How many balanced Ald FG's do you ever see?

O

old.Sepiritz

It has been said before but yes, clerics have been reduced to full heal spec or buffbots or a mix of the two, there really isnt anything good to spec for in the smite line anymore since they nerfed clerics. This means alot of people dont care to play clerics and roll alts. In fact, I was in a pickup group yesterday and it appeared 4 out of the 8 players had L50 clerics mains but prefered to play their alts in rvr.
The most popular cleric template today is: 41 rejuv, 35 enhance, 3 smite.

Also, yes, wizards have crap utility.
Basically, its dmg add, dmg shield, then its dd's galore.
No speed, no pet, no stun, no debuffs, no utility. :)
btw, wizard dd's all have lower delve value then sorc and theurg dd's, so the main weapons of the wiz are bolts or pbaoe? Only thing thats higher damage afaik.

D

dakeyras

I think things are definetly looking up.

I see alot of Ice-spec wizzies, Mind sorcs and rejuv clerics on the way up, and more Mincers coming out of retirement. Most of these though tend to be the alts of players in the top 5-6 Guilds.

The arrival of these at competitive RvR will coincide with 1.60 and should make a big difference.

The one thing we just ain't gonna get though is 6 sec pbt...no chance, no way. Not until the Earth line is made worthwhile.

O

old.FIN

well as cabby, only few peeps can keep me alive...shame...because i keel those enemys..

so im making cleric...no smite...lvl 42 atm and rr2 450 SC, 9 days played, so im coming there with my own speed , i aint in a hurry.

but who ever said get my ass out of head or vice versa =)

u ca suck my elephantsized 1st before u say something to me, k ?

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
hahahahahahahaha, less utility, HAH

This was sort of intended as a joke, I knew it'd get someone's attention :p But as Vile listed Wizard has Dmg Add, Dmg Shield, Root. Chanter has Speed, Dmg Shield, Pet, Stun, Dmg Shield and Debuffs. I'm hardly saying Chanter is some kind of utility class, hell no, but in comparison to a Wizard you are still sadly well endowed.

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by censi
Mincers are gr8 auxilory mezzors (a mincers role should be to insta stun the hib bard b4 hib bard mezzes (this never happens)

stun bard - backpedal playing mes
bards resists mean stun lasts 2/3 secs max - with lag of swopping qbars getting flute out etc bard comes out of stun before mes finishes - presses insta button and casts mes over.

so fucked off with that i quit even trying to mes any bard that isnt rr2 or lower tbh.

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by exe
Bah... exc albs will always stay the same and will whine about their "underpowerness"... get ur head outa ur ass and take a look at pryd and Pbuck's grp;) Just a hint: alb caster based grp with sos and bof is DEADLY>_<

... how ?

sos - just mes as normal just cos the targets are moving now means u have to singal nuke can pbae, they can still do fuk all to attack u.

as for bof - if its casters nuking u just baod for 100% resists, wait till they run out of mana and staff to death.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by exe
Bah... exc albs will always stay the same and will whine about their "underpowerness"... get ur head outa ur ass and take a look at pryd and Pbuck's grp;) Just a hint: alb caster based grp with sos and bof is DEADLY>_<

Pbuck's group?

Deadly?

LOL

Aoe Insta mezz+ Aoe Insta stun = rp's

Only got tagged by the SoTL groups a few times...and they had to do everything right..and sometimes still lost.

Walker used to hurt a bit ( 600+ every few seconds), but then a buffbotted firewiz in the days before uber resists was a char to fear. Dunno what he hits for now though.

Having RvR'd from both Mid and Alb sides it becomes clear just how broken the concept of Albion's classes was.

As for caster based group. Was very viable a few months ago but it is very reliant on CC. With everyone having high resists and Tank's getting cheap RA's a melee heavy group with perma-sprint will cut them to pieces.

B

bult

Balanced alb group.

1 theurg
1 sorc
1 cleric
1 friar
1 mincer
1 paladin
2 merc/armsman or possibly 1 merc/arms and another theurg

The biggest problem i see here is.
1) Key functions of the group on CASTERS, PBT and CC wich means low HP and cloth armour and a big kill me sign abover thier head.
2) Damage, having so many casters (needed) they will have very little damage to show for when meeting a balanced mid/hib group with ressist buffs.

Caster heavy groups suck.

Balanced Hib group.
1 bard
1 druid
1 warden
1/2 chanters
3/4 heros/champs

less casters PBT on a class with scale, good ressist buffs nice CC with RF and alot more HP then a caster. Nice melee damage and GP BAoD insta mezz (yeye) and 3 classes that can heal.

Balanced mig group.
1 aug/mend healer
1 Pac healer
1 aug/mend shammy
1 supp RM
1 skald
3 zerkers / maybe 1 warrior

Best group, loads of melee dmg, only 1 caster. Good CC good heals good ressists, this group got it all pretty much.

B

bult

They have less utility then a chanter....
ressist buffs and stun is utility fyi, so is atk speed debuff.

M

maca25110716

answer to this is most of the good albion players roll infils.

btw number 1 rule in VENG : all mages must be enchanters/elds pbaoe if not you aint joining.

G

Gahldir

as long as albs think that a mid or a hib combination will be the best RvR-group even for them they wont get a good group. try instead and work with what you have to find a leathal combo instead of trying to copy+paste another realm. cuz you will get more then 1FG but also quiet alot that the hib/mid- group wouldn't have.

B

bult

Originally posted by Gahldir
as long as albs think that a mid or a hib combination will be the best RvR-group even for them they wont get a good group. try instead and work with what you have to find a leathal combo instead of trying to copy+paste another realm. cuz you will get more then 1FG but also quiet alot that the hib/mid- group wouldn't have.

And how would you make a balanced alb group?

B

bult

Alb classes are pretty nice when u look at them one at a time they all got some nice stuff etc BUT they dont go well togheter and that is the most important part of this game.

Only way to really "ungimp" albion would be to "ungimp" casters in general because alb rely so heavily on casters.

E

exe

Originally posted by bult
Balanced mig group.
1 aug/mend healer
1 Pac healer
1 aug/mend shammy
1 supp RM
1 skald
3 zerkers / maybe 1 warrior

Best group, loads of melee dmg, only 1 caster. Good CC good heals good ressists, this group got it all pretty much.
BoF+SB+Ablative Song(1.60) and dead is this grp>_<

G

Gahldir

Balanced Hib group.
1 bard
1 druid
1 warden
1/2 chanters
3/4 heros/champs

imo it gotta be 2 chanters if you are gonna use PBaoe or the chanter is just a ubermezzbreaker. If you die to a group with only 1 PBaoer bcuz of the PBaoe by now you are doing something horribly wrong and gotta start checking you energyresistance :)

B

bult

Originally posted by exe

Even with BoF on zerkers hit me for over 200 dmg, if they use assist they will have killed the casters in the alb grp fast enough. But i agree BoF + ablative would give this grp a hard time but thats 30 min timer vs the mid grps 0 timer ;>

B

bult

Originally posted by Gahldir
imo it gotta be 2 chanters if you are gonna use PBaoe or the chanter is just a ubermezzbreaker. If you die to a group with only 1 PBaoer bcuz of the PBaoe by now you are doing something horribly wrong and gotta start checking you energyresistance :)

Chanters dont need to PBAE to be good, ressist buffs + DDs still makes em a good DD nuker and they got BAoD wich was main reason i put em in the group.

S

Sabu

Originally posted by Mavl

I always found funny how ppl that never played in alb try to teach albs how to play their chars.

:clap:

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by exe

Soldier's barricade. No-one HAS soldier's barricade.
Ablative song. See above. No-one is 50inst atm. Until every minstrel in albion gets an RA respec you're going to be looking at losing 40dmg every second/third/fourth hit depending on class and weapon choice. What possible difference does that make to a LW hero annihilating for 500 or a zerker doing god knows how much and doing it faster anyway?

O

old.LandShark

Wizard has the ultimate long-range unmezz-3-enemies-without-really-damaging-them utility, volcanic pillar. You have BAoS. Do I even need to expand on this?
You have a really good PBAE. We have ice wizards. You have a 50%debuff for your own fucking damage type, and don't come back with any BS like "Oh, we never have time to cast it", because we all know what's happening when you hit my 38%heat unbuffed for 500+ with a baseline spell. Did I mention the unbreakable snare on the pet?
On the other hand, wizards have r00t!!"!£¬
"You have joined the group."
[Group] Me: Hi guys.... do we need any CC? Cos my wizzie friend is on...
[Group] Everyone else: what the fuck are you smoking?

E

exe

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Ablative song. See above. No-one is 50inst atm. Until every minstrel in albion gets an RA respec you're going to be looking at losing 40dmg every second/third/fourth hit depending on class and weapon choice. What possible difference does that make to a LW hero annihilating for 500 or a zerker doing god knows how much and doing it faster anyway?
If all arms/minis used all their RA/skill respecs, they only should blame themselves-_- And read once again: BoF+SB+Ablative song>_<

O

old.BJ|Bored

damn right

how stupid are you albs ofc u need to be rr10 with all ras to compete with mid/hib baseline skills

:sleeping:

*slight exageration to make point :cool: *

S

Sharp Thing

Wizard has the ultimate long-range unmezz-3-enemies-without-really-damaging-them utility, volcanic pillar. You have BAoS. Do I even need to expand on this?
You have a really good PBAE. We have ice wizards. You have a 50%debuff for your own fucking damage type, and don't come back with any BS like "Oh, we never have time to cast it", because we all know what's happening when you hit my 38%heat unbuffed for 500+ with a baseline spell. Did I mention the unbreakable snare on the pet?
On the other hand, wizards have r00t!!"!£¬
"You have joined the group."
[Group] Me: Hi guys.... do we need any CC? Cos my wizzie friend is on...
[Group] Everyone else: what the fuck are you smoking?
i have exactly 3spells of utility value, being my debuffs, my attack speed debuff (wich i have 3of :rolleyes: ) and my stun. wizards have allot more utility (and no a pbae and DD is NOT utility)

H

hotrat

If all arms/minis used all their RA/skill respecs, they only should blame themselves-_- And read once again: BoF+SB+Ablative song>_<
LOL you know when minstrels got their respec? 1.50? when see hidden came into the game and minstrel stealth was nerfed to hell !
Now suddenly mythic boosts minstrel stealth and the instrument lines and doesnt give us a respec. As for RA's i thinik most minstrels took SoS and didnt regret it.
Wizard and chanter well fire wiz has less utility than a mana chanter, earth wiz has ae root but they are best at keeps not general rvr. Debuffs rock especially on your own damage line, i'd take a debuff over a single root or even an ae root anyday.

G

Gahldir

Chanters dont need to PBAE to be good, ressist buffs + DDs still makes em a good DD nuker and they got BAoD wich was main reason i put em in the group.

didn't say they where bad. I know very well what they have up thier sleeves and what they don't have. Tho I'd rather pick another tank then a mage. One lesser to protect, more hp etc etc..

O

old.Sko

we`ll be able to farm summoners for respec soon enough.

G

Gahldir

They day annihalation hits for 500 dmg when BoF is used is the day it strongly needs a nerf ;)

Q

Qte Eth

i always found funny Mavl whine skills and lack of knowledge..TT

Users who are viewing this thread