Discussion

A

asar

Hello,

First of all, could you please leave a normal reply behind. (thank you)

Ok.
About greykilling:
Why is it called lame? I mean it's realm vs realm and your suposed to kill other realm people.
Maybe you don't get much realmpoints for a grey con.
But it DAoC aint only about the RP.. I mean it's funny to see 1fg dead enemy's on the ground.

Then when I come at svasud.. Yes I kill grey there, not because of the 40rp u get for every kill but becasue then they will spam in svasud hey i need help so yellwos come out:).

And now you can call me a bit lame because I killed a grey con.
But now atleast yellows come.
And hey I don't see Hibernia or Midgard having any problems killing grey con Albs in Darkness Falls...

So question is: Is grey killing lame or not? And please explain why.

(note: please leave normal reply's behind . thank you)

A

asar

lol

lol not much reply's yet.. coz of decent reply's please? :D

I

ilienwyn

Re: lol

Originally posted by asar
lol not much reply's yet.. coz of decent reply's please? :D

Well, you asked normal reply not a flame. Blame yourself ;)

G

Garbannoch Nox

If people are exping in the frontier zones the reward is higher (xp-wise) and so is the risk; therefore if you exp in the frontier zone and enjoy the benefits of the higher exp you also have to be aware of the risk.
If people spare grey cons than this is fine but I also would kill greys if it served a purpose (ie like luring out higher ones like you said).

S

Subedai-Samil

ahhhh
there are few things as fun as running into about 3fg of lvl 20's
its like 1 hit kills em and ur just ploughing through em :)
ye its not a challenge but its damn fun.
prolly How DH feel against the warder zerg :)

H

Hotandsandy

Probably because this subject has been done to death ...

However, I think if people exp in rvr/joint realm areas (frontier/DF) then they take a risk and are rewarded by higher exp.

Lame? No - if there was no increased risk for higher reward then the system wouldn't seem right somehow.

But, just how much skill does it take to kill a low level? Zero. So I suppose it's down to how you want to play.

A

amazingsteve

Well, the main reason why I wouldn't kill a grey con, is because they aren't a threat to me. But whether i kill the grey con depends on the situation and my mood. Sometimes I just wave at them a few times, before i unstealth, sitting right next to them :) Other times, I PA them when they run past me. It all comes down to the moment really :)

R

Ravenbourne

i kill expers, why shouldnt i, though in df i will often let them go but if they are still there when i come back they die, why should the enmey realms be able to farm DF. If its a bone dancer or necro i prefer to kill the pet/s when they have made a pull savages/infils when their hp drops below 50% but any other class i let them rest 1st

C

Cloak_

Ppl seem to forget that wether or not this is Realm V Realm its still just a game.

Im sure that you dont need to kill a grey at a gate to lure the yellows out, damn sure just showing urself to them will make em say it in /gu neway.

If you`re playing this game and believe every1 from other realms should die, grey or not, then thats just sad.

Main point of playing this is to have fun.

Yes I have killed greys before but also danced with a few aswell :)

A

amazingsteve

oh yes, i forgot to mention. If the grey is savage, bonedancer or necromancer, i will kick the shit out of them, no matter the xp loss for them :p

A

asar

Ok so overall is: It aint lame to do.. go ahead if you want.

My persona thing is: As long as it are enemy's I kill em but sumtimes i have powerlvled sum mids aswel.

:) so depends on mood :D

N

Nazghul-

Re: .

Ok so overall is: It aint lame to do.. go ahead if you want.

My persona thing is: As long as it are enemy's I kill em but sumtimes i have powerlvled sum mids aswel.

:) so depends on mood :D

Since when can albs and mids form grps mate? :)

Ps we only exped together both were lvl 40~ish :)

A

asar

Re: Re: .

Originally posted by Nazghul-
Since when can albs and mids form grps mate? :)

Ps we only exped together both were lvl 40~ish :)

haha yes funny times 9except 40min disease in dodens :(

but im talknig about lowbies at svasud and who i beckon to crabs then pull a few and crabs miss all and they keep hitting :> so they get mass exp :D

K

Keogh

As has been said by a few people, you exp in the frontiers for better exp at your own risk. It happened to me many times in Alb frontier whilst leveling up, sometimes solo purps would do me and sometimes it may be a full group.

Even though I was obviously pissed off the first time, cause I knew little about the RvR side of the game, I just decided if I didn't want to get killed by a Middy or Hibby I should stick to Albs interior zones.

Saying this I don't always kill grays and I'd never give a hibby gray or group of hibby grays an exp death, mids are all fair game now, but I will kill them most times I see them.

Of course if a Yellow and a gray were running together I wouldn't even consider attacking the gray till after the yellow was dead and unless the gray was thick as pigshit or an alt of the yellow he wouldn't be there for me to kill after the yellow anyways.

K

Kallio

Grey killing is kinda lame since the enemy has no chance to defend themselves, I mean it was "lame" in a war to butcher women and children right?

Altho once my zombiecamp group wiped out a lev 50 theurg that came to keel us :D

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Kallio
Altho once my zombiecamp group wiped out a lev 50 theurg that came to keel us :D
Hmm, this sounds like Sirex. Was that his name? Please, please, I need to hit him over the head with it if it was. ;)

W

warlock_es

So question is: Is grey killing lame or not? And please explain why.

Greys tend to become yellows sometimes...

Just do what you want.
Dont listen to what others whine.

I always kill greycons myself.

V

VodkaFairy

Comparing your own ideas with the ideas of an entire realm ("midgard/hibernia do it too") is about as wrong as it gets. The moment you post useless crap you deserve to be whined and flamed at tbh.

Since mid got the str relics back it's perfectly possible to solo, hence I changed my entire playstyle and decided I'll never intentionally add/zerg/kill grays/kill unarmed people as long as the RvR situation stays like this. And hey what a coincidence, I'm a hibbie too :rolleyes:

If you want to kill grays, then by all means do so. However I think it's pretty annoying to exp in a frontier and get killed by someone there. Sure, it's the risk I take, but still it's annoying. So I will not do it to others either, rather a /hug or /dance.

And don't bring up the "but its a war and they are enemies" crap because that's also extremely wrong. It aint a war, it's a game, in which you look for fun and challenges. I don't give a rats ass whether the challenges come in the form of other hibs, mobs, mids or albs, as long as it's fun.

L

lpep

fair enough kill a grey if you feel the need,but the ones that kills the same greys repeatedly are lame....

but tbh i have alot of fun in df hunting grey gankers with my savage so please dont stop.....

P

phule_gubben

I personally spared 2 greycon albs down in DF yesterday, we danced and hugged em and then decided to walk up to alb entry to have some fun instead. IMO killing greys aren't as fun as killing yellows.

C

chronictank

greys appear red to the enemy realm now dont they?

if they do the grey is pretty much dead in one hit anyway if the lvl 50 gets a positional on him/her

btw i DO kill greys
Greys are the only reason to buy the best throwing axes you can :D
Entertains me to no end seeing people drop to my gimpy trowing axe dmg :E

U

uglymug

i kill greys and have done so at various times in past

why?

several reasons really

- having been killed many many many times meself when i was playing a lowby char by some enemy.. i guess it's a sort of payback

- greys won't be greys forever .. i kill them while i still can

- greys may not be a threat or a challenge to kill, but how much of a challenge is it for a fully buffed inf to kill my hunter for example? does he think.."oo this will be a close fight" or "oo easy rp's incoming!" ...i'd very very surprised if it's not the latter

- greys don't give huge amount of rp's, but rp's nonetheless.. and all lil bits help

- most importantly tho ... if i am in a situation where i can kill greys, the greys know that they are in that situation too (DF or frontiers), so it's not like i'm doing something against the 'sporot of the game' whatever that may be

i'm sure i could think up more justifications .... but i can't be arsed atm, in the end tho..yer an enemy no matter what yer con is to me, so i will take a shot at you

J

jatski2

Kill the children so you don't have to fight the next generation.

Seriously tho, I usually don't kill greys, they are so helpless and stuff.

S

Sohan_THC

It depends tho.

If you walking in emain / odin / HW and you pass enemy they be dead. they are there getting xp cause of the bonus.
they know they have a change to get killed.

but like when you in df it is really point less to kill gray after you have df for some time.
normal clean sweep is fun. part of the game.

but there are ppl like " where " who only live in df and log in when other realm has it , on stupid times and then run for gray blue ppl.

Now that is lame , knowing he has to stealth to you and use lvl 40+ poison on them , 99% insta dead , then he logs quick .

besides RL loosers as above there is no real problem killing gray's

On the other hand is more fun to dance with them tho.
what harm can they do to you any way.
had much fun with little kobolds in df. (ahw she did wet her skirt tho).

R

-RG-Jaond

Can kill grey as much you want nothing can stop you :)

But I dont, not so much of a point shit rp's and no challange, much more fun to dance and kiss them ;)

E

enli

all ok with the risk and so :)
just silly that some stealths dont do anything else then killing exp'ers
tought the best part of being a stealth was to duel and hunt other stealths :p

A

alme

fun in daoc = challenge
killing greys = no challenge
no challenge = no fun

imo

A

asar

Originally posted by phule_gubben
I personally spared 2 greycon albs down in DF yesterday, we danced and hugged em and then decided to walk up to alb entry to have some fun instead. IMO killing greys aren't as fun as killing yellows.

Can u explain why you killed my alt then in DF? Eldrys orso a ns and i sat together /slit at eachother. when sudenly uyou and 2 others apear and killed us...

I don't care that you kill grey I mean you are even suposed to kill me.. but dont be a cute angel at BW telling u don't grey kill..

Users who are viewing this thread