Dragon Raid

X

xfear

ok, I'll cancel the galla raid this saturday and ill do a Dragon raid, this saturday at 17 GMT, when emain is too zerged for RvR xD

this raid is short like u know, so i hope there will be some interested people, I only will accept those people, or groupleaders that book here his group, its a FFA raid, but the people must have some interest and book here, ofc there will people that can join at the last moment, people not booked here, but they have to speak with me, so ill look a group for them

we need like 5-9 FG of tank groups, try to bring a warden if possible, for ubber damage add, and 2 druids in each group, rangers are cool here, if u only have 1 char 50, and that char is a mage, and u want to come, well ... , come and u will kill adds or something xD, but if u have an alt tht is a tank, bring it pliz

perfect setup group for dragon is : 4 tanks, 1 warden, 2 druids, 1 bard

This will be my first dragon raid, so it is possible that i will do something bad xD, couse i didnt read anything about him, and i only assisted to 4 dragon raids xD, but ill do it good, no problem

i will do this raid, couse there are a lot of people that is looking for respec stones, and couse i want the dragon remain :), im not interested in respec stones, or dragon drops, only the dragon remain, so i would like to preclaim it, or something, if it isnt a problem for u ..., like u know the dragon remain is only other kind of furniture for youre house, his value is 0 gold atm, so i hope that there is no problem here, if i preclaim the dragon remain, and if i give away the respec stones etc, for those people that need them

ty :) , and pliz, all people interested in book here, his group, or his guild, start now !!, ahh, we will split the respec stones, in equal parts, to the group leaders, so all people will win a respec stone

UPDATE : only those guilds that have a house/villa/mansion can lotto for it, so ill do the remain lotto between all group leaders that will be there, with a full GG, and that have a house/villa/mansion before splitting the respec stones

O

old.Nol

I think most guilds would prefer the dragon head, would be fair if GL's got to random for it imo.

O

oblivion_6

good idea nol

I would luv to make the dragon trophy lol

U

uncle_sal

Does any1 have a list of dragon drops... or any1 knows if it drops anything intresting for bm... i know theres nice ring in 1.65...

J

jaapi

If online i could bring my chanter for dmg add.

P

PJS

This will be my first dragon raid, so it is possible that i will do something bad xD, couse i didnt read anything about him, and i only assisted to 4 dragon raids xD, but ill do it good, no problem

If you want to read up, here ...

http://camelotvault.ign.com/thegame/guides/epicraid/hibdragon.shtml

I learned something new myself reading that.
Sorry, cant find a list of dragon drops on the net :(.

I will bring a lvl 50 mana ment or 48 nurt/reg druid or 46 bard or 44 nightshade whichever is best, suggestions?

Please people, let him have the remains for making the effort. Its not asking a lot is it?

F

freakyphil

As a relatively new DAOC player I'd like to participate in the dragon raid. I've never participated in a Galla raid either and look forward to joining one of those at some point too...

My only character is a lvl 41 valewalker (hopefully higher before the weekend), will I be welcome in a group?

I will speak to my fellow guild mates and see if we (The Unseen University) can bring along a full group. If not, I hope I will still be welcome? :(

U

uncle_sal

You sure you want to go Freakyphil... you propably end up loosing tons of exp...

F

freakyphil

I take it by that you mean I will die a lot?
;)
In all honesty I am interested in going along for the fun of it. I don't want to lay claim to anything and honestly don't have the slightest clue about any drops that there are - let alone if anything useful by a VW would be there...
:)
I am more concerned that I'll be more of a hinderance than a help to any raid that goes on there...

"Oops I died, can I get a rezz..."
[5 minutes later] "Sorry guys I died again..."
:(
If it'll be like that then maybe I shouldn't come!? I read the guide that was posted and it says level 40+ so surely I won't die constantly? *fingers crossed*

Anyway, let me know if I'd be welcome or not! :D

L

Legolias

I have no tanks yet but I'll bring my mana ment. I'm sure Mana regen will be usefull :)

X

xfear

Originally posted by old.Nol
I think most guilds would prefer the dragon head, would be fair if GL's got to random for it imo.

well lets hear what they want to, let me take the dragon remains, or take the dragon remains for themselves :pP , in both cases if the raid goes good, ill make more, so each guild will be able to take his own trophy :p , will u let me preclaim it, without a whine ? :p , btw , it is only loot, it worths nothing, only for furniture in a house, and tbh if u really really want the dragon head, u could make dragon raids, to win youre wanted loot :pPP

lets decide, i dont want to do the things like i want, if it will hurt someone, so if someone really really want his own dragon trophy, post it here, and lets do a random for it, but it will piss me off ;PP XDD

the thing i want to say isnt that " I will preclaim dragon head formyself " , i want to say this " pliz, let me have the dragon head " , just to make the things clear :p

D

diabien_hib

i'd like to lotto for the dragon remains tbh

L

Legolias

Well it's Xfear's raid, so he may decide upon loot rules... you can always choose to not go if he won't lotto the dragon remains.

damn typos.

E

enli

i'll join in :) with my bro's BM :)

and the dragon remains, just do regular raids, and let guilds roll for them first imo

B

boni_ofdavoid

Hof would love to participate, im sure we can get a full GG for this.

For me the remains of large creatures are kindof a pointer that the person or guild was responsible for killing that mob (at least in the major part). It would be silly to see something like the dragons head lottoed away to a random player.

If you organise this then I would be happy for XFear to take away the head of the dragon, perhaps future ones could be lottoed amoungst the guilds that bring a GG.

P

PJS

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
For me the remains of large creatures are kindof a pointer that the person or guild was responsible for killing that mob (at least in the major part). It would be silly to see something like the dragons head lottoed away to a random player.

If you organise this then I would be happy for XFear to take away the head of the dragon, perhaps future ones could be lottoed amoungst the guilds that bring a GG.

What he said too.

I

Ivynoxia

I'll come with my ns, that counts as a tank.. right? :D

E

Eltharion

think the biggest interrest is in the remains, for guilds that is...

only reason id go anyways, until the new drops are added..

if guilds woulndt have a chance to get remainds, i think many would be disencouraged from going...

X

xfear

Galladoria raid, planned for thursday ( today ) cancelled, couse Galladoria is literally empty, :p

O

old.Nol

The truth is that the turnout would be far larger if you lotto'd the remains. Many CF people won't go on a preclaimed remains raid and I don't think it's because we are being selfish tbh.

That said, you are more then welcome to drum up supprt for a preclaimed raid, I was just pointing out the raid would fill alot faster if it wasn't preclaimed.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Eltharion
think the biggest interrest is in the remains, for guilds that is...

only reason id go anyways, until the new drops are added..

if guilds woulndt have a chance to get remainds, i think many would be disencouraged from going...

Remains are 1 drop, and one that has no use in rvr and is only there for asthetic value.

If its a problem for some guilds I would just take the guilds that are willing to pass up on this most useless of drops.

Its not like the dragon needs more than about 3fg if they know what they are doing.

X

xfear

Originally posted by old.Nol
The truth is that the turnout would be far larger if you lotto'd the remains. Many CF people won't go on a preclaimed remains raid and I don't think it's because we are being selfish tbh.

That said, you are more then welcome to drum up supprt for a preclaimed raid, I was just pointing out the raid would fill alot faster if it wasn't preclaimed.

OMG. well , i didnt think that the remain was very important for hibernia :pP , well , we will do lotto for them , and set up some rules

They are : only those guilds that have a house/villa/mansion can lotto for it, so ill do the remain lotto between all group leaders that will be there, with a full GG, and that have a house/villa/mansion before splitting the respec stones

M

Mirhen Morkir

Sorry but preclaim sucks, even though the dragon head has no real value, it is still a hard to come by thing, and a great thing for any guild house/house.

Lotto the remains like any other item.

S

Sichama

Just do more than one Dragon raids, in each one of the raids one guild has the dragon remains preclaimed.

I believe that with just a litle support from each guild a Dragon raid can be done practically every other day or so.

And at xfear's raid i believe he should get the remains first because he has proven that he will support the next ones even though he has them, something that can't be said for the rest.

D

Demolay

lotto for all - enough ppl been on enuf dragon raids to know how it works - aint rocket science just numbers and organisation if DOAC has a dictionary could sum1 scrub preclaim from it plz ;)

FFA = free for all surely i.e. let's not kid ourselves that organised raids are for the "good of Hibernia" - that's like saying Bush is the rightful pres of the USA @_@ ppl go on these raids for items for themselves no other reason as XFear found out when he scrubbed the points system

A

Aule Valar

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
Sorry but preclaim sucks, even though the dragon head has no real value, it is still a hard to come by thing, and a great thing for any guild house/house.

exactly why the person that organises the slaying of the beastie deserves to get the head, to show he has gone to the effort of doing this

J

jaapi

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir

Lotto the remains like any other item.
So a guy who goes through all this trouble arranging a raid gets nothing for it? I personally think that he has done enough raids to get atleast some reward for it, and what better than this?

Users who are viewing this thread