FH Fitness Thread

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well Deebs' nose isn't very long, but quite thick and heavy. I've.......been.......told....... :(

ileks

Part of the furniture
Decided to give the P90X DVD a go. Did the Plyometrics workout today and nearly died. It absolutely fucked me.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ileks a guy at work was telling me about that, also the insanity workout. Both are hard, but give great results.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's called "a pattern" Bahumat. ;)

To be fair - my missus' parents bought 'em about a year ago. I couldn't give a fuck what I eat off as long as it doesn't look like a print of vomit...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
It's called "really old man pattern" Bahumat. ;)

To be fair - my missus' parents bought 'em about a year ago. I couldn't give a fuck what I eat off as long as it doesn't look like a print of vomit...

Oh right!

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Dark lentils?

Mine tasted sooooo good, missus liked it too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dark lentils?

Yeah. Used red lentils. They were darker than usual (though they're normally darker than yours anyway - it's just the giant sack of lentils I have) - I think because I put the crushed cumin seeds in early on.

Usually I'd put the cumin seeds in about 5 minutes from finishing cooking - they can have a slightly bitter taste if cooked for long. But the missus really loved it.

What type of lentils did you put in yours?

Appollo

Part of the furniture
They where orange in the bag, we cooked the cumin seeds straight away. I followed a recipe on YouTube I got from a curry club.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Ileks a guy at work was telling me about that, also the insanity workout. Both are hard, but give great results.

I think it might be too much for me. Never done weight lifting before. Right now I can barely extend my arms, my stomach is fucked, my back is fucked and my legs are fucked from squatting. I look like a spastic T-rex :( It took me 5 minutes to get my shirt off today.

I am told after a week or so you get used to it and don't ache so much afterwards...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
When I first started working out the squats and straight leg dead lifts made me feel like a spastic. When I walked my knee wobbled randomly so I looked drunk haha! Give it 4 days and once the soreness/weird muscle effect has gone you won't get any more problems

I had the few days of being handicapped, then the next time I was fine, just a bit sore as you would expect.

Take your protein if you're not getting enough as this helps recovery

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Also think on this. People older, fatter, more unfit have done what you're doing and succeeded so you CAN DO IT! ;)

ileks

Part of the furniture
When I first started working out the squats and straight leg dead lifts made me feel like a spastic. When I walked my knee wobbled randomly so I looked drunk haha! Give it 4 days and once the soreness/weird muscle effect has gone you won't get any more problems

I had the few days of being handicapped, then the next time I was fine, just a bit sore as you would expect.

Take your protein if you're not getting enough as this helps recovery

That's encouraging :) Taking whey protein plus i generally eat loads of meat so should be good for protein.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Cool beans

I need to drop some fat so I am going to try Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's 6 days a week I believe, but only 30 minutes so it will be easier to fit in the day.

Nate

FH is my second home
Yeah it does seem to make you in to a super hot but sadly arnie-esque woman.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I think it might be too much for me. Never done weight lifting before. Right now I can barely extend my arms, my stomach is fucked, my back is fucked and my legs are fucked from squatting. I look like a spastic T-rex :( It took me 5 minutes to get my shirt off today.

I am told after a week or so you get used to it and don't ache so much afterwards...

It does improve, but then you just push harder.

As said, get your diet right, get enough calories of the right sort into yourself. Read the diet guide. It's surprising how much you need to be eating and I struggle to eat enough, so supplement it with powdered whey protein. 2 scoops in a breakfast shake of fat free yoghurt, blueberries and banana, and another 2 scoops in an afternoon drink. This will help with fixing the soreness more quickly. You have to put a surprising amount of calories into your body to keep up with the program, or you'll feel rubbish.

I don't know if weight loss is your goal? But don't sweat the amount of calories in, so long as you are eating 'clean'. If you're working out hard for an hour a day 6 days a week, you are going to change your shape/get stronger/more agile/feel better. I'm the same weight I was when I started 53 days ago, but I'm 3 inches narrower around the waist.

Also, you know Tony keeps mentioning the recovery drink? That's cos it works. There are very expensive recovery drinks out there from maximuscle et al, but look for chocolate milk with as close to a 4 to 1, carbs to protein ratio, and get 250ml or so of that in you as soon as you can after exercising. It's amazing how well it works, I was skeptical but if I run out, the next day I'm really sore, so I make sure I always have some. Triathletes have been keeping it a secret for a long time...

I was a bit unsure about P90x, there's a lot of jokes out there about it, it's very American, and you have to put up with that somewhat, but the results are undeniable. I'm in a couple of good facebook groups, as well as a challenge group on the Team Beachbody forum. There's loads of info and support out there, and I've had a lot of contact with people who are doing, or have done it. If you stick with it, and keep pressing play, you're going to see amazing results.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
I'm off for a week then I'm gonna lose my last few pound and then try this p90 fandango. Only things is I need to start a 12 week running program mid/end of November so dunno if a good idea to do both.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
209.6 this morning, officially 14stonesomething in imperial weight.
200 is the next goal though, as my bmi would be 25.0, also only 1lb from 199 ( woo ). Not sure what my final goal is going to end up being, but for now its 200lb.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ECA said:
200 is the next goal though, as my bmi would be 25.0, also only 1lb from 199 ( woo ). Not sure what my final goal is going to end up being, but for now its 200lb.

Well done ECA! Keep it up

Appollo

Part of the furniture

Good job mate! I'm down to 193, 4lb off target. In the words of Star Wars "stay on target!""

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Ooh just checked my BMI 24.5, 1st time I have been healthy weight in about 13 years :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
30 mile bike rides on "fast days" are hard.

Slowly losing the weight. Not measuring myself any more tho. CBA with that. :)

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Yeh I tried a run on the 2nd day of back to back fasting and I was like waddafuck!

ileks

Part of the furniture
It does improve, but then you just push harder.

As said, get your diet right, get enough calories of the right sort into yourself. Read the diet guide. It's surprising how much you need to be eating and I struggle to eat enough, so supplement it with powdered whey protein. 2 scoops in a breakfast shake of fat free yoghurt, blueberries and banana, and another 2 scoops in an afternoon drink. This will help with fixing the soreness more quickly. You have to put a surprising amount of calories into your body to keep up with the program, or you'll feel rubbish.

I don't know if weight loss is your goal? But don't sweat the amount of calories in, so long as you are eating 'clean'. If you're working out hard for an hour a day 6 days a week, you are going to change your shape/get stronger/more agile/feel better. I'm the same weight I was when I started 53 days ago, but I'm 3 inches narrower around the waist.

Also, you know Tony keeps mentioning the recovery drink? That's cos it works. There are very expensive recovery drinks out there from maximuscle et al, but look for chocolate milk with as close to a 4 to 1, carbs to protein ratio, and get 250ml or so of that in you as soon as you can after exercising. It's amazing how well it works, I was skeptical but if I run out, the next day I'm really sore, so I make sure I always have some. Triathletes have been keeping it a secret for a long time...

I was a bit unsure about P90x, there's a lot of jokes out there about it, it's very American, and you have to put up with that somewhat, but the results are undeniable. I'm in a couple of good facebook groups, as well as a challenge group on the Team Beachbody forum. There's loads of info and support out there, and I've had a lot of contact with people who are doing, or have done it. If you stick with it, and keep pressing play, you're going to see amazing results.

Yep I can't believe how much protein you have to eat but it's manageable with the whey protein. I've got a load of chocolate milks in the fridge for recovery drinks as well.

It's annoying that the other people in the DVD are in great shape :p In one of them there was a bloke with one leg jumping higher than me! They should have an asthmatic chubster in each video just to make you feel better about yourself imo.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
ileks do you have/need much equipment? I did get me a pull up bar that fits over a door frame.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
If I may? Pull up bar is a great start. I live in a cottage with no suitable doors where the ceiling is high enough, so I ended up with an awesome and huge power tower! You will need dumbbells, or resistance bands. I have both, but get on much better with the weights. I find the bands a bit awkward, but if all you can do is bands that is better than not doing it at all. If you do go for weights, you'll need a range, or those fancy pants selectable ones. Stopping to change the weight for different exercises would be a royal pain in the arse. A yoga mat is useful as is a yoga block, they're both pretty cheap so no excuse really.

I think combining P90X and a running program would be asking a lot. If you're doing the P90X like you mean it, you'll be pretty wiped out for running. Equally it's an all around strength and fitness program, so your running will benefit, but not nearly as much as a tailored 12 week running program would benefit you.

I finish in another 35 days or so, and my other half is about 4 weeks behind me in it. We're both planning on doing Insanity afterwards, so I'm going to fill in the gap while I wait with a mix of doing the P90X yoga with her, doing a bit of running, cycling, and some strength/weight stuff. The things I can do already which I couldn't 6 weeks ago are amazing. Do it! It's a great program

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom