[Important notice]Thursday servers problems.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Xtro
Embattle - go back to spamming BW forums with the usual bollocks along with Stu.

Lol...hush child.

O

old.Cied

Originally posted by Melodic NatureL
btw can anyone recommend a good firewall?? Zonealarm is a piece of shit

I find that the best personaly firewall... if there is a good one :p has to be black ice... It has been tested by myself... 2600 (hacker community/magazine) its is quite nice, it was created by the same people who made carnivore...

GOA get in touch with the local (frence) echlon people... im sure they will have information on who your hackers were :p

http://mediafilter.org/caq/echelon/

O

old.Zugeck

Originally posted by Acron
Exactly Lego! More support!

Zug, who gives?

I think many does.

.. And if u can't stand bitching (using ur words) .. then u would recommend that u leave.

.. Expecially, if u think i'm bitching.

O

old.Zugeck

Originally posted by tris UK
who gives a flying f*ck if someone is bitching, you should of known people will have been without even reading the thread, so if you dont like it, why are you reading it?

<-- Listen to tha maann!

O

old.Cied

GUYS, GUYS PLEASE.....

SIT BACK.... PUT ON A STING CD... VISIT THAT WOMAN YOU HAD YOUR CHILDREN WITH... YOU KNOW.. YOUR WIFE... AND CHILLLLLLL

IM SURE IT WILL BE BACK UP SOON, WE HAVE BEEN TOLD WE ARE GETTING COMPENSATION... SO LIKE IT OR LUMP IT LETS ALL STOP ARGUING! :p

C

cleeve

LoL

Unlucky sulphur

U just knew that would happen tho didnt it

all we need is the smart arse comment of

"thats 12 now, thanks Sulhpur"

so without further ado

thats 12 now.. thanks Sulphur :)

Revor

O

old.Acron

Im not here to listen to your shit though. Im here to argue my point for GOA.

O

old.Zugeck

Well... my "bitching" :p .. stops now

If off to do write a report.

O

old.djskum

Originally posted by LegoPirate

No-one wants to do PR at 1am.. but kemor was.. this comes from his post after I went to bed at 1am in the morning....

Revor

Isn't that his job? We all have to do unplesant things in work from time to time and I'm not having a go at him personaly.

I'm making a constructive critisism regarding that fact that: if you have a 24hr service you should have 24hr support. Or certainly if you do not offer this sort of support (small companies) then you shouldn't realy be offering that sort of a service at all. A user base of 10,000 will generate enough revenue to have two people on the telephone 24/7, even a recorded message would be better than nothing!

I'm not making any personal attacks, far from it working in the industry I empathise with those guys more than most. I'm trying to help by offering user feedback. And this seems to be the quickest way to do it.

O

old.tris UK

im off to play that one with the axis and allies where you shoot people with guns and rocket launchers

O

old.Cied

guys...

do any of you really think that an online game will always be up 24/7??

you dont use the internet much do you

O

old.djskum

Originally posted by Cied

I find that the best personaly firewall... if there is a good one :p has to be black ice... It has been tested by myself... 2600 (hacker community/magazine) its is quite nice, it was created by the same people who made carnivore...

http://mediafilter.org/caq/echelon/

It's not that good m8. There are exploits for it. The best firewall is a homemade *nix box.

O

old.Cied

Originally posted by djskum

It's not that good m8. There are exploits for it. The best firewall is a homemade *nix box.

true... and thats what i have.. but for your avrage Jon Smith i think Black ice will do, nice and easy to configure and not to explotible since updates come out for it all the time

O

old.Cied

hehe.....

There are currently 36 members and 54 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 302 on 28-03-02 at 21:43.

do you think we helped?

S

sulphur

BlackICE is awful apparently. oh and btw, BlackICE exploits got 134 hits on google :)

O

old.djskum

guys...

do any of you really think that an online game will always be up 24/7??

Good point, interestingly enough 3 days downtime a year is less than 1%. Very good. But the fact of the matter is that I'm calling for better feedback and reporting mechanisms! Servers go down! If they didn't I for one wouldn't have a job!!!!!

you dont use the internet much do you

Smart assed little footers like that don't realy help the situations do they, all you get is petty bitching/not bitching contests.

O

old.Cied

hmmmmmmmmm, looks like DAOC are lucky.. lol,

Last night.. i was just looking around and saw AO... so i thought i would download it and takle a look... took me a few hours and the fecking file is damaged :p

im downloading it again tho :p

im off to twon to get some new clothes and see daylight... you never know.. i may like the RealWorld and never come bacl :p

O

old.Cied

Originally posted by djskum

Smart assed little footers like that don't realy help the situations do they, all you get is petty bitching/not bitching contests.

lol, mate.. dont take it personally.. i wasnt aiming at you

O

old.djskum

lol, mate.. dont take it personally.. i wasnt aiming at you

Sorry m8, too much coffee not enough DOAC.

I'm going to go and spend Easter with my folks/friends and get pissed. See you on DOAC on Monday/Tuesday. The RealWorld awaits!

C

cleeve

Dj sorry m8

I wasnt attaking neone here...

U made a point that there should have been a pr bloke there to interface between customers and techies...

I was pointing out that there was...

I agree with you re: CRM its so crucial these days to give plenty of info out. People arent prepared to make allowances and one negative thing often outweighs 20 positives

Cheers M8

Revor

M

Melodic

LOL Acron you're probably one of those lame pricks who apologises when someone else steps on them, and have "welcome" written all over your forehead.

Arguing your point for GOA?? Which point? That they are doing a fine job of fixing whatever has happened? Working for us through the night to fix a problem what wasn't their fault? Great, but then if they weren't what the hell would we be paying them for?

That was't even the main "bitch" - the most common complaint was about the lack of information being provided. You say "so what" to not being given adequate information...well that is fine and you are as entitled to your viewpoint as Zug is and it's about time you appreciated the fact that he is entitled to express his views.

From my own view point, I am a customer and I expect to be kept informed. If this doesn't happen I am entitled to complain about it. That's all there is to it.

Am I grateful that GOA has worked through the night to get my game back up for me? Yes I am and have said so in an earlier post. So has Zug. I also say that I expect no less because I am paying for a service, but then I am just an ungrateful, selfish, demanding shit. But hey, that's my business and none of yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom