comments so far.

See you in Emain - and thanks for taking time to post!

/military

A

arawn

Hm..

First of all...Svartalf i love j00.

Second : Why shouldnt crafters get jumped? , I mean i rather kill some lonely crafter than jumping a fg hibbies ;)

And as u can see..Albs also get pwned in keeps..Are we going to discuss poor sbs and good sbs now or what ?

Gimme a break ffs..And btw..We killed more ppl than u..We didnt target u all the times...We jump all 3 of the hibs who were inside.

Trew , I dont dislike u for this post..But thx for telling what u think and so on...But i cant agree with u and that u must understand..

I can agree with u that Rambo is a hell of a infil :)

But i dont think i am so poor that u say ...Maybe u had a bad day when u posted this i dont know :D

Well anyway if u wanna try infil gimme a shout..Ill give u my pass..Then u can take on fg´s if u like instead of poor casters inside DC ;p

Cheers m8

A

arawn

Gotta respond to one more thing tho...

When u say " I have danced with stealthers inside Keeps"

From my point of view thats crossrealming lameness..

and if thats your special moments i dont have anything more to say.

And i dont care if ppl is semi-afk...Not my problem..I need RP for Ra´s and why ppl is going Odins , Emain , Albion is also for the RP and not to dance with other realms ;)

Well anyway..I play like i feel to..And if some1 thinks i "poor" its ok for me.

I play for myself and not some1 else.

O

old.Cher

I play for myself, but i play for my guild and realm as much.

and depending on my mood, i will either try and kill people immediately, or i'll just follow them and stalk them for a while, i personally could not be bothered to repeatedly go to a keep and die for around 500rp,s its just not worth it in time or pleasure, but at the same time if i'm logging or bored of the area its fun to go to a keep and try to kill someone before the damned gaurds get you

and yes i would have been green/blue con to the smiter....but he hurt bad

T

Trelawney Hope

Magic Moments

Wow - one of the most read and responded thread on your forums - and by a Hibby - thanks ;)

Yeah upon reflection 'twas a bad day so apologies to any other Infis like Heartless/Rhodri who just happened to add to my misery that day who I mentioned.

I considered making a stealther alt to try out, but once was enough for me, plus i'd have to give up RL again. Thx for the offer tho ;)

Single group RvR and decent battles aside, (call it lame) but one of my most memorable DAoC moments was when late one night (after the 5th repeat battle at the AMG) my FG Hibs came racing through the AMG having spied Alb feet under the door - to be greeted by the same group of Albs we'd been fighting but instead of being ready for battle, they were all 'nekked' and dancing. I think the monitor got a mouthful of Coke that I was drinking - I belly-laughed for ages.

I think I saved a few screenies but unlike Prydwen.net I can't attach 'em here. I remember Bullveye was one of the tanks. Does anyone else recall being there (old age affects my memory)??

I think it took balls and a great sense of humour to risk that and for the first time, I didn't take RvR so seriously and that behind the face of 'the enemy' were decent guys, i'd happily get a round of beer for.

My point being - that just because you can, doesn't mean you should do what is expected of you. It's nice to break the mold once in a while. I've won plenty of fights and lost many more. A few remain in my mind, but moments like the one above and the Stealther who didn't kill me in DC, certainly do.

Anyone else had a similar 'magic moment'? Hibs and Mids welcome too.

- Unky Trel -

L

Lanfaer

Originally posted by Aravis

When did SotL own Beno? Must have missed it :D

GoP have pretty much held beno since before Christmas, and it's been at level 10 for nearly a month now (we have the anti GBP bug, 1.8 billion when last checked)

Suppose you forgot the incident a few weeks ago when mids owned beno for quite some time, guess the time when SotL owned beno was the only thing you missed ? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread