IT is time for Divine Intervention to either get nerfed or Line-of-Sight check

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
charmangle said:
You have an instant heal on your bot...use it and your at 100% again...
(unless you for some mysterious reason specced in smite...also, if you are smart you spec your bot 44/30/8, since Alb buffbots cap all their player buffs at that spec), that way you have 2 instas to use and spreadheal if you need. So 1 shotting you as jumper with a DI bot is kinda hard...

/Charmangle

42 (a few points worth of str/con less, a few points AF less) / 30 (spreadheal !!!)/ 15 (pbaoe insta mezz, it even sticks sometimes). only 8 smite is soo boring, 15 + 20 smite gives a few nice toys and a minimum punch on the baseline smite. and yes there are the 2 instas, only one (group one) is usable on someone who falls (lol) down and out of LoS.

yes, sure, but does that make her more than just a BB on stick ? does that make a diff ? i don`t solo on the wiz. most of the time i don`t even duo with the bot much as 95% of the time i am grouped with 1 or more guildies anyway. at that time i am probably : driver, main assist, main dps AND main healer, and more often than not, lol, main CC`er (halelujah for that root).

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Nah m8, it was a fucking band aid to cover the over the top damage we face nowadays. Pretty much like the new Hots they handing out left and right.
They shoulda have lowered dmg across the board of 25-35% imo.
Just fell off my chair at work in shock.I actually agree with something you`ve typed! Gahn for MOD!

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
You used to be a top bloke. I guess getting RR8 and spending too much time in the company of arseholes has changed you huh.

I have my limits like anyone else here. DI bots are one of those limits.

I can handle MOC3 lifetap. DI bots no. Otherwise I am pretty much the same geezer.

I mean seriously Marc are you going to tell me that running around with a DI bot is somehow ok and legitimate which after all is what these people are trying to say? Are you with them on this or is your comment another one from the top of the wall?

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think the removal of the DI would have that higher impact on FgvsFg. And the new incomming patches will make it even more obsolete (sp??) for several reasons. But i can agree that the DI removal would hurt more albs and hibs than mids.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
What's the big whine?

Don't fight right next to a tower...

If someone has a DI bot - bring a friend. Then it's 2vs2 and all's fair...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sharkith said:
I have my limits like anyone else here. DI bots are one of those limits.

I can handle MOC3 lifetap. DI bots no. Otherwise I am pretty much the same geezer.

I mean seriously Marc are you going to tell me that running around with a DI bot is somehow ok and legitimate which after all is what these people are trying to say? Are you with them on this or is your comment another one from the top of the wall?

I hate all these people that GROUP WITH 7 OTHER PEOPLE that's just plain unfair!

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
What's the big whine?

It's not like you can avoid towers/bridges/keeps in new frontiers...At least with this population.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Dard said:
I dont think it would ruin fg rvr tbh, dont think it would have any impact on fg rvr at all tbh, its more of a crutch than anything imo.

I have DI2 on Oshi ( & have had DI 3) but i wouldnt lose any sleep if it was removed from the RA list, in fact i'd gladly see it gone just to f*ck up people that use DI bots :)

It brings some nice utility to the grps imho.. It means that the start of the fight might not be as crucial as they used to be. It means that a healer can pop up DI and do something else important for a short period of time, i.e. shear/mezz/demezz whatever. All in all i think its a nice extra utility to have in groups. And its not that extremely uber in FGvsFG fights, since there will dished out more damage than just 2k or 3k damage in most fights..

Well "ruin" is perhaps not the right word. but still :p

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
What's the big whine?

you didnt get the point either , its like every alb joining thread make this mistake , try read up maybe :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Septima said:
It's not like you can avoid towers/bridges/keeps in new frontiers...At least with this population.

tbh the within range 2000 of a tower and run back is a bit cheesy... but that's only really possible if you're fighting them on their end of the bridge and they are seriously good at running away :p

in which case you bring a friend and kill them faster...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
I hate all these people that GROUP WITH 7 OTHER PEOPLE that's just plain unfair!

Woot such a constructive comment Flim! xD

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
tbh the within range 2000 of a tower and run back is a bit cheesy... but that's only really possible if you're fighting them on their end of the bridge and they are seriously good at running away :p

in which case you bring a friend and kill them faster...

Uhm not that bots can be parked only in main keeps ya know :/

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
dub said:
you didnt get the point either , its like every alb joining thread make this mistake , try read up maybe :)

Please explain then ;) the point to me looks like someone is bitter they can't kill what is effectively half of a duo by themselves...

But then again we've had a thread whining about almost every other ability in the game :)

Roll on the "fs crossbow!" thread imo.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
Please explain then ;) the point to me looks like someone is bitter they can't kill what is effectively half of a duo by themselves...

But then again we've had a thread whining about almost every other ability in the game :)

Roll on the "fs crossbow!" thread imo.

cmon try read thread , charmangle explained it nice for one of the previous albs that was unable to grasp the difference in how DI is dispersed among the realms.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
dub said:
cmon try read thread , charmangle explained it nice for one of the previous albs that was unable to grasp the difference in how DI is dispersed among the realms.

I've read the thread....

If the original post was "Give DI to shaman" then that'd be fair comment... it's not ...

People are whining about DI full stop.

Charmangle pointed out that DI isn't as easy to use for mids (3 pages in ... and I've got it on the max page size :p), and I agree - that's a bit of an imbalance - but that's not what the majority of the posts are about. It might have been one of the more sane/valid points in the thread... but doesn't make it what the thread is about ;)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

Actually Flim your wrong people are attacking the view that running around with DI is OK not complaining that they cannot kill someone with DI suck to his ass.

A slight but significant difference you will find.

;)

p.s. The opening post has a different emphasis of course it was the flood of opinions that came afterwords that are slightly different. And yes I have actually managed to kill Horner's bot at fins before.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
If they're outside a keep/tower you can kill them, no?

Ya know main part of population tend to wander round keep and towers nowadays and if u go round solo and meet a caster/di bot duo, unless u are a caster u are fried (mezz poison doesn't stick long nuff for ya to kill the di bot due to insta heals etc before the caster wakes up and wtfown u, won't even start against heavy tanks and hybrids in general).
It's easy to say, get a comrade with ya. But what about if i wanna solo? Or there are non of my friends on line? Or i got 30 mins to play and i don't wanna be bothered to search some1 to group up? It's just another way of forcing people to get some kind of playstyle over another or log -.-
That said i find it (as already told) a bad band aid from Mythic to "rebalance" dmg outputs we face in modern RvR.
Wanna add over that it stimulates people not to group living clerics/druids?
As u can see there are way many problems attached to this RA.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sharkith said:
Actually Flim your wrong people are attacking the view that running around with DI is OK not complaining that they cannot kill someone with DI suck to his ass.

A slight but significant difference you will find.

;)

p.s. The opening post has a different emphasis of course it was the flood of opinions that came afterwords that are slightly different. And yes I have actually managed to kill Horner's bot at fins before.

The whine sounds very similar to me ;)

As to whether running around with a DI bot on stick is a bit sad - I'd have to agree. Billy no mates etc.

You'd be better off with a real cleric on stick*

If you pretend it's two people playing, one of whom is just very stupid it shouldn't rile you up as much..

* - unless it's me... but ye know smitors don't count.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
I've read the thread....

If the original post was "Give DI to shaman" then that'd be fair comment... it's not ...

People are whining about DI full stop.

Charmangle pointed out that DI isn't as easy to use for mids (3 pages in ... and I've got it on the max page size :p), and I agree - that's a bit of an imbalance - but that's not what the majority of the posts are about. It might have been one of the more sane/valid points in the thread... but doesn't make it what the thread is about ;)

well OP was about DI , not about towers or dying in rvr zones really , so i kinda think my assumption of you not having read threaad is fair enough when you join the discussion with a post calling contributors to post whiners and then go on to tell em to leave towers alone.

maybe more focus on topic and less calling contributors for whiners.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gahn said:
Ya know main part of population tend to wander round keep and towers nowadays and if u go round solo and meet a caster/di bot duo, unless u are a caster u are fried (mezz poison doesn't stick long nuff for ya to kill the di bot due to insta heals etc before the caster wakes up and wtfown u, won't even start against heavy tanks and hybrids in general).
It's easy to say, get a comrade with ya. But what about if i wanna solo? Or there are non of my friends on line? Or i got 30 mins to play and i don't wanna be bothered to search some1 to group up? It's just another way of forcing people to get some kind of playstyle over another or log -.-
That said i find it (as already told) a bad band aid from Mythic to "rebalance" dmg outputs we face in modern RvR.
Wanna add over that it stimulates people not to group living clerics/druids?
As u can see there are way many problems attached to this RA.

If you meet a caster/cleric duo you're fried....

I quite like soloing too but it doesn't stop the trios of stealthers from killing me... don't see me asking for stealth to be removed from the game though ;)

I thought most soloers realised if you solo you will die lots (especially if yer a gimpy smite cleric btw :p)

Now your last few reasons here are _good_ reasons why it should be removed. I agree :) junk it and reduce damage across the board.

However "wah a caster with a DI bot killed me" isn't a good reason, it's just whine.

islef

Loyal Freddie
Someone please explain why some people here keeps saying it is ok to run with a DI bot cause you will die if you get PA'ed by a stealther!
Why does some people wanna win every single situation they land themsleves in.
IMO if you get PA'ed all the time on your caster i got an advice:
Try to move away from the bridge you are camping, standing in the same spot for along time DRAMATICALLY increases the chance of being PA'ed. Same way using the ability to actually move around DEcreases the possibility.

But feel free to tell me why it is ok to give yourself 3k more hits, just cause you loose in certain situations against certain classes...

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
The whine sounds very similar to me ;)

As to whether running around with a DI bot on stick is a bit sad - I'd have to agree. Billy no mates etc.

You'd be better off with a real cleric on stick*

If you pretend it's two people playing, one of whom is just very stupid it shouldn't rile you up as much..

* - unless it's me... but ye know smitors don't count.

the fact that people do it doesn't annoy me half as much as those that try to say its OK. In all honestly those that do it like Horner are less hypocritical than those who try to make it out to be a legitimate and honest play style.

I feel all dirty now :(

Edit: Islef nice post !

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
dub said:
well OP was about DI , not about towers or dying in rvr zones really , so i kinda think my assumption of you not having read threaad is fair enough when you join the discussion with a post calling contributors to post whiners and then go on to tell em to leave towers alone.

maybe more focus on topic and less calling contributors for whiners.

Fair point I should have quoted some whine in my first post ;) just incase anyone thought it was directed at them when it wasn't.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
If you meet a caster/cleric duo you're fried....

I quite like soloing too but it doesn't stop the trios of stealthers from killing me... don't see me asking for stealth to be removed from the game though ;)

I thought most soloers realised if you solo you will die lots (especially if yer a gimpy smite cleric btw :p)

Now your last few reasons here are _good_ reasons why it should be removed. I agree :) junk it and reduce damage across the board.

However "wah a caster with a DI bot killed me" isn't a good reason, it's just whine.

Yeh every sane person that solos or soloed in the past knows that he gonna die lots, and if he's a true soloer doesn't give a shit about it also.
That said, since the odds are already tuff i can't really blame Illu if he comes and points out that it's over the top unfair if pretty much the last possible targets he can get, run with a di bot cause they wanna win always oO
Also the "whine" thread managed (for once) to stimulate a discussion that raised more other good points that could lead to revisite the RA or simply put dump it all togheter, it's a step in the right direction, maybe :D

Everz

FH is my second home
nothing beats the joy of owning a caster and di bot... although was impossible with a chanter since crap cc ;<

kivik

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
If they're outside a keep/tower you can kill them, no?

No, not as solo no. If you somehow manage to work through the DI pool the hardmode caster will use MoC3, ML9 etc.

Adrilyn said:
Quite easy actually (don't see why this causes that much whine) don't fight near keeps, bridges, towers

In other words, don't RvR?

RvR is non-existant outside those areas.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
islef said:
Someone please explain why some people here keeps saying it is ok to run with a DI bot cause you will die if you get PA'ed by a stealther!
Why does some people wanna win every single situation they land themsleves in.
IMO if you get PA'ed all the time on your caster i got an advice:
Try to move away from the bridge you are camping, standing in the same spot for along time DRAMATICALLY increases the chance of being PA'ed. Same way using the ability to actually move around DEcreases the possibility.

But feel free to tell me why it is ok to give yourself 3k more hits, just cause you loose in certain situations against certain classes...

gimpplayer+caster+no DIbot=shitexperience from RVR since you get no RPs at all when soloing.

gimpplayer+caster+DIbot=good experience since you get RPs by owning stupid people who attack you, you can proceed with showing off alittle by doing some moralebuilding /rofl and /dismiss too and if you are really good at owning with emotes or skillfull adding, you might even get that stupid player who attacked you to quit playing=double win in the end for your realm which further increase the morale of your realm=triple win for the maximum Epeenfactor and in the end, you might win DAOC.

easypeasy logic tbfh ! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom