IT is time for Divine Intervention to either get nerfed or Line-of-Sight check

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
If you pretend it's two people playing, one of whom is just very stupid it shouldn't rile you up as much..

That would just require having a calm relation to this game.. Something which most people dont have, atleast not those hanging around these boards :p

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
I truely understand Illu's pov on this whole thing.. Been there done that. It gets tedious when the type of chars lowest on the assassin foodchain starts running around with a DI bot.. or BG bot.

What all assassins have going through their head, before they jump a target is:" do i stand a fair chance against this guy?" - And i mean, when you have been standing on bled/beno bridge as a shade only to see, high RR heavy tanks, godly hybrid chars as valks, reavers, tics, casters with a DI stuck to their ass, SMs, BDs pass by.. Well, then you start getting sick and tired of everything tbh.

Almost all the changes Mythic have done in the past regarding FG vs FG rvr, has been a blow to the solo rvr, especially the solo stealther rvr. A shame really, but i would probably done the same to try and ensure the balance and extra utility in FG rvr. Even considering the outcome for solo rvr..

cmr

Banned
Kinetix said:
So your saying that some classes arnt supossed to killed everyone, and that a DI bot is unfair....what about Moc3 on LT classes? what about worelocks? what about BDs?
And at the time i was playing, besides Brite (with a Shammy on stick) there was only 2 hunters and 1sb ( illu) playing, so just cause i dont havea suitable class/dont want to play another class that can fight then on the same grounds i cant drag a bb? If i was a sorc yeah np ml9 pet, Moc3, SoI you name it, wiz cant do shit against it so i really dont find it a fair fight anyways.

i find it really funny when babbybanana was shooting me from far then runing off after i bolted him just to come back later to repeat till i was dead. At least with a bb on stick with DI he could shoot me all he wants.

ROFL at complaining you cant "solo".... lets just copy what i wrote earlier in the thread which shows why people like you use a di3 bot, to cover up there own stupidity

cmr said:
Was considering the exact same thing at the same time lastnight, and also wholdar makes some good points

Was RvRing lastnight, basically all thats out is me, feydigi and illusb and a healer/hunter and some other stealthers, i managed to do one solo run and when i died i saw flames on bled 4 ..... oh how original, didnt see this one coming!

ME and fey duo a bit end up getting zerged plus guards but kiting back and getting a few kills outside nott and clearing the guards thanks to some stealthers helping kill the guards. Then we see flames on the albion bledt4 so we go to check it out, and claim it with me illusb hunter/healer guy, me and fey.... which was about all that was on at the moment

After that the albs just camped the bridge with a minstrel insta stunning whatever came near which then followed with a range of fire things coming from several locations on top of the bridge plus other fun activities. At one time we managed to get in a bridge tower as 3, and they would not come up until 5 minutes later when i presume there timers were up for there fg+ di bots.

Again this is how they are making people log, they know not many enemys out, so they make sure they must get RPs FIRST! GENIUS. so they all camp the bridge and wait, then everytime an enemy comes out they will steam roll it, all night if hes doesnt log.... because hes no choice, dont rvr or get steamrolled because theres no one else on to group with

So fuck knows what goes through there minds when they want to break port? Ok guys, that warrior all 15 of us were chain killing has finally logged after 15 ress sick deaths.... i think we can get him to come out again if we take this tower so it will take him 10 minutes to get down here

But there are other ways where this stupidity pays off, we looped round the back of the heavily camped bled bridge, spotted kinetix and his di bot xD He decided to run to the zerg after we had killed his di bot which saw up and charged ! :p i jumped down in the water but they all went after fey so i was fine, fey wasnt, another 3 stealthers popped on him xD So i was down in the water wondering how the hell i got away when what do i see..... kinetix, this guy must have been in major rp mode or somthing probabaly thinking "yyyyeeeehhhh let me leech the deathblow on brite when the other 5 guys are on him and post it on fh and ill get lots of sexy ladies!"

But however it did not going according to kinetix's plan

"whats this joker doing HAHA, he thinks the zergs down here and he came for his free rps. Not today kinetix! Ding 11L2, cheers you fucking idiot xD"

So yeh i am sorry for grouping with a mate, next time ill run out naked and feed your 2fg bridge camp pro crew rps and make sure every mid does the same or report him to the sotg hotline. Running with the zerg with a DI bot, you dont have a leg to stand on.

Ive used a mates druid for fop and di on animist to get some rps camping bridge, but after a bit its just a hassle running the other account and your not playing the game its more like a job i dont know why people do it, the odd time just to go LOL this is overpowered id understand but doing it permanently.... its sad and you cannot justify it whatsoever. Saying having no cleric in group is an excuse or you have to fight certain classes you cant win without it, is just admitting you cant compete saying that. Why dont you play your cleric if your having trouble getting clerics, hell its high enough rr and toaed, try playing somthing that involves more than bolt bolt nuke

Ive been trying to be active and play a bit especially now bds are going to be not the fotm like when i first started but then you see the playstyle of the people that are out and people like horner getting rr12. It really makes me wonder how fucked up someone can be to go SO far out of their way to be a moron to people.

cmr

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:
Hmmm... The holy grail of honourable playing, Mr. Brite, has spoken.

Respectable players know my playstyle towards them

Zergling pricks like yourself know my playstyle towards them

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
cmr said:
Respectable players know my playstyle towards them

Zergling pricks like yourself know my playstyle towards them

Nah :), I know you were okay on your BD and you would not chain people who had no chance, also saw you you being okay towards me on your Hunter. So stop being so rude, I only made a joke :p.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Manisch Depressiv said:
Nah :), I know you were okay on your BD and you would not chain people who had no chance, also saw you you being okay towards me on your Hunter. So stop being so rude, I only made a joke :p.

wether you like it or not there was a great deal of sarcasm in your post so i guess his flame is fair

cmr

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:

dont recall ever seeing you on my hunter, nor on my bd for that matter

sarcasm or not you really do post some rubbish, take for instance about how maelstrom have been zerging you in recent weeks when im the only semi-active player atm. How you chain killed my bd with a sorc and my hunter aswell aparently i could search all your posts for some comical quotes but i cant be bothered..... whatever makes you happy

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
I hate all these people that GROUP WITH 7 OTHER PEOPLE that's just plain unfair!

ahahah omg :D

you sooo deserve a rep for that one :worthy:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
cmr said:
dont recall ever seeing you on my hunter, nor on my bd for that matter

sarcasm or not you really do post some rubbish, take for instance about how maelstrom have been zerging you in recent weeks when im the only semi-active player atm. How you chain killed my bd with a sorc and my hunter aswell aparently i could search all your posts for some comical quotes but i cant be bothered..... whatever makes you happy

Not my problem you have a bad memory. No need to drag Maelstrom into it, as far as I know you were only the monkey-on-call-to-stick-to-a-bainshee-and-press-insta-lifetap anyway.

As for honourable playing, yes, you are a ****, sitting under water with half a dozen WLs and BDs or playing a BD to high RR >>> some random noob with DI3.

So your whine is once again useless.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
cmr said:
ROFL at complaining you cant "solo".... lets just copy what i wrote earlier in the thread which shows why people like you use a di3 bot, to cover up there own stupidity

Quote flim: I hate all these people that GROUP WITH 7 OTHER PEOPLE that's just plain unfair!

Hey you can run with a friend, ill run with a friend also. And rofl at your "friend", strangly he never moved while you were moving....:wanker:

As for the covering shit, play a decent class that actually needs more skill then to run around, while pressing 1 button nsta life tap having 2 pets healing and 1 hiting and then you can talk.

illu

Part of the furniture
Wow.

My moment of frustration has given some interesting debate and comments.

The last page is starting to be girls handbag swinging but all threads end that way.

I still believe DI should either be toned down - maybe DI1.5 being the limit (hell healers - work for your RP!) or maybe DI should only work in groups of 4 or more.
The Line of Sight check would also be "fair" I think. What's with the bullshit of being able to cast through walls anyway?

I don't expect to win lots of fights - like someone mentioned - I just like to have a "chance". The way the game is going - if I'm finding it hard to kill ANYTHING at RR10, what chance has a poor new shadowblade or assassin got?

Also I hear all the time that I should be able to 2h PA kill most casters in 1 shot Chuck Norris style. The reality of this is that 2h is too slow and you lose too much utility. And the only targets that you will kill are very low RR solo casters - if you are lucky.
What happens most of the time is that you line up your PA and miss. OR you line up your PA on a lovely CLOTH caster and hit them full whack for 250 on the PA, 200 on the CD and 150 on the SS. I mean like what the hell is happening there? PA is meant to be the most devastating attack and 1 spell from a caster or 1 hit from Kagato hits for over 600+ in reply! It's insane.

So once you land your PA CD SS - You drop your poisonspike - you start cycling your weaps with poisons on the poor puny caster - and they either:
a) Moc+LT kill you (you can vanish but 50% of the time you WILL pop straight out)
b) put a pet on you then maybe ML9 it
c) SoI
d) run into range of DI bot

etc etc

I wasn't trying to whine originally - I was trying to point out how unbalanced the game is and how the assassins life is getting harder and harder.

I still feel sorry for visible soloers - but then at least there is possibly the option of 8v8 play for you.

I don't team up with other stealthers as I don't like "cheap" kills. If there is no chance to die - the game is like cheatmode - it loses its fun and fast.

And the last thing - I think it kept getting mentioned - What should my 2fg of albs do at 2am when there are 4 or 5 mids left in the frontier?
Simple.
Let us be able to port near you so that we can at least have fights and probably be steamrolled - but at least we can be back quick. If you break our port to make us have to go 10 mins to have a fight that we are more than likely going to lose - what do you think will happen? We're not going to give free RP.
If there are only a few people left on - what normally happens is the game just becomes a little duelling for fun tournament, where everyone has the chance to make RP and maybe practice fighting against classes they wouldn't usually.
But if you insist sticking together in a 2fg v 4 man group, then the population difference is the problem and that cannot be solved.

Oli - Illu

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
I am fed up with the amount of people I ALMOST kill, for them to get in range of a effing DI Bot that instantly heals them to 100%.

What the hell are soloers meant to be able to kill????

I swear every Alb has a DI Bot stuck to his arse or close by - then you get the pricks that /rofl you even though its taken 3 to kill you + a DI Bot.

Fed up.

They need to change DI.
Either
a) SCRAP IT and let healers have to heal properly
or
b) Make a Line of Sight check when it tries to heal so that people can't camp in towers any more

Albs just run around breaking Bled port when we have NO relics, pissing up any RvR in the area YET AGAIN, the middies that were playing logged, there were 25, then Bled4 was taken instantly dropping players to 12 (including buffbots).
Then Horner+DI Bot took Bled4 again killing me again, so feel free to tug yourselves off to more PvE and guards.

I believe ALBS are single handedly killing RvR on the Server with their mindless steamrolling and killing off any slight fun there is to be had by breaking ports. You honestly think I feel like taking a boat to Bled from Glen when I am outnumbered - at 2am when my bed is calling? Are you stupid? I'll come if I can instaport and try a few pointless attacks even if I am outnumbered. Break the port and you can play by yourself.

They'll only learn once everyone has left.

Oli - Illu

I know its childish but been wanting to do this for so long now....

LOOK LIKE SOMEONE GOT WTF PWNED!!!!!!

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Sollac said:
I know its childish but been wanting to do this for so long now....

LOOK LIKE SOMEONE GOT WTF PWNED!!!!!!

Looks like someone is becoming more retarded every single day!!!!!

\o/

Same old same old.

Casters are doing too much DPS thats the main problem in this game.

Nerf dmg 200% and they can have whatever shit they got: perma intercept pets, moc3+ lifetap, Soi+ml9 pets hitting for 600, Brittles, BT, Di3 bots, BG bots, stunn chickens, healing pets, pd5, OPed/iwin rr5s..you name it.
All this combined with the highest DPS in the game is as everyone know, plain wrong.

Mythic caved in after the casters whine about "Dark age of Tank alot"... Atleast you didn't die in 4-5 secons back then..I mean nowadays 1-2 secs of lag often mean life and death vs any casters these days...hardly a solid ruleset to build a MMORPG around.

Quite laughable,
yes sir.

:touch:

/P.S, A mere question...what happend to the idea of casters as utility / libro classes? I mean their utlity hardly got nerfed after their dmg was upped sky high compared to tanks as previous DPS in the old days...? Any thoughts about that?

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
And the last thing - I think it kept getting mentioned - What should my 2fg of albs do at 2am when there are 4 or 5 mids left in the frontier?
Simple.
Let us be able to port near you so that we can at least have fights and probably be steamrolled - but at least we can be back quick. If you break our port to make us have to go 10 mins to have a fight that we are more than likely going to lose - what do you think will happen? We're not going to give free RP.
If there are only a few people left on - what normally happens is the game just becomes a little duelling for fun tournament, where everyone has the chance to make RP and maybe practice fighting against classes they wouldn't usually.
But if you insist sticking together in a 2fg v 4 man group, then the population difference is the problem and that cannot be solved.

Oli - Illu

Us albs have been arguing this point for bloody years.....
First thing you mids do is cut all ports and then raped our fair country side....

now the show is on the other foot you complain about it. fair enuff.

As for Di, its one of the things that should be remobved from the game I agree.

same as , Hunter pets, Insta cast spells (all of em), mastery of stealth and
buff bots as a whole.

Sollac the argument "You did it 4 years ago so it is okey for us to do it now" is old, its childish and its narrowminded.

:/

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
so if i choose to duo with a friend who happens to be a caster on my druid and we kill people solo then thats not fair.

when ever i see a BOT character in rvr i go YAYA free rps because while that person is a bot they arnt an active healer being separate to that of the caster.

I would be more concerned with people playing active characters that can kite or dd or smite or stun than a bot that has just buffed them. AND may be able to get some healing involved.

I dont see why stealthers or anyone should think they can kill 2 people when they are solo. If you see 2 people running together you kill the healer DI doesnt work for it. If you are lucky the tool caster hasnt realised you have Snared/deseased his precious bot and when the bot dies and the caster looses all of his buffs. Then your friend can pa him.

There you go you both get maximum rps and the botted person gets none.

The difference between a di abot and a buffbot is that at least you can kill a di bot you cant kill a buffbot.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
illu said:
Also I hear all the time that I should be able to 2h PA kill most casters in 1 shot Chuck Norris style. The reality of this is that 2h is too slow and you lose too much utility. And the only targets that you will kill are very low RR solo casters - if you are lucky.
What happens most of the time is that you line up your PA and miss. OR you line up your PA on a lovely CLOTH caster and hit them full whack for 250 on the PA, 200 on the CD and 150 on the SS. I mean like what the hell is happening there? PA is meant to be the most devastating attack and 1 spell from a caster or 1 hit from Kagato hits for over 600+ in reply! It's insane.

So once you land your PA CD SS - You drop your poisonspike - you start cycling your weaps with poisons on the poor puny caster - and they either:
a) Moc+LT kill you (you can vanish but 50% of the time you WILL pop straight out)

i think the trick to use for maximun effect is to only do the PA 2handed and the CD already with the normal 2 hand weapons.

casters only taking 250 damage from a PA doesn`t sound realistic to me.

illu

Part of the furniture
Awarkle said:
so if i choose to duo with a friend who happens to be a caster on my druid and we kill people solo then thats not fair.

when ever i see a BOT character in rvr i go YAYA free rps because while that person is a bot they arnt an active healer being separate to that of the caster.

I would be more concerned with people playing active characters that can kite or dd or smite or stun than a bot that has just buffed them. AND may be able to get some healing involved.

I dont see why stealthers or anyone should think they can kill 2 people when they are solo. If you see 2 people running together you kill the healer DI doesnt work for it. If you are lucky the tool caster hasnt realised you have Snared/deseased his precious bot and when the bot dies and the caster looses all of his buffs. Then your friend can pa him.

There you go you both get maximum rps and the botted person gets none.

The difference between a di abot and a buffbot is that at least you can kill a di bot you cant kill a buffbot.

I'd just like to point out at this point that I fought Scarlatina the Cleric DI Bot Extraordinaire the other day with Horner out of the fight (god knows where he was) and I could not manage to kill him due to the amount of heals he was getting/giving himself. I have no idea how or what he had or was doing, but I bashed on him for what felt like an eternity, and at the end of a lot of damage, he eventually jumped off the tower into the water and retreated to the safety of patrolling guards.
So even trying to kill the DI Bots is a mission in itself :)

I'll be happy when they nerf DI or do like the suggestion change the pool according to group size, when they increase PA so that targets can actually be killed as opposed to feeling like I am hitting them with a feather (44CS+20 and 44LA+20 should hit a caster for more than 200) and when they fix vanish. And siegewrecker. And infil stealther guards going through keep walls. And BG Bots that make casters melee immune. And necro pets that are blue con but somehow you can't shake them off and they hit me for 250 a go while I reply with 40-50?
Remind me while I play this game again? :>
Ah yes - to reach RR11 and get 2000 solo kills........

Oli - Illu

illu

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
i think the trick to use for maximun effect is to only do the PA 2handed and the CS already with the normal 2 hand weapons.

casters only taking 250 damage from a PA doesn`t sound realistic to me.

I will take some screenies over the next week to show some of the PAs normal shadowblades get (even though I am specced 44CS). You'd be very surprised.
To get super high PAs - I really don't know what you would need. Perhaps 50CS, 50 weap, highest Str possible and MoP5.

In todays game - I think it would be very interesting to see what people PA for on moving targets that are level50. The enemies defences just seem to be getting harder and harder to breach, so are PA's of 1500 still possible? I think my average PA is maybe 300 or so taking into account fighting assassins and casters.

It would be good to see some input from other shadowblades about PA.

Oli - Illu

PS If you open with a 2h PA, by the time you swap and change to 2x1h for the CD - you will either have the target out of sight or you will be mezzed or stunned.

islef

Loyal Freddie
Awark, if you run a duo where both players are active that is just fine imo. What i find to be utterly stupid is the guys running around with their DI bot in tow to gain an advantage over the classes that SHOULD be able to kill them. I really really fail to see why some casters here cry that they die when they get PA'ed.. Stealthers are caster killers, they should be able to win against 1 when they land their most powerful style.
All classes have matchups that they will do better or worse against, but some people just cannot handle the fact that they die sometimes. Strangly enough it seems, these players dont want to grp a cleric or adjust the playstyle. No they /stick the DI bot so they can get max arpees and feel almighty on their own.
All you DI bot buggers that run around with them on stick should try to grasp the fact that the things you claim to be valid reasons can easily be avoided 90% of the time, and so there really is no need for the DI bot.

I dont care for the people who drag their bot to a tower and camp it or those who have it inside the keep.. no, what bothers me are the guys that drag along everywhere they go.

Is it your wet dream to get ported to a lvl 40 BG and wtf pwn with your lvl 50 ml10 RRxx chr? To me that would seem just as big a challenge.

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
Hey you can run with a friend, ill run with a friend also. And rofl at your "friend", strangly he never moved while you were moving....:wanker:

Well i was playing the shaman had a shitty hangover all day was slow on inc and stuff the 1st time we meet you that night we was following one sroc/bot and u came from the side if i recall it right. Then one mincer and merc showed up we died 2rd time you was dead in 3 sec so there was no need for me to even unstick. (strangly he never moved while you were moving....:wanker: ) Not sure what you saying here are you calling me a wanker or brite :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom