just noticed....

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
10000 being a pure example as in "this is how much they could have had" when the number is clearly around 1.5-3k tops now thus their income isnt anywhere near that 10000 mark.

But you take a 5 year period. When DAoC still hade around 50.000 to a 100.000 subscribers. Hence I mentioned think again.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
CL levels/horses was Darkness Rising I'll have you know.

Catacombs was extra zones/classes.

My bad then. Wasnt catacombs something like CL5 that got raised to lvl 10 in DR? Also I remember the same goes for horses (earlier versions vs rainbow horse full of pwn). Where DR added the Lab?

Help me out here, I'm getting old.

Everz

FH is my second home
My bad then. Wasnt catacombs something like CL5 that got raised to lvl 10 in DR? Also I remember the same goes for horses (earlier versions vs rainbow horse full of pwn). Where DR added the Lab?

Help me out here, I'm getting old.

CL5 for Darkness Rising where you got a special weapon.. carbon copy of a few shards.

CL10 was Laby, which came about a year after Darkness Rising?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
DR was when CL's were introduced, tis when DF got a revamp and the Co5 dungeons etc became available :p Laby was CL10.

Edit: meh everz beat me to it.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
CL5 for Darkness Rising where you got a special weapon.. carbon copy of a few shards.

CL10 was Laby, which came about a year after Darkness Rising?

Ic. Thanks for clearing that up Everz. I just hade a look at wiki, the Lab expansion is 6 years old, DR 7 :|

Everz

FH is my second home
Ic. Thanks for clearing that up Everz. I just hade a look at wiki, the Lab expansion is 6 years old, DR 7 :|

The fuck. Makes me feel old knowing that, then realised the last time I played live was well over a year and a half ago.

Time flies.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The fuck. Makes me feel old knowing that, then realised the last time I played live was well over a year and a half ago.

Time flies.
Bet your playing a scout on Eden, or something even gayender.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
10000 being a pure example as in "this is how much they could have had" when the number is clearly around 1.5-3k tops now thus their income isnt anywhere near that 10000 mark.
Eh? 2.5 years ago there were around 5-6k people on DAoC prime all at the same time (4-4.5k Ywain, 1-2k ish german servers)... in MMOs you normally multiply the amount of players on at prime time by 5 to get the amount of subs there are.. if not more.. so it's safe to assume they had around 30-35k subs 2.5 years ago...

They have around about 8-10k subs total now...

Staff salary / taxes etc won't put a dent in what they made.

If EA really gave a shit about the players playing DAoC they would make an expansion, it's pretty much guaranteed profit... charge $30 for it and they will easily get $120,000 in a week from it. Plus a hell of a lot of people return (I'd say about 3-4k active subs).. imagine if the expansion was to bring back Old Frontiers, that would bring back 5-6k easily....

It's safe to assume over the last 5 years they have had on average 40k subs total..

40k * 15 * 12 * 5 = $36,000,000... 36 million dollars............ what more needs to be said

Last edited:

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
DAOCSubchart.PNG
But you take a 5 year period. That started with 100.000 to 50.000 players (subscribers) still.​
Also:​
Mythic won't announce subscriber or current user numbers however it is the general opinion of players and off the record staff that subscriber numbers are on the rise during 2011, with a lot of returning players and interest in the 10 year anniversary.

The number of subscribers ≠ the average number of players logged in at any one time. Also I'm not sure if the graph includes the European players.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I lasted like an hour before getting annoyed at the 3-4 stealthers humping amg :<.

That and the wrong buttons (qbar), cheaters and window dragging galore. I got bored of it after an afternoon.

Best I saw was some kobolt attacking 3 albs and backstunning al 3 one after another (2 scouts and 1 infil), they werent even that close to eachother. I got outskilled by a window draggin druid + chanter. Followed the druid (chanter died) all the way up to some tree (figured he killed the program). 10s they appear behind me, all buffed up and ready to rawk my ass.

Joy :(

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH

Time flies.

not even a year ago u played mid on ywain tho :)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
TBh that graph is fucking insane, the decline of players from 75k players 4 years ago to 5k players now is just... wow

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom