IT is time for Divine Intervention to either get nerfed or Line-of-Sight check

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
And yes it is true that the realm of albion (on this server) has a lot more people running around with di bots then any realm. Hardly ever seen a hib with one and ill agree sm's/bd's have less need for it.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
And yes it is true that the realm of albion (on this server) has a lot more people running around with di bots then any realm. Hardly ever seen a hib with one and ill agree sm's/bd's have less need for it.

Make it so you need a FG to make DI work then no more loser sorc/di bot duo's :p

Easier solution :p

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
sounds kinda good actually, cant hide bb's in towers/keeps or bridge-towers.
still this is only a problem for soloers/duoers as Shike said, this game aint realy meant for soloing, more like zerging afaik ><

Hmm...I agree, but even in zerg its abit unfair that Hibs and Albs can have DIbots + full buffs on 2 accounts, when Mids need 3 accounts to do the same...it just doesnt compute...

not to mention why the realm that got 2 DI options are one of the realms that already have it on their buffbots...

In all honest it just sounds like Mythic forgot that Clerics got DI when they decided to give it to Tics too but not to Shamans. At this point the most viable option would probably be to grant DI to Shamans and wardens (or something like that in hib) aswell. That way no one should be able to complain about DI, atleast its evenly spread out over the different realms.

Wholdar said:
Did you read my post?
ATTACK WHATEVER YOU WANT!
BUT REALIZE YOUR ACTIONS HAS EFFECTS!

Hmm...he wrote that he does understand what you are saying, and he isnt condoning the playstyle, but he is also saying that it is a natural reaction (stupid one, but still natural) from the almost only realm in the frontiers. Simply because its more fun to take a keep than go to PvE for them I guess.

/Charmangle

ps. I do agree that your ideas would be better, but as somone else said its almost impossible to remove DI completly this day of age, to many albs/hibs would see it as catastrophical (since mids are used to running without DIs solo/small groups, they proably wouldnt complain)...ds

whinersmincer

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Hmm...I agree, but even in zerg its abit unfair that Hibs and Albs can have DIbots + full buffs on 2 accounts, when Mids need 3 accounts to do the same...it just doesnt compute...

so basicly what u are saying that cleric and shammy aint the same ? and that if alb whant haste buff the should do what ?? get a thuig on stick mayhaps.. and besides would rather have healer on stick then cleric or druid hehe

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
whinersmincer said:
charmangle said:

so basicly what u are saying that cleric and shammy aint the same ? and that if alb whant haste buff the should do what ?? get a thuig on stick mayhaps.. and besides would rather have healer on stick then cleric or druid hehe

Eh...hmm...Im gonna try and dechiper this...

First you are asking: You are saying that cleric and Shammy isnt the same ?Eh, yes I am. Shammy has spec buffs but no where near the heals, and it lacks the allmighty DI...which is what the discussion is about.

Secondly you are asking: What shall alb do if they want a haste buff?Eh, the same as mid has to do if they want a haste buff get 3 accounts. (Remember mids have to choose to either have a haste buff or no specs, which would you choose?)

Thirdly you are claiming: That you would rather have a healer on stick than a cleric or druid!Does that mean you would think it is okay to not have spec buffs? Str/con, dex/qui and Piety are overrated anyway or?

You do understand that Healers in Mid do NOT have access to the Spec buffs? You need to have a Shaman for that, and that means you cant have a healer on stick or at a siege or what ever, unless you can login and play 3 accounts at the same time...doesnt that strike you as unfair compared to hib and alb that only needs 2 accounts to gain the same effect?

/Charmangle

whinersmincer

Fledgling Freddie
You do understand that Healers in Mid do NOT have access to the Spec buffs? You need to have a Shaman for that, and that means you cant have a healer on stick or at a siege or what ever, unless you can login and play 3 accounts at the same time...doesnt that strike you as unfair compared to hib and alb that only needs 2 accounts to gain the same effect?

u do realise that albs if the wanna haste the go buy pots.. and if u make a haste healer there are peps that wanna trade haste buff fore spec buffs thats fore sure so stop the QQ

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Rushie said:
and ice wizzies aint as bad solo in rvr as muyl is making out, sure its far from easymode and can be frustrating at times(stealthers land a PA on u and ur pretty much fucked, but against visibles u got a fighting chance if u play well). but its a real challenge and the feeling u get from winning against the odds is what makes this game worth playing imo.

against non focus caster visables, i stand more than a fighting chance. i would even say that against such a visable i have to fuck up to lose... unfortunately the chances that you`ll get paed by 2 sb`s at the same time in the couryard of a keep owned by your realm, is 100 times larger than the chance to run into a solo warrior in the open field.

qcast root is not helpfull vs an assassin class char who pa`d you. moc pbaoe won`t help you either after you ate PA. moc lifetap might save your skin as a caster, qcast stun might, qcast mezz might, ml 9 pet might.

ice wizards are a highly specialized type caster, totally unsuited to working allone.

i don`t have the pretention to say i solo, no. when i run around with gradi in tow, i effectively duo. ha, even gradi is better suited to solo with :p

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
whinersmincer said:
u do realise that albs if the wanna haste the go buy pots.. and if u make a haste healer there are peps that wanna trade haste buff fore spec buffs thats fore sure so stop the QQ

But mate your arguing is all scewed...

In mid you need 2 buff classes to get haste + buffs (Healer + Shaman)

In Alb you need 2 buff classes to get haste + buffs (Theurge + Cleric)

So by your logic you could just as well lvl a Theurge (and have it on stick) as a cleric on alb because you can always trade haste for buffs later with someone else. So why does everyone run with a Cleric bot and not a Theurge on stick then?

If people did as you said on Mid and lvled a healer bot and used it instead of shaman bots, Mids couldnt get any spec buffs because there wouldnt be anyone to trade specs with. And everyone would want the healer bb since it has DI. (Not to menation the fact that when you die and ress yourself your gonna be useless since you dont have specs)

You are just not making any sense mate. Or are you seriously telling me that you would rather run without specs as a trade of to get DI? (The borrowing of buffs doesnt work better on mid than it would on Alb so dont even go there any more!:)

Im still curious about what your argument is that Shamans/wardens should NOT get DI when Tics and Clerics have it ?

Muylaetrix said:
against non focus caster visables, i stand more than a fighting chance. i would even say that against such a visable i have to fuck up to lose... unfortunately the chances that you`ll get paed by 2 sb`s at the same time in the couryard of a keep owned by your realm, is 100 times larger than the chance to run into a solo warrior in the open field.
But isnt the same thing true for a solo Runemaster? And they dont get to use a DI bot for the above stated reasons. Isnt that making your char with a DI bot abit unfair?

/Charmangle

cmr

Banned
Was considering the exact same thing at the same time lastnight, and also wholdar makes some good points

Was RvRing lastnight, basically all thats out is me, feydigi and illusb and a healer/hunter and some other stealthers, i managed to do one solo run and when i died i saw flames on bled 4 ..... oh how original, didnt see this one coming!

ME and fey duo a bit end up getting zerged plus guards but kiting back and getting a few kills outside nott and clearing the guards thanks to some stealthers helping kill the guards. Then we see flames on the albion bledt4 so we go to check it out, and claim it with me illusb hunter/healer guy, me and fey.... which was about all that was on at the moment

After that the albs just camped the bridge with a minstrel insta stunning whatever came near which then followed with a range of fire things coming from several locations on top of the bridge plus other fun activities. At one time we managed to get in a bridge tower as 3, and they would not come up until 5 minutes later when i presume there timers were up for there fg+ di bots.

Again this is how they are making people log, they know not many enemys out, so they make sure they must get RPs FIRST! GENIUS. so they all camp the bridge and wait, then everytime an enemy comes out they will steam roll it, all night if hes doesnt log.... because hes no choice, dont rvr or get steamrolled because theres no one else on to group with

So fuck knows what goes through there minds when they want to break port? Ok guys, that warrior all 15 of us were chain killing has finally logged after 15 ress sick deaths.... i think we can get him to come out again if we take this tower so it will take him 10 minutes to get down here

But there are other ways where this stupidity pays off, we looped round the back of the heavily camped bled bridge, spotted kinetix and his di bot xD He decided to run to the zerg after we had killed his di bot which saw up and charged ! :p i jumped down in the water but they all went after fey so i was fine, fey wasnt, another 3 stealthers popped on him xD So i was down in the water wondering how the hell i got away when what do i see..... kinetix, this guy must have been in major rp mode or somthing probabaly thinking "yyyyeeeehhhh let me leech the deathblow on brite when the other 5 guys are on him and post it on fh and ill get lots of sexy ladies!"

But however it did not going according to kinetix's plan

"whats this joker doing HAHA, he thinks the zergs down here and he came for his free rps. Not today kinetix! Ding 11L2, cheers you fucking idiot xD"

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
cmr said:
Was considering the exact same thing at the same time lastnight, and also wholdar makes some good points

I actually logged on at the same time as bled t4 was on flames, and tried to get my bb in so I could get buffs and go see if the action was there...but since they took it by the time my bb was logged on I did /qtd instead...

So ofc its stupid as hell to break a port to try and get action out when there just arent enough logged on.

But no one ever said that either realms late night zergers are smart...

I remember about 2 weeks ago at 03.00 or so, I joined a group in our alliance, that were roaming around beno farming anything in sight...(thats game killing in it self, to roam with an opted group at that time, so Im no saint myself)

Beno t4 was unclaimed, and at about 03.30, about 4-5 people in the group wanted to go and take the tower. Now, in my opinion thats just stupid, we had berk, we had nice port, we were already farming the poor solo sods that tried to venture more than 2 seconds from beno door step, why kill even their only way of getting back.

I managed to argue the group into leaving the tower and logging instead...(only to see that some other nonthinking Mid was on the tower since it was burning when I left the game!)

So as Wholdar said, its better to log/go PvE/Camp a bridge or what ever than breaking port at shit'o'clock. But then again Muy is right when he is arguing that not all late nighters are bright enough to grasp such simple concepts...

/Charmangle

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
whinersmincer said:
and u are ?

should i now u ? mayhaps u are one of my sluts ?

Actually, you once followed me about planting posts against me so you should know who I am.

Now, stop acting like a prick as a way to show your forum hard-ego.

Please? :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Hahahahahahaha, roflmao.

I x-realm because I drag a Mid with emotes to your bot you had parked for buffing your pets?

LOL :clap:

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the real problem? Divine intervation? it was live even in old frontiers just with a diffrent name aka battery of life and it was healing all the amount of the dmg taken not after u get lower than 75%.
whats the point on this? there is a bug i think that if u take serious dmg Divine intervation doesnt work (ie. warlocks pre-nerf, high RR full passive fire wizzies/runies etc) not sure if anyone seen this happen but i did.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Quite easy actually (don't see why this causes that much whine) don't fight near keeps, bridges, towers and if you don't know how to see if someone is a Cleric/Druid/Healer then don't attack a duo+.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Castus said:
Illusb SB RR10x

All made pre toa or in stealthzerg then eh? stop ya moaning you`ve been trying to be censi for that long your even typing bs like him now.

This is the biggest BS I've ever read about Illu. When I saw the thread I was like "wtf? Illus is making a nerf post?" =) I mean c'mon, he must be one of the nicest guys here, at least from what I read =)

Well see it that way Illu. DI is a nice insta heal if you play in 8v8 and it has nothing OP'd to it. Removing the LoS check is wrong, cause the LOS is bad enough sometimes, so it can help to use DI if you can't get someone with a single heal.

Just cause some people run DI bots, it doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed =)

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
well..............int this fun,why not put DI on all healer classes,alb,mid n hib,then no complaints.

but thought they was going to do something with the use of BB's,but not done so far.

but dont forget DI does go it,dont last forever.

but this is my view,not to be taken as all albs views.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
chrispy said:
well..............int this fun,why not put DI on all healer classes,alb,mid n hib,then no complaints.

but thought they was going to do something with the use of BB's,but not done so far.

but dont forget DI does go it,dont last forever.

but this is my view,not to be taken as all albs views.

Can we get this in english please?? All I understand is....that you're wrong, cause all healer classes have DI already.

pip

Banned
liloe said:
Can we get this in english please?? All I understand is....that you're wrong, cause all healer classes have DI already.
Means DI is ok cause im a frigin alb?

krall

Fledgling Freddie
This is fun a solo bolter that says he can't win vs 2H PA - conclusion I must have a DI bot stuck to my ass coz I have to win :D U can't win 1vs1 every time and vs every clas. I don't stick a DI bot coz I lost to - lets say - a Arms on caster or a MoC3 LT dude. Why? its not a 1vs1 game, and u can't expect to be able to win vs every class.:touch: Dude u rolled a bolting class
that can nuke the hell out of any 2H sb if he is not in sth - like he can PA and kill u. Its the I have to win thing that makes it all twist up inside your head.

islef

Loyal Freddie
Well he is specced ice mate so no bolts, but apart from that i agree. I REALLY do not understand this argument that it is ok to have a DI bot because you will die from PA... You freaking SHOULD die from PA+ follow ups as a caster. there are ways to get PA'ed less you know, dont run straight lines over bridges, dont camp the same freaking spot for hours.

Saying that you are effectively duo'ing when you have your bot on stick is just...strange, get two players and you are duo'ing.

Why cant people get it into their thick skulls that are some situations you simply should not win, i would like to see some random rr11 charge tank go out with a DI bot on stick sometime. Imagine teh whine, when the caster cant insta kill something by moc'ing with DI 3 up.

Just accept the fact that you should sometimes be in a situation where you should always loose and leave the freaking bot at home!!!

/isle

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Lets all roll alb so we can pve in frontier together.

Can't say I'v run into any DI bot so no frustration there for me, but the breaking port thingie is just stupid.
Removal of all tower missions and RP involved in wen it comes to towers, also removal of tower ranks might fix some of the problem, even thou theres always going to be some fools out there destroying fun for others.

well if albs wan't to port to mid and then run a map to get to rvr, thats fine wit me. so if they keep it up just move iRvR to Glen, let them pve around in Odins for now. since we don't have any relic atm lett them take boat or run there arese off, it's not like we have to....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i agree with censi.

only worthless newbs need to use a DI bot, they are free RPs when DI is down.

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:

I think he was talking about all seer's, fuck me hib would like that one =)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Raise your hands those who want Mythic to implement a class with pbaoe (200.000 radius), plate armor, polearm, charge and DI!

Seems as if everybody wants it easymode now a days.

Challenge is long gone from this game.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Dre@d said:
:p Problem i think is wen u create a alb char u got a 98% of probabilities to become idiot/retarded, that% is quite low on mid/hib tho:p?

If your IQ was larger than your shoe size then you might possibly realise how stupid that comment was :twak: . Continue on in your state of bliss!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So when Mids had Berks/Eras and HIbs had Surs it was OK for mids to constantly take Beno 3 & 4. However not OK for Albs to break port at Bled??

People generally take port away from a zone to draw attention and make the action come to you. Is it really that difficult to get organised and retake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom