Balanced?

X

xajorkith

This board is full of whine about how overpowered one class is v another, but at the end of the day I think Mythic have done a fantastic job keeping the game balanced RP wise....

The stats speak for themselves....to actually program a game to balance out with huge differences in number must be quite tough!

Alb earned 34.12% of the RP's last week with 41.52% of the population.
Hib earned 33.28% of the RP's last week with 25.34% of the population.
Mid earned 32.59% of the RP's last week with 33.13% of the population.

N

Nazghul-

Originally posted by xajorkith
This board is full of whine about how overpowered one class is v another, but at the end of the day I think Mythic have done a fantastic job keeping the game balanced RP wise....

The stats speak for themselves....to actually program a game to balance out with huge differences in number must be quite tough!

Alb earned 34.12% of the RP's last week with 41.52% of the population.
Hib earned 33.28% of the RP's last week with 25.34% of the population.
Mid earned 32.59% of the RP's last week with 33.13% of the population.

Doesn't really say much without info about the amount of /played time.

F

Forau

Re: Re: Balanced?

Originally posted by Nazghul-

:wall:

R

rure_

Re: Re: Balanced?

Originally posted by Nazghul-

the sample is so big the /played time is pretty much the same over all 3 realms I reckon

/edit: if you mean /played per every char

K

kameh

You're forgetting that not everyone likes to RvR, chances are there's more albs than hib/mids that like to pve/craft rather than farm in emain (not that you'd notice) ;)

F

_fanta_

it show us how mid/hibs have better RvR classes :( (at least funniers)

K

Knix

hmm interresting to see, that to have equal force (based on rp), that if,

if hib got 100 players
albs needs 160 players

if hibs got 100 players
mids needs 134 players

if mid got 100 players
albs need 120 players

Seems balanced to me (total rvr wise), on the fact albs got more population than mid/hib

V

vintervargen

what it shows, is that hibs are better players.

after having put up with zerks, savages, and the andless alb zergs, we are now more skilled hen you.

bye

C

cleptomaniac

Originally posted by vintervargen

after having put up with zerks, savages, and the andless alb zergs, we are now more skilled hen you.

bye

Yes. Some hibs kicks ass and play their chars from rr 1-10.

Some just buy em on ebay.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by cleptomaniac
Yes. Some hibs kicks ass and play their chars from rr 1-10.

Some just buy em on ebay.

can you buy rps/week too? retard

R

-RG-Jaond

Originally posted by vintervargen

bye

Yeah it take's alot of skill to buy a good char

lets all buy a hib char and be skilled :ROFLMAO:

A

Aloca

What it realy shows is that Hibs and Mids have much more enemies to farm and there for make rps...

if there was 100albs on server and 1 hib 1 mid, you damn sure that the 1mid/hib would be rr11 before any alb dings rr2

G

Glottis_Xanadu

It just shows that Albs are underpowered in RvR.
And gets boring that some ebaying Hibs come here claiming to have any skills.
Allmost as boring as NP claiming they have any skills except overpowered classes.
Regards, Glottis

T

taen

one button spam chanters and grp purge and insta mezz = skill ?

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by taen
:lol:

ps: its fun reading posts of clueless warders.

T

taen

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
:lol:

ps: its fun reading posts of clueless warders.

just a question m8 .. u tell me exactly what skills hibs possess that make them more skillfull than albs .. albs are underpowered in comparison to the the other realms, any idiot knows that .. if anything albs are the ones that possess skill as they have to play near perfect in order to beat the other realms 1fg vs 1fg .. which they often do !

ps .. fyi its eagle knight

M

Mirhen Morkir

BoF, SoS, Soldier Barricade, Ablative chant take skill ?

N

noaim

albs are underpowered in comparison to the the other realms, any idiot knows that

Ahh so its the idiots who knows that...that sounds correct, from reading those boards.

T

taen

doh! u got me there m8 .. alb = insta-win .. how could i forget :p

E

Event

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
BoF, SoS, Soldier Barricade, Ablative chant take skill ?

Agreed and of all primary cc classes bards only 1 with 1 form of cc and an interuptable endsong :p

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Event
Agreed and of all primary cc classes bards only 1 with 1 form of cc and an interuptable endsong :p

I don't think hib CC is that bad tbh, nature druid + bard is a nice combo... And getting end song up isn't too hard ;)

O

old.Tzeentch

all it shows you is numbers and stats can be interpreted in many different ways, which can be as valid as the next, and in the end, still total bullshit.

P

parzi

aaaaah strong whajns again, i kinda miss them
nerf mods closing every whine n flame thread as soon as it gets funny on german daoc boards :(

tbh after having played all realms i can say that its not perfectly balanced ofc but all in all its ok, and this "omgomgtheyaresuchnewbsandpressonebuttoneandwtfpwnus-ffsnerf-sounbalancedweareuberskillz0redandstillloose-NEEEEERF" or "OMGTHEYHITATANKANDWONNERF" attitude is just too funny. you can tell the difference pretty easy who really plays just f8assiststick and who tries to think at least ;p

all in all a group that totally suxx in alb will also suck in mid and hib, and vice versa.
taking out the MA or even other tanks is a viable tactic sometimes (if you can kill them fast, stun so they cant block evade etc and interupt/mez healers meanwhile ofc only) especially vs groups where tanks are buffboted, i.e. dont loose buffs when you gank the support. a rezed tank isnt worth shit, a rezed supporter often just uses mcl and is almost back at full power. if they purge ip +ap or something you know it was a bad choice this time ofc ;)

nn, was a bit bored, keep on whining albs, i mean what would albs would you be if you dont whine ;)

my whine today is that my minstrel does less damage styled than my savage did with offhand hits :p but its still a very funny n good char :)

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Allmost as boring as NP claiming they have any skills except overpowered classes.

asd gets fixed.

nolby add another 2 savages.

the end.

G

Garbannoch Nox

lol really fun to read this

so most albs still think they are the uber gimps and can't win except by outnumbering enemies?... Against a hib caster group albs definitely have a disadvantage. But against a tank group? true savages hit harder than any other tank in the game but you got tools to counter that: BoF, ablative chant, spec AF and do not forget SoS as a very nice offensive RA for a tank group. And before you say 'but we have to rely on RAs to win' - well guess what: A hib caster group also has to rely on GP to win - and MoC if very hard enemies...

The game is pretty much balanced as it is. Savages are out of line and will get nerfed (I guess more nerfs will be inc than those in the next patch). Also chanters will get nerfed (debuff for own base dd AND pbaoe is ofc a big advantage over other mages). But apart from those 2 I see the realms pretty much balanced, which does not mean that there is nothing left to fix - but these are rather general fixes than balancing realms (like interrupts, high resists, etc)

What is also funny is that albs never mention their stealthers when they compare classes to other realms: not only are alb stealthers much better than other realm ones but you got a 3rd stealth class and 2 climb-wall classes which is a huge advantage in keep takes and relic raids.

So dear albs, stop crying how underpowered you are... because you are not!

B

bult

stop making sense garba it dont fit into the theme of barrysworld.

will be interessting to see how the upcoming savage nerf will be, probably means the game will be more balanced then ever.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by bult
stop making sense garba it dont fit into the theme of barrysworld.

will be interessting to see how the upcoming savage nerf will be, probably means the game will be more balanced then ever.

all NP on excal will move alb (they have already started)

D

diabien_hib

Albs like FC, brethen have proved that with good players and the right classes theyre a match for any realms grps, with the ra's up albs have better than hibs because lets face it hibs rely totally on gp. Catch hibs with no gp you usually beat them.

So no alb aint underpowered, just got too many warder kids wanting to be stlong paladins of camelot and run in zergs.

Midgard also have some quality ra's like ichor of the deep and PR, nerf savages a bit and youll hear no complaints from me about them being under or over powered, theyll be balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom