game balance now more or less?

T

timbro

Ive been playing for about a year but only really started RvR recently. I guess most of the balance issues are surrounding RvR as opposed to PvE. Ive been through a lot of changes in the game, PBAoE and End regen being some of the biggest and i was just wondering what people thought.

Has the constant nerf/bug fix cycle actually balanced the game or made it worse?

Will we ever reach a stage when there is no tweaking left to be done?

D

Damon_D

//standing bend over Damon's say's "" Well if you a mid its gotten worse ""

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Damon Doombring

ha-haa, this is funny

J

Jonaldo

Well mids have had pbaoe added, endurance regen buff added and the two best SI classes (commonly said to be overpowered).

Albs have had bolt range mez added and various other tweaks to casters.

Hib got tanks that wear dresses who can't hit anything and mushrooms.

Overall fairly balanced yes :rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

I'd say it's more balanced than it was - still a long way from balanced though ;)

S

Sarnat

Some of it has gone from ok to worse, some of it from bad to ok...

IMO overall, it's been only upwards since release :p

X

Xeanor

This game is balanced when everyone has the same CC capabilities.

And I don't know what's the best way to do that, give everyone instas or remove them all.

A

allnewdave

Charater balance is pretty much irrelevant now.

It basically comes down to who's got the greater buffs/mezz/numbers.

Whether class A is matched to class B seems to make no difference.

Tactics was never this games strong point and I cant really see that changing.

A

amazingsteve

just give everyone the same HPs and a rocketlauncher:eek:

OT: worse, definitely. ESPECIALLY for Hibs

D

Dook_Pug

Casters are fodder now, whereas before Tanks were.

Instead of balancing the situation they turned it on it's head.

D

Driwen

but that happened by giving tanks cheaper ra's (+determ) and give everyone access to high resists. It could have all been foreseen, but it most likely wasnt as all that great a change. Now they will downtone resists a little again or atleast so I have heard. But as said for some people they went from uber to gimp and from gimp to uber, but on general the balance is going upwards.

and Omniscieous a good fg hibs can defeat a good mid group off course not all the time, but they might be able to pull it off and not with just really damn luck (as everyone resisting the healers mezz etc). This also goes for hib vs alb, etc. There are still some things to look at, like casters having no survivability and no big amount of damage which should warant that and hybrids not getting determ and so arent the best choice for a RvR group.

B

Balbor

the resists need to be sort out, maybe have a cap based on class, ie tanks can get high melee resist cap but some of there magic ones are lower.

Instent mezzes/stuns/roots should be limited to none AOE (except PBAE) and snigle target short range. Currently Albs are they only realm that cannot cast a ranged aoe CC spell while moving with speed buff. Instent CC is ment for defence yet they are usally the first offensive action taken.

Rethink RAs. Some RAs effectively add to a Skill with full effect (MoP). Just think if you could add 9 point to a caster line with full effect (ie spells) for just 14 point (the same as getting AugDex L2 and MoP L3). All realms should have access to the same or similar RAs (ie may be less or more effective) Each class gets 3 Unique RAs to pick but can only get one.

C

cougar-

realms are balanced, it's the players who decide whos gonne win.

G

Gewny

well nobody can claim the RA´s to be balanced. compare and weap...

O

old.windforce

Originally posted by cougar-
realms are balanced, it's the players who decide whos gonne win.

true, when alb ras are up :p

W

<Wels>

Try a newly launched mmorpg and compare, its much more balanced now then it was 1 year ago.

F

Falcon

Actually I found Planetside pissed on DAoC hands down for game balance thanks :p DAoC's miles away from it and you don't have to endure absolute boredom to get to 50 before you can even really play the game. Problem is, it lacks content.

G

Gewny

actually I feel that Planetside lack goal, I could easily played with the avail weaps, gear and viechles, but without any goals it falls.

A normal CTF game has more goals, there u count scores and can affect them ureself. But in planetside one person meens squat and all u can do is take a continent that will be lost before next time u log on.

Off topic I know but ...

C

case-rigantis

no realm should have insta cc, group purge AND pbaoe

no realm should have insta cc insta stun AND pbaoe

no realm should have bolt range mez

sort that and maybe the realms will be balanced

probl;em atm is certain combinations are too much ask any alb group thats been insta mezzed then pbaoed by 2 chanters for 2500 in 3 seconds

P

parisienscot

I'd say that the class balance has definitely gotten better - however realm abilities are currently extremely lopsided - certain combinations of RAs can produce a near god mode like state for 30 seconds (Yes I'm looking at you chanters and druids ;).

However it has been stated that a full realm ability review is in the works, and hopefully that should sort a few things out. Also it looks like they will tone down resists (and resist debuffs) a bit too.

The only thing that worries me is the new "Master Skills" coming up in the next expansion - hopefully this will not produce the same imbalance as realm abilities are currently doing and be corrected 1 year later... looks like we'll have to wait and see.

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by case-rigantis
no realm should have insta cc, group purge AND pbaoe, and be invul to ANY magic

no realm should have insta cc insta stun AND pbaoe

no realm should have bolt range mez , be invul to melee and CC

sort that and maybe the realms will be balanced

think you forgot a little something there..corrected now

P

parisienscot

BOF doesn't make albs invulnerable to CC

BAOD does make hibs invulnerable to CC though.

F

Falcon

Gewny yeah Plantetside did but that's partly what I ment by lack of content, there wasn't an awful lot to do. It was however perfectly well balanced imo.

Originally posted by parisienscot
I'd say that the class balance has definitely gotten better - however realm abilities are currently extremely lopsided - certain combinations of RAs can produce a near god mode like state for 30 seconds (Yes I'm looking at you chanters and druids ;).
Funny, I still find myself getting hit for over 400dmg a round by most melee classes with capped melee resists in this apparent god state.

An Alb tank group with BoF, SoS, Empty Mind, AoM, Resist buffs, Mezz reduction buffs however wouldn't experience this.

probl;em atm is certain combinations are too much ask any alb group thats been insta mezzed then pbaoed by 2 chanters for 2500 in 3 seconds
I take it you've never met a Mid PBAE group then? At least vs us Hibs you have the chance to slam, insta-CC or just plain run after the first PBAE hits. Mids AE stun wont even let you do that, not to mention the fact SM PBAE hits slightly harder to start with and on Prydwen they also have the power relics.

Dunno why people still whine about Hib chanter groups when Mid PBAE and Melee groups are FAR superior, as are Alb melee groups.

D

Damon_D

BOF doesn't make albs invulnerable to CC

BAOD does make hibs invulnerable to CC though.

1. SOS

2. Nahh they just stay mezzed for full 5 sec's...if we lucky..

P

parisienscot

Oh I forgot about SOS - another RA for the bin I think ;)

S

scarffs

However it has been stated that a full realm ability review is in the works, and hopefully that should sort a few things out. Also it looks like they will tone down resists (and resist debuffs) a bit too.

The only thing that worries me is the new "Master Skills" coming up in the next expansion - hopefully this will not produce the same imbalance as realm abilities are currently doing and be corrected 1 year later... looks like we'll have to wait and see.

And looking at you mr Cleric and Minstrel.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Damon Doombring

"Damons says"

Damons what?! I only assume it's his ass! Mein got it's Damon the Pet Detective! :p

O

oldtimer

>actually I feel that Planetside lack goal, I could easily played with the avail weaps, gear and viechles, but without any goals it falls.

This really applies to Doac too. Relic raids is a huge undertaking and didnt happen very often. Taking keeps gets stale quite soon. Which leaves you with another leveling threadmill where you pursue more rps to get another RA rather than getting a new xp level. This game lacks intermediate realm war goals that one or two groups could accomplish. The key word is to allow the player several options for the rvr gamesession, not just one, ie. roam around emain/hadrians/odins in with the hope to catch some enemies off guard.

Users who are viewing this thread