Server pops just keep on going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Taken from Postcount, pretty shit considering its 10 servers, take into account the anons as well which will bring the numbers up slightly. I remember doing /who on all realms during good eu/usa times about 7 months back and the numbers were massive compared to what is shown below.

1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm GMT/10pm CET

Hib:

ALL: 796
NF: 311
Laby: 40

Alb:

ALL: 537
NF: 232
Laby: 18

Mid:

ALL: 488
NF: 196
Laby: 39

Total: 1821

- - - - -

11pm EST/8pm PST/4am GMT/5am CET

Hib:

ALL: 442
NF: 206
Laby: 33

Alb:

ALL: 289
NF: 94
Laby: 6

Mid:

ALL: 279
NF: 61
Laby: 27

Total: 1010

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Still great action and plenty of rps to get:) the action right now are decent;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The games dead and the people playing it only care about RPs, it is no wonder nobody wants to play it. It's turned into the boring online shooter of MMOs. The same people playing like trash, desperately grasping at RPs.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still great action and plenty of rps to get:) the action right now are decent;)

No doubt at EU prime time, my point is the numbers have drastically gone down since the whole /who on all realms thing was done last, lost easily 1500 from the total as a whole.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
People should start joining uthgard :) the old classic grind for xp has been fun because it has brought back 'togetherness'. So far for the last several weeks for me ive had nothinv but random help... people giving me loot without being selfish and asking for cash etc... had plenty of groups over the levels... even tho the xp has been a bitch... its been much fun :)

Himse

FH is my second home
Asian primetime is the best time to play. I was off sick and played some DAoC, loads of 8v8 action to be had.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I dislike Uthgard, not because its OF and has no TOA shit or because of the slow leveling rates but because of the no buffbot rule and not being allowed to dual log, it's basically forcing you to 8v8 unless you want to solo buffless. They fail to realise daoc just wasn't like that back then, people had buffbots (even if it wasn't everyone, the fact of the matter is they did exist and the majority of the then high rr stealthers/visible soloers all used them + the bots all had high Wild Arcana) were it not for the no buffbot rule I'm sure Uthgard would be a lot more popular than it is currently.

It's just a shame that the current Mythic staff can't all go play Uthgard for 1 night and realise what people really want.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i love the "its shit and boring, lets play on a stolen copy and NOT support the game. then complain that its dying and has no updates" yea i wonder why that happened

fucking ignorant peasants

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
i love the "its shit and boring, lets play on a stolen copy and NOT support the game. then complain that its dying and has no updates" yea i wonder why that happened

I've supported that game for more than ten years, yet they've not listened one bit to what I had to say

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The only changes that get made to live are things that affect what the dev (I don't believe there is more than one) is playing. It's a nice little trickling money source for EA.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno why people just goes after statistics and whos on how many etc the action now is alot more viable and easyer to play then when it was 3k on server

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

As much as I dislike theft DAOC Private servers are not stolen, the server files were made from the ground up over many years, I remember helping Raidsoft and some other people test them when they first ever appeared, this was back when you couldn't attack and no one had health. The only thing that is being used is DAOC's client which is your own personal copy.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

This is an even more ignorant comment.

Server emulators are not stolen software. They are made by passionate and clever players that reverse engineer how the client talks to the server. I daresay most passionate DAOC players- on Uthgard or on the official servers own one or more legally purchased copy of DAOC and expansions. They simply decide to connect their client to a different server.

With how Mythic has mismanaged DAOC since the start, I am not surprised it has taken a dive to sub 2k players in US prime time on the official ones.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I dislike Uthgard, not because its OF and has no TOA shit or because of the slow leveling rates but because of the no buffbot rule and not being allowed to dual log, it's basically forcing you to 8v8 unless you want to solo buffless. They fail to realise daoc just wasn't like that back then, people had buffbots (even if it wasn't everyone, the fact of the matter is they did exist and the majority of the then high rr stealthers/visible soloers all used them + the bots all had high Wild Arcana) were it not for the no buffbot rule I'm sure Uthgard would be a lot more popular than it is currently.

It's just a shame that the current Mythic staff can't all go play Uthgard for 1 night and realise what people really want.

How many 50's do you have on Uthgard again?

There's numerous reasons for not having buffbots one of them is because the servers won't be able to handle everyone logging 1/2 buffbots in, and there are a absolute shit loads of soloers on Uthgard.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
This is an even more ignorant comment.

Server emulators are not stolen software. They are made by passionate and clever players that reverse engineer how the client talks to the server. I daresay most passionate DAOC players- on Uthgard or on the official servers own one or more legally purchased copy of DAOC and expansions. They simply decide to connect their client to a different server.

With how Mythic has mismanaged DAOC since the start, I am not surprised it has taken a dive to sub 2k players in US prime time on the official ones.

you can cut it how you want, its piracy, END OF THE STORY

so gtfo, thanks :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
How many 50's do you have on Uthgard again?

There's numerous reasons for not having buffbots one of them is because the servers won't be able to handle everyone logging 1/2 buffbots in, and there are a absolute shit loads of soloers on Uthgard.

Most childish comment yet? "I've got more 50's than you there for I know!" how old were you again when DAOC was first released? around 6, so what do you know about olden days DAOC? nothing, that's what, you were still playing with power rangers when we were playing DAOC at its prime.

Gwadien

Most childish comment yet? "I've got more 50's than you there for I know!" how old were you again when DAOC was first released? around 6, so what do you know about olden days DAOC? nothing, that's what, you were still playing with power rangers when we were playing DAOC at its prime.

No, How do you know what it's like at 50 if you don't have any 50's?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
No, How do you know what it's like at 50 if you don't have any 50's?

tumblr_m5ja4fweQj1qfb7bio1_400.jpg

Gwadien

Lmfao, You just said stuff like 'Soloers don't have a place on Uthgard' I say they do, and I have evidence, because i've fucking seen them playing in RvR - Where do you get your facts from?

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Well we rolled on Hib a few weeks ago some hit 50 already ( Frigging Doug he doesn't sleep ) and we enjoying it all over again big difference and there loads of Soloers not dependant on Buffbots which is making it nice challenge ... Wish I rolled on Utgard sooner than we did tbh our only stumble point has been lack of money BUT we getting there slowly..

Gwadien

Everyone runs buffless solo so therefore it works, you've clearly lost the discussion because you're resorting to spamming pictures like a - let me quote you
You can't knock it, until you've tried it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Everyone runs buffless solo so therefore it works, you've clearly lost the discussion because you're resorting to spamming pictures like a - let me quote you You can't knock it, until you've tried it.

I never said people don't solo on Uthgard tho? if you can actually read what I said was "Forcing you to 8v8 UNLESS you want to solo buffless" so please read things properly in future Gwadien before trying to act all high and mighty. As for the server in general and "How do I know how it works if I have no 50's?" it's a simulated OF/pre-toa server, I played OF/pre-toa(unlike you), if it doesn't work like OF/pre-toa it isn't an OF/pre-toa server, hence the "You missed the point" picture, I have more experience with DAOC OF/pre-toa than you could ever muster up from playing a freeshard modelled around one.

Don't try and teach it if you've never actually played it beyond what you've read and been told.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just a facepalm? I take it that's you giving up?

Gwadien

Just a facepalm? I take it that's you giving up?

more or less, from what I'm gathering, you're saying it's not like DAOC used to be therefore it can't work, and you won't even see if it'll work, you're just assuming it won't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom