Dragon Raid

S

Shrye

Originally posted by drummer
You honestly believe Xfear is getting nothing of these raids? :rolleyes:

Some people are indeed very naive ^^

N

-Nuked-

dont know how any of you can whine tbh, nothing is stoping you making your own dragon raid at a later date and also setting some rules of your own! :rolleyes: but instead its better to whine at the person who obviously wants the remains enough to be bothered to organise the raid. i know for a fact i couldnt do it.

X

xfear

ill make other try to the dragon, dunno when, i have to speak with some people before, couse i dont want to ruin their events :p

O

old.Wildfire

what, you guys cant do it with 1fg? :rolleyes: noobs these days

O

old.Nol

Please don't imply that I am selfish and lazy because I don't agree with the raid rules and am unable right now to organise one myself.

I am still broke from my raids(can't even afford to repair my armour), nor have I received a single drop from my raids.

Lastly, I am not stupid enough to think the Dragon Head is not valuable, right now it is the most valuable possesion in Hibernia.

This raid will not succeed without people, and I think all deserve the same opportunity to win the head.

G

Gesp

Originally posted by drummer
You honestly believe Xfear is getting nothing of these raids? :rolleyes:
Originally posted by old.Nol
This raid will not succeed without people, and I think all deserve the same opportunity to win the head.
maybe these two explains better what i mean.

O

old.Tzeentch

No raid will be successful to a decent degree without a good organiser.

I'm sorry, but lol, this is not fins.

Takes just a little bit more to pull this off, it's equivalent to saying Nol's raids in midgard could have been pulled off by anyone, and that everyone else did just as much as he did.

L

Lessurl

I agree with Tzee. I think that the remains should go to the person who actually put in the effort to organise the raid. I can't see how some random joe who just turned up and hit the dragon when told to/buffed when told to etc. really has done enough to deserve the remains. They are (in my eyes) a status symbol for your house to show that you actually lead a succesful dragon raid. Not that you just showed up and were lucky with a /random.

The problem is (as i see it) that a lot of people wont bother turning up if there is no chance for them to get the remains as that and respec stones are the only really desirable items from the dragon atm. Far too many people want something for next to nothing. :p

X

xfear

Lessurl imo, u have to talk with youre friend gesp , u are from the same guild etc xD

A

ab_fluid

jesus, xfear, make the raid claim the item and if people don't turn up, fuck em, we gave the dragon a good run for its money with 2fg and i think it is easily doable with 4 well organised fg's, if people are selfish enough not to appreciate you giving up your time to organise these thigns for the realm then they do not deserve to be included. Don't let anything people say get you down, you have earned any item you want in this game imo.

I

Infernos.

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
No raid will be successful to a decent degree without a good organiser.

I'm sorry, but lol, this is not fins.

Takes just a little bit more to pull this off, it's equivalent to saying Nol's raids in midgard could have been pulled off by anyone, and that everyone else did just as much as he did.

100% agree

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by ab_fluid
jesus, xfear, make the raid claim the item and if people don't turn up, fuck em, we gave the dragon a good run for its money with 2fg and i think it is easily doable with 4 well organised fg's, if people are selfish enough not to appreciate you giving up your time to organise these thigns for the realm then they do not deserve to be included. Don't let anything people say get you down, you have earned any item you want in this game imo.

Agree, 4fg should be enough for this. Go get your trophy.

C

censi

after nearly a year of free for all raids which the whole of hibernia has benefitted from and loved you really get to see who your friends are when you ask for summin back.

There are many people that would come on this dragon raid and not care that the head was going to Xfear, they would feel he has more than earnt it.

There are also those that would want the head trophy for their house and would feel that there would be no point attending a raid where they had no chance to get it.

There is no right or wrong. Just different personalities.

I would be happy to attend in the knowledge that the head was preclaimed purley on the grounds that I have benefitted enough for Xfears raids to appreciate that those who put the most effort in should get the most rewards back. I put moderate effort in a get moderate rewards back. I expect no more or no less.

L

Legolias

Damn I can't believe some people are that selfish, Xfear has led plenty of raids and I'm pretty sure he hardly ever pre-claims. If he takes the effort of leading 100+ people to kill a Dragon, I reckon he deserves a Dragon Trophy to show he has succesfully led a raid.

The people who want to get the Dragon Trophy just because "they were there" are selfish bastards imo.

A

Aule Valar

Originally posted by Xeanor
Raid leader should (imo) always get at least something for himself.

Dragon remains are the perfect thing for that.

totally agree

W

wyleia

Its a wonder that Xfear spends a lot of his time doing daily galla raids, and now offering to do regular dragon hunts if it goes well.. Like it or not, he is the LEADER of these hunts.. He gets people together and offers his time every week for this stuff, and for what? people to go : I was there i should get the dragon head before Xfear... Does any guild deserve it more than Xfear? does typing /random 100 and getting a 98 make you deserve it ? or does the person who has brought u steady galla raids for the past months finally get a trophy to display all that he has done and worked for...

Besides.. if guilds really wanted their own head.. they could easily go get one, like we did with vgn.. They dont need to go on mass raids and complain that the guy who puts all his time and effort into these things get the dragon trophy. As for other guilds with not enough members, there will prolly be more raids with remains to lotto.. and a FULL career respec and Ra respec stones are v.nice as well.

O

old.Nol

Ok then, I think I'll stop rr & keep take raids because I get nothing. Instead I'll start organising pve raids and get cool shit, then I won't be selfish anymore either...double win, sweeeet..

W

wyleia

Originally posted by old.Nol
Ok then, I think I'll stop rr & keep take raids because I get nothing. Instead I'll start organising pve raids and get cool shit, then I won't be selfish anymore either...double win, sweeeet..

You want some pve trophy to show this?

If you are the leader of the rr for our relics, the 3 relics sitting in our keep show that :) and defending the realm etc.. Not some pve-roleplay drag trophy :)

*OR* you could wait and take your luck with /random at the next drag raid or next one.. why does it have to be the very first one.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by wyleia
You want some pve trophy to show this?

If you are the leader of the rr for our relics, the 3 relics sitting in our keep show that :) and defending the realm etc.. Not some pve-roleplay drag trophy :)

*OR* you could wait and take your luck with /random at the next drag raid or next one.. why does it have to be the very first one.

Getting irritated by the fact that people are implying that I am selfish because of my opinion of pre-claim raids.

Unselfish is doing something for NO reward, there is clearly a reward for pre-claim raid leaders.

I won't be at the raid, so I won't be randoming.

T

Tyka

Vy, I think Nol was being sarcastic in the post wich you quoted ;)

Anyways Nol I should'nt get so upset if I was you, most people I know respect you for the raids you've done and know what you go for, as for the rest, who cares?

DAoC Community is and will always be full of jealous and asocial kids who can't do stuff themselves, always rely on others and when things don't go the way they want it = cheese for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread