elkie scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry but i've read the thread and from what u say Elkie, i can't see any way he could have got the password.

That said, I daut many in the BG for the ML Raid know the details. I removed him about 10 seconds later and ordered the bg to load up a TON of spam. Needless to say the BG did what the BG does best.

Hope all goes well.

/Hug.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
Mate I hope to hell you get that account back. Having played in the same guild with elkie I know he is the last person to give out passes even when everyone else is :) Good luck and hope that mofo who has your account gets ass rapped by four she males.

Five! ....and from Nelson! :D

Hows NZ mike? :D

edit: ontopic

Andy, chat to me on msn tomorrow dude :)

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
The Computer Misuse Act of 1990, c18 art1-5 regarding access to computer material states that:

Unauthorised access to computer material.

1.—(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—
(a) he causes a computer to perform any function with intent to secure access to any program or data held in any computer;
(b) the access he intends to secure is unauthorised; and
(c) he knows at the time when he causes the computer to perform the function that that is the case.
(2) The intent a person has to have to commit an offence under this section need not be directed at—
(a) any particular program or data;
(b) a program or data of any particular kind; or
(c) a program or data held in any particular computer.
(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or to both.

Unauthorised access with intent to commit or facilitate commission of further offences.

2.—(1) A person is guilty of an offence under this section if he commits an offence under section 1 above ("the unauthorised access offence") with intent—
(a) to commit an offence to which this section applies; or
(b) to facilitate the commission of such an offence (whether by himself or by any other person);
and the offence he intends to commit or facilitate is referred to below in this section as the further offence.

(2) This section applies to offences—
(a) for which the sentence is fixed by law; or
(b) for which a person of twenty-one years of age or over (not previously convicted) may be sentenced to imprisonment for a term of five years (or, in England and Wales, might be so sentenced but for the restrictions imposed by section 33 of the [1980 c. 43.] Magistrates' Courts Act 1980).
(3) It is immaterial for the purposes of this section whether the further offence is to be committed on the same occasion as the unauthorised access offence or on any future occasion.

(4) A person may be guilty of an offence under this section even though the facts are such that the commission of the further offence is impossible.

(5) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable—
(a) on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or to both; and
(b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or to a fine or to both.

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Furthermore:

EC CONVENTION ON CYBER-CRIME

To date, the Convention has been signed (accepted) by 34 Council of Europe members (including the UK) and four non-members (the United States, Canada, Japan, and South Africa) that also participated in the negotiations. Ratification (implementing the convention in national legislation, only then will it become law) has, however only been conducted by six countries per 2004 when it came into force.

Section 1 - Substantive criminal law

Offences against the confidentiality, integrity and availability
of computer data and systems

Article 2 - Illegal access

Each Party shall adopt such legislative and other measures as may be necessary to establish as criminal offences under its domestic law, when committed intentionally, the access to the whole or any part of a computer system without right. A Party may require that the offence be committed by infringing security measures, with the intent of obtaining computer data or other dishonest intent, or in relation to a computer system that is connected to another computer system.

Article 3 - Illegal interception

Each Party shall adopt such legislative and other measures as may be necessary to establish as criminal offences under its domestic law, when committed intentionally, the interception without right, made by technical means, of non-public transmissions of computer data to, from or within a computer system, including electromagnetic emissions from a computer system carrying such computer data. A Party may require that the offence be committed with dishonest intent, or in relation to a computer system that is connected to another computer system.

Article 4 - Data interference

1. Each Party shall adopt such legislative and other measures as may be necessary to establish as criminal offences under its domestic law, when committed intentionally, the damaging, deletion, deterioration, alteration or suppression of computer data without right.

2. A Party may reserve the right to require that the conduct described in paragraph 1 result in serious harm.

Article 5 - System interference

Each Party shall adopt such legislative and other measures as may be necessary to establish as criminal offences under its domestic law, when committed intentionally, the serious hindering without right of the functioning of a computer system by inputting, transmitting, damaging, deleting, deteriorating, altering or suppressing computer data.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
I'll bet money elkie was shring his pwd around like a lot of you do. This is an example of why not to do that.

I have to say elkie is very tight on his password and i doubt very much it has anything to do with sharing of passwords.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well with the IP address you can normally trace it to within the local exchange from there on your sort of stuck.
HOWEVER if you have his ip address log into the www.btinternet.com website and inform their complaints department that the person with the IP address has illegally gained information from your computer and you want to them to investigate.

What they should do is shut down his IP address for normally 24 hours while they gather information on the account. But dunno that might require a court order and Isp's are very paranoid about those things + it costs money.

As for beating people up with regards to a game, it is a bit crapola and i dont condone anyone using the internet for malicious means (all virus writers can go do stuff to themselves with rusty implements) But there are tools available if you know who and where to look.

You have his Ip address 99% of all interent users use default settings on their computers from admin passwords made up of ADMIN and PASSWORD (it happens) However its a warning to everyone else out there dont open any email that you think is suspect turn off the auto graphics thing because there is nothing stopping someone from linking the email to a website. And you can create a popup program very easily that would look and act like a GOA login in screen all that you have to do is have the program send the login and password to your computer using an email script.

As for MSN if someone asked to join my msn list generally i deny them until i find out who they are . Still dont know if its a bank holiday in france if not ill try and point a GM in the direction of this thread.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
if you go to BT's website and report him, it will be investigated.
also its pretty wierd how he did get ur pass tho.. if your pass wasnt stored in a saved message on your MSN aggount.. and your MSN account isnt the account you receive your GOA stuff to anyway.. even an email with something dodjy in it wouldnt allow you to read other emails.. they are all encrypted by outlook express anyway :/

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Strega said:
The Computer Misuse Act of 1990, c18 art1-5 regarding access to computer material states that:

Unauthorised access to computer material.

1.—(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—
(a) he causes a computer to perform any function with intent to secure access to any program or data held in any computer;
(b) the access he intends to secure is unauthorised; and
(c) he knows at the time when he causes the computer to perform the function that that is the case.
(2) The intent a person has to have to commit an offence under this section need not be directed at—
(a) any particular program or data;
(b) a program or data of any particular kind; or
(c) a program or data held in any particular computer.
(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or to both.

Unauthorised access with intent to commit or facilitate commission of further offences.

2.—(1) A person is guilty of an offence under this section if he commits an offence under section 1 above ("the unauthorised access offence") with intent—
(a) to commit an offence to which this section applies; or
(b) to facilitate the commission of such an offence (whether by himself or by any other person);
and the offence he intends to commit or facilitate is referred to below in this section as the further offence.

(2) This section applies to offences—
(a) for which the sentence is fixed by law; or
(b) for which a person of twenty-one years of age or over (not previously convicted) may be sentenced to imprisonment for a term of five years (or, in England and Wales, might be so sentenced but for the restrictions imposed by section 33 of the [1980 c. 43.] Magistrates' Courts Act 1980).
(3) It is immaterial for the purposes of this section whether the further offence is to be committed on the same occasion as the unauthorised access offence or on any future occasion.

(4) A person may be guilty of an offence under this section even though the facts are such that the commission of the further offence is impossible.

(5) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable—
(a) on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or to both; and
(b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or to a fine or to both.

love the quote in ya sig man...children of bodom fuckin rock!!

but anyway on topic thats fuckin shit elkie....dont kno wu or anythin but man thats such a shitty thing to do....an i dont know much about the law...but wouldnt that be fraud or some shi tdoin that?? or theft?? technically.seems the guy i quoted does know about the laws on it...hope the guy/girl that did it gets pissed on from 30,000 feet

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Hacking into someones elses computer is unquestionably against the law. Whether any proof or more importantly if anyone will commit the resources to get that proof and prosecute probably will be the problem.

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
love the quote in ya sig man...children of bodom fuckin rock!!

but anyway on topic thats fuckin shit elkie....dont kno wu or anythin but man thats such a shitty thing to do....an i dont know much about the law...but wouldnt that be fraud or some shi tdoin that?? or theft?? technically.seems the guy i quoted does know about the laws on it...hope the guy/girl that did it gets pissed on from 30,000 feet

Thanks, been a CoB fan since 96:) What the Computer Misuse Act of 1990, chapter 18 article 1 and 2 a-c basically says is that using one computer to acquire data or programs situated on another computer without permission, will result in that the offender will be subject to the full force of criminal law. It also states that no blame can be delegated to programs or data even if such mediums made the action possible. The strongest case is nothing without evidence, which, as it has been mentioned, might be hard to provide. Also consider that common perception of "proof" will sometimes not hold up in court. Then consider the "actual loss" of Elkie, in this case. Attempting to explain the value of a virtual game account to magistrates might be a daunting task. Should it ever turn into a legal case it would qualify as a minor offence followed by proceedings in the form of a summary trial (no jury, held before magistrates). Upon conviction this means 6 months in prison or a fine, or both. Keep in mind that the severeness of a sentence would rely on various factors and case law.

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Liability under common law and its statutes such as the MSA Act 1990 is determined based on the following two things: that the criminal act was conducted within the UK or that the defendant resides in the UK. The latter is also a vital factor when establishing choice of venue "genuine link".

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Well i know who ill be going to if i need advice on law

Better bookmark ur email address for future referance... hopefuly with my acts.. it wont be to soonly needed :( no offence ofc
But ye thanks for the handy tip on it mate

And Elkie... ready ur PM's dude

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
I have to say elkie is very tight on his password and i doubt very much it has anything to do with sharing of passwords.

Being in guild with bliizard b4 he was their when my irl friend took the pwrd of my computer nearly 2 years ago thats why bliiz is a bit urg about it, i dont mind as bliiz is a good friend and he is damn right entilitled to his opinion, but hes going at history when he remember last time it happened but 2 years ago irl friend took pwrd off computer after that he got told off (cant hit a good friend after that) and then i took all pwrds of computer how ive worked over last years and half. But ofcourse everyone is entitled to their opinion about the thread i mean i shouldnt really care tbh as atleast i know im the one telling the truth.

/wave to bliiz :p

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
oh Elkie....
READ UR PM's PLEAASE

*EDIT*

Someone PUNCH andy to wake him up plz...

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
VegetaFH1 said:
oh Elkie....
READ UR PM's PLEAASE

*EDIT*

Someone PUNCH andy to wake him up plz...

IM UP IM UP IM UP but im training atm doing my boxing in my gym so il get back to ya in about half hour

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Work ur steam off against the mids mate
Right now, i need u... and ur help

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
VegetaFH1 said:
Work ur steam off against the mids mate
Right now, i need u... and ur help

should i trust u thoe? with what u have pmd when i dont think so my friend if you where not afraid u should post that here m8 instead of via pm or should i copy and paste it? i mean if you are trying to help me maybe the public should view?

Not that im doubting you but im not stupid and i dont trust people i dont know so why not just paste it here?

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
I say go for it dude
Post the pm

The only reason i pm'ed was cus i got banned off prydwen.net for that type of stuff and that last thing i want is lossing both my resorces for gathering info inside daoc

But by all means, post the pm... but i garenteer if u do and the hacker views the post.. he or she will change that password....

this cud be viewed at trust, if u feel u cant.. please post the pm, but dont bullshit me about stuff ok, cus ill call that bluff

Mey

Part of the furniture
Jesus Christ there are too many cooks in this thread.. Alittle information is dangerous in the hands of fools.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I got added too by boomboomkthx on MSN a few days ago, I accepted cause I hadn't seen this post then, and he hasn't spoken to me. I've blocked the address now tho just to be sure. It looks like he gets our msn from these forums. I dont think anything has happened to me, yet. But if anyone sees my chars running about naked :( pls tell me lol..

A little anecdote:
I've been hacked before when I used to play UO, like 7 years ago, like many back then I didnt have antivirus nor firewall software. Some guy added me on msn and convinced me to accept a file over MSN because I believed what the guy said, well ofc the program didn't work (but installed a backdoor on a port) and he then persuaded me to give him the login details saying that he would make it work for me lol .. I was 12, and I was pwnt by greed and youthful naivety :(

But I did learn my lesson, never accept a file if it's a .exe, or execute it if it came through as a zip and Never ever share the password to my main acc. Looking back I'm kinda glad it was just a UO account, it could have been a lot worse, but now I stick with those rules for anything I do over the net. They might sound like common sense now to a lot of us but there are still people out there who don't share this same level of caution because they have never been "hacked" before.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Ivynoxia said:
I got added too by boomboomkthx on MSN a few days ago, I accepted cause I hadn't seen this post then, and he hasn't spoken to me. I've blocked the address now tho just to be sure. It looks like he gets our msn from these forums. I dont think anything has happened to me, yet. But if anyone sees my chars running about naked :( pls tell me lol..

A little anecdote:
I've been hacked before when I used to play UO, like 7 years ago, like many back then I didnt have antivirus nor firewall software. Some guy added me on msn and convinced me to accept a file over MSN because I believed what the guy said, well ofc the program didn't work (but installed a backdoor on a port) and he then persuaded me to give him the login details saying that he would make it work for me lol .. I was 12, and I was pwnt by greed and youthful naivety :(

But I did learn my lesson, never accept a file if it's a .exe, or execute it if it came through as a zip and Never ever share the password to my main acc. Looking back I'm kinda glad it was just a UO account, it could have been a lot worse, but now I stick with those rules for anything I do over the net. These rules might sound like common sense now to a lot of us but there are still people out there who don't share this same level of caution because they have never been "hacked" before.

Thank you mate more evidence to show im not lieing the guy added me on fh the exact same email GUYS DONT ACCEPT THE GUYS MSN OR ANYTHING THAT IS NOT SOME1 U DO NOT KNOW!!! The fact i fell for it as i showed my msn on fh as i help people with fitness so they can come to talk to me and i can give the advice and stuff, DO not do this if you have you msn free for all to view take it off now.

edit: Just found another haxing email adress yeayeam8s@hotmail.co.uk Do not accept adds from this email either guys

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Taken it off now, luckily I dont use my msn email for daoc, or anything else really, it's just filled with spam.

ps elkie I hope you get ur acc back soon.

Gibs

Fledgling Freddie
sorry elkie i just woke up and your acct must have crashed out sometime during the night.
hope you got things fixed though and was glad to help as much as i could.

Diab

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Gibs said:
sorry elkie i just woke up and your acct must have crashed out sometime during the night.
hope you got things fixed though and was glad to help as much as i could.

Diab

waiting for goa m8 atm

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
sorry to hear bout your account mate but afaik its a bank holiday in France as well :(

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
me to, they tell me i cant recieve the security email to change my email cos its in the junk folder...orly? cos i never thught of looking there :p

do goa work today and anyone know how i can contact a gm? i need to talk to someone in person not an auto responce unit :(

pez

Can't get enough of FH
the french are pretty socialist tbh

if its some kind of 'bank holiday' 'worker holiday' type thing then there will be no one working till tuesday

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
aelkin ant lieing, if anybody thinks so u can pm me and ill tell ya why

I formaly request we get someone from GOA in here to take down all the emails and details they can get, altho they probably already have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom