Hibernia Fix discussion

Y

-yoda-

fix hib ? rofl u avin me on right ? (coulnt be assed reading thread link cos mi an alb im sure can both come up with lists of bugs and improvements thay can make to themselves :)

T

Tilda

Tbh, i like a lot of his ideas for RvR

the mini relics, 1 big RvR zone, mini PK's that can be taken, the ambush spots, more water etc.
I think i'd wet myself if all those things went in a patch
would be soooo cool xD

Tilda

V

Vegy

Some nice suggestions there, good to see someone making some unbiased suggestions to help and improve the rvr of this game for once.

L

Lumikki

That idea about different types of keeps sound really interesting, don't you think?

xx

D

darbey

I hope my pet pot belly pig learns to fly.

Agreed was some good points though.

O

old.m0000

some of the multi-realm things were good - but hib don't need anymore help in rvr kthx, can you say only need 3 classes for grp essentials?

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.m0000
some of the multi-realm things were good - but hib don't need anymore help in rvr kthx, can you say only need 3 classes for grp essentials?
can you say inverted pyramid?

V

Vegy

did any of you people saying 'hib dont need fixing' actually read the post?
Everything he posted could have easily been put under a thread called 'Fix RvR' or 'Fix Mid/Alb RvR'.
Theres not one thing he suggests that would enhance rvr for hibs,only thing that he suggests that might be seen as some sort of change to hib indirectly is to make alb/mid keeps more like hib keeps (Open up stairs to lords room like hib keeps, give mid/alb keeps more climb points to give stealthers more of a chance to do their job, and finally to make more walls like hib keeps where you can see out from the keep at all points and not just small spaces)

O

old.Nol

read1.jpg

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Vegy
did any of you people saying 'hib dont need fixing' actually read the post?
Everything he posted could have easily been put under a thread called 'Fix RvR' or 'Fix Mid/Alb RvR'.
Theres not one thing he suggests that would enhance rvr for hibs,only thing that he suggests that might be seen as some sort of change to hib indirectly is to make alb/mid keeps more like hib keeps (Open up stairs to lords room like hib keeps, give mid/alb keeps more climb points to give stealthers more of a chance to do their job, and finally to make more walls like hib keeps where you can see out from the keep at all points and not just small spaces)
Actually at the start of his report he asked for some changes to the bard class because hib RvR is so utterly reliant upon the bard.
Aside from that, you're right.

S

StormriderX

Yes then we run out and wtfpwn all in our strong groups of bard/warden/druid and 5 mentalists, I mean we already got the essentials what else could we possibly need :rolleyes:

C

cleeve

Love the idea about the mixed keeps.

That by far would change the whole method of taking keeps.

I do think, howver, that relic keeps should be the same for all three realms so that all three realms have an even offence/defence playing field

C

A

Arnor

hib keeps being the hardest to defend?

not for mids atleast, held crim for 1.5hrs with both doors down :eek:

F

- Fedaykin -

Originally posted by Arnor
hib keeps being the hardest to defend?

not for mids atleast, held crim for 1.5hrs with both doors down :eek:

and we salute you for it ! :D

W

Wuren

Well some good ideas there,

Re-designing frontier keeps sounds very good. Not much new about the Bard's tho, most of that been around since day 1. Can only hope they will listen after 1234781 TL's tried. Uninteruptable end(Still a song, not a chant) is something Hibs desperatly needs. However asking for the snare shout might be a bit to much, advanced evade will probably be better. Normal evade is pretty much useless since all bard's do is run away from their enemy's.
:mgwhore2:

O

old.m0000

the point, spamrider, was that you only need 3 base classes in each grp for group essentials - infact you get more "essentials" with that setup than most alb / mid groups are ever likely to have. For example:
hib tank grp:
Bard, Warden, Druid (mainly buff), Druid (mainly heal), blademaster, blademaster, blademaster, hero

thats 4 damage dealing tanks, end regen, 6 sec pbt, full resist buffs, speed5, primary cc, heals, buffs

compared with mid tank grp (ok yes savages are uber ATM but we both know this..)
Aug shammy, Healer (mainly pac), Healer (mainly mend), skald, savage, savage, savage, warrior

thats 4 (+skald) damage dealers, end regen, 1/2 resist buffs, speed 5, primary cc, heals, buffs. So less "essentials" than the hib grp, no pbt whatsoever because it's on a caster so no one is gonna look at it in dark age of tankalot

alb tank grp:
Cleric (mainly enc), Cleric (mainly rejuv), Sorc, Minstrel, Pally, merc, merc/reaver, merc/armsman

thats 3 damage dealing tanks (+pally +minstrel), possibly only 2 have any det/pf, end regen, 1/4 resist buffs, speed5, primary cc, heals, buffs - no pbt (because on caster), only group that MUST have a cloth caster int it (useually first one to go every fight), no insta cc, ablative chant (which is shit against assisting tank grps)

Assuming savages get nerfed down to reasonable standards (they will), the obvious group that is better on paper is the hib group - it has everything, including lovely 6 sec pbt on class that wears chain and can heal and buff (insta 6 sec pbt no less)
the mid group is next best off, mainly because of "always on" end regen that does not drain power like the paladin, and does not need to be "cast" in a fight, like the bard - and having a CC class also have instas, buffs, stun, insta stun, insta ae stun etc etc
Albion group is far at the bottom because of the lack of damage classes and the relliance on a caster for CC

may have missed some stuff, but theres basicly how i see it, may edit when i get home

F

fl3a

lol, i guess mythic is gonna take his RvR ideas and make the RvR expansion outta them.

just like they did with thane ideas: took them, altered a bit, and made a reaver out of them.

T

Tacticus

Except that in frontiers hib melee group sucks donkey balls.

S

StormriderX

the point, spamrider, was that you only need 3 base classes in each grp for group essentials - infact you get more "essentials" with that setup than most alb / mid groups are ever likely to have.

Albs need Paladin/Sorceror/Minstrel/Cleric - 4 classes
Mids need Healer/Shaman/Skald - 3 classes
Hibs need Bard/Druid/Warden - 3 classes.

Thats 1 class extra in alb boo hoo.

Perfect hib group would feature your set up but without the warden - mana eld instead of disease + str/con debuff as well as defensive pb'ing.

A

Amadon

Assuming savages get nerfed down to reasonable standards (they will), the obvious group that is better on paper is the hib group - it has everything, including lovely 6 sec pbt on class that wears chain and can heal and buff (insta 6 sec pbt no less)
the mid group is next best off, mainly because of "always on" end regen that does not drain power like the paladin, and does not need to be "cast" in a fight, like the bard - and having a CC class also have instas, buffs, stun, insta stun, insta ae stun etc etc
Albion group is far at the bottom because of the lack of damage classes and the relliance on a caster for CC
er
tank groups rely on end regen, bard is first target 99% of the time and VERY easily identifiable, bard dies very quickly, hibs out of end, game over
alb sorc mez's, does his job and dies, alb pala has uninterruptable end regen going throughout the fight and can be right up there with offensive tanks, providing defense for them as well as end regen
pbt is next to useless against mercs, savages or assisting tanks so that argument goes out the window
albs have far better tools for mitigating melee damage than hibs do

the balance is far more complex than the issues you cover

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by StormriderX
Albs need Paladin/Sorceror/Minstrel/Cleric - 4 classes
Mids need Healer/Shaman/Skald - 3 classes
Hibs need Bard/Druid/Warden - 3 classes.

Thats 1 class extra in alb boo hoo.

Perfect hib group would feature your set up but without the warden - mana eld instead of disease + str/con debuff as well as defensive pb'ing.

are you forgeting friar?

oh and to get PBT like the hib grp, mid needs a runey and alb needs yet another class, therg
(and they'll never get 6 sec pbt)

so its actually what hib gets in 3 classes takes 6 in alb, 4 in mid

S

StormriderX

are you forgeting friar?

oh and to get PBT like the hib grp, mid needs a runey and alb needs yet another class, therg
(and they'll never get 6 sec pbt)

so its actually what hib gets in 3 classes takes 6 in alb, 4 in mid

Perfect hib group (imo) has no room for warden so they won't actually have pbt or warden resists. Who really gives a damn about pbt anyway since assist >>> pbt. The only people who have troubles with pbt are noobs.

Also lets not forget that hib support do close to 0 damage.

Alb support do damage.

A

ab_fluid

poor bastards that still think alb r bottom of the pile t.t. Dark age of tankalot atm, hib has worst tank grp = hib = worst grps atm, think you made an incredily biased 1 sided post m00, maybe take some tips from FC how to play?

E

Ensceptifica

Lies, hib groups without wardens are gimpz0red!

S

schinkaar

Since many hib grp have a fair share of chanters they are usually the first target, not the bard.

Users who are viewing this thread