Balance of the Game

N

Novamir

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

in duels...

two handed is better in open RvR (but noone uses it)

and large weapon's 50 style is just evil :)

so you're agreeing with me that hybrid = rvr right?

V

Validus

if there was balance we'd have nothing to talk and argue about.

N

Novamir

Originally posted by shilak
Lol @ Novamir, Hero's easily outdamage warriors at the moment. Warrior using 2h is 115% of the damage of using 1h, whereas Hero using spear is 145% of the damage of using 1h

where's your proof of this? i just know a troll axe warriors hit me harder than i hit them (5.5spd spear).

and how can you compare using those silly %s when most heros have 6 in 1h weapon spec?

M

-mk-

Originally posted by king_kettil

I for one would leave mincers as they are atm on Eurpoe servers. Speed and some song ( not the ablative aura song though)

it seems very balanced that way.

yay mincers stay bot-class :eek:

the changes they made were either helping the minstrel reducing their lack of defense, getting them some PvE utility or just fun changes (stealth abilities..)

it is NOT balanced that albion has almost no mach 5 characters out in RvR, and half of them will become speedbots after SI ....

D

Darkh

yes, mincers would become totally useless stealthing ae mezzing nuking stunning <takes a breath> speed of sound casting magically sprinting high-level charming BOTS if they can't climb walls. boohoo.

mincers own, those who disagree have probably not found the spell tab yet. Just the thought of having stealth and area mesmerize gives me the creeps.

none of you seem to understand the underlying point of what kettil even tried to say. as soon as someone opens his/her mouth for a discussion it has become an instant reaction to fill the thread up with utter crap.

the fact that albion gets two classes with climb in itself is a sheer imbalance. do you need a test server to realize it? the test-server isn't some allmighty tool of divinity that will tell us if a patch is good or not. if you hear that someone got hit with a steel hammer in the forehead you can assume it hurts, while some need to test this apparently.

the only fear i have is that the inevitable imbalancing won't be acknowledged by mythic (since they seem unreliable when it comes to 'balancing').

this minstrel change will mostly affect keep taking and keep defense. it's going to suck, but some live with it and do nothing, some act on their opinions. i think that, wether minstrel needs love or not (can't understand how albion can make out so little of such a class since they whine about not being powerful enough) a second class that can climb and has area crowd control spells will be an unfair advantage in something that will be hard for other realms who can only rely on their stealthers to do all the keep defender killing while jumping away from the archers no cc class before 1.60 could reach.

seems like most of the people replying to posts as if you were a 14-year old whiner are the 14-year old angsty whiners who can't differ between a whine and a call for discussion.

M

-mk-

gives me the urge to reply - if you can't debate you start to flame ....

yes, mincers would become totally useless stealthing ae mezzing nuking stunning <takes a breath> speed of sound casting magically sprinting high-level charming BOTS if they can't climb walls. boohoo.

stealth is something debatable - it helps vs enemy groups at high speeds or enemy non-stealthers SOMETIMES, but the shadow zerg will get you one way or the other, climb walls is purely fluff

AE mezz: 5 secs casttime, sticks for about 10 seconds :m00: veeery uber, a spell i wouldn't mind to lose completely

nukes? you mean the body-resist DD shouts every 15 seconds, who drain about 1/5th of your endurance every cast? those were meant to augment our fantasitic melee abilities...
a standard nuke has 1500 range and no timer :p nerf thanes, for they are nuking chainwearers with medium shields (anyone remember smite clerics?)

SoS is a solo tailblazing tool, it's in no way a uber group purge, nor is it effective for offensive purposes - with SoS you can run while mezzed, that's all, and most groups don'T even know when it's active - again veery uber, no, it's the class defining ability :clap:

since when is sprinting a magic ability? perhaps you meant or music speed 5 .... there are twice as many skalds as minstrels, so please don't cry

high level charming? ever tried the minstrel charm? the only stable pets are greencon :eek:

and again: we can't use any two abilities of those mentioned above at one time - well, maybe SoS and running away

none of you seem to understand the underlying point of what kettil even tried to say. as soon as someone opens his/her mouth for a discussion it has become an instant reaction to fill the thread up with utter crap.
seems like most of the people replying to posts as if you were a 14-year old whiner are the 14-year old angsty whiners who can't differ between a whine and a call for discussion.

who's flaming, huh?

do you need a test server to realize it? the test-server isn't some allmighty tool of divinity that will tell us if a patch is good or not.

it's a test-patch, no reasons to freak out. if it's uber, they'll tune it down - just like ranged insta CC ;) but oh - they didn't take that out. your bad luck i guess :m00:

i don't think minstrels are total gimps, but as it stands now they're almost extinct and they DO need some tweaks
if the test results (most likely) or you (not so likely) prove me wrong, i'm game :D

O

old.Vae

Why are there all these comments about Albion having 2 classes with climb walls as being an uber thing. Same with comments about albs having 2 more classes than mids being a great thing as well???

It doesn't make sense!
The population of infs and minstrels probably about equals the amount of shadowblades anyway.
Having 2 more classes means each class ends up with less abilities because they are more spread out whereas on mids/hibs they are more concentrated. Look at runies being able to be great nukers and also they can have PBT. Oh these are in different spec lines you say? Well so are the minis abilities - they can't be uber in everything.

Now you can split hairs on this all you like but having more classes to choose from just means albion has less of each class! (all this assuming the same population in each realm of course).

Oh and also Dragonfang is not an uber style. Dragonfang and evade 7 is what makes it so good. Doesn't really work very well on a merc with evade 1!

Basicly these couple of patches are some class fixing and some realm rebalancing - I'm sure the next few patches will be reviewing Mid and hib classes anyway and as someone pointed out either in this thread or one of the many other whines knowing Goa we'll get them all in one patch anyway!

O

old.Filip

i dunno what class king_kettle plays ..
but to me it seems he playes a stealther from midgaard ..

i think the patch is a major bummer to the stealth war ...
albs should be far superior there when patch hits ... alb stealter team are allrdy the best so...

but in the fg vs fg alb still will have huge problems vs the hibs..

any time i would swap min minser for a bard or the sorc's would swap for a pac healer.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Novamir

so you're agreeing with me that hybrid = rvr right?

better in PvE too :)

however a hibernian hybrid will be that much better :(

C

Coren

Originally posted by king_kettil
< cuaghs> I say again.. Albion got 3 stealther classes when hib/mib got 2.. so if mincers can't hide form see hidden they still got an advantage if there is noone with see hidden around..

Midgard got 4 tank classes and Hibernia got 3 healing classes. Your point?

C

Coren

Originally posted by Darkh

mincers own, those who disagree have probably not found the spell tab yet. Just the thought of having stealth and area mesmerize gives me the creeps.

People that just look at a spell list and claim a class is overpowered based on that without even looking at the details of the spells give me the creeps.

I especially liked the 'ae mezzing nuking'-part. :p

G

Gallak

nerf thanes, for they are nuking chainwearers with medium shields (anyone remember smite clerics?)

Yeah I remember smite clerics, they're the ones with the heals and resses and mezzes as well as the smite line right? Don't bring thanes into a discussion on stealth classes.

G

granny

Just started playing DaoC again after an 8 month break from it and I can't believe you're all still having exactly the same arguments on the boards as you were 8 months ago!

So many of you seem to think your class is gimped and all others are uber, jesus it's sad. Fact of the matter is if you're not enjoying the game any more (and it sounds like a lot of you aren't from the amount of whinging you do here) then maybe you've been playing it for too long and need a break? Or a life? I dunno. Take your pick.

I'm really glad I stopped playing it for a while - coming back to it now there's all sorts of new things to look forward to. Darkness Falls, realm abilities, new classes & races soon, it all feels fresh and fun again :)

Seriously people - if you find yourself being unhappy about your class or the way the game is then simply stop for a while. It's an addiction and if you find you can't stop even when you're not enjoying it then you've got a problem ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom