Gratz Albs on Relic Raid!

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Esran said:
Ooookaaay. Hello, Middie here. Firstly a quick message to all those who are insisting on whining about our recent loss being an "alarm clock" raid.

STFU

Ahem, thankyou.

Were you there? Or are you just looking at the times? I was on from 21:00 GMT right through to 02:30 GMT. Mids were getting a pounding all through that. There were people trying to call to arms before midnight GMT from memory. Before the relic itself was under threat, but is was obvious we were in some serious trouble.

What do you expect the Albs to do? After the first wave through the milegate were defeated and it was gone 23:00 ... check watches and go "oh well, better put the kettle on for a hot drink and tuck myself in for some serious sheep counting". Or instead, keep on running on that good 'ole adrenalin, realise they've still really got the upper hand and keep on hitting! What would you do?

Mucho gratz to Albs for seeing it through.

Mucho commisserations to Mids. Lets learn something from this and try not to have a BG with (as previously mentioned) 40 solo and about 20 groups all with 3-4 people in!

:fluffle:

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Esran said:
Ooookaaay. Hello, Middie here. Firstly a quick message to all those who are insisting on whining about our recent loss being an "alarm clock" raid.

STFU

Ahem, thankyou.

Were you there? Or are you just looking at the times? I was on from 21:00 GMT right through to 02:30 GMT. Mids were getting a pounding all through that. There were people trying to call to arms before midnight GMT from memory. Before the relic itself was under threat, but is was obvious we were in some serious trouble.

What do you expect the Albs to do? After the first wave through the milegate were defeated and it was gone 23:00 ... check watches and go "oh well, better put the kettle on for a hot drink and tuck myself in for some serious sheep counting". Or instead, keep on running on that good 'ole adrenalin, realise they've still really got the upper hand and keep on hitting! What would you do?

Mucho gratz to Albs for seeing it through.

Mucho commisserations to Mids. Lets learn something from this and try not to have a BG with (as previously mentioned) 40 solo and about 20 groups all with 3-4 people in!

It was an AC raid. Just because u was able to atend doesn't make less of a AC raid. Get a job or go to school, kid.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
It was an AC raid. Just because u was able to atend doesn't make less of a AC raid. Get a job or go to school, kid.

Even your own realm mates are laughing at you, give it up :)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
I whine because i wasnt able to attend becuse of the time :( One of the funniest things in this game is to do a RR raid or defend from one, but when it happens in an off hour that i have no possibility to attend i get kinda cranky. That to me is a AC raid. The AC raid Mid did was a long time ago, and still it was on a weekend, ppl could actually go up early and play, this morning i didnt even have that option.

your obsessed with off hour's since when has 3pm to finish of the raid been off hours??Mid started taking hib keeps at 10am took relic well after midnight.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Xajorkith said:
Albs are just hypocrites

..says the guy who tried to justify Midgards alarmclock raid with a "realmwide depression because of failed RR attempts"?

:D

YOU are the one who claimed that this is a 24/7 game and who came here crying us a river, so for once have the balls to stand up and be a good sportsman like many of your realmmates are.

Galiri

Fledgling Freddie
LOL!

Is there any difference of taking a "relic" in prime time or not?
Is there any difference if 100 albs/mids or hibs decides to set there alarm and go take "relic" at 4 in the morning?
Ain´t that just tactics??

So funny to read all this crap about no fare keep take:))
FFS the whole thing in war is to not let ure opponent know ure moves!

So stop all the whines until u know what ure talking about!

Let the whine of this post begin :clap: :m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Matmardigan said:
the point is now, when will mids do an Alarm Clock Raid 2 get all relics back?

we can hope that they won't -

I'm hoping Ardamel (or anyone else in Midgard that can organise worth a damn) does some proper prime time raids (I say raids because hopefully we'll be organised enough to defend against the first) involving tactics, strategy, diversions and the like and doesn't go on holiday so that some random punter will take it upon themselves to organise a 5am start raid :)

Incidentally: Tappi, the person doing most of the shouting in the cg yesterday, had never led a relic raid before to my knowledge - so don't think you have to sit back and let other people run the show :)

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
Whatever Albs say to try and justify the raids, Albs took relics at 3am on a weekday, and most people were in bed, no different from an Alarm clock raid.

When Mids did same thing it was a weekend.

Rauthian already stated that Mid will retaliate with a AC raid....

With the largest population, with the Hibs helping Alb why couldn't Alb actually do a proper raid like Armadals previous one?

FFS I thought NF would mean Albs would actually do reasonable raids, I guess not, typical lame Albs.
Before you make a fool of yourself (oops to late??)

Have you even checked when the RR actually started?
I wont say anything more, just scroll upp and pls shut up!

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Iorlas said:
your obsessed with off hour's since when has 3pm to finish of the raid been off hours??Mid started taking hib keeps at 10am took relic well after midnight.

What? In what country do you live? We took relic (the last one) @ 21.00 CET.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Esran said:
Lets learn something from this and try not to have a BG with (as previously mentioned) 40 solo and about 20 groups all with 3-4 people in!

Sounds like Albs defence BG from the previous night.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
After thinking about this for awhile ... I'm happy that Albion got the str relics.. sad but true, they are not important any more. It will take 40 hours? to upgrade a keep to lvl 10 for Albion now. And we can focus on the power relics.

So gratz Albion for making your realm weaker!! :>

Esran

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:

Quite happy with the job I have thanks very much. Should probably calm down and get back to actually doing it. I guess I just have the stamina to match an Alb and try and defend my realm rather than expect them to stop so I can get some shut eye in.

How about next time we're relic raiding we down tools and give up if the clock hits midnight? I'll be sure to quote you and all the other whiners when I suggest that in the BG.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
the point is now, when will mids do an Alarm Clock Raid 2 get all relics back?
The 26th december in the morning is my bet, Santa will have brought all mid kiddies new Duracel batteries then.

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
we can hope that they won't -

I'm hoping Ardamel (or anyone else in Midgard that can organise worth a damn) does some proper prime time raids (I say raids because hopefully we'll be organised enough to defend against the first) involving tactics, strategy, diversions and the like and doesn't go on holiday so that some random punter will take it upon themselves to organise a 5am start raid :)

Incidentally: Tappi, the person doing most of the shouting in the cg yesterday, had never led a relic raid before to my knowledge - so don't think you have to sit back and let other people run the show :)

Why should we hold back when u didnt? Noticed how u now say "start raid" and not only raid, lol.

Gratz to Tappi for a successful raid.

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
I still find it amazing how many people (regardless of realm) still can't or don't want to comprehend the new way of RvRing/relic Raiding. The "Blitzkrieg" raids are definitely a thing of the past; get over it.
In these new settings it isnt possible to take a keep in 10-15 minutes like one could in the old frontiers. A lot more has to be done in order to capture a keep.. the large congregations of albs/mids/hibs is proof of that. Also taking a relic is not something that takes a few hours.. with all the barricades that Mythic has introduced with New Frontiers expect raids to go on into the late/early hours.

I (Alb) was part of the raid till about 23:30 CET when i had to log due to having to work the next day. The mids that I encountered did their usual best in defending their keeps/towers. Respect to them. I suspect that there are quite a few people (alb/hib/mid) who are sitting at their desk feeling like a zombie due to having stayed up too late ;)

For all the whiners.. and i dont care which realm you're from.. go play pokemon or something.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Cracked said:

the raid lasted longer than 6 hours - why weren't you retaking Bledmeer? or stopping the albs from taking Hlid?

You see unlike a 6am alarm clock raid (AC raids are avalon city raids to me :p) which last an hour or two with no defenders around there was plenty of time for just about everyone in midgard to help out with the defence last night.

A lightning strike to take one of the alb keeps would have cut the port line and probably dashed the chances of the raid - if we didn't own bledmeer and open the gates the first time the second time wouldn't have happened.

Don't spout bullshit about how you couldn't attend or take part - the raid lasted 6 hours you had your chance.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
After thinking about this for awhile ... I'm happy that Albion got the str relics.. sad but true, they are not important any more. It will take 40 hours? to upgrade a keep to lvl 10 for Albion now. And we can focus on the power relics.

So gratz Albion for making your realm weaker!! :>

Mids just really don't get it.

We didn't set out with an obsession for +20%. We just had fun playing the game as it was designed. I hope, and think, alot of Mids had fun aswell.

We also hope to have fun when we have to defend, if you allow us to defend, and if Mids are successful then great.

If you are obssessed with only having relics for an advantage over others then it leads to whines and alarm-clocks.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Even your own realm mates are laughing at you, give it up :)

At 6am a saturday most people are asleep. At 3am (or 2am for the "its a uk server so gmt pls" people) a wednesday most people have to be asleep, due to work etc. So what is the difference between sleeping and having to sleep, can you please explain it to me? Ofc it wasnt an AC raid, no clocks were set, but it was still not very different from one.

Now, as I said before, I dont care that we lost relics, or how, but dont try to justify it as a good raid, when it isnt that long ago you whined yourselves blue here because mids decided to retaliate on albs right after your last engage-raid, resulting in a full nights fighting, with mids capturing the relics in the end.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Cracked said:
Why should we hold back when u didnt? Noticed how u now say "start raid" and not only raid, lol.

Gratz to Tappi for a successful raid.

a 5am start raid = as in a raid that starts at 5am.

If you have 4 of albions keeps down and fight us on the milegates for 4 hours into the wee hours of the morning then I'll not be complaining - I might grumble a bit..

if you have 0 of albions keep's at midnight and start attacking at 4am I'll be a bit miffed but sadly not that surprised :(

popa

Fledgling Freddie
perfect maybie now mids get out and take power relic soo all of us can make dark sm zerg :p
caster power :D

btw no use the 20 % 4 a infil the sm pet will intercept pa :p

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Don't spout bullshit about how you couldn't attend or take part - the raid lasted 6 hours you had your chance.

I´ll quote that next time you lose a keep and fail to retake it before you go to bed, and are lacking some relics the next morning, if you dont mind.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
noaim said:
I´ll quote that next time you lose a keep and fail to retake it before you go to bed, and are lacking some relics the next morning, if you dont mind.

If I come here whining feel free ;)

Though if we're down like one tower and there's no frontier action for 4 hours then a relic raid I reserve the right to bitch like a Xajorkith :p

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Esran said:
Quite happy with the job I have thanks very much. Should probably calm down and get back to actually doing it. I guess I just have the stamina to match an Alb and try and defend my realm rather than expect them to stop so I can get some shut eye in.

How about next time we're relic raiding we down tools and give up if the clock hits midnight? I'll be sure to quote you and all the other whiners when I suggest that in the BG.

Im not suggesting that, i even congratulated the Alb's on a successful raid, but it is still an AC raid no matter how successful it was. They have the strength relics now, congratz.

Take the relics without defenders early in the morning, or take the relics without defenders in the middle of the night/really early hours in the morning, whats the diffrence?

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

Though if we're down like one tower and there's no frontier action for 4 hours then a relic raid I reserve the right to bitch like a Xajorkith :p

There will have to be frontier action before, u need a few keeps before u can even take the relics nowadays.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

I said keep, not tower, hehe. And tbh, if we have a keep in your frontier and there is no action, I dont think we are to take the blame for that.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Treyguard said:
grats :)

1.45am's a bit dodgy, but hey it's a 24 hour game, so gj - just don't do any whining when it happens back at you

(cough) mids RR's not in prime time (cough) - although thats probably been said already, it makes a damn change for the albs to take the initiative and piss the mids off for a change.

/salute ALBION.

Flimgoblin said:

Class. My guess is those that didn't take part, or at least a majority said, 'oh we won't get the relic(s), so theres no point trying to defend / go with the zerg.

:kissit: & :m00: to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom