Server pops just keep on going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
I just resubbed, templating my rr7 BM for group now.

Everz

FH is my second home
I just thought leveling on slow DAoC is boring as hell. Especially for someone on a limited time scale. That and I wanted a fecking buffbot for PvEing as I hate grouping these days :p.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I got bored at about level 8 - Exping has moved on too much from the grinding days.

As for banging on about thieving, no it isn't if you bought the game in the past, you have bought and paid for the client side software. The server side software is their own, coded from the ground up. Are you expecting a refund for the software when they remove access to official servers and you can no longer use it?

Your monthly sub is for access to the servers, not to rent the software.

You might be breaking the odd bit of the CoC but meh. Bit of a grey area really, barely any of the original DAOC CoC would stand up in court anywhere.

Everz

FH is my second home
Agreed, playing slow xp on DAoC is equal to smashing your face into a keyboard.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
:ignorant fuckwit:

I think it's funny and cute that someone completely incompetent and ignorant about how game systems work. And someone who is completely clueless about the difference between software piracy and using legally purchased copies to connect to third-party servers thinks he have an one-up by randomly spewing garbage.

Wash your fingers little potty person.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Okay guys, we've had enough of the :fuckwits:, :clueless:, name callings and what not. The thread was meant for talking about the live servers' population drop. If you can't be nice, I'll actually have to do some modding(aka call TdC and say ya'll cant play nice) and I don't wanna do that

So behave :eek:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Okay guys, we've had enough of the :fuckwits:, :clueless:, name callings and what not. The thread was meant for talking about the live servers' population drop. If you can't be nice, I'll actually have to do some modding(aka call TdC and say ya'll cant play nice) and I don't wanna do that

So behave :eek:

^ what he said :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I think it's funny and cute that someone completely incompetent and ignorant about how game systems work. And someone who is completely clueless about the difference between software piracy and using legally purchased copies to connect to third-party servers thinks he have an one-up by randomly spewing garbage.

Wash your fingers little potty person.

ok, easy

show me screenshots of you playing on that server, that -DOESNT CONTAIN COPYRIGHT MATERIAL THAT BELONGS TO EA-

oh wait, you cant

PIRACY

cock

Logi

Part of the furniture
I re-subbed earlier this month and I regret it.

Very well thank you.

Good good ^^

Didn't you fuck off?

:ROFLMAO:

Yaa, but after talking to a friend about daoc thought id see how these forums were doing. Can see it's quite... vibrant still.. :p

ima guildwars2 pro nao! XD lol <==(Am i gonna be flamed for saying this? ;<)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
ok, easy

show me screenshots of you playing on that server, that -DOESNT CONTAIN COPYRIGHT MATERIAL THAT BELONGS TO EA-

oh wait, you cant

PIRACY

cock

You don't understand how clients and servers work.

The client has all the game assets, such as terrain, 3D models + textures and sound. This is the copy you have legally purchased.

When you connect to a server, it basically sends the client a stream of numbers saying. Put your character here (with the 3d assets being locally loaded from your hard drive). Then put 10 rats there and some horses over there. There is NO copyrighted material from EA being distributed. It is all from the copy you have legally purchased. The game server basically says where to put these assets in the game world.

This is the mode of operation for all server emulations, such as Uthgard, SWGEmu, Project1999 (EQ) and so on. Why don't the developers or the IP holders take them down? Simple - they have have very thin legal basis to do so. Because it is not piracy, no copyrighted content is being distributed.

As someone with no relevant education or indeed, any technical insight to this, I won't expect you to ever understand.

Mabs

You don't understand how clients and servers work.

The client has all the game assets, such as terrain, 3D models + textures and sound. This is the copy you have legally purchased.

When you connect to a server, it basically sends the client a stream of numbers saying. Put your character here (with the 3d assets being locally loaded from your hard drive). Then put 10 rats there and some horses over there. There is NO copyrighted material from EA being distributed. It is all from the copy you have legally purchased. The game server basically says where to put these assets in the game world.

This is the mode of operation for all server emulations, such as Uthgard, SWGEmu, Project1999 (EQ) and so on. Why don't the developers or the IP holders take them down? Simple - they have have very thin legal basis to do so. Because it is not piracy, no copyrighted content is being distributed.

you have NO legal claim on the Client
its a "loan", agreement to usage, it remains the property of the company
read a EULA

and LOL @

As someone with no relevant education or indeed, any technical insight to this, I won't expect you to ever understand.

nice job showing your ignorance

Mabs

LordjOX

http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/EUALA

To play the Game, you must (a) purchase the Dark Age of Camelot(TM) game CD-ROM (the "CD-ROM"), which entitles you to set up an Account on Mythic's Game System

You acknowledge and agree that Mythic is the sole and exclusive owner of the System, and that Mythic or its suppliers are the sole and exclusive owner(s) of all right, title and interest (including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights), code, programs, routines, subroutines, objects, files, data, characters (including all items, currency, objects and attributes comprising or associated with a character and an Account), and information uploaded to, downloaded from, and accessible through the System, including, without limitation, graphics, sound effects, music, animation-style video and text, some of which may be provided to Mythic under license from independent content providers (collectively, "Game Content"). You further acknowledge the Game and the Game Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary rights owned by Mythic or its suppliers, title to all of which is expressly reserved, and that you acquire no rights in any of the same, express or implied, beyond those granted specifically in the current version of the EUALA.

now fuck off back to your little pirated server, and die

thank you

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So why has Dawn Of Light been running since 2007 is it? and hasn't been shut down? We all know EA would love to jump on a chance to sue some people.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Last warning stop with the name calling and shit or i'll start dishing out threadbans.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Ah, the usual pseudo-lawyer in the making. Pointing at game company EULA and TOS.

They simply state that they own the game assets. But you have purchased a legal copy. It is YOUR computer, YOUR hard drive and you are allowed to start ANY executable however you see fit. If you decide to connect to third-party servers, that is entirely up to you. The game company might bar it from their service, but it is in no way illegal.

If you think an EULA from a game company can override basic rights in the country you live in, you are completely delusional.

Why don't you think EA have taken down Uthgard? Disney have taken down SWGEmu? SOE taken down Project1999?

And for the record, I've not played on emulated servers for many years, but I completely understand and support those who do.

Anyways, you should focus less on trying to be clever and keep serve out them BigMacs.

Mabs

Ah, the usual pseudo-lawyer in the making. Pointing at game company EULA and TOS.

They simply state that they own the game assets. But you have purchased a legal copy. It is YOUR computer, YOUR hard drive and you are allowed to start ANY executable however you see fit. If you decide to connect to third-party servers, that is entirely up to you. The game company might bar it from their service, but it is in no way illegal.

If you think an EULA from a game company can override basic rights in the country you live in, you are completely delusional.

Why don't you think EA have taken down Uthgard? Disney have taken down SWGEmu? SOE taken down Project1999?

And for the record, I've not played on emulated servers for many years, but I completely understand and support those who do.

Anyways, you should focus less on trying to be clever and keep serve out them BigMacs.

oh ok, its NOT piracy, its "just" illegal ?

you really are a simpleton arent you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom