Gratz Albs on Relic Raid!

Marc

FH is my second home
Iloveuman said:
In the end what counts is number and at one point albs had more peeps beating us down in midland than middies had lvl 50's online =(...

lol

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
How very very sad to hear all these whines.... i got an idea. why dont everyone shut the fuck up whineing!!!!

Its all done and dusted... albs have all 3 str relics :)

So all you sad mids, STOP crying bout wots right and wots wrong blah blah....
you have lost the relics.. deal wiv it :eek:

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
tbh m8s make love not war, forget relics raids .. *removed* is where the actions @ :kissit: :kissit:

nerf... :wij: ffs dude...

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
thoguht you'd like it beeks :clap: thank olly for twistin me fragile mind with this shit...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
thoguht you'd like it beeks :clap: thank olly for twistin me fragile mind with this shit...

He's sent me far worse stuff than that.

Picture a bird being done up the arse, while the FAT FAT man doing her is downing cans of baked beans.

Earath

Fledgling Freddie
To all the Mid players that were man enough to congratulate Albion on a successful Relic Raid /salute.
To all those Mid players that stayed to the bitter end /military.
It is extremely gratifying to receive praise from one's enemies, and I sincerely hope that all those Mid players that stayed to the bitter end receive the credit they deserve for a valiant defence against overwhelming odds. To those claiming that this was in some way unfair because the relic was taken at such a late hour i would refer you to several posts (some pages back) from your own realmmates, who were forthright enough to accept that you had the opportunity to organise a defence at any time from 18:00 GMT until the relics were safely home and that in no way was this an 'alarmclock' raid by any sane definition of the phrase.

Congratulations to Tappi for a successful RR and major props to all those that took part on all sides for making the evening interesting. I look forward to Ardamel or another realm leader organising an attempt at a retake along the same lines and not pandering to the flawed stereotypical view that Midgard can only get relics from other realms by alarmclocking.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Still, most people dont go to bed early because they have work ;)

But lets just face it, most people are hypocrits in one way or another when it comes to relicraids, and what they whine at/cheer at depending who does them, including me ofc. But one thing is for sure, an RR-thread always generate alot of discussion and whining on FH, but tbh, it beats the fucking grats- and quit-threads by far :)

At last - something we can agree on ;)

Octo

Fledgling Freddie
Thats Midgard stereotype? Albion still got +1 alarmclockraid to Mid :D

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Gordonax said:
:clap:

Comprehensively owned by "the chav" I think Herbal.
Not really hes talking shit again, Ive failed two rrs one due to mass ld other due to hibs knowing a week before raid. I'm not jealous in anyway of tippi or anyone who does a rr. It doesn't take anything special to organise a raid just time spent pming people.

I've never claimed to be Mr Albion or even wanted thanks, i got a kick out of seeing plans go smoothly.

Anyone can can organise a rr you, me, a rr1 lvl 35 from a 5 man roleplay guild...

I still think its lame to rr at 2am wether you started at 6pm, 4pm or 3 weeks ago. On a week night at 2 am alot/majority of people have to log for work. I'd much rather raid when most of the server is online, its a bigger challenge and alLows more people to have "fun".

Grats to tappi he did a good rr, Albion now have 4 relics the most we've had. I still can't agree with the time though, it goes against what i beleive is the spirit of the game, which is having fun with the most amount of folk (from all 3 realms) as possible.

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:
dont think u can call it whine anymore tbh, its like a second language

;) Might be so

Aussie said:
wittor gave every alb 1 plat if they stayed awake

Then Wittor my friend u take this game damn to serious :)

Chiefthunder

Fledgling Freddie
:/

Why ain't FH like DAoC ;
" xxx says something in a language you don't understand. "

would be alot better for most ppl, less whines, less insults and less frustration :D

Chiefthunder

Fledgling Freddie
lol

if only this was possible, excal would be less populated due to injuries :D

monitor.gif

and this is me getting PL'd so I got so much I can do around the house ;)

army.gif

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Herbal said:
I still think its lame to rr at 2am wether you started at 6pm, 4pm or 3 weeks ago. On a week night at 2 am alot/majority of people have to log for work. I'd much rather raid when most of the server is online, its a bigger challenge and alLows more people to have "fun".

Grats to tappi he did a good rr, Albion now have 4 relics the most we've had. I still can't agree with the time though, it goes against what i beleive is the spirit of the game, which is having fun with the most amount of folk (from all 3 realms) as possible.

Would you at midnight have called for everyone to stop the raid after 6 hours of fighting? Personally, I logged at 12 as I work and also because I'd had my fun for the evening, but I just don't believe that anyone leading that keep-raid-come-relic-raid would have said "Right lads, its midnight, tools down" with the relic gate open. It just doesn't wash. It wasn't a particularly good "raid" in tactical terms - but it had a momentum of its own that Tappi made the most of.

You ran some good raids Herbal, but at the moment you sound like a bunny boiler looking to get back at an old lover ;)

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
I think the "Redbull raid" statement was spot on, i go with that, lol. :clap:

Let's try it in a phrase:

It's no use takeing the relic, Alb's will just redbull raid us again.

Hehe, it works. Redbull raid or short RB raid.

Sinista

Fledgling Freddie
Grats to the albs that were on the RR, Also a big /salute aswell needs to go to the Mids who defended them so well for so long and lets not leave out the Hibs /cheer J.

I wasn’t on the RR but through this thread I understand that the attacks started taking place in the afternoon and carried on throughout the night. If this is the case it can’t (imo) be classed as an Alarm clock raid. I also wouldn’t class the “taking” of the relic a prime time raid either but the attacks on keeps did start in prime time so I can understand why people may want to call it one.

I do understand why most people logged from Mid as work/RL issues should come first before a Game and for that I do feel sorry for you guys to log on the next morning and find your relics gone. Although everyone knows that the relics wont stay in one place for long so I wouldn’t be surprised if you had them back before this Sunday :( and if this is using the alarm clock tactics then you deserve some grats aswell for getting up so early :).

But onto the reason why I posted, Herbal just a quick question to you m8 as ive noticed you were a bit harsh in your first post about this raid. It might have been asked earlier in this thread but I couldn’t be asked going through all these pages.

If the events that transpired are exactly as what people have posted so far and the relic gates did go down before 12 gmt, would you in all honestly Stop doing the RR and log for the night? You organise these events to achieve a goal at the end, to hopefully have fun doing so and to show you are better organised (or have the bigger army J) then your opponents. After all this time spent I wouldn’t blame anyone for not giving up while the goal is still in sight even if it does carry on over into the early hrs of the morning.

This is not meant to be a rant to you m8 as I appreciate and agree with your opinion in regards to how a relic raid should be run during a time when all parties can participate and the defending army can at least come up with a defence. I just feel if you were in the same situation as these guys were you would want to continue as I know I would. I praise them for the extra time and effort they put in (also the mids who stopped on to defend their realm) as I do when anyone organises raids being it RR/ML’s/ Keeps or Arti runs even if it was to fail.

I hope you don’t take this as a flame m8 as that is not my intention, I just don’t feel that anyone would stop in their situation.

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Sinista said:
But onto the reason why I posted, Herbal just a quick question to you m8 as ive noticed you were a bit harsh in your first post about this raid. It might have been asked earlier in this thread but I couldn’t be asked going through all these pages.

If the events that transpired are exactly as what people have posted so far and the relic gates did go down before 12 gmt, would you in all honestly Stop doing the RR and log for the night? You organise these events to achieve a goal at the end, to hopefully have fun doing so and to show you are better organised (or have the bigger army J) then your opponents. After all this time spent I wouldn’t blame anyone for not giving up while the goal is still in sight even if it does carry on over into the early hrs of the morning.

Mr. Hairbal has been crystal clear about this issue b4. His statement should not have come as a shock to you, either you belive in something or you don't. The essenece I belive is that he Herbal preferes planned RR and not "Ad-hoc" RR that venture into the middel ouf the nigth.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Runolas said:
planned RR and not "Ad-hoc" RR that venture into the middel ouf the nigth.

Thing is, with NF you can't plan a rr in terms of everyone meet at CS at 7pm and we'll be all tucked up in bed by midnight with the relics safely brought home. RRs are going to go on for hours and hours. Now unless you either a) start at mid-day when half the pop are at work (so you have the same issue)or b) Only rr at weekends (like THAT'S gonna work) then this will happen.

If the keeps had been taken in the early hours and the relic gate opened at 3am I would totally agree. But the keeps had fallen and the relic gate opened during prime time - and those that carried on to finish the job can hardly be blamed. It's just nonsense and hypocritical for anyone to suggest that they would have done anything different in the same situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom