Dragon Raid.

O

old.Reno

As some guilds may already be aware of, this weekend I'm trying to host another attempt on the life of Cuuldurach, the dragon.
However to beat him we need most of Hibernia's finest.
To this end all level 40+ rezzers and level 45+ assorted other classes, with enough time, patience and an ability to follow orders, are invited to this raid.

The strategy to be followed will be the one described in Bedroc's dragon hunting guide.
http://home.concepts-ict.nl/~akebono/dragonguide.html

In short we will need 6 add control groups with 3 tanks, 2 pb's,1 warden,1 druid and 1 bard.
A lot of group of rezzers with MR suppliers.
A couple of groups of 6 rangers, 1 bard, 1 enchantments chanter.
And lots of groups with assorted dragon fodder.

No healing allowed except for HoT's. All other magic is allowed as long as it's done in melee range of the dragon.

Loot : 1 lotto entry per person. No lottoing for mates or alts, the char you come with is the only one you can lotto for. lvl 51 drops for lvl 50's only, class specific. Normal drops are open for 45+.

As I've only just started organizing this, I'm in need of some help for assistants and cg leaders. Wanted are an assistant raid leader, ranger cg leader, rezzer cg leader, fodder cg leader and a add control cg leader. Helpfull will be GL's for the add control groups. Also wanted is a sacrificial goat, aka dragon puller.

For more information contact me in game.
Let's hope we can kill the bastard.

Danita.
Celtic Fist

A

Auscia

Reporting for duty

I'm willing to help as much as I can, but I won't take the ranger group leadership :)
But, that being said, I'll do whatever is needed.

C

censi

danita healing is ok according to my logs... I think thats a fact (someone confirm)

No blowing me trumpet here but got a reasonable amount of experience with this thing.. cba writing down everything but theres a few essenital things missing from bedroc strategy and theres a few problems with it in general (its a bit over complicated and impossible to implement in all the detail described on the site (still gr8 guide though)) if you want to pm me in game and I can throw a few things your way that you might wanna try...

one key thing though... try and get at least 15 archers in a CG ready to space out and shoot the dragon from behind. they hit a lot for 30+ damage a pop and if you can keep the AOE off the archers (ie it blasts forward and doesnt turn on the archers) you may well be able to drop this thing.

Also send a kamikazi in to start the raid. this will trigger the AOE... res the kamikazi and send him in again... wait for the 2nd AOE to trigger and kill the kamikazi again... and then rush the grunts into position and start killing it immedielty...

F

Faeldawn

Whatever and whenever, bout time we killed that lizzard!

L

Lloth[TD]

I'll be up for it...was @ the last one with Censi - was a good laugh.

I'm sure I can convince some guildies that its a good idea heh

:)

G

Gahldir

1 Bad thing about not lottoing for alts is that then everyone will bring the characters they want drops to. In my case I will leave my 34 enchant chanter home. :(

A

Anu

Dear Alb's,

We are away fighting the Dragon. Please don't attack our relic and we'll send you some pie.

Thanks

Hibs defence Force

:p

O

old.Reno

To Censi.
I know the guide is a bit overcomplicated and missing some points in places, however I didn't feel like typing up a complete rewrite of the guide.
As to healing being allowed, this is probably the same problem as determining when rangers should start shooting the dragon. Once the dragon has lost sufficient health to establish aggro on the tanks, it's probabbly safe.
However as some healers don't like standing in melee range of a mob and take any decline in the groups health as a personal insult, I think it's safer for the raids succes to ban healing till after the dragons demise.
As to rangers shooting, they shouldn't shoot him from maximum range. The rangers damage add diminishes with distance, ie my ranger's 46 dam add hits for 10-12 at max range but about 40 at point blank range.
Finally the scacrificial goat isn't planned as a 1 time use object, he should be sacrificed a number of times, probably a number close to 10 to exhaust the dragon's tendency to AE on the first hit.
I will however contact you for points I have undoubtedly missed.

Danita

A

Aussie-

albs aren't interested in alb pow relic -_-

S

StormriderX

count me in - hopefully the raid will end by 4.50pm gmt ;)

E

Exiled

depends when it is, im due to be moving soon so might not be on for a bit :(

A

Amadon

count me in.. I can do the rezzer or add control cg depending on what char you want

A

aruen

Count me in and hopefully a lot of Alliance of Power :)

------------------------------------------
Aruen 50 Druid Co-GM of <Alliance of Power>
Leaa 37 Bard <Alliance of Power>
Jule 28 BM Co-GM of <Portvcalis Raiders>

O

old.Ramas

We are away fighting the Dragon. Please don't attack our relic and we'll send you some pie.

albs aren't interested in alb pow relic

Not espeicially interested in hib pie either.

What else you got?

E

Exiled

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Not espeicially interested in hib pie either.

What else you got?

we got your power relic so fk off back to the alb section, kthx, any ideas on days for this drag thing yet ?

S

StormriderX

Out of curiosity is it no proc weapons again? o_0

A

Arnor

When the dragon is at 25% everyone with a bow move away to bows limit and start plucking away instead. Keep focus on killing adds. Watch out especially for the dragons courier running for help when Cuuldrach is dying.

NEVER hurt the dragon from a distance!

hmm?

good luck btw ;)

O

old.Reno

Originally posted by stormriderx
Out of curiosity is it no proc weapons again? o_0

Procs are allowed, as are DD's, GT, PB and AE as long as it's done in MELEE range of the dragon.

Danita

R

Radghast

out of curiosity, does anyone have a drop list for the drag? interesting to compare them to SI drops.

regardless of the drops would be a great achievment to finally take down the overpowered salamander. will be there with my fingers crossed and my spear up its A** :)

Users who are viewing this thread