[Important notice]Thursday servers problems.

O

old.Sorenzo

Read this if you are wise ;)

To everybody not knowing why the servers are down and therefore spammin' here:
There has been an incident with a hacker...dunno what its about (dont think GOA knows), but most certainly GOA is not the one to blame...but most certainlyKEMOR IS NOT THE ONE TO BLAME!!!
To anyone not knowing what GOA are going throught; dont talk about something you dont know of!!!
To anyone thinking of getting an US account: PLEASE DO!
To anyone wanting something for waiting so long: GOA may give us extra free time =D. Though it could not hurt to boost all char by 1 or 2 levels...=D

P.s. I know my post may be too old already =D but i did not care to read all the forum...it got longer while i read ;).
now SHUT UP! ;P

O

old.Gor

zzzzzZZZzzZzZz

i still cant login!

open soon....?

today...?

so still waitiiiiin.....:sleeping:

O

old.Gor

hhaaalleluuuliiaaa!

it works finaly!!!

good game aaal of ya

:clap:

O

old.I-War

:rolleyes: Well I i see everyone is having ago at GOA, my toughts on this is simple everything breaks, no one setups up a system to crash intenionally. This i understand but....... this is a paid for service regardless if it is just a game or anything its still a service. And all of us who are paying (I am paying) should be given some sort of compensation/explanation.

I don't mind not be able to play for a few days but when it breaks there should be another way you can let everyone know what it is going on. I say this because I only found out today after the event if you like, which is bad customer handling. This is my only bad thing about GOA but is fundemental for a Company to survive. if you don't keep people happy they will find other things to do and spend their money else where.

now for all the twats that just moaned at them. I read all of the forum and yes you do have a good reason to be upset but most of the post sounded like kids complaining because they just been told "no more cookies for you" come on guys/girls if your going to complain do so but do it in an adult manor. If i was Kemor i would make a note of everyone who got personal and close the account i am sure they can do with out those type of clients.

I am happy with the game and i hope the will develop it more.

B

Brinx

Originally posted by Aralik
Do any mods excist on barrysworld DAoC forum? Because I see bad language flying all over the place and the one mod that there is, is doing it to. It really doesn't help.

Deleted some excessive crap but people are perfectly free to swear within reason if they want.

K

kemor

All servers are now up & running.

The network security was increased and new detection tools were installed. Mythic’s technicians helped us checking the integrity of the network and new binary files were installed on the servers.

The “character warp” was a necessity; we restored the characters as they were on Thursday 28th around noon (before the first attack). We couldn’t restore the latest backup since the multiple server crashes when the attack started corrupted the characters during the afternoon and the 4.00pm & 8.00pm saves were already corrupted.

As said before, all European DAoC players will be granted a free day.

G

Gravity

Originally posted by Kemor

The “character warp” was a necessity; we restored the characters as they were on Thursday 28th around noon (before the first attack).

As said before, all European DAoC players will be granted a free day.

sorry kemor - but pardon my "french" whoopie fukin doo:upyours:

one day to replace a lost day and a day where i leveled up and joined a guild - i really dont think one day is really going to appease those out there that have lost items,xp and most importantly our time

SORT SOMETHING OUT NOW!!!! THIS IS TURNING INTO AN ANARCHY ONLINE STYLE FIASCO!!!

O

old.UK^Womble

WHOOPEE DO

:upyours:
A free day is nice ... but given the number of hours play i have lost, it should be AT LEAST TWO DAYS ... I've lost a significant number of levels guys, It cost me a lot of sleep getting them ... come on GOA a single free day is not good enough :(

S

SoWat

It is somewhat disappointing.

I've gone from almost lvl 17 back to lvl 15.

I'm not interested in an extra day, but a bump in XP would be a benefit.

F

Fex

Nice work Kemor and the team that worked on this during the night and all through the day, to the certain ppl still flaming GOA, they did not plan this it was simply an attack on the servers from some spotty little gimp with too much time on his hands. Guys these ppl have worked through the night and most of today give them a break ffs, the game is back up and yes ppl have lost a level or 2 in my case I lost my surname hehe, so come on give them a break.

*sits back with flame proof suit on*

O

old.PEN

Kemor:

You said "a free day" in some sort of response to the server "problem" for me the sever was down between 23:00 tursday till 18:00 friday (swedish time) that´s almost 24 houers.. so 1 day extra only puts the record evan....NOT a compensation in my world

I have been playing for 2 weeks and ther have been a bit too much "down time" i think.

This i a great game and i have´t decided yet on if im going to contineu playing or not...

hope you guy´s get everything working ok and get some rest to :)

looking forward to youre answer!

/Peter

O

old.handst

down again

down again what idiots oh its 19:00 and the servers are down this feels familiar

O

old.UK^Womble

BLOODY HELL

/q 17 seconds to exit

And still the bloody thing disconnected before 17 seconds had gone ... BASTARDS ... 1 free day is not enough ... If I have lost that session I will be seriously pissed :upyours:

WTF do they think they are playing at ... bloody buck of amateurs

O

old.UK^Womble

HEY GUYS HOSABOUT MORE THAN 30 SECONDS WARNING

Bunch of weeding blankers :upyours:

X

Xavier

just got booted off prydwyn - apparently 'a server error has occured' - both me and my gf were disconnected...

are the servers down again?

did anyone else experience it?

Xav

O

old.handst

Denial of service

Denial of service try denial of customer service

C

cleeve

Yeh I lost my level 2 level up...
some items... I spent 2 hours getting to almost level4 ... and

yup server going down quit now..

I have only had the game since tuesday night... I'm looking at 50% downtime on the game servers at the moment...

Kemor m8 .. U need to tell us why we have been asked to quit.. Its like a broken record.. communication hic-kissssh communication hic-kissssh communication hic-kissssh ad infinatum

I have had enough for tonight..

Revor (the not-so-newbie)

O

old.limbo

Xav, yupp. but I was given a warning rougly 45 seconds before it went offline atleast.

Well. If I lost todays session I'll be seriously pissed.

Last "rollback" I lost my newly created Runemaster, recreated him now and I'm really close to reaching lvl 5 since it got back online.

O

old.limbo

Most annoying still is to go to forum.camelot-europe.com, looking at the general english forum, Announcments, and the first thing you see is something like "Everything back to normal"

(Dont know what it said exactly since the forums seem to be down now.

O

old.I-War

Servers are dead again

Well the servers stayed up for 4 hours not bad not sure why we had to come out this time prolly the same reason. Oh well have to find something else to do. I wonder if they fired someone latly lol this is stupid. good luck guys i hope you fix it soon.

Please post why ASAP
Sinclair.:(

O

old.ViscountCharles

Six quid says they've lost this evening's session as well.

Six quid says they don't come back up before midnight.

Six quid says they've already charged my credit card for *next* months subscription fee.

And six quid says I'm not resubbing if I win all my other bets.

Wucking Fankers.

O

old.UK^Womble

INCOMPETENT IDIOTS

sorry Kremor but your colleagues at GOA are a bunch of incompetents.

We asked for some warning, we begged to get back on, we have been shat on from onhigh.

You say that you have installed new, better security measures, and then kick your customers when it is blatantly obvious the servers were full with loyal customers trying to catch up from when things got screwed up earier this week.

Come on guys ... stop screwing us around ... I would think that a free week, without disruption, might make up for this new cock-up.

Howsabout GOA spending some of that money that we have payed them on getting some effective systems in place instead of the joke you are supplying to us.

:flame:

O

old.ViscountCharles

It appears to be back up (at least Pryd is).

O

old.UK^Womble

BACK UP

Well ... they appear to be back up again (Prydwin)

GOA ... can we have a little more warning please.

Also my understanding is that is ILLEGAL UNDER UK LAW to charge someones credit card before you have supplied the goods or service.

I know of at least one lawyer on this board (not me) and he is not amused.

Maybe now is time to invest some of your ill gotten gains to invest in some good lawyers ?

:upyours:

O

old.Turgor

Originally posted by Melodic NatureL
you'd think that after all the comments on this thread the dumb bastards would have learned to put a FRIGGING UPDATE ON THE FUCKING WEBSITE when they bring the servers down.

Oh right... and this is the official boards?

Wake up man :)

Whatever has been said in these forums are just a plus if anyone of them has read it, which I doubt they have ( apart from Kemor ).

If it's just temporary, it's not worth an update on the web-site imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom