Septina

Part of the furniture
aegnor said:
newsflash: chanter insta interrupt gets nerfed next patch
oh sorry, you already knew that :(

wonder when they will nerf that damned focus shield :(

PS: please nerf mentas
PS2: nm, just nerf Maeloch

Aye, i'm aware that it gets nerfed next patch and its about bloody time also :)
No more being unable to cast without moc as soon as you meet a decent hibgroup \o/ <glares at Lorelei> :<

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Chanter wins without even breaking a sweat :p
Hi 9s baseline stun.
Hi insta interrupt with 5s reuse.
Hi, i'm debuffing for my own dmg type.

etc etc etc :p
Without moc a caster really cant beat a chanter if he's leetly spamming his dps debuff :x

so let me get this straight ur saying a sorc with a 1875 range mes + mes dampening will get owned by a chanter with a 1500 range stun... not forgetting the sorc & sm get root as well hmmm i dunno something smells

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
so let me get this straight ur saying a sorc with a 1875 range mes + mes dampening will get owned by a chanter with a 1500 range stun... not forgetting the sorc & sm get root as well hmmm i dunno something smells
Sorc nuke still not 1850.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Am I missing something? Or, are you just being sarcastic when repeatedly bringing that focus shield up?

aegnor

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Am I missing something? Or, are you just being sarcastic when repeatedly bringing that focus shield up?

Yes. Probably. :(

Afran

Part of the furniture
Come to WoW Jjuraa xD no dock camping here ;>

Septina

Part of the furniture
Jupiter said:

You're saying that the sorc should mezz the chanter to death! xD
Sure, i mezz him... then what... run into range, one lifetap, BAAM he insta dps debuff interrupts me, qc stuns me and then what? :p

aegnor

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Sure, i mezz him... then what... run into range, one lifetap, BAAM he insta dps debuff interrupts me, qc stuns me and then what? :p

Then you are not using even half of the sorc's potential. :(

Septina

Part of the furniture
aegnor said:

May i ask how you would solve it then?
The second you break his mezz he insta interrupts you and then what? :p
QC another lifetap and hope he dies?

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
aegnor said:

Go and watch some avi's of Septina playing, think you might learn something you half witted little prick.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:

hmm sorc mez's, chanter has to purge it does that not swing a major advantage to the sorc?

Septina

Part of the furniture
Jupiter said:
hmm sorc mez's, chanter has to purge it does that not swing a major advantage to the sorc?

Why would chanter have to purge the mezz!?!? WHY?!?!?
The second the sorc breaks the mezz chanter INSTA DPS DEBUFFS sorc which interrupts him........ why on earth would you need to purge the mezz, please... tell me.....

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Septina said:

Never played a caster at high levels so prolly a non sense, but fire moc, send pet, pray? :eek:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Septina said:
Why would chanter have to purge the mezz!?!? WHY?!?!?
The second the sorc breaks the mezz chanter INSTA DPS DEBUFFS sorc which interrupts him........ why on earth would you need to purge the mezz, please... tell me.....

Funny how nobody includes neither the pet nor active RA's into the equation.

If the enchanter doesnt purge he will have the sorc pet on him forever; where the chanter pet is nicely mezzed for another minute by the sorc his AE mezz.

Typical scenario: They approach and see eachother from range. The sorc is the first to AE mezz the enchanter AND his pet. 1875 range > anything from the enchanter. At the same time he runs into range briefly to sick pet on the enchanter and proceeds to lifetap once the pet is (almost) on the enchanter.

Now the enchanter is interrupted and can blow quickcast stun. Do it on the pet and sorc lifetap continues. Do it on the sorc and the pet will tear him up (or atleast keep him interrupted).

Alternatively he could quickcast stun the pet, insta dps interrupt the sorc. But then what? The sorc simply quickcasts a LT and behold the enchanter has to wait for his dps-debuff to come back up to interrupt the sorc. However once its up the pet stun from the sorc comes loose and hes once again interrupted.

Throw in active RA's and it becomes abit different; however if u add both purge and MOC the sorc will win (lifetap > straight DD in that fight)

From short range its all who has the fastest reflexes and spots the other one first.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
Funny how nobody includes neither the pet nor active RA's into the equation.

If the enchanter doesnt purge he will have the sorc pet on him forever; where the chanter pet is nicely mezzed for another minute by the sorc his AE mezz.

Typical scenario: They approach and see eachother from range. The sorc is the first to AE mezz the enchanter AND his pet. 1875 range > anything from the enchanter. At the same time he runs into range briefly to sick pet on the enchanter and proceeds to lifetap once the pet is (almost) on the enchanter.

Now the enchanter is interrupted and can blow quickcast stun. Do it on the pet and sorc lifetap continues. Do it on the sorc and the pet will tear him up (or atleast keep him interrupted).

Alternatively he could quickcast stun the pet, insta dps interrupt the sorc. But then what? The sorc simply quickcasts a LT and behold the enchanter has to wait for his dps-debuff to come back up to interrupt the sorc. However once its up the pet stun from the sorc comes loose and hes once again interrupted.

Throw in active RA's and it becomes abit different; however if u add both purge and MOC the sorc will win (lifetap > straight DD in that fight)

From short range its all who has the fastest reflexes and spots the other one first.

With active ra's the sorc really shouldnt be able to lose no :p
moc and lifetap is overpowered beyond belief.
And, the only thing the sorc pet is good for is interrupting really.
Most times the pet will be 46 or maybe 47.. unbuffed if you're not mental and boats back to just buff the pet :p

I'm not saying sorc is bad and has little utility in any way.
Just that the chanters utility is better in a 1 v 1 situation.
In my opinion anyway :)

aegnor

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:

Let's see, you can mezz both the chanter and his underhill. You can use instant double dex debuffs to decrease cast speed. You can charm a pet that can be cast ml9 on and set on the chanter after he's mezzed. You can use a ceremonial bracer with a stun bt. You can ichor him in case you get in trouble, and gain some range to wait for qc to come back up if you insist on saving moc. Each time you nuke the chanter you will gain back hp, his hp will decrease, one of your casts beats one of the chanter's casts. The frontal mezz/nuke approach would be much simpler too bad it doesn't work too well in this case, but with all those tools you can't say that chanters would definitely have the upper hand, because they wouldn't.

Oh and btw, i'm talking to Septina here without any personal remarks. I'm simply stating that in the situation she illustrated she didn't care to mention a lot of things she could have used vs a chanter. So that way the chanter might have looked much more overpowered than it really is. As Puppet has already shown, in a typical scenario things could go much different.

And Pudzy, i'm not talking to you so please refrain from taking this thread to the gutter with idiocy. If i ever need to do that i'll come back to you, ok? ;)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:

Amen. The whole debate is silly - most of the time the caster which gets the jump, wins. And the other one doesn't get to do shit. On paper I can't fight a bd without having to fire at least 1 ra, in practice you pop up from behind a hill, stun, nuke nuke nuke and they drop easy enuff.

Also most of the regular solo sorcs out there are body spec so will have just as much dps as a chanter does with debuff.

For a non-stealther to solo well imo anyhow, you need to either be able to avoid adds or at least manage them - more important than how u perform 1v1 - so that puts casters up right there, with both high dps and some CC. Argue as much as u like about lifetap + aoe CC vs baseline stun, they both OTT in different situations.

You see more body sorcs soloing than any other caster, so that speaks for itself imo.

Yes, must be rough soloing as a slow dps *add on me* toon like a pally, but don't see how this is my fault :) (prolly explains why jamies got sick of it and i'm still here as we both have similar playstyles but he's a shield champ).

Mael, 50th ment.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
With active ra's the sorc really shouldnt be able to lose no :p
moc and lifetap is overpowered beyond belief.
And, the only thing the sorc pet is good for is interrupting really.
Most times the pet will be 46 or maybe 47.. unbuffed if you're not mental and boats back to just buff the pet :p

I'm not saying sorc is bad and has little utility in any way.
Just that the chanters utility is better in a 1 v 1 situation.
In my opinion anyway :)

so ur just being an ass for the sake of being an ass, btw chanter pet is usually 44

Septina

Part of the furniture
Theres nothing more overpowered than a baseline 9 second stun in a caster vs caster duel, period :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
Jupiter said:
so ur just being an ass for the sake of being an ass, btw chanter pet is usually 44

I've never ever sad sorc is bad :p
I DO say that chanter is better in a 1 v 1 situation and you're just replying with clueless arguments on how sorc would own chanter with boltrange mezz. :>

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Septina said:
Theres nothing more overpowered than a baseline 9 second stun in a caster vs caster duel, period :p

Mines 11.25s, I got duration capped :D.

Mael, 50th ment.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
Mines 11.25s, I got duration capped :D.

Mael, 50th ment.

Tsss, evul fotm ment :flame: ;>

Edit:
Oh and btw aegnor, if i wanna dex/qui debuff the chanter i wont be able to use my boltrange mezz.
Since debuffs breaks mezz on pets :)
And ichor is nothing else but useless since it doesnt work if you are in combat.

aegnor

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Tsss, evul fotm ment :flame: ;>

Edit:
Oh and btw aegnor, if i wanna dex/qui debuff the chanter i wont be able to use my boltrange mezz.

Aye, you're right about that. :)
But you can still use the single target, or even the aoe depending on where pet stands. ;P

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:
You can always remezz the pet though? :p

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
aegnor said:
Let's see, you can mezz both the chanter and his underhill. You can use instant double dex debuffs to decrease cast speed. You can charm a pet that can be cast ml9 on and set on the chanter after he's mezzed. You can use a ceremonial bracer with a stun bt. You can ichor him in case you get in trouble, and gain some range to wait for qc to come back up if you insist on saving moc. Each time you nuke the chanter you will gain back hp, his hp will decrease, one of your casts beats one of the chanter's casts. The frontal mezz/nuke approach would be much simpler too bad it doesn't work too well in this case, but with all those tools you can't say that chanters would definitely have the upper hand, because they wouldn't.

aedex debuff and break mez on pet (as sept said). A chanter can have ml9'd pets too. A chanter can also get cb so can have mez feedback. Cant recall seeing a sorc use ichor (can argue that they should have it but thats fairly irrelvant, most dont). Going along the argument of active ra's, not all sorcs have moc either :p Playing a chanter I didnt have any difficulty vs sorcs .. but then again playing sorc I rarely have any difficulty vs chanters. Maybe I just run into idiots or something.

Septina

Part of the furniture
bigchief said:
aedex debuff and break mez on pet (as sept said). A chanter can have ml9'd pets too. A chanter can also get cb so can have mez feedback. Cant recall seeing a sorc use ichor (can argue that they should have it but thats fairly irrelvant, most dont). Going along the argument of active ra's, not all sorcs have moc either :p Playing a chanter I didnt have any difficulty vs sorcs .. but then again playing sorc I rarely have any difficulty vs chanters. Maybe I just run into idiots or something.

Ichor does not work if you are in combat when trying to fire it.
That probably is the main reason sorcs dont specc it.
I had it at NF launch, managed to fire it once or twice.
Absolutely not worth the 5 - 10 - 15 points it costs :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom