Gratz Albs on Relic Raid!

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
zx^ said:
so u justify an alarmclock raid by albs attacking Be4 midnight ??

i get up at 6 a clock each morning to, i dont go snatch relics. i got playtime from 17-24 weekdays and weekends off. Gotta like u guys calling for Alarmclock raid when relic were clearly attacked be4 midnight....

but hey mids started Alarmclock raids be4 and gonna start again it seems, so then albs gonna do it again and relic gonna shift owners every weekend ..

Good work alarmclockers u did ya job :clap:

i rather want a large midforce attacking at nighttime than At mornings cos some pple dont need to get their morningfix of Daoc be4 school/work/college etc...

Hehe, attacked before midnight... on a weekday... common, that is not primetime. Mid took Hib Strength relic @ 21.00 CET that's 20.00 GMT, now that IS primetime and that is after been in the Hib frontier the whole day. Infact i would like to call Alb's raid now a alarmclock raid.

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Imho RvR sux donkey balls now, unnless someone has Keeps in another frontier. If your not into bashing down walls/doors the "phonywar" is really not interesting, ei take one tower - loose it - take it back etc. A keep gives the other realm somewhere to port to and there will be laods of actions for all. I have little problem with Hibs/Albs owning a Keep in our frontier, makes em port and come play. When I look at a map and every realm has every Keep in their froniter, I think to myself - how fucking boring. After you have trown every attacker off the Keeps/tower what now? It's like on Sunday it whent from loads of action to no action :( .

However when you end up taking the Relics at 02.30 on a weekday and pad your salf on the back, thats a compleatly different matter. I have work to do and seldom log later than 01.00 CET, cba with relics - need to be fit for work, it's more important. Durning the weekend you can take em whenever your want, but this :puke:

I guess it will not change b4 Midgard has no relics, cuz if we lay siege to Albion, Hibernia will go Midgard unless we don't have a Powerrelic.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
Lol 23.00 GMT on a weekday is primetime? haha, call the closest TV-station and ask them if they consider 23.00 GMT primetime. And besides, you didnt take the relics @ 23.00 GMT now did you? Nope u snatched it in the middle of the night. Even if i was up @ 23.00 CET(wich i wasnt, normal ppl with jobs and school is in bed by then) i would have had to log and goto sleep, it isnt an option to stay and defend. Work/school comes before DAoC.

Again Gratz Alb's on relics, but it was no honour in the way u caputred them.

I recall from previous relic whine threads that 19:00-23:00 was considered primetime, maybe not for kids but as an adult i don't have problems staying up till that time ;) and no the relics weren't taken at that time, we opened the gates at that time, did you honestly think that after spending so much time taking your keeps/towers that once the gates were open we would just stop?

Anyhows we started taking keeps in the afternoon which lasted all through primetime, relic gates open in primetime, relics taken on the second attempt. Seems mids were more bothered about the power relics than the str since the numbers at glenlock were greater than the relic keep.

Oh btw is it only TDD members whining like girls? :kissit:

Gold

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
I like you're posts Bracken, you some up Albs nicely, stupid and hypocritical!

Mate, I agree with you that albs seem to be kinda dumb...but if you are going to call someone else "stupid", don't make stupid typos (I assume they were).

"your" (posts)
"sum" (up)

As for the relics lost...big deal...we might not have the numbers albs do (yes, I know Glottis, midgard has 10 times the population of albion), but we'll get em back.

As for the time of the raid...big deal...if enough people are online, then go for it. That goes for all three realms imo. Sure, it would be nice if the albs stopped whining about the time mids did it, but the average age of an alb is 16, so it's not very likely they'll stop.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
I love the whiny justification of a significant portion of mid pop.

If they do it at 6am (and we know they will - we're used to a complete lack of integrity and sky high hypocracy) then its OK and justifiable. If after 9 hours of attacks the relic becomes open at 11pm on a UK server, then its not reasonable for an attack and we should all go to bed and leave the mids happy.

For goodness sakes you saw it coming. There was no surprise here. Could it have been advertised any more widely?

But no - whine whine whine. Stand by for a 6am attack when no-one is around so mids can show off their l33tskilz once more.

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Anyhows we started taking keeps in the afternoon which lasted all through primetime, relic gates open in primetime, relics taken on the second attempt. Seems mids were more bothered about the power relics than the str since the numbers at glenlock were greater than the relic keep.

After you got booted out of Hild, many Mids logged. You then proceeded taking Bled at roughly 00.30 CET, my thought was cool - we'll have action for tomorrow.

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
I recall from previous relic whine threads that 19:00-23:00 was considered primetime, maybe not for kids but as an adult i don't have problems staying up till that time ;) and no the relics weren't taken at that time, we opened the gates at that time, did you honestly think that after spending so much time taking your keeps/towers that once the gates were open we would just stop?

Oh btw is it only TDD members whining like girls? :kissit:

Aye perhaps 23.00 is considered primetime ends. But u didnt take the relic @ that time, infact mids was aperantly there and defended at that time. Call it a successfull raid if u like, because it was. But u CANNOT call it primetime because it wasnt.

Again, gratz Alb's!

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Runolas said:
After you got booted out of Hild, many Mids logged. You then proceeded taking Bled at roughly 00.30 CET, my thought was cool - we'll have action for tomorrow.

When hild fell the relic gate shut on us as we were at it, a few albs got trapped relic side, at this point notts door was on 50%, bled had been in alb keep for the last few hours so i don't know where you get that from.

Gold

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
I love the whiny justification of a significant portion of mid pop.

If they do it at 6am (and we know they will - we're used to a complete lack of integrity and sky high hypocracy) then its OK and justifiable. If after 9 hours of attacks the relic becomes open at 11pm on a UK server, then its not reasonable for an attack and we should all go to bed and leave the mids happy.

For goodness sakes you saw it coming. There was no surprise here. Could it have been advertised any more widely?

But no - whine whine whine. Stand by for a 6am attack when no-one is around so mids can show off their l33tskilz once more.

Lol...

There are alot of people on this forum that whine when things happen. But not too many whine before something might happen. Gj.

:clap:

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
Sigh, the whine was much lighter 3 pages ago, now it seems like the usual rr post...

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
a few things for the people who didnt grasp the concept of NF relic raids yet

- it's not a "rush the relickeep in 20 mins and leave before defenders come" thing like it was before NF. relic raids need a lot of time in NF (unless you grossly outnumber your opponenet - but even then you will need more time than in OF). It's a matter of who is getting tired first: the defenders or attackers

- in 100% of the cases the relics change hands all 3 realms will be involved. In OF a relic raid usually involved only 2 realms. Now this is not possible cause everyone can see on the realm war map when one realm is taking keeps and the relic is in immediate danger. You think mids would have taken the hib str relic so easily if not half of our keeps were held by albs?

If hibs cant have relics then albs should have them cause as I see it now mids have by far the most and strongest dedicated RvR groups (also numbers are not far off from alb ones - and in a couple of weeks when the alb pve crew gradually leaves the frontier zones mid rvr population will be the highest of all 3 realms)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Dathcald said:
Sigh, the whine was much lighter 3 pages ago, now it seems like the usual rr post...
yup :/
well nothing unusal about it, it's the turn of tho's that werent actually there now, so now we get the generalizing-counter flaming posts,
ah well all serves to promote counter realm hatered, wich is needed really innit ? so guess it's a good thing..kill tho's albs, raid the lands, burn the villages, capture thier life stocks..and so on :D

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

- it's not a "rush the relickeep in 20 mins and leave before defenders come" thing like it was before NF. relic raids need a lot of time in NF (unless you grossly outnumber your opponenet - but even then you will need more time than in OF). It's a matter of who is getting tired first: the defenders or attackers

- in 100% of the cases the relics change hands all 3 realms will be involved. In OF a relic raid usually involved only 2 realms. Now this is not possible cause everyone can see on the realm war map when one realm is taking keeps and the relic is in immediate danger. You think mids would have taken the hib str relic so easily if not half of our keeps were held by albs?

If hibs cant have relics then albs should have them cause as I see it now mids have by far the most and strongest dedicated RvR groups (also numbers are not far off from alb ones - and in a couple of weeks when the alb pve crew gradually leaves the frontier zones mid rvr population will be the highest of all 3 realms)

Agreed that we couldn't have taken the relic @ that time without the Alb's in your frontier. But Alb only held 1 keep as far as i remember. This morning Alb's had the same help from hibs who held a keep and Alb did it AC style, we did it primetime.

Mid >>> Alb :clap:

Ase

Fledgling Freddie
For Xajorkith
Whatever Albs say to try and justify the raids, Albs took relics at 3am on a weekday, and most people were in bed, no different from an Alarm clock raid

Yes , the big difference is we start our raid when mids are all online
1600 on Exacalibur server , you start the RR when alboins got 6 lv 50 on and you 200 .
If you dont see the diffence is time to leave Excalibur mate .

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I know a lot of Mids will be able to understand the difference but no doubt there's some that refuse to:

200 people taking relics at 8am when there is no forewarning and no defenders online.

compared to

200 people taking relics at 1:30am when they've been fighting the defenders for the past 6 hours.

Which one do you think's more fun for both sides? (unless you only care about "winning" and really enjoy pveing keeps)

Would have hoped we could get away from the crappy "ahah! look who stole your relics whilst you were asleep with no warning, bet you didn't expect that" that's been Excal relic RvR for the past year and a half (if not longer) given we had a relic reset, but I guess time will tell.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
Agreed that we couldn't have taken the relic @ that time without the Alb's in your frontier. But Alb only held 1 keep as far as i remember. This morning Alb's had the same help from hibs who held a keep and Alb did it AC style, we did it primetime.

Mid >>> Alb :clap:

We had 1 keep but was constantly hitting nGed which iirc would have opened the power relic gates if it had fallen, hibs decided that the power relic was more important and defended nGed and repelled the albs. Had albion not had da behn and been hitting nGed for 2 days solid i very much doubt you would have had that relic.

Also there is a big difference between taking a relic from a population thats quite small (hibs) on the second day when their frontier is overflooded with enemies compared to a week and a half after release and against midgard whose population is large.

Excuse's = Cracked :clap:

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

Yes, I agree with you on this, but what I find really sad about the hole thing is that unless you "allow" someone to have Keeps in your frontier, or managed to get your own RvR really sux. This is true weather you like solo, duo, trio, fg, zerg or keep RvR. Albion taking the relics should allow us to have loads of fun in Albion unless Hibernia "fucks up" everything and go Midgard ending in Mids booted from Alb and Hib booted from Mid = dead RvR. ;) . All realms having their keeps is really taking the piss and can only be discribed as b_o_r_i_n_g.

...btw there were few Mids online last night, but I agree Mids compared to our numbers are the most deadly, mainly cuz of beeing better organized atm. Hib could be even better organized, but I guess to many have lefte the "building", but I guess some will be back.

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I know a lot of Mids will be able to understand the difference but no doubt there's some that refuse to:

200 people taking relics at 8am when there is no forewarning and no defenders online.

compared to

200 people taking relics at 1:30am when they've been fighting the defenders for the past 6 hours.

Which one do you think's more fun for both sides? (unless you only care about "winning" and really enjoy pveing keeps)

Would have hoped we could get away from the crappy "ahah! look who stole your relics whilst you were asleep with no warning, bet you didn't expect that" that's been Excal relic RvR for the past year and a half (if not longer) given we had a relic reset, but I guess time will tell.

To be honest, there were quite a few albs who didnt understand this for the time when mid took str relics back immediately after loosing them in old fronters the last time. Midgard jsut went to alb frontier from evening to late night and the kids got upset calling it alarmclock raid... same old thing.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
I won't have a problem if Mids attack our keeps from afternoon till evening and finally get the relics in the wee hours.

Unfortunately we all know that the only challenge Midgard on Excal enjoys is fighting guards when noone else is online and then posting "Gratz Us!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: "

It was Midgard's inability to raid primetime that started the rot on Excal. let's hope they have grownup a bit and are prepared to fight back in the spirit of the game. But I think we all know what we happen. One or two half-hearted attempts, followed by an alarmclock.

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
HISTORY (last days)[2004/11/25]
[03:50:03] - »Albion« conquered the »Midgard Melee relic« from »Midgard« - »Albion« conquered the »Hibernia Melee relic« from »Midgard«

[02:50:03] - »Midgard Melee relic« is »neutral« - »Hibernia Melee relic« is »neutral«

Says enuff with the times. Gratz anyway had atleast some huge fun wit h defending Nottmore

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
We had 1 keep but was constantly hitting nGed which iirc would have opened the power relic gates if it had fallen, hibs decided that the power relic was more important and defended nGed and repelled the albs. Had albion not had da behn and been hitting nGed for 2 days solid i very much doubt you would have had that relic.

Also there is a big difference between taking a relic from a population thats quite small (hibs) on the second day when their frontier is overflooded with enemies compared to a week and a half after release and against midgard whose population is large.

Exscuses = Cracked :clap:

1: as i said, alb's held a keep as hib's did in our frontier.
2: Agreed there is a diffrence. We did it primetime u did a AC raid, anyone can suceed with an AC raid.

Cerberos

Fledgling Freddie
Fragoverrule said:
HISTORY (last days)[2004/11/25]
[03:50:03] - »Albion« conquered the »Midgard Melee relic« from »Midgard« - »Albion« conquered the »Hibernia Melee relic« from »Midgard«

[02:50:03] - »Midgard Melee relic« is »neutral« - »Hibernia Melee relic« is »neutral«

But but but we started 24 hours earlier... so it is actually primetime rr...

Says the Random tincan.

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
if you defend the relics like you did before NF, its all good :p
but seriously, consider the fact that you now have to get up around 06.00cet every morning to avoid gettign a alarm clock raid on your ass :clap:

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
2: Agreed there is a diffrence. We did it primetime u did a AC raid, anyone can suceed with an AC raid.

LOLOLOL. Please explain just how it can be an alarmclock.

My alarm went off at 6am in the morning. I went to work (or forum reading), came home at 18:30 and joined in a raid already in progress. Logged at midnight as I have to work.

Growup little boy!

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:

You did it in primetime against a realm that couldn't defend them anyway due to the obscene amount of enemies in their frontier, the relic gates had been open most of the day and there was no challenge in taking them. We took both relics from you after 9 or so hours of fighting in your frontier, hibs don't have the numbers to defend what they were up against, you do, but you were un-organized and lost.

If you need to call it an alarm clock to make you feel better then no probs :)

Light

Loyal Freddie
difference of general alb rvr players and mid ones:

albs fight for fun basically turns into RR and succeeds - the main aim was to do it and battle for it, thats the fun part of the RR .. getting the relics is a bonus

mids - just want relics no matter how so they can pwn and fuck the actual fun in trying to get them

its a game u morons .. just try to enjoy it and have some fun jeez :kissit:

it all started at like 6pm when ideas of taking the relics were mentioned to most if thiings progressed well enough, i was one of the lot that had to log half way through, but what you expect, relic doors open - but oh no look its getting late now better stop .. duuh

Ixu

Loyal Freddie
grats albs ! Ya got something what we all thought that it could be impossible for ya!

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
You did it in primetime against a realm that couldn't defend them anyway due to the obscene amount of enemies in their frontier, the relic gates had been open most of the day and there was no challenge in taking them. We took both relics from you after 9 or so hours of fighting in your frontier, hibs don't have the numbers to defend what they were up against, you do, but you were un-organized and lost.

If you need to call it an alarm clock to make you feel better then no probs :)

So there wasn't an obscene amount of enemies in Midgard last night? ... two realms..

Well congratz on Hibernia and Albion again for the successfull Relic Raid. I doubt we ever will go for the str relics again. And enjoy the looooong time to upgrade a keep now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom