Just curious...

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone know if we own the characters and accounts, or if we rent them from GOA ?

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
Anyone know if we own the characters and accounts, or if we rent them from GOA ?

you rent them.

they are not yours (hence you're not allowed to trade/sell them and goa can close them whenever they want for whatever reason they want).

from EULA:
* You acknowledge expressly that all characters created and all objects acquired and developed during the game are an integral part of the Software and the Expansion pack and strictly remain the property of the Publisher.

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Ssera said:
you rent them.

they are not yours (hence you're not allowed to trade/sell them and goa can close them whenever they want for whatever reason they want).

from EULA:

that was what i wonderds, im against acc trading myself, but starting to think that about who realy owned the accounts, since so much talk about acc trading latlely, but i guess on US its the user that own account or since they can trade freely as it seems ?

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
that was what i wonderds, im against acc trading myself, but starting to think that about who realy owned the accounts, since so much talk about acc trading latlely, but i guess on US its the user that own account or since they can trade freely as it seems ?

The difference between the US and EU way to handle accounts is due to different laws in the US/EU. I think in the US you're only allowed to trade whole accounts though, not individual items. So you could ebay your account fine but you aren't allowed to Ebay some rare drop or cash etc.

Regardless, here it's GOA that own our accounts and everything on them.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
GOA own everything involved and regardless of whether we like it or not, we agreed to it when we installed and started the game :)

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Jonaldo said:
GOA own everything involved and regardless of whether we like it or not, we agreed to it when we installed and started the game :)

its sad realy that they own the accounts, if they would like they could do what ever they want with them i guess...

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
its sad realy that they own the accounts, if they would like they could do what ever they want with them i guess...

if they want to lose customers ?
:)

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Ning said:
if they want to lose customers ?
:)

yea, doubt they would, but legally i guess the could, nerf. dont wanna log in and see my chars in all pink ^^

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
yeah but GOA and mythic have too keep up there part of the contract, if they started doing what ever they wanted, say stopped one of your character from earning exp (ie stopping them from getting to L2, and refused to fix it) they would be breaking advertising law )ie Does not do what it is sold to do) and you can't use contracts as a defence against Law breaking. Thats why even if people freely admit they hack/cheat, they don't get banned unless court doing it red handed (well thats how it seems to work).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom