How do u see the game in 2-3 years time

S

samildanachh

Wondering what u think the game will be like in 2-3 years time.

Could the game be dead with no 1 playing it?

Same old people playing, still gonna be guilds like NP ,VGN etc around? and same old people etc.

Or new sets of players and a new era of people and most of the people who play atm will be long gone, thus new guilds etc or whatever.

I persoanlly think the last choice but anyway, just a though :D

N

NoBrains

I see it in recycle bin happly playing World of Warcraft (if it's anygood) :D

S

Shrye

It's the casual gamers staying, those spending alot of time on the game usually moves on to conquer new games when something appealing comes out.

So, sort of option #2 - the people in "realm leading roles" will very likely consist of new faces.

E

Edohadien

with the Growth rate on patches within 2years sbs will be throwing C4 over mmg and i will be killing BB With my Apache wearing MP Teflon and just bought myself a landingpad @ grannies to refill with the new nuckToHell Missiles

E

envenom

daoc will still be here for a couple of years to come.

but then again look at how many years UO has lived and it still has a heck of alot of ppl playing it today.

but UO has depth etc to it daoc does'nt so a few more years and it will be gone.

P

Pandemic

it will still be going fairly strong i think but will all be new people. might still be a lot of the current guilds going just with different people.

i think most of the current players will be playing wow when it comes out, well at least for the first month :)

E

envenom

WOW looks abit cartoony but il try it anyway

O

old.Nol

These games are all about content, DAOC has tons of it now, and is getting more all the time.

But I reckon there is going to be some serious competition from other big names like EQ2, Warhammer Online and WoW, all od them also have some serious content :D

Will be interesting to see tbh, I will hopefully being playing City of Hero's by then ;)

F

Faeldawn

Easy, if a GOOD mmorpg comes along that surparses DAoC in all areas DAoC will die.

Honestly, i would guess about 70-90% of the current players would leave if there was a better option, but atm there isnt.

Only thing that would save daoc from a superior game is a strong rvr expansion.

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by old.Nol
These games are all about content, DAOC has tons of it now, and is getting more all the time.

But I reckon there is going to be some serious competition from other big names like EQ2, Warhammer Online and WoW, all od them also have some serious content :D

Will be interesting to see tbh, I will hopefully being playing City of Hero's by then ;)

Daoc do not have much content. It's also badly designed, and pretty shitty coded aswell, all in all its a pretty crap game really.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by schinkaar
Daoc do not have much content. It's also badly designed, and pretty shitty coded aswell, all in all its a pretty crap game really.

Not much content? Try exploring a lil....wrong.

Badly Designed? Considering how long it has been a top mmorpg.....wrong.

Shitty Coding? Compared to..........?.............

Crap Game? Maybe, but what mmorpg out there atm is better?

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by Faeldawn

Runescape! xD

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by Faeldawn

Why whould i explore? Can i find anything new? No, there may be alot of zones to run around in but there is no point. Might aswell increment a number a billion times and say theres alot of content to that aswell then, after all its a new number!!111

Shitty coding, compared to any half decent game. If you release a game with huge battles you better have a engine that supports it, mythics engine is without doubt the worst ive ever seen. But yea even a good engine whouldnt make up for all the bugs, the useless AI and the fucked up quest bugs. I mean what exactly did they manage to implement right (horses?).

But ur right about one thing, i dont know any mmo that is better atm, that still doesnt make daoc good, it makes the mmo genre crap.

I

Ilur_oom

PowerGamers will move other games...
Some people stays and a bunch of newbies prolly will start playing this game...
This also depends on the titles that will be released on that time...
Prolly WoW will be powning most of the ppl out of daoc, dunno yet tho and without a europe beta is kinda lame...
as for me i'll prolly quit gaming and focus again irl stuff... at least till a masterpiece game arrives :p

L

lathonial

quote..
Q: Wondering what u think the game will be like in 2-3 years time.

A: Mids will have DF

btw, how do u cut/paste with a quote box??

K

Kindar

Originally posted by Ilur_oom
PowerGamers will move other games...
Some people stays and a bunch of newbies prolly will start playing this game...
This also depends on the titles that will be released on that time...
Prolly WoW will be powning most of the ppl out of daoc, dunno yet tho and without a europe beta is kinda lame...
as for me i'll prolly quit gaming and focus again irl stuff... at least till a masterpiece game arrives :p

WoW is going to be Beta tested in Europe...check the WoW forums once in a while ^^

L

Lumikki

I think DAOC will have serious problems in the future, considering how many new and promising mmorpg's are coming out. And like someone already said, daoc misses the "depth" to keep players interest.

Who knows, future will tell :)

Atleast I'm going for WoW as soon as it comes out!

xx

R

Ravenbourne

I actually think it has loads of depth, there is something for everyone in this game, crafting, RvR, top end pve. what is the point in a game where all you can do is kill high level mobs. the rvr idea is brilliant, though i think it needs a complete overhual. I am looking forward to TOA but i really hope they bring an rvr expansion out soon, kinda hoped you could meet up with enemies in TOA but sadly not. I am pretty low RR and i am already bored of the rvr zones.
I think they need to implement things that need far more strategic thought, maybe a zone with lots of small guard toweres so you have to take ground and hold it, then move on. maybe add more stuff than keeps and relics.

D

dimerian

I will stay playing this shit for even a century if they promise to give a new hatts!

L

leoric

Originally posted by dimerian
I will stay playing this shit for even a century if they promise to give a new hatts!

I agree :) Givf Jolly Roger Hat kthnx!

V

.Venge

dead.. WoW will sweap daoc and other rollplaying games away =)

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by .Venge
dead.. WoW will sweap daoc and other rollplaying games away =)

Just like SWG did :p

WoW, DE and the like look good on paper but theres really no substitute for playing.

A few months ago I would have said ... yeah Ill move onto DE then WoW then LoTR but now my lifestyle has changed, would I want to invest the time and effort I did into DAoC ? I think not. So. the future at the moment, I see myself becoming more of a casual gamer sticking with DAoC, as long as new content is released.

However in 2 months time that could change again :)

For know untill I actually see what the up and coming games play like Im certainly not going to commit myself.

R

Rg.Roller

within the year it will be replaced (Horizans, Dragon empires and WoW) being the first lot to step up to replace daoc.

Cant wait to be honest the game is still plagued with linear gameplay and a crappy graphics engine. Give a game with a nice gfx engine and admins that change the land and host events per week and daoc is dead \o/

Everquest 2 is comming out too.

L

LordjOX

DaoC will still be there, just with a slightly lower population

S

samildanachh

ild rather not play wow or any other mmorpg, they can have to much of a detrimental effect on ur lifestyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom