IT is time for Divine Intervention to either get nerfed or Line-of-Sight check

illu

Part of the furniture
I am fed up with the amount of people I ALMOST kill, for them to get in range of a effing DI Bot that instantly heals them to 100%.

What the hell are soloers meant to be able to kill????

I swear every Alb has a DI Bot stuck to his arse or close by - then you get the pricks that /rofl you even though its taken 3 to kill you + a DI Bot.

Fed up.

They need to change DI.
Either
a) SCRAP IT and let healers have to heal properly
or
b) Make a Line of Sight check when it tries to heal so that people can't camp in towers any more

Albs just run around breaking Bled port when we have NO relics, pissing up any RvR in the area YET AGAIN, the middies that were playing logged, there were 25, then Bled4 was taken instantly dropping players to 12 (including buffbots).
Then Horner+DI Bot took Bled4 again killing me again, so feel free to tug yourselves off to more PvE and guards.

I believe ALBS are single handedly killing RvR on the Server with their mindless steamrolling and killing off any slight fun there is to be had by breaking ports. You honestly think I feel like taking a boat to Bled from Glen when I am outnumbered - at 2am when my bed is calling? Are you stupid? I'll come if I can instaport and try a few pointless attacks even if I am outnumbered. Break the port and you can play by yourself.

They'll only learn once everyone has left.

Oli - Illu

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
But they're nice irl and pay their subs.. or not?:p Problem i think is wen u create a alb char u got a 98% of probabilities to become idiot/retarded, that% is quite low on mid/hib tho:p and looks like in Uk cluster that % got an extra bonus added :p
I know u are a honourable player, that likes to solo and fair fights, so question is, why u keep playing on uk cluster?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
nothing you can do i am afraid, if it gets to much the only option is to quit, this is what these idiots want, they want a nice clean frontier to pve in.

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Just becuase you play 'fair' you do not have to drag DI into a 'nerf' discussion. It's not the tool that they use that should be nerfed it's their playstyle.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
illu said:

well, here is the coreissue. You arent really meant to solo. Look at all the changes since 1.4x and tell me I'm wrong :) Dont get me wrong, I think solo rocks IF the environment supports it, sadly this is not the case anymore hence I stopped doing it.

illu said:
I swear every Alb has a DI Bot stuck to his arse or close by - then you get the pricks that /rofl you even though its taken 3 to kill you + a DI Bot.

generally mids arent so much better I'm afraid. many many midstealthers for example are primeexamples of how to play as bad as possible and instead of improving skillwise, bring more numbers and after pwning a solo with 6, /rofl etc is obligatory. See it this way, they are handicapped by their own minds and perhaps just cannot compete without a DIbot or 5 friends. If you get worked up over it, take a break.

illu said:
They need to change DI.
Either
or
b) Make a Line of Sight check when it tries to heal so that people can't camp in towers any more

well a) is a good alternative imo but.. all the lousy players would cry their eyes out and Mythic just wont let that happen.

illu said:
They'll only learn once everyone has left.Oli - Illu

sadly, they wont, like grasshoppers they will just move over to the next field to scavenge on. Dont give these players so much credit, they are scum and well.. a redneck hillbilly living in a trailerpark is kindof my mental image of a player like Horner. That alone gives me a smile and I can move on without getting too worked up :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
if it wears a hat and holds a stick it is not interested in competative RVR...

if it wears a hat and holds a stick and has a rog'd warder stuck to its arse, it is not interested in competative RVR and suxs balls.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
censi said:

if it wears a hat and holds a stick and has a rog'd warder stuck to its arse, it is not interested in competative RVR and suxs balls.

What if the player actually is duo'ing with a cleric that shockingly have DI 3? :p

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:

yes because 8vs8 groups dont run casters -.- i got 3 casters myself, or 4 if you count my eld aswell

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
illu said:
I am fed up with the amount of people I ALMOST kill, for them to get in range of a effing DI Bot that instantly heals them to 100%.

i guess i am just as guilty as the next person of dragging a DI bot around with me. i guess that makes me very hard to kill for a solo non caster... :/

I think true solo play for stealhers is just too frustrating. the time of solo stealth as far as i am concerned as a competitive tool is over. if stealhers want to compete, they have to group. imho. or they have to be very good and need a bit of luck. the odds are just too much against a soloer.

illu said:
They need to change DI.
Either
or

scraping DI could potentially mean the end of the game. with the current potential to deliver soo much higher burst DPS than in the starting years, 2 healers a group would just not be enough, and the average PuG strugles to find even 1 half decent healer.

technically di is a group heal. not a single group heal has a LoS check, only a radius check.

illu said:
Albs just run around breaking Bled port when we have NO relics, pissing up any RvR in the area YET AGAIN, the middies that were playing logged, there were 25, then Bled4 was taken instantly dropping players to 12 (including buffbots).

ok, i am trying to be as serious as possible now.

what are albs suposed to do ? who are we suposed to fight ? what are we still allowed to do ?

we can either :

a) run around in our own fronteer, but nobody to kill there except for soloers and stuff. no good.

b) take a BG with more people in it then the hibs have online to hibernia and pawn hibernia and take ALL the relics without working up a sweat ? no good.

c) stay in midgard and fight with the mids ? they seem too demoralized and lost the fighting spirit. we can either just defend nott, but that would not be ok because having 50 albs in Notts and 30 mids in odin's would only leed to nothing happening. if the albs do more than defend nott, mids are unhappy because we break ports and they have too hard a time to get back to the fight. if we take meaningless towers (blendrake, hlidskaif) mids ignore us till we evacuate the the place searching for a place where there is action.

as an alb, i have no idea where i can take my lads anymore at the moment ?

what are albs suposed to do ? level alts ?

illu said:
Then Horner+DI Bot took Bled4 again killing me again, so feel free to tug yourselves off to more PvE and guards.

I believe ALBS are single handedly killing RvR on the Server with their mindless steamrolling and killing off any slight fun there is to be had by breaking ports. You honestly think I feel like taking a boat to Bled from Glen when I am outnumbered - at 2am when my bed is calling? Are you stupid? I'll come if I can instaport and try a few pointless attacks even if I am outnumbered. Break the port and you can play by yourself.

Oli - Illu

i think i all too well understand your frustration, but at the same time i ask you, what is the alb horde suposed to do ?

i think realmhoppers (people who change realm on the fly to get max possible benefit) are the ones who doing the real damage as they are blowing any possible advantage a realm has out of proportion by doubling that realms numbers overnight.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
i think i all too well understand your frustration, but at the same time i ask you, what is the alb horde suposed to do ?

Sorry, but am I understanding you right - but there is some strange mystical force that just forces you to break ports? Or what? I don´t quite get it.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Illusb SB RR10x

All made pre toa or in stealthzerg then eh? stop ya moaning you`ve been trying to be censi for that long your even typing bs like him now.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Kinag said:
What if the player actually is duo'ing with a cleric that shockingly have DI 3? :p

You're talking about the most active cleric on the server - Scarlatina!

Right!?! :D

pip

Banned
Di sucks end of, seers should play hardmode end of:) and illu just do what i do team zerg end of:) get a mate to fz the di bot ftw.People that run with a di bot should just be zerged out the fooking game end of.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
nothing you can do i am afraid, if it gets to much the only option is to quit, this is what these idiots want, they want a nice clean frontier to pve in.

indeed.

i agree with you raven, myself i also have a hard time understanding why the community as awhole keeps working for the destruction of the game..

no one wants the servers to shut down, but we all know its the ultimate solution that WILL happen if this keeps on going.

i wonder if these people who adopts a "lame" playstyle, DI bots, nightraiding ect ect are thinking about what the consequence of their playstyle is causing other players aswell as themselfs.

i mean, what good is the glory of domination and honour in a game that dosnt exist?

Will you go to Warhammer online when daoc is dead and say "i rawked s00 much in daoc! dude.. i was liek rr11 and had taken over 1 million towers and stuffz"... i mean.. i would for sure laugh my ass off.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Wholdar said:
Sorry, but am I understanding you right - but there is some strange mystical force that just forces you to break ports? Or what? I don´t quite get it.

no, i am just asking what to do as an alb when nobody wants to come out and play with you. to get action we need to go in the offensive most of the time. the numerically inferior will by defenition not attack the numerically superior force. so that leaves : go take stuff to atract attention or go pve.

what are we still allowed to attack ?

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
i guess i am just as guilty as the next person of dragging a DI bot around with me. i guess that makes me very hard to kill for a solo non caster... :/

I think true solo play for stealhers is just too frustrating.

the odds are just too much against a soloer.

lol :D The odds are against a soloer? I really can't grasp how people can be such hypocrits. Fine, run around with a DI bot stuck to your noob ass because you cannot compete otherwise, but be a fucking man about it and admit that it's actually you fucking up the solo game by having a godmode bot stuck to you and don't blame it on the fucking odds.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
no, i am just asking what to do as an alb when nobody wants to come out and play with you. to get action we need to go in the offensive most of the time. the numerically inferior will by defenition not attack the numerically superior force. so that leaves : go take stuff to atract attention or go pve.

what are we still allowed to attack ?

So, you think you´ll get more people out to fight you if you make it harder for them to get there?

Are you kidding? I just can´t grasp your logic.

You can attack whatever you want, but each action has something that come from it. So.. if you want action, enemies to fight... think hard now.. how do you think you can make them come out (you know, there ARE people that want to RvR in other realms than Albion, belive it or not) ... is the proper thing to do.. to make it harder for them to get to the action?

.. sorry, I just don´t get it.

I could sort of gotten your logic if there was something to defend, like bledmeer keep to keep you from opening relic gates.. but if you already have the relic, why should you taking ports get more enemies to come out? I just dont get it.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Wholdar said:
I could sort of gotten your logic if there was something to defend, like bledmeer keep to keep you from opening relic gates.. but if you already have the relic, why should you taking ports get more enemies to come out? I just dont get it.

then what are we still suposed to do except to retreat in PVE ?

we outnumber, we have your relics, we don't get action waiting for the other realms to atack us, so we get bored and start attacking more stuff.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
illu said:

Oli - Illu

Once again, good whine and those changes you asked for should be implemented, but the idiots you are refering to are still in every realm. No point saying Albs are killing the server because you play a Mid.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
DI whine and Alb whine in the same post, your getting good shortie !

Seriously though DI is a pain for solo, but it is a vital tool for active clerics as well, and the range of it is fairly short.

If your having problems with DI bots all you can do is NOT attack someone with a cleric stuck to their arse and don't attack people close to a tower where they are likely to have bot's hidden in.

However your line of sight idea isn't bad either, and might help a bit, but you'll get alot of active healer classes whining.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
GrivneKelmorian said:
indeed.

i agree with you raven, myself i also have a hard time understanding why the community as awhole keeps working for the destruction of the game..

no one wants the servers to shut down, but we all know its the ultimate solution that WILL happen if this keeps on going.

i wonder if these people who adopts a "lame" playstyle, DI bots, nightraiding ect ect are thinking about what the consequence of their playstyle is causing other players aswell as themselfs.

i mean, what good is the glory of domination and honour in a game that dosnt exist?

Will you go to Warhammer online when daoc is dead and say "i rawked s00 much in daoc! dude.. i was liek rr11 and had taken over 1 million towers and stuffz"... i mean.. i would for sure laugh my ass off.

While Illu has the right to talk about lame playstyles you surely have not.

Fucking idiot.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Sollers said:
lol :D The odds are against a soloer? I really can't grasp how people can be such hypocrits. Fine, run around with a DI bot stuck to your noob ass because you cannot compete otherwise, but be a fucking man about it and admit that it's actually you fucking up the solo game by having a godmode bot stuck to you and don't blame it on the fucking odds.

i never claimed to be a good player. i never claimed to play solo. at best you'll find myself 'duoing' with my bot. most often i run around with a PuG mostly made up out of people from my own guild and a few friends. Often gradi is the only semi active healer in a whole group.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
then what are we still suposed to do except to retreat in PVE ?

Ehh.. so now you´re AGAIN saying that there is some magical force that forces you to take the ports? If there are not enough enemies - you are just driven by this magical force to make sure there will be even less?

Honestly Muylaetrix, I don´t quite get it. If the EU-cluster suffers from lack of enemies from an alb point of view.. YES - you MAY HAVE TO RESORT to pve if you have to play the game. ESPECIALLY if you drive all the opponents away from the frontier by making sure it´s as hard as possible for them to get some action.

YES - then PVE will be all you have left.

Logic, Muyla, nothing less or more than that. You do see it, don´t you? So your action meant to make sure enemies come out actually have the EXACT OPPOSITE effect. You realize that, don´t you?

I´m not telling you how to play the game, or when to. Just trying to make you understand that your action have the exact opposite effect of what you´re trying to achive.

If there is low RVR-activity, isn´t it a bad idea to kill of the last of it?

(yes, I realize I´m repeating myself, but I´m trying real hard to make sure you actually grasp what I´m writing).

Play however you want - but realize your actions has effects. And when you´ve killed off the last rvr-action, don´t come crying here or ask GOA about help when it comes to population-issues. Please realize you are actually making sure less people play in the frontier when you do what you do.

Now - I haven´t been playing for about 2 weeks, so I can´t say who´s been doing what - but thats beside the point. In a frontier of a realm without any relics - the way to make sure enemies come out is NOT to kill off the ports. I PROMISE YOU. That will just DIMINISH the numbers coming out. PLEASE realize that.

Now - the cure for this? No idea.. but maybe people will start going out in RvR if it´s easier? If noone makes sure it takes them at least 10 minutes to get to any action?

.. just think about it Muyla. Please, thats all I´m asking.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i didn't go around breaking ports after friday night. so maybe you are preaching to the wrong person. I'm all up for anything that that brings more people to the fronteer.

unfortunately there is NOTHING one can do as an alb to improve this situation unless it is to retreat to pve untill mids have their relics back and albs lost their own relics.

unfortunately most of the time i like killing mid and hibs more than i like killing mobs.

tell me, who are we suposed to attack and what are we still allowed to attack ?

you think it is strange that bored albs start attacking npc's because there is nothing else to kill ? it might not be productive in general... but if the numerical superior force runs out of things to kill, they WILL attack npc's.

let me say again, i do not promote this behaviour, but i think it is a natural (not a healthy) result of the situation where too many albs have too few thing to kill, get bored and attack npc's out of boredom and in the hope that flames will atract mids.

/ironny on

we could ofc try camp svasud. that way no mids can complain about having to run too far back to get to the action after he gets killed.

/ironny off.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
i never claimed to be a good player. i never claimed to play solo. at best you'll find myself 'duoing' with my bot. most often i run around with a PuG mostly made up out of people from my own guild and a few friends. Often gradi is the only semi active healer in a whole group.

I never claimed you claimed to be a good player or soloer. I do claim that you're a hypocrit for ruining the solo-game by 'duo-ing' with your DI bot and then blaming it on 'the odds'. Moreover, you have been pestering other people in this game so long, and now that they finally buggered off you pester the few ones left even more by doing the stuff described here in this post while defending your actions by saying "Ohh but I am le bored, what else am I zupposed to do?".

So again, it's hypocracy above anything else.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:

at rr 11 u realy got no excuse to run with a di bot stuck to your ass.. no one forces u to run through df killing everything u see mid side with ya bot stuck to your ass...always excuses.. .its easy mode end of.... tbh though at the end of the day it works for you so why not..

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
unfortunately there is NOTHING one can do as an alb to improve this situation unless it is to retreat to pve untill mids have their relics back and albs lost their own relics.

You know, I was once told that people like fighting worthy and fair playing opponents and that they may just come back for another round even when they get killed because they just may win the next time when they change tactics. Maybe you could give that a try and become such an opponent? Or are you finally gonna say that in fact you don't give a rat's ass and really only want easy realmpoints?

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
tell me, who are we suposed to attack and what are we still allowed to attack ?

Did you read my post?

ATTACK WHATEVER YOU WANT!
BUT REALIZE YOUR ACTIONS HAS EFFECTS!

If all your attacks gives is less enemies - maybe then you shouldnt attack at all? PVE a bit till enemy-numbers go up?

This is the EXACT problem the cluster has been struggling with for a long time. People get bored! Some stay and try to fight with whats left, some stay and try to get it harder for people still playing to get to the action, some get so bored with the situation that they roll other servers to get more action.

Some quit. Some take a break and hope the action goes up.

But I tell you - KILLING OF PORTS IN MID WILL BE COUNTERPRODUCTIVE - IF your goal is to get more mids out.

That was the whole point of the post.

Me myself am playing US since 1 1/2 week, but since I love my mid-chars I hope action picks up on the EU-cluster when LOTM arrives, or when they manage to cluster Dyvet with german server. I got bored - just like you - and my current action was to play with fellow guildies on US instead of being alone in my mid-alliance.

How you cope with you being bored is your thing to handle. Just try to think about how you do it, and what effect it has.

Don´t give me the "So what can I attack then"-line again please. Attack whatever you want - as I´ve said 100 times now. But realize your actions has effects. Please.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
funneh thread some amazing turns of logic in here I can tell you!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
lpep said:
at rr 11 u realy got no excuse to run with a di bot stuck to your ass.. no one forces u to run through df killing everything u see mid side with ya bot stuck to your ass...always excuses.. .its easy mode end of.... tbh though at the end of the day it works for you so why not..

when i am in DF, i stand no chance whatsoever to make it solo to hib or mid side with the wiz.

DF gets nice after a few kills and i don't run in soloers anymore but people start to group up and hunt me.

when am in DF, i am more likely to leave a solo grey con alive than i am likely to kill it.

quetion, a lot of caster have a summonable or controlable pet that they can use ml 9 with. i wonder what is harder to beat, a solo sorc with a buffed ML pet or an ice wiz who duos with a di bot ? do you consider a caster with a buffed ml pet solo ?

When i am out on my rr 3 tic, i am solo. i lose most everything, but i stand a chance. and i keep trying.

When i am out on my rr 2 level 49 friar (made ove the last 2 weeks, to much time in rvr that i think i am better of trying to level the friar instead of kicking a realm that is already down), i am solo, i lose EVERY fight, and untill i am level 50 and got my gear, ml's, and stuff sorted i stand absolutely no chance vs anyone in rvr. but i don't mind, i pay the price for learning to play the char and i pay the price for playing with an unfinished char.

When i am out on my wiz i prefer not to solo. even at rr 11l2, i have like 6 solo kills. even my frigging BB has more solo kills. ice wizards are NOT suited to solo, i don't try. the tic and friar are suited for solo, and i try.

i try solo once in a while with the wiz, but most of the time i just end up beeing free rp for any stealher or any caster with stun, mezz, ns or lifedrain... i guess i don't mind trying once in a while and give some rp's back to those solo stealthers and tanks that stand so little chance when i am grouped with BB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom