~Football~ Champions League

Lethul

FH is my second home
Seeing as a manc and tv commentry agree Arsenal were better my tinted glasses appear less tinted than yours

The commentary on my tv said Liverpool was better!!!!!!!111

Lethul

FH is my second home
Do you mean the commentry on your stolen car streo?? !!!!!!!111

No. I don't have a car stereo :(

Just for the record. IMO:

Arsenal dominated first 20-25. Could have punctured the game with 2, even 3 goals in this period if they would have been lucky/liverpool unlucky. Sadly (for them) they started slacking more and more and Liverpool took over. The penalty was as i said as much penalty as last weeks game, neither was a penalty tho imo. But apparently this ref was better since most people said the last one sucked cause of not blowing penalty.

And Senderos :sex: , almost as good as Bendtner

Marc

FH is my second home
Has any team, ever capitulated so spectacularly like Arsenal have this season?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I agree with Lethul that the penalty today WASN'T a penalty

but

I disagree with Lethul that the penalty in last week wasn't penalty, because that was CLEARLY a penalty!

Like someone said last week: "Would only have been a bigger penalty if Kuyt had headbutted Hleb on the way down"

Marc

FH is my second home
First troll to make Soze implode gets a rep :D

Its time likes this I miss Keitan.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The arsenal squad still isn't quite there, give it a year or two and they will dominate, thats the theory anyway :p

awesome game from a neutral perspective, the better team won on the night.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Yeah, the better team won due to Arsenal having Senderos as center back

ps. New title FUCK YEAH!! Child of TdC!! It's 500posts total or something like that.. Right? :D

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
What a game. Voice is absolutely hoarse. Benetiz got the formation wrong, i dont think we would have been in so much trouble if we had just played our normal 4-5-1 with Babel in for Crouch and playing on the left. Even tho Crouch provided the assist for Torres' goal. As for penalties I thought both were greyish area, but penalties. Feel quite sorry for Arsenal after the way their season has fallen apart around them. Frustrating that we have to play Chelsea again in semi's, dont think we will beat them this time. Dont know why, we are a lot stronger than last time but i just think it is their time to beat us.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Would you have preferred to see Bridgey knock you out again? ;):D

gohan

FH is my second home
First troll to make Soze implode gets a rep :D

Its time likes this I miss Keitan.

tbh liverpool domanated from start to finish arsenal got a few lucky goals could and should of been 5/6-0 EASY shame bendtner didnt play or would have been 4-0

walcott got lucky as defender slipped on adebayors tears

how am i doing so far?

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
I thought both (satdi and tonight) were penalties.

Unlucky Arsenal but thats how it goes. Super 2nd goal from Arsenal. Walcott wasn't lucky, he looked up and played it behind the Liverpool defender.

Lucky Liverpool. Lucky Benitez. They'll still never win the league with him in charge though.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Arsenal totally bossed the first 20-25 minutes but then the pace of the game picked up and they didn't look as comfortable. For the second 20 minutes of the first half Liverpool were the better team. For the second half I think Liverpool edged it, Arsenal looked threatening in short spells but they never really looked completely comfortable.

After we got the second goal we should of closed up far better than we did. I think we realised that 2 wasn't going to be enough going into the last 5 minutes and we needed a 3rd. There's no way that we should of been caught 4 on 2, 7 minutes from the end when we were winning, even if Walcotts play was brilliant.

The penalty was as much a penalty as any of the others. If it hadn't been for the 2 that Arsenal didn't get I don't think there would be much debating about it tbh. Arsenal should of got the one in the first leg, we should of got the one in the second leg. In any other game it would of been called a penalty and not argued about.

The scoreline flattered us in the end but it's always likely to happen when your in that position, 4-2 or 4-3 is much the same so it's not worth worrying about it.
Think the deciding factor in the game was the Adebayor miss tho. If he had just put his foot on the ball Arsenal would of gone through.

The penalty that wasn't given i'm not sure about. It should of been a penalty, but the teams would of approached this game in a different manner if Arsenal had come into the tie 2-1 up so it's impossible to say what the outcome would of been. In cup competitions you sometimes need some luck. This time we got it, that's just football. It's also about taking chances when you get them on the night. When it came to the big moments, Liverpool took theirs, Arsenal didn't.

If nothing else the winner tonight was football. It's nights and matches like that when it's worth watching, even if your on the wrong side of it. I don't think neutrals could of wished for a better game.

Marc said:
Has any team, ever capitulated so spectacularly like Arsenal have this season?

Newcastle is about the only other example I can think of.

Marc

FH is my second home
Liverpool vs Chelsea semi final. The 2 most boring teams in Premiership history.

I so hope us, or man utd win the champions league. I dont want a team playing negative football to win the champs league, I want a free flowing, attacking team to win it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I went to bed so no baiting me.

This is what i think. Arsenal dominated the tie over 2 legs and the only way liverpool are though is blind luck with 2 penalty descions.

If arsenal had that diving faggot Torres we would have beat Liverpool 4-1 at the Emirates and last night would not have mattered the fact our strikers have no teeth cost us again.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

This is what i think. Arsenal dominated the tie over 2 legs and the only way liverpool are though is blind luck with 2 penalty descions.

If arsenal had that diving faggot Torres we would have beat Liverpool 4-1 at the Emirates and last night would not have mattered the fact our strikers have no teeth cost us again.

Have to agree you played the better football in both games, Liverpool are effective at what they do though and they always get the rub of the green in these kind of matches.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Liverpool vs Chelsea semi final. The 2 most boring teams in Premiership history.

I so hope us, or man utd win the champions league. I dont want a team playing negative football to win the champs league, I want a free flowing, attacking team to win it.

Yep that would be my preference too, if neither could win I would have to go for Chelsea though.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
A neutral here but i really thought arsenal were the better team over the two legs however i have to give it up for liverpool.....mentaly...theres no team in europe i think who can touch them....how often do they go into a game under dogs..or behind...and come back...how often do they go behind..only to score...nothing seems to phase them...having said that this only the case in big games which is the reason i think they can only perform in europe.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I would rather Liverpool get through so we can beat them in the final.

Arsenal were superb and based on the pleasure I get from watching them they deserved to go through.

Once Liverpool scored their second they switched to their well trained 4-6-0 formation, its meant to be entertaining ffs. Kuyt running into the corner on 85 minutes is a fucking shambles.

I hate the way that the commentators seem to have an increased volume button for Gerrard and Lampard. I FUCKING HATE IT!!!!

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
GERRARD! I know what you mean, the commentator on sky sports thats normally buddied up with Andy Gray gives it this all the time.

Anyway, fuck this diddy cup, mon the Gers for Thursday night :D

Lethul

FH is my second home

Barca are a lost cause without Messie/Ronnie. They better pray messi will be back and in form for semi's (is he back already maybe i dunno).

Marc

FH is my second home
Barca are a lost cause without Messie/Ronnie. They better pray messi will be back and in form for semi's (is he back already maybe i dunno).

yes, Messi should be back for the semi

Everz

FH is my second home
oh joy of joys another european snore fest of Liverpool/Chelsea... least United/Barca will be a fun entertaining affair.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie

Arsenal were fine until it actually came down to the wire.. Then they bottled it.
I wouldn't say they looked like the better team for the last 60 minutes of the contest which is when it really mattered. They look great when they are in control but horrible when they have to go try and really chase a game. Keep blaming one bad descision tho if it makes you feel better.. Your 2 forwards with their horrific miss and goal line save would be where I would actually consider the game was lost, not the ref's descision tho..

Calean said:
Kuyt running into the corner on 85 minutes is a fucking shambles.

Oh please have more double standards.. Unless you fail to support a football team then i'm fairly sure I can find at least 100 times someone from your team has done exactly that!
Last time I checked then we also got caught 4 vs 2 at the back and scored 2 goals since we switched to our boring 4-6-0 formation. Since that produced 3 goals in 10 minutes (even with all the running into the corner) then maybe more teams should consider playing it so we can have exciting matches eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom