grats mids

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
you cant win albs , we have got the fun factor on our side :)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
Seriously Brad, if you read my previous posts on hibernia AC raids you will see that i said that if mids or hibs would take a relic in normal time i wouldnt care less and i wouldnt AC it back. But when mids take a relic at 1:00-1:30 am just pisses me off.
I understand why hibs were pissed off thats why i stoped doing it. But there was several mids that QQ about albs doing it and the some of the mids that were QQ were the ones that took relic at 1am

Didn't the mid RR raid last since around lunchtime though? How can you call that an AC raid when they been working the entire day and finnaly get it at 1 in the morning. How is that an Ac raid lol?

I dunno i ld'd around 9 pm and couldn't log back in, but i guess mids carried on and got the relic eventually and it got pve'd back a couple hours later. O well kinda show that some people can't bare for mid/hib to have any of their relics.:eek7:

illu

Part of the furniture
illu said:
So let me get this right -

Mids and Hibs enjoy iRvR in Albland a while, then some Albs start zerging a few Mids and Hibs, Mids raise a small Zerg to counter.
Albs start going to bed? Mids and Hibs bash another Alb Keep or 2 - Mids pinch Alb STR Relic between 9pm->130am

Albs say "This is an AC Raid!" and "We're going to AC it back!"

I haven't been on in a few days - but call me old fashioned but it sounds like this was a late evening raid?

Then I see some Albs moaning about Hibs and Mids working together - well let's think - Albs have a Hib Relic......Albs decided to take every single Hib keep/tower except for maybe 2, do you Albs think Hibs like them? Since the last Alb raid on Hib, the Hib population has nose-dived so I can kind of see why Hibs and Mids are teaming up.

I don't give a flying monkeys arse about relics anyway, Albs have enough nightshift workers to get them back overnight so they are meaningless. All they do is cause arguements.
I suppose they give a reason for people to RvR but I'm just happy for everyone to have their own relics and have a level playing field, and I'd rather have iRvR than the Alb STR Relic for ooooooo 4 hours?

Anyway - take care of my Midland while I am away - going on my Honeymoon so no DAOC for me for 2 weeks. For these 2 weeks life > DAOC :) But I'll be back! Especially to give that Kagato siege-monkey a good hiding :p

Oli - Illu

As predicted, the Albs have their relic back - no surprise there. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth because what work is done by the many during a day/evening can be undone by a small group overnight.
THAT is the fundemental flaw in this game.
And I love the fact that Albs think that an AC raid is one where a relic is eventually got at 130am.
I believe an AC raid is one where there is NO CHANCE of defending it, where everybody who has a job or works normal hours is in bed. Something like Sunday evening 3am->9am and the same every evening until we get to Friday night where the game goes into weekend mode, so 24/7 times apply because we don't have to get up in the morning :)

One last note though - I still cannot see the attraction in playing the game overnight when no one is on. Even though this IS a 24/7 game, I think it would only truely be 24/7 if people from all around the world played on our servers. The fact that it is mainly Europe that play it means it is in fact more of a 18hours a day game for 5 days of the week and 24/7 for 2 days a week for anyone that goes to school/uni/goes to work.

Anyway - whatever :>

Not much else to see here. Move along, same old rubbish. Go play the game and beat up some enemy (and that's real life enemy, not NPC enemy :>).

Oli - Illu

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
illu said:
As predicted, the Albs have their relic back - no surprise there. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth because what work is done by the many during a day/evening can be undone by a small group overnight.
THAT is the fundemental flaw in this game.

Illu, don't delude yourself, Mids took it with little to no enemies out, so did Albs.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
Illu, don't delude yourself, Mids took it with little to no enemies out, so did Albs.

They didnt start when no enemies out tho like some others do? :eek:

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Manisch Depressiv said:

and the albs hitting blend when mids crossed relic gate was non existant also ? :)

Thornbeard

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
I dunno i ld'd around 9 pm and couldn't log back in, but i guess mids carried on and got the relic eventually and it got pve'd back a couple hours later. O well kinda show that some people can't bare for mid/hib to have any of their relics.:eek7:

so whos pve'ing alb keeps atm when most of us at work/school?

MaCaBr3

Banned
Those mids fucking pwned our asses at the relic temple. Ok there weren't allot of albs maybe 2 fg or a bit more, but when the mids it was like:

/y hey, mids inc NW.

kaboom%21-thumb.gif

Relig gone

Edit: erm ok, didn't notice albs got the relic back already, but still.

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Blow said:
I should roll mid and join that guild

If anything your guild sould move to Hib and do what you been doing for the last year. Im sure you have more fun attackin alb late at night as they have more player most of the time . And you can still attack us mid ( I know how much you hate us :) ) It's would be a win win thing. But dont get too upset if some alb get pissed at you. Anyway give it a go maybe you like it.... New year new realm :drink:

cmr

Banned
jesus christ at some of the attitudes of people posting here, especially albs, i dont think theres an ounce of common sense between all the albion posters in this thread.

I dont care what realm it is raiding all day and finally getting relic at 1am is not AC not matter how much you want to justify your future alarm clock raids, yes its pushing the boundarys, but i imagine there were still a lot of players still online as there usual is at 1am and if the relic is under threat, people tend not to log. If you did log then thats your own fault. Compaining about being zerged? your playing albion, you have more players than both other realm combined, you dont have a clue about getting zerged.

As for the albion players i suggest you try to look at things from a point of view other thats your own selfish arrogant immature point of view (hi kagato) Playing another realm without logging on albion may help this, may i suggest you try play hib where there is hardly more than 20 hibs RvRing peak time, there maybe 1fg out at most and at a scape 2fg. Hib did well during the day yesterday even with a third of the players albion have, they put up a good fight at Renaris, died fighting and did it respectably. They do this to take a relic you took at 6am with no hibs online whatsoever, but yet when mids take at 1am when there are players online, do you see the whine in this thread at the start from albs saying they will AC back? its an unbelivable attitude, do you see the hibernia players saying that? no because 5 year olds have more sense.

You seriously need to think about the attitude you have and the affect its having on other people, or then again you can just go back to saying L0L|_0|_OZOLZ i t@kez d1 R3|_1C @|\|D Th3Y C|2y ! FUnN@yZ

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:
This fact mostly applies to all three realms tho.
Albs ACs Mids, Mids whine on FH about lame ACers
Mids AC's Albs, Albs whine on FH about lame ACers
Hibs ACs Mids etc etc etc you get the point. :p

And totally agree, they should remove towers and fix the keeps somehow, these days RRs are either about doing them non primetime or with a 200+ man zerg = not really fun in my opinion atleast. OF relicraids was actually fun to attend. :)

indeed they were fun :D +rep :worthy:

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
brad said:
Didn't the mid RR raid last since around lunchtime though? How can you call that an AC raid when they been working the entire day and finnaly get it at 1 in the morning. How is that an Ac raid lol?

So if albs start to raid mid at 9pm and end up by taking relic at 5am it isnt a AC RR? hmmm very funneh :m00:

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
How the fuck can the same people say in 1 post that this cluster is alive and kicking, and in another post say "there were noone online to defend at 1am" ? Sounds damn alive to me...

Conclusion is that someone has to explain timezones to Blow, most albs posting here are really snowed in, and this cluster is indeed dead.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Has anyone read 'Lord of the Flys'? Its a book telling the story of what happens to a group of children left on their own without adults.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
Has anyone read 'Lord of the Flys'? Its a book telling the story of what happens to a group of children left on their own without adults.

Repped:fluffle:

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
yeah at 1am :p guess that means we can AC it back lol

Yea as long as you dont set your watches to any later than 1 am, and as the clock hits 1 am you quit trying to take it back. Then its okay...(at 1 am there usually still are enough defenders left. 05.00 like you usually do it, is a huge difference.)

pinkey said:
Dont see why it should anymore either, mids and hibs constantly post on here that albs are op and there is more of us and its not fair that we take relics and do ac raids, funny how albs get stick for it everytime but its ok for mids to do it?
Sigh...you really havent been reading have you? Mids and Hibs constantly post here that Albs are the strongest realm, and therefor shouldnt ruin the game by taking relics at 05.00 in the morning with 1 fg of CM people. But instead hit either of the other realms during prime time so there are fun rvr for all. 18.00-01.00 or so.

And this was exactly what the Mids did. Come back and complain when
1. You have actually read anything in any post.
and or
2. When Mids or Hibs take a relic at 03.00-06.00.

/Charmangle

Jarroman

Fledgling Freddie
cmr said:
jesus christ at some of the attitudes of people posting here, especially albs, i dont think theres an ounce of common sense between all the albion posters in this thread.

I dont care what realm it is raiding all day and finally getting relic at 1am is not AC not matter how much you want to justify your future alarm clock raids, yes its pushing the boundarys, but i imagine there were still a lot of players still online as there usual is at 1am and if the relic is under threat, people tend not to log. If you did log then thats your own fault. Compaining about being zerged? your playing albion, you have more players than both other realm combined, you dont have a clue about getting zerged.

As for the albion players i suggest you try to look at things from a point of view other thats your own selfish arrogant immature point of view (hi kagato) Playing another realm without logging on albion may help this, may i suggest you try play hib where there is hardly more than 20 hibs RvRing peak time, there maybe 1fg out at most and at a scape 2fg. Hib did well during the day yesterday even with a third of the players albion have, they put up a good fight at Renaris, died fighting and did it respectably. They do this to take a relic you took at 6am with no hibs online whatsoever, but yet when mids take at 1am when there are players online, do you see the whine in this thread at the start from albs saying they will AC back? its an unbelivable attitude, do you see the hibernia players saying that? no because 5 year olds have more sense.

You seriously need to think about the attitude you have and the affect its having on other people, or then again you can just go back to saying L0L|_0|_OZOLZ i t@kez d1 R3|_1C @|\|D Th3Y C|2y ! FUnN@yZ

well said!

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
cmr said:

Problem is that you have different thoughts.
I say 'Albs AC' np ,
'Mids AC' np ,
'Hib AC' np

you say 'Albs AC' NO
'Mids AC' its not AC m8 its started the whole day,
'Hibs AC' its not AC m8 its started the whole day.

I would like to see your post 13 january when Albs MRE and that relic is taken that evening / night. I wont help with
relics in the midnight... but i dont care what realm takes it at what time ever.

Look at your buddies online now taking albs keeps do i care or whine?? NO....
You and your little friends would if it was the other way.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Blow said:
Problem is that you have different thoughts.
I say 'Albs AC' np ,
'Mids AC' np ,
'Hib AC' np

you say 'Albs AC' NO
'Mids AC' its not AC m8 its started the whole day,
'Hibs AC' its not AC m8 its started the whole day.

Look at your buddies online now taking albs keeps do i care or whine?? NO....
You and your little friends would if it was the other way.

Hmm...where did you see him saying anything like that?
He said: As long as there are a decent amount of defenders logged on (which is usually is at 01.00, especially if there has been a relic raid all day), then by all means go for it. Which Mids did.

Its not a difference of opinions, it is as he says, a common sense thing. The question you have to ask your self is, are you taking a relic for the relic it self, or are you taking it because you want some decent rvr.

A relic raid during prime time hours (18.00-01.00 or so), or atleast with its majority of time spent in that hour span, creates a great amount of action for all 3 realms. The defending realm gets nice action by standing in a keep bolting the attackers to kindom come, the attackers are having fun even if they are getting farmed, and the third realm gets an opportunity to either farm each side, or hit something of their own.

Now taking a relic between 02.00-06.00 will create nothing but bad attitudes and less rvr for all realms. Because there is no one to defend vs the attack, and when the realm has to try and get it back prime time, the defenders will be stronger than them and with the thought in their head that it will be taken back from the undefended realm later the same night, there just isnt any point in even trying to take it back.

Please tell me that you do see the difference between the two?
Its simply a matter of creating rvr or ruining rvr. And Mids choose the first, Albs chose the second (when taking hib relics).

/Charmangle

ps. I promise you that no one will complain if Albs go take a relic from either realm in this manner. (well atleast no one with half a brain! And I can almost guarantee you that there will be lots of praise to those albs from creating a great night of rvr. Along with promises to get it back during prime time ofc, instead of threats of ACing the relics back at first opportunity!;) ds

zetoks

Fledgling Freddie
thing that maked me smile before bed 8am, was that 3 mids.. Either, wildo and me .. wiped the albs at ther first attemt, but ofc couldt outlast 12+ albs in the end

snoepie

Fledgling Freddie
MaCaBr3 said:
Those mids fucking pwned our asses at the relic temple. Ok there weren't allot of albs maybe 2 fg or a bit more, but when the mids it was like:

/y hey, mids inc NW.

kaboom%21-thumb.gif

Relig gone

Edit: erm ok, didn't notice albs got the relic back already, but still.

get ur ass back on hib u tit
sheep

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Haha Kagato u finally achieved true Daoc and FH legendary status!! :england:

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry Charm but 10 albs isnt a good defence tbh, even if it was 15 wouldnt still be a good defence. Mids charged Relic castle with near 5fgs, dosent matter if it started at 9pm, the actual raid was bettwen 00:30 and 1:30 am on a sunday wich means ppl have to work on monday.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
An Alarm Clock raid, is one where the Relic is taken early in the morning, where there has been no significant activity during the proceeding day to indicate that such an attempt on the Relic was to be made.

It is not an alarm clock raid, if there has been constant action around the keeps which control this relics. So if mid/hib/alb has been fighting all the previous evening/day to gain control of the relic keeps, then continue to fight on in one continuous action to gain control of the keeps and relic, then you cannot honestly wake up and be surprised you have lost a relic, because you had to go to bed, for whatever reason. School/work/exhaustion.

Can you see the difference?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
Sorry Charm but 10 albs isnt a good defence tbh, even if it was 15 wouldnt still be a good defence. Mids charged Relic castle with near 5fgs, dosent matter if it started at 9pm, the actual raid was bettwen 00:30 and 1:30 am on a sunday wich means ppl have to work on monday.

Please tell me that the albs posting here using this as an excuse to support continued AC raids arnt comparing 00:30->1:30 with post 4am?

We can all agree that given continued play, you can do one night until about 2:30 and still be fit for work the next morning, but not past 3:30am (which i find to be my absolute limit).

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Castus said:
Haha Kagato u finally achieved true Daoc and FH legendary status!! :england:

Infamy, infamy, theyve all got it in for me.

Had to get that Carry On Cleo quote in, it's my favourite.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:

Damn i should have missed that raid...cause yesterday we were 3fg's max...

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Hmm...where did you see him saying anything like that?
He said: As long as there are a decent amount of defenders logged on (which is usually is at 01.00, especially if there has been a relic raid all day), then by all means go for it. Which Mids did.

Its not a difference of opinions, it is as he says, a common sense thing. The question you have to ask your self is, are you taking a relic for the relic it self, or are you taking it because you want some decent rvr.

A relic raid during prime time hours (18.00-01.00 or so), or atleast with its majority of time spent in that hour span, creates a great amount of action for all 3 realms. The defending realm gets nice action by standing in a keep bolting the attackers to kindom come, the attackers are having fun even if they are getting farmed, and the third realm gets an opportunity to either farm each side, or hit something of their own.

Now taking a relic between 02.00-06.00 will create nothing but bad attitudes and less rvr for all realms. Because there is no one to defend vs the attack, and when the realm has to try and get it back prime time, the defenders will be stronger than them and with the thought in their head that it will be taken back from the undefended realm later the same night, there just isnt any point in even trying to take it back.

Please tell me that you do see the difference between the two?
Its simply a matter of creating rvr or ruining rvr. And Mids choose the first, Albs chose the second (when taking hib relics).

/Charmangle

ps. I promise you that no one will complain if Albs go take a relic from either realm in this manner. (well atleast no one with half a brain! And I can almost guarantee you that there will be lots of praise to those albs from creating a great night of rvr. Along with promises to get it back during prime time ofc, instead of threats of ACing the relics back at first opportunity!;) ds

Beno was taken arround 13:00 and 45min later alb took it back closing the str gates. from 14:00 untill 22:00 there was no attempt
from the mids opening relic gates, they where just with alot in albion frontier but thats because they had iRvr there. At 22:00
they where doing Renaris attack that stopped at 22:45, they took Beno tower 2 and it was retaken quickly by albs. At 01:00 when
i logged off there where 2-3 fgm roaming in Alb frontier but beno nor renaris where under attack. So when my group logged
at 01:00 they proberly started to hit beno. Just telling you that they started late, you cant say they where doing it whole day,
they where in our frontier whole day but just fighting albs/hibs. As i said before i dont really care how late mids or hibs or
albs will take the relic, but here on FH lots of people are not reasonable, when hibs/mids take a relic at a time that there are
not many people online they have an excuse or they will say pay you back so we are allowed to do that. If people whine at alb relic
takes (ac/late nights) then they should do the same when another realm is doing that.

Anyway that are just my thoughts and i know that most of daoc-fh dont share my thoughts ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom