A few things i'd like to see in the game. (player friendly-non balance factors)

C

clearbrook

I would like to see something like a "loot group". Then when you do a large raid everyone on the raid would have the chance to get some of the golds etc. As it is if you have a raid with a nominated "tank group", then you can immediayely figure out where all the cash goes.

Also it might be interesting to see some styles other than "taunt" being used in the High Level Dungeons.

C

celtavigo

The only idea I liked was the trainers outside Aegir idea, cause it's lag a little when I play 2 chars on same comp in there..

The teleport idea; Hell no, it already destroyed other MMORPG's, it ruins the feeling of the whole game. Yes horses can be anoying sometimes but it's much more fun then lame teleports all over the world..

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Khalen
Cool a free (no irl cash) buffbot cleric for rent would be nice :) Because I think that is gonna be the class most rented and still people would go solo then basically.

I'm going to start a guild called buffs for hire and get a goup of people with buffbots to join them and charge people by the hour for their usage ;-)

O

old.ivan

Another idea :
<for levels 1-30>

- Players get damage adds/movement buff <on a short timer> from named guards

:rolleyes:

O

old.Tohtori

Update idea on the "tellieport" idea:

Pay For Speed Horses:

Basicly you have three tickets for sale.

5s -Normal speed.
50s -Fast runner
5g -Racehorse

Same routes(possibly new ones)

Doesn't ruin the atmosphere as there are different speed horses in real life also.

Comments?

C

celtavigo

Well I already think the horses are pretty fast =).. Would probably be easier to lag of horses with high speed and lag alot more so it might not be a good idea..

But alot more routes woud be really nice. But horse we could control outselfs would be awesome..

L

lairiodd

NPC crafters. No, no, no, no, no! All it would do is make a lot of people very bitter that they'd wasted tons of cash and weeks of /played. Who'd order an MP from a player which could take days to make and cost a variable amount when they can go to an NPC and get a guaranteed price MP in minutes. I wouldn't be against merchants selling all tiers of equipment but at 85% quality still (although I suspect that tailors would be upset at the loss of trade from armourcrafters if that happened).
What about they work exactly like crafters. You pay merchant cost and then the npc waits for 1.5*normal crafting time for that item and then gives you a random quality item.

This gives the following costs:

random: 1*merchant = 1.5*material
99%: 3.5*merchant = 5.25*material
MP%: 25.5*merchant = 38.25*material

It would be useful for players who cant find crafters for lowbie stuff. Maybe have it so that you can tell it the quality you want and it will chain make.

Like:
/mquality 99
you pay 3g
merchant says beginning crafting
merchant says item made has 95% quality
merchant gives 1.5g buy back
you pay 3g
merchant says item made has 96% quality
you pay 3g
merchant says item made has 94% quality
you pay 3g
merchant says item made has 94% quality
you pay 3g
merchant says item made has 98% quality
you pay 3g
merchant says item made has 99% quality
merchant gives you item

Thus it took the average 6 makes to make it. The cost was 10g50. If you had gone to a normal crafter it would have cost 2g to make base and still have got the 1.5g sell back on low qua. Total cost = 4g50 assuming the same luck. Also, the crafter would be faster.

I could see it affecting end game spellcrafting as people might use this system to make the 99's of the 10s gems and save the spellcrafter doing those gems. Hell, if the npc spellcrafter was in range of the spellcrafting table, id use them when doing a spellcrafting job. Maybe a slight increase in the cost for spellcrafting as you dont want it to be profitable to get spellcrafting stuff from a npc instead.

Also, it would severely affect alchemy as in that case the quality doesnt matter and also, the convienience of getting potions from a npc would out weigh the extra cost. Maybe have the alchemy stuff cost 5-6*materials to give the alchemist as much margin as possible.

Btw the npc group mates would be helpful but you need to make it so that npc group mates are nowhere near as good as normal group mates. Your idea that they can only do one function but still use up a group slot seems reasonable. The issue is that it could severely affect some group centred classes getting groups.

Like a mana regen npc would kill bards going to sleep with mana regen on :).

Maybe put in caps on the npc you can buy depending on your level. Like the npc can be at most 90% of your level and also one npc per real player. Also, have it so that the npc takes 3 times the normal loot/items from autosplit. Like you are at warshades and a bracer drops:
you pick up warshadow bracer
<autosplit> loot goes to npc tank ( and is thus lost )

Also, if the npc dies, you should have to go back to town to get a new one.

Then put in effectiveness restrictions depending on level of npc.

Tank: low level = less hits + less chance to taunt
Also, would probably not be able to stack mobs as well for pbaoe. ( could use go to target etc )

Mana regen: regen depends on level of npc
5-14: 0
15-24: 1
25-34: 2
35-44: 3
45: 4

The only way to get mana 4 is if the person buying the npc is level 50.

End regen: same as mana regen but +1

Buffer baseline:
Gets all the baseline buffs it would get for that level and also has nurture spec at 2/3 level. Buffer buffs group at random until it runs out of conc. ( and it has less conc than a player ).

Spec line buffer:
Gets 55% nurture spec. Then it buffs the group at random until it runs out of conc

healer:
Has 55% regrowth spec.
Heals players who are below 50% ( randomly choosing if 2 are <50% ). It uses the best major heal available to it depending on its spec.

Mage (ae dd )
Has 80% aedd line spec ( maybe more than 1 damage type ) and will target random mobs that the group has aggroed once it has been told to attack.

Mage (dd)
As above but doesnt use ae

H

Hargh

Or how about making any npc drain 2x exp? Or multiples(3x etc), thus grouping with pc's is always preferable but if no one is around you can still use npcs.

H

hiban

Originally posted by Hargh
Or how about making any npc drain 2x exp? Or multiples(3x etc), thus grouping with pc's is always preferable but if no one is around you can still use npcs.

i think that would be too much... then u can just as well solo with some downtime. Rather make it a bit expensive. like.. 100g at lvl 50? Might be a bit much maybe, but u get the idea. They should take as much exp and cash as any other player. But loot and drops goes to the player. As buffs/heals/dmg would be pretty low, they cant steal too much exp... (these are just my oppinions on this idea ofc)

C

ChillyDawg

u can already "hire" pets as it is, but its free afaik. Just roll a sorc or a mincer and u have a wealth of healing/buffing/doting/styling/evading/parrying and tea making pets at most levels above about 35.

Dawg

E

ethiraseth

if i understand it correctly you can only get an account vault if you own a house, sounds kinda stupid to me because i dont think that most people can afford a house for themselfs.
So no account vaults if you dont own a house? :(

H

hiban

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
u can already "hire" pets as it is, but its free afaik. Just roll a sorc or a mincer and u have a wealth of healing/buffing/doting/styling/evading/parrying and tea making pets at most levels above about 35.

Dawg

yeah, but thats in albion.. me dun wanna play alb! :scared:

E

Eyeinthedark

Originally posted by warlock_es
Telepads: NO WAY. It is MMORPG, not Quake 3 with it's personal teleporter.
Present teleporters is just a nesessary evil.

most mmos have teleports fyi, ao ac2 eve ps ...

A

asorek

Originally posted by hiban
Agreed, the teleports is a but too futuristic.

ummm we already have them, you pay a dude he teleports you to your destination..hows that futuristic?

Users who are viewing this thread