just noticed....

Logi

Part of the furniture
http://www.eden-daoc.net/

seems to be very legit :O

dno if people know the history of this server, but this server is the only server that was stupid close to livelike.

in other words, very good server :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
http://www.eden-daoc.net/

seems to be very legit :O

dno if people know the history of this server, but this server is the only server that was stupid close to livelike.

in other words, very good server :p

Yup! - Although it'll be down in 2-3 months, it's good whilst it lasts, y'all should get on this case, I'll be on Midgard most likely, will probably setup my old guild on there called Ex Excal, will have a laid back policy to RVR, you log on, and get a group really, Will hopefully get this into full swing when the servers up! :) Let me know if you're interested!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
The dev behind Eden is currently doing some major code re-work atm, is rather interesting..

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
oh look some more pikey wankers who think its clever to steal thiings

wonders never cease

Logi

Part of the furniture
Yup! - Although it'll be down in 2-3 months, it's good whilst it lasts, y'all should get on this case, I'll be on Midgard most likely, will probably setup my old guild on there called Ex Excal, will have a laid back policy to RVR, you log on, and get a group really, Will hopefully get this into full swing when the servers up! :) Let me know if you're interested!

lol i used to be in that guild on my healer Aurelia, still have a screenshot of her in that guild =)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Its blatently Keitanz... smarmy git lol.
done with daoc freeshards I think.. the community is just totally shit really.

At least all the trolls from VNBoards will have somewhere to go now though :D looks like some are already settled on Eden forums :D

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
yeah freeshards are a bitch like that ><, I'll try it out until the trolls drive me mad

Gwadien

lol i used to be in that guild on my healer Aurelia, still have a screenshot of her in that guild =)
oh shit yeah, i remember you! Theyre making it so you cant transfer rps across realms so im prolly gonna stick to mid or see what happens to the population

Everz

FH is my second home
10 rp per kill in PvP.. archery nerfed to hell? Pass.

Logi

Part of the furniture
10 rp per kill in PvP.. archery nerfed to hell? Pass.

its beta mate, its not a serious release. The official full release is next week, 20th of april.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Yup like someone said, it will be down in 2-3 months .. therefore I am sticking to Uthgard, and will make a char for when there's nothing to do on there.

Logi

Part of the furniture
Yup like someone said, it will be down in 2-3 months .. therefore I am sticking to Uthgard, and will make a char for when there's nothing to do on there.

dno mate, if the RP rate is slow it'll last alot longer i reckon, the other Edens all lasted for atleast a year.

Heard that u cannot xfer ur rps to another realm aswell.

Logi

Part of the furniture
oh shit yeah, i remember you! Theyre making it so you cant transfer rps across realms so im prolly gonna stick to mid or see what happens to the population

Any chance i could join your guild Corned? im struggling so hard to find grps w/o a guild so i figured i might join urs. Currently playing a warlock called Warcock.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If everyone who bitched and moaned about freeshards collapsing, being unreliable or having stupid rulesets just played on normal Mythic servers then the game would be booming.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
If everyone who bitched and moaned about freeshards collapsing, being unreliable or having stupid rulesets just played on normal Mythic servers then the game would be booming.
People just love complaining, nothing you can do about it :cry:

Gwadien

Why would I pay £10 a month, for a game, that's pretty dire? - hardly updated, and when it is, it's very poorly done. When you can play a game for 3-4 months thats constantly updated and have more fun? The reason that live servers aren't booming, is because it's shit, make it cheaper, or even f2p, and I might consider it?

Everz

FH is my second home

Why pay for whats free eh?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Why would I pay £10 a month, for a game, that's pretty dire? - hardly updated, and when it is, it's very poorly done. When you can play a game for 3-4 months thats constantly updated and have more fun? The reason that live servers aren't booming, is because it's shit, make it cheaper, or even f2p, and I might consider it?
I pretty much agree..

Live has about 8-10k subs atm I reckon.. so around $120k - 150k income from subs alone each month.. they are making hella profit from the game yet they don't really release that many decent updates.. it's a shame.. I don't know what the fuck they are doing.

Live is still booming.. but it won't be in 18months... go to each realm's PK now and you will see there are a lot less buffbots/players standing around then there were 18months ago :/

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Lol Keitanz.. That's what they said when wow came out

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Playing a bit of devils advocate here, but maybe the reasons the live game is hardly getting updated is because the majority of DAoC's players don't pay subs so Mythic can hire a decent set of developers? :)

The more people that starts up on freeshards instead of on the official servers the less money Mythic gets to do anything with the game.

So yeah, the game isn't all that any more, but don't lay all the blame on Mythic.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had a look a couple of months ago and there were tons of people there. Game was still shit though...or well, the player base was.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
There's more ppl in camelot city then there is on europes most populated Star wars server main city imperial side(which severly outnumbered republic) :p

Gwadien

Playing a bit of devils advocate here, but maybe the reasons the live game is hardly getting updated is because the majority of DAoC's players don't pay subs so Mythic can hire a decent set of developers? :)

The more people that starts up on freeshards instead of on the official servers the less money Mythic gets to do anything with the game.

So yeah, the game isn't all that any more, but don't lay all the blame on Mythic.

Look at Freeshards the guy who single-handledly works on the Eden Database, he doesn't make a direct salary off the game (sure he makes some cash from donations and such) and the work that he does is immense, he's added so much custom stuff into the game that would blow your mind, brand new zones etc.

Basically, what I'm trying to get at is that he's doing it on his own, and yet I bet EA have loads of developers sitting their picking their noses doing absolutely fuck all, Adam brings a patch out every week, EA do it every 4-5 months.

Sack all the DAOC staff, employ Adam, DAOC would be 100% better.

I think OD could back me up on the amount of DB work he's done.

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
Live or Shards don't bother me, I'm not patriotic of any. I'll play where whatever has fun fights and, at the moment, that's playing against the computer at Risk. :D

Gwadien

Still looking for noobs to join our little gang-bang, if you're interested, give a shout! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom