New dragon raid.

L

learen

Greetins , ill try to do some dragons raids and i hope to kill him all the times that we visit him :p .

Now, i must add some new rules to kill him , according to the Saad rules.

1 - Lets try to get weapons without procs .
You can come with procs in ur weapons but u must know what can be the reason to aoe dd from Dragon , pls avoid procs as u can.
2 - Champs cant cast debuffs and dds into the lair.
3 - No mushrooms of animist into the lair.
4 - No AM (only bards) and No Gp (only droods) in raid.
5 - Tanks must hit Dragon from his back or bleed styles.
6 - We need to avoid all kind of magic into the lair coz that makes the famous dragon aoe dmg.

Repeating some important things :
- Rangers with add dmg and bard in his group
- Tanks with add dmg.
- Rezzers group , rezz as far as u can and NO HEAL INTO THE LAIR

By the others ill remember for u the Saadyst Rules here:

<< -------------------------^ ^-------------------------- >>

You must be awake and alert when fighting this guy, any 'oops forgot not to <insert non-allowable action here>' is a risk we cant take

overview of the plan:

all 4 entrances to the lair will have hibs, depending on how many people turn up <and if its anything like previous raids, probably 150+>

proper balanced FGs, druids/warden/bard + 5 others, all tanks go close range to melee, there is to be _NO_ healing at all, NONE.

there will be 2 dedicated rez groups, preferably druids with bard for mana, spread out a bit and rezzing as needed so they dont get AE.

any group that gets aggro _must_ have all its grp members get into the dragons melee range, do NOT stand on the mound, and make sure you are in melee range - stick is not always the best to do, use face if you think you are too close - aka right under him

DO NOT HEAL AT ALL INSIDE THE LAIR
ANY HEALING MUST BE DONE WITH ALL GROUP MEMBERS AS FAR AS POSSIBLE FROM THE DRAGON AND TOTALLY CLEAR OF AGGRO

ranger groups - as many as possible please, and grouped with a bard for end song, you slash/thrust arrows are best afaik, try to maintain some form of spread, just dont hang too close to the people at the entrances

i've heard that volley works wonders

so, assuming we have 160 people, 20fg, we can have 4fg at each entrance, , leaving 4fg - 2fg rezz grps, 2fg rangers

we'll send the usual schmuck..er... brave warrior.. to attack the dragon and try to pull an ae, after which two of the sides will send in 2fg each - leaving two sides with 4fg, and two sides with 2fg to manage adds from outside and any that are inside that can be pulled out

if the 4fg on the dragon get wiped <if? lol>, the other two sides will send in 2fg each whilst the rez grps start the work on the dead folk, all rebuffing/regenning must be done outside the lair as far from the dragon as possible, making sure you ONLY ever leave the lair if you are clear of aggro, and then assuming their positions again, waiting for the other 4fg to get wiped and so forth

like legion, ALL ADDS MUST BE DEALT WITH BEFORE THE DRAGON
if your group has aggro, then stay WITH the dragon, if you DONT have aggro, clear the adds

the dragon will attempt to send couriers out to call a billion or so mobs - these couriers must be ganked as fast hell, they must not be allowed to live, above all other adds, these must be targetted

rangers- you guys should be doing the most dmg, you WILL have bards and whatever else you need to do your job, simply ask if you require something

remember - this is a two attempt raid, if we fail the first time, we'll go again, the best place to bind therefore would be connla, for a healer and horse to innis if we fail on attempt #1

people under 50 - the chance of dying several times is VERY high, please realise it is your own risk on coming along, and you wont be allowed to lotto for any level 51 items, everything else however, you will be <unless you're just a lowbie leeching xp or smth>

if anyone has any suggestions to make on the plans here, feel free to comment or let me know in game, i've tried to implement everything i've read so far that will work, but i'm probably gonna miss something

if the first attempt fails, i'll try and adapt it a bit to make the second attempt better

please try and make balanced groups beforehand, if there is a shortage of druids etc, then i'll ask druids in some groups to leave to join a rez group, since healing wont be happening at the dragon, druids are more useful for rezzing.

<< ---------------------------------------- >>

Ill try to make it all the good that i can and i hope to kill him again with all hibs there :).

For more info and details , Saturday 28 Jun ill make a cg to discuss all questions.

All help will be welcome.

Thank you Saadyst for ur advices and knowledges about DR.

A warm greeting of ur mate Learendil :).

L

learen

But that can be considered like a type of magic into the lair, and is always better to come up than to cure:p

B

boni_ofdavoid

procs or no procs? you seem unclear.

afaik procs are fine, its doing stuff out of melee range that causes the dragon to do AOE, so all procs are sweet, no?

V

VodkaFairy

Magic at melee range does not trigger that aoe I think, didn't hibs kill the dragon in the US by just getting under his belly and melee/nuke/whatever it to death with just ~50 people?

S

Simmern

According to Sanya spells dont trigger the AoE.

E

Ebonn

Originally posted on the Camelot Herald
Q: My question is about the dragon. I have seen some say that the dragon AOE is purely random, nothing in particular triggering them. I have seen too other said that it is random BUT is triggered by (choose some or all of the following things) casting, debuffing, healing, running a healing chant, using a proc weapons, buffing...

A: Fear not – none of the above listed items will cause the dragon (in any realm) to breathe.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Great let everyone know. No point us all taking gimp sticks along with no procs eh. Keep hearing that on dragon raids still...

C

censi

aye lear, well done for taking the horn by the balls. We need more peeps willing to do things like this.

If you need me to run the ranger motley crew im always there.

G

geldor

so we can pb the dragon then ?

and when is the raid ?

L

learen

Well , in the last events with the dragon i could see as something cause the aoe dmg , if i make this raid is for kill him , not for waste ur time .

Lets try this rules and avoid procs and all kinda magic into the lair just for check it , if i am convinced that its his dmg random then ill be able to give instructions during the battle. It isnt hard for u dont bring a weapons without procs .

I repite : 1 - Lets try to get weapons without procs .
You can come with procs in ur weapons (if u cannot get another weapon without proc) but u must know what can be a reason to aoe dd from Dragon , pls avoid procs as u can.

I cannot assure that procs or the magic is the cause of their damage, I need to see it to confirm it.

In this dragon raid ill check some things to make this raid more and more easy and to try to be able a standar method to kill him whenever we want.

I would thank for the help of some volunteers to lead the tanks group, rangers group , support group, and rezzers group. And another peeps to check how people are doing it and to correct if they are making something bad.
The big problem of last dragon raid was that too many peeps didnt know the rules , ill try to show all rules in a cg this saturday.

And thanks censi for ur help will be welcome :) .I still remember those good legion raids :).

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Magic at melee range does not trigger that aoe I think, didn't hibs kill the dragon in the US by just getting under his belly and melee/nuke/whatever it to death with just ~50 people?

Worth a try ( ;

S

SingerOfSoul

Originally posted by learen
It isnt hard for u dont bring a weapons without procs .

it is darn easy
buy a lvl 10 one or smth from innis youll still hit same dmg :p

X

Xray

If you are using Saadyst's Rules does that mean that lvl 49 can lotto for MP lvl 51 drops?

L

learen

Lotto rules :

1- 49-50s can lotto for mp drops.
2- 40+ for non mp drops.
3- 41+ for stones coz at 40 u have a respec.
Simple? :p

X

Xray

Yes, that's nice.

And it's always good to know the rules b4 u start the raid.

Users who are viewing this thread